Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Has romero ever had a five round fight? He can definitely put Bisping to sleep but his cardio is just so suspect. It will be an extremely interesting fight, much more so than waiting till November for GSP and Bisping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i imagine anyone having to fight him will get tired just as fast as he does

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's going to be more cheating going on in Bisping Romero than the human eye can see

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's going to be more cheating going on in Bisping Romero than the human eye can see

especially Bispings

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Gay Horney posted:

Has romero ever had a five round fight? He can definitely put Bisping to sleep but his cardio is just so suspect. It will be an extremely interesting fight, much more so than waiting till November for GSP and Bisping

machida vs romero was 5 rounds. it only took him 3 rounds to retire the old karate fighter though

yoel romero will for sure gas but he will also cheat his way to a much needed break in the middle of the fight and he will knock out bisping

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

especially Bispings

i dunno actually being cross eyed might actually help hard to pull slight of hand when he's looking in two places at once

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The current mw top 5 is Romero, Rockhold, Whittaker, Mousasi and Jacare, and I don't think I'd pick Bisping to beat any of them more than 3 times out of 10.

The bottom of the top 10 is Weidman, Silva, Brunson, Jotko and somehow Vitor. I think at this point in their careers I'd consistently favor Bisping over Anderson and deflated Vitor, and maybe he'd beat Jotko 5 or 6 times out of 10. He only beats Weidman consistently if Weidman really is outright done at this point and Brunson could probably have the same kind of fight vs Bisping he did with Silva and win more often than not.

Just my hot takes when considering Bisping's future as a champion

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i was going to argue that bisping could beat jacare if he could dodge the right hand for five rounds but then i remember the hendo fight

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Foul Fowl posted:

i was going to argue that bisping could beat jacare if he could dodge the right hand for five rounds but then i remember the hendo fight

All three judges score the fight 48-47

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i imagine anyone having to fight him will get tired just as fast as he does

Watch Romero/feijao for the greatest fight of all time

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
But what if it turns out Bisping's style is tailor made for avoiding Big LEFT Hands?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lord Waffle Beards UFC 211 Tier List

Good fight
Stipe Miocic vs JDS
Joanna fhqwhgads vs wmma person
Frankie Edgar vs Yair
Eddie Alvarez vs Dustin Poirier

probably gonna be boring /who cares
Demian Maia Vs Masvidal
Marco Polo Reyes vs. James Vick

Dave Branch
Dave Branch

who?
Chas skelly v Jason knight

Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinone
Chase Sherman vs. Rashad Coulter
Gabriel Benítez vs. Enrique Barzola
Joachim Christensen vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov*

wmma

Jessica Aguilar vs. Cortney Casey

Henry Cejudo award for being injured/withdrawing from a fight/missing weight
Henry Cejudo
Ben Rothwell

Garbage City
Dallas

*gadzihumard might actually be a good prospect

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bluedeanie posted:

The current mw top 5 is Romero, Rockhold, Whittaker, Mousasi and Jacare, and I don't think I'd pick Bisping to beat any of them more than 3 times out of 10.

The bottom of the top 10 is Weidman, Silva, Brunson, Jotko and somehow Vitor. I think at this point in their careers I'd consistently favor Bisping over Anderson and deflated Vitor, and maybe he'd beat Jotko 5 or 6 times out of 10. He only beats Weidman consistently if Weidman really is outright done at this point and Brunson could probably have the same kind of fight vs Bisping he did with Silva and win more often than not.

Just my hot takes when considering Bisping's future as a champion

I think Brunson is super overrated. Skill wise I don't think he's any better than like Mark Munoz. Bisping beats him handily. Otherwise yeah One Eye will not reign for long.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

who?

Aw man, I like Joachim. Met him flying out of PDX after he lost at FN96 because I was seated with his corner guys. Super nice team.

But he's fighting a Dagestani dude on a 13 fight win streak. :ohdear:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

tesilential posted:

I think Brunson is super overrated. Skill wise I don't think he's any better than like Mark Munoz. Bisping beats him handily. Otherwise yeah One Eye will not reign for long.

I can't and won't argue about him being overrated, I just mean his stalling tactics seem more likely to work against Bisping who is going to be less threatening or capable in the clinch than Anderson. It's kind of how Chael won, and a different panel of judges easily could have given Brunson the Silva win as well.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yoel should smoke him but you never know. Crazy that someone considers Yoel slow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beards UFC 211 Tier List

Good fight
Stipe Miocic vs JDS
Joanna fhqwhgads vs wmma person
Frankie Edgar vs Yair
Eddie Alvarez vs Dustin Poirier

probably gonna be boring /who cares
Demian Maia Vs Masvidal
Marco Polo Reyes vs. James Vick

Dave Branch
Dave Branch

who?
Chas skelly v Jason knight

Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinone
Chase Sherman vs. Rashad Coulter
Gabriel Benítez vs. Enrique Barzola

wmma

Jessica Aguilar vs. Cortney Casey

Henry Cejudo award for being injured/withdrawing from a fight/missing weight
Henry Cejudo
Ben Rothwell

Garbage City
Dallas

drat you actually want to watch Joanna fight, is this the birth of a new lwb

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

drat you actually want to watch Joanna fight, is this the birth of a new lwb

Cyborg and Joanna are the only wmma worth watching, and miesha tate

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Remembering when I predicted tate was gonna submit Holm, and fatherdog refused to evem.ackowledge the possibility of it happening and that there was no way she would be able to holm to the ground if rousey couldnt...lol

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Cyborg and Joanna are the only wmma worth watching, and miesha tate

Miesha Tate wasn't good but she was tenacious and tough and always in entertaining fights. Sucks that she retired but I'm really happy she got a big gold belt before she did.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Remembering when I predicted tate was gonna submit Holm, and fatherdog refused to evem.ackowledge the possibility of it happening and that there was no way she would be able to holm to the ground if rousey couldnt...lol

Nope

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If only one word reply mod was still here to keep the level of discourse up.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Lid posted:

All three judges score the fight 48-47

yeah but he couldn't avoid the most predictable weapon in the ufc for a single round lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Fatherdog is getting the "he was always bad" treatment???

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Novum posted:

Fatherdog is getting the "he was always bad" treatment???

lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Fatherdog was never my friend

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/862710898762362880

Cejudo and Joe both injured..rip flyweight division

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ain + I used to diss FD as ops of the psp mirc cabal

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just give Mouse the bantam belt already

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

That is a bad injury for a fighter who isn't making bank to come back from. Sucks for Joe.

As far as the GSP vs Bisping that Dana White press release is really odd. You'd think Dana would have taken all the shots in the world at GSP if he had tested positive after the noise GSP made about testing while he was still active. And they would have just said if it was an injury concern. It probably had something to do with money.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yoel should smoke him but you never know. Crazy that someone considers Yoel slow

he has bursts of insane athleticism but yoel starts off most of his fights not doing a whole lot. that's what I meant by slow

Trast posted:

It probably had something to do with money.

ufc wants bisping and gsp to fight before november since they will make less money overall if they have a bunch of weak PPVs leading up to whatever November/December card they wanna fight each other on.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yoel isn't slow, he just spends lots of time doing nothing and then explodes into some ridiculous offense.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

he has bursts of insane athleticism but yoel starts off most of his fights not doing a whole lot. that's what I meant by slow

Makes sense

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
GSP either made a last minute play for more money, hurt himself, or just got scared. When you compound one of these with the fact that he's on steroids, it makes perfect sense. It's better for the division this way anyways so you can't get too mad.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/MMAPayout/status/862733412171468800

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Why is loving Keven the only dude here who really seems to get why a biological passport is a supremely hosed up concept?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Work Friend Keven posted:

GSP backed out because hes on steroids.

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I just don't understand how biologists being able to travel internationally has any bearing on the purity of Penne pee.

• Locked thread