Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

When "SUPPART ARR TROOOPS" guy meets an actual veteran for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This was always going to happen

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
99% of the SUPPORT ARE TROOPS types are human garbage who never did a single thing for their country, in any capacity, at any point in their loving lives. For every leftie who is guilty of "virtue signaling" by (insert stereotypical hippie thing here) there are 1,000 of these worthless chuckle-fucks making a big show of their fraudulent, never did poo poo and never will do poo poo, excuse for "patriotism."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

99% of the SUPPORT ARE TROOPS types are human garbage who never did a single thing for their country, in any capacity, at any point in their loving lives. For every leftie who is guilty of "virtue signaling" by (insert stereotypical hippie thing here) there are 1,000 of these worthless chuckle-fucks making a big show of their fraudulent, never did poo poo and never will do poo poo, excuse for "patriotism."

This is a great take on the "all soldiers are heros!" from the receiving side.

http://taskandpurpose.com/call-veterans-heroes-getting-it-wrong/

quote:

I don’t want a cheap thank you. I don’t want to board the airplane first. I don’t want your first-class seat. I don’t want free admission to amusement parks. I don’t want you to pay for my meal. I sure as hell don’t care if you put a yellow ribbon sticker on your car. All of that is meaningless. It only allows Americans to assuage their guilt and feeds an outsized sense of entitlement among many veterans.

What I do want, though, are more Americans who answer President John F. Kennedy’s call, “… ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” He didn’t say, “Ask what someone else can do for your country and then thank him profusely.”

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

In my experience, they also seldom even have family members in the military, which is why they support deployments

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The whole idea that getting angry because an adult isn't engaging in enough servile bowing and scraping to a symbol of state power makes you a "Real American" is such an obvious case of missing the entire loving point of everything that I can't even.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

The whole idea that getting angry because an adult isn't engaging in enough servile bowing and scraping to a symbol of state power makes you a "Real American" is such an obvious case of missing the entire loving point of everything that I can't even.

What would the <Hank Hill voice> founding fathers say?

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

I only support the troops that are Cowboys fans. :^)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

You're not supposed to attack a serve in volleyball Cam :colbert:

On the other hand, it's nice to see him going for a ball instead of running away from it for a change

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
You feel good about that? Watch out, I have a really funny memory of what happened last time you started to feel good about football.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i like james harrison's offseason videos more

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

weird Asian candy posted:

On the other hand, it's nice to see him going for a ball instead of running away from it for a change

:vince:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

:golfclap:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Josh Gordon denied reinstatment. Also, water is wet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That'll help him keep his nose clean.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's never coming back

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

zimbomonkey posted:

You feel good about that? Watch out, I have a really funny memory of what happened last time you started to feel good about football.

I do feel good about it, yes, thank you for asking. Also lol if you think you could add any further insult to injury regarding the Superbowl as if everything hasn't been said or done since. Let me save you the trouble. 28-3. Awesome!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Two NFCS fans arguing about their respective embarrassing Superbowl losses

Meanwhile here I am just hoping my team one day makes it far enough to lose the conference championship game

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Seriously, what do they want to let Gordon back into the NFL? He's missed 2 full seasons already.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

loving lol at teams that lose super bowls

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Flikken posted:

Seriously, what do they want to let Gordon back into the NFL? He's missed 2 full seasons already.

Seems like they don't want Gordon back into the NFL and are making an example out of him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Flikken posted:

To not fail drug tests

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Sour Diesel posted:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

Not an emptyquote

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Two NFCS fans arguing about their respective embarrassing Superbowl losses

Meanwhile here I am just hoping my team one day makes it far enough to lose the conference championship game

And hope that your team will raise a banner to it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Now now, it's not our place to judge AFC South traditions.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Seems like they don't want Gordon back into the NFL and are making an example out of him.

It does feel that way. I would like to remind everyone that his failed tests were codeine in his cough medicine, pot at such a low level that if they had reversed the order of the samples he would have passed and taking a drink on a plane after his season ended but not the league year.

a neat cape posted:

To not fail drug tests

How long should he go since his last failure to be allowed back in???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

iospace posted:

I will wear the gently caress out of my "AFC Finalist" hat

Also I see that the passing of MV and myself has brought the scourge of anime to the moderation team in our beloved sports forums...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

It does feel that way. I would like to remind everyone that his failed tests were codeine in his cough medicine, pot at such a low level that if they had reversed the order of the samples he would have passed and taking a drink on a plane after his season ended but not the league year.

How long should he go since his last failure to be allowed back in???

Considering he's failed multiple tests and is such a dummy about it, I'm fine with it being a year to year thing

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Josh Gordon is somewhere holding up his white board that says X DAYS SINCE LAST FAILED DRUG TEST and then sadly wiping it away to say 0 days as soon as he closes the lid of his pee cup

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If you've already failed multiple drug tests maybe don't put yourself in a position to fail more drug tests like a moron idk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

But you guys he's addicted to marijuana.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Marijuana is definitely addictive, maybe not physically like alcohol, but I get high almost every day

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's as addictive as eating pizza where like if you can't stop eating pizza it becomes an addiction but like, stop eating pizza you fatty.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Holy crap, he is only 26, most of this stuff happened when he was 23-24. Also, keep in mind that he ENTERED the league in stage two testing. He was set up for failure from the get go. Addiction is a powerful thing and if they continue to punish him for past infractions it will be more and more difficult for him to combat it, I mean from his eyes why bother trying to come back because the league just isn't letting him back. Dude is still getting tested 10 times a month, sheesh.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

If you've already failed multiple drug tests maybe don't put yourself in a position to fail more drug tests like a moron idk

Flikken posted:

it's not like he's hitting a dozen blunts a day

the Josh Gordon situation is really loving dumb and weed being banned is double dumb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Holy crap, he is only 26, most of this stuff happened when he was 23-24. Also, keep in mind that he ENTERED the league in stage two testing. He was set up for failure from the get go. Addiction is a powerful thing and if they continue to punish him for past infractions it will be more and more difficult for him to combat it, I mean from his eyes why bother trying to come back because the league just isn't letting him back. Dude is still getting tested 10 times a month, sheesh.

What if he was a Steeler

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

Dude is still getting tested 10 times a month, sheesh.

Wait is that true

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Flikken posted:

He relapsed last year that's why he went back to rehab. They really don't think he'll ever actually pass a drug test. Considering his history of 2 high schools, 3 unis and going on 3 years of failed NFL drug tests I understand non-treatment people for writing him completely off. Don't approve of it but understand it and think weed should be part of pain management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We can all agree Josh Gordon is way more responsible than Justin Blackmon.

Poor Blackmon :(

• Locked thread