Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

I find being a selfish shithead xtremely empowering so

But they are only viewed as selfish shitheads by people less enlightened from social media algorithms.

Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Axolotl posted:

After 30, women turn into shriveled, grossly misshapen crones and are unfit for marriage.

In Japan apparently once you hit 26 as a girl you basically have 0 shot of marriage because you're considered too old.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

ranbo das posted:

In Japan apparently once you hit 26 as a girl you basically have 0 shot of marriage because you're considered too old.

They call them "Christmas cakes" or some poo poo like that, right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

But they are only viewed as selfish shitheads by people less enlightened from social media algorithms.

Or something.

I'll trade you three nonprivilege points for two Toosie Rolls and first dibs on the monkey bars

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ranbo das posted:

I remember reading somewhere that the current generation largely considers that to be antiquated and old-fashioned. Of course they're not having any sex so who cares what they think

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Axolotl posted:

They call them "Christmas cakes" or some poo poo like that, right?

Yup, nobody wants a Christmas cake past the 25th. Leads to all kinds of sad things like late 20s women posing in school uniforms with stuffed animals trying to look like children so someone might marry them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ranbo das posted:

Just another example of superior Japanese culture

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Pictured: An OP trying way too hard to pretend this is okay so they don't have to do anything about it.

I [34F] get uncomfortable when my cousin [33F] breastfeeds her older kids [M ages 4-7] around me and I don't know how to get over it.

quote:

I [34F] totally realize that this is my issue but I can't help it and the don't know how to get over it. My cousin [33F] has 3 kids [M ages 4-7] and she is still breastfeeding all 3 of them. It isn't just an occasional thing, it happens between 6 to 12 times a day/night for each of them. It's not just comfort sucking either. She actually still makes milk, I've seen it. She says she will continue to breastfeed until the kids no longer want to. There are no developmental delays or anything with any of the boys and they are a middle class American family that can afford proper food and nutrition (not from a developing country that lacks adequate nutrition)

I know breast is best. I know breast milk is beneficial. I don't get squicked out when I see babies breastfeeding, but for some reason I get an icky feeling when I see her older kids do it, whether we are out in public or at her home, my home or the home of a family member. I have never said a word to her about this or told her how I feel. I know this is all on me but no matter what I do I can't shake the squicky, gross feeling. I don't want this to effect my relationship with her or my family.

tl;dr My cousin is still breastfeeding her 3 sons (ages 4 to 7) several times a day. It squicks me out and no matter what I do I can't get over or change how I feel, even though I do want to change.

quote:

She is very anti-big pharma and thinks society is over medicalized. I am fairly certain she is anti-vaccine although I have never asked her because I don't want to open that can of worms.

To be fair, although I disagree with her not taking them to a doctor (she didn't get prenatal care for her pregnancies and gave birth at home as well) the kids have never been seriously sick or broken a bone or anything like that. I would definitely say something in that case but I know people can get very defensive about parenting choices and I don't want to cause a rift or close my relationship with them. Even though it is definitely not what I would choose if I ever had kids.

quote:

She is very much into attachment parenting (no prenatal care pregnancy, homebirth, anti-vaccine, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping and the family bed, unschooling/homeschooling, no hitting and gentle discipline). She is a member of a very popular attachment parenting website and follows all the ideals from there. Even though I am not a mom I don't agree with it myself.

quote:

They don't go to school, she home schools them. The only kids they know also have mom's who breastfeed past when they are babies so the kids don't know any better. She tells them they can stop whenever they want but they don't seem to want to. Like I said I know I am the one with the issue and I may also be projecting onto them.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i like to think japan is ahead of the curve and soon everywhere will be 90% of boys will be NEETs too afraid to talk to girls and 90% of girls will refuse to talk to the gross NEET boys. everyone will be super aloof and all of our characters in our films and tv shows will be hyper exaggerated as a high pressure relief valve because we're too emotionally suppressed in our day to day lives.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

purple death ray posted:

Yup, nobody wants a Christmas cake past the 25th. Leads to all kinds of sad things like late 20s women posing in school uniforms with stuffed animals trying to look like children so someone might marry them.
You'd think they'd figure out that even a wizened Japanese shrew in a schoolgirl uniform would be a dream-come-true for some Japanophiles here in the US, but I guess even they have their standards and good sense not to marry some Weeaboo gaijin.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You should not be breastfeeding a seven year old.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Give 1 (one) reason why that isn't based in arbitrary cultural bias.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

I'll trade you three nonprivilege points for two Toosie Rolls and first dibs on the monkey bars

:golfclap:

SpaceClown posted:

You don't like prey so I'm not talking to you anymore.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Pictured: An OP trying way too hard to pretend this is okay so they don't have to do anything about it.

I [34F] get uncomfortable when my cousin [33F] breastfeeds her older kids [M ages 4-7] around me and I don't know how to get over it.

these kids are going to be some extreme sex weirds when (if) they grow up

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SpaceClown posted:

There's no biological reason to, as nutrients and anti-bodies aren't required from the mother's milk, if they're eating other things, and the continual sucking can deform jaw and teeth development.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SpaceClown posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

You don't even have kids don't try to tell me how to parent mine!

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Avenging_Mikon posted:

There's no biological reason to, as nutrients and anti-bodies aren't required from the mother's milk, if they're eating other things, and the continual sucking can deform jaw and teeth development.

drat...

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

SpaceClown posted:

i like to think japan is ahead of the curve and soon everywhere will be 90% of boys will be NEETs too afraid to talk to girls and 90% of girls will refuse to talk to the gross NEET boys. everyone will be super aloof and all of our characters in our films and tv shows will be hyper exaggerated as a high pressure relief valve because we're too emotionally suppressed in our day to day lives.

I thought that was quite obviously the way the world is going, tbh. As people start to feel more and more redundant, how do you feel enough worth to even present yourself to someone you would consider a worthy mate? What value could you offer in a world where all your needs are met before you even really need to turn any attention to them?

Suicide culture seems to be becoming more and more popular too. Western society is pretty self-obsessed, but we really seem to be losing our resilience to the unfortunate facts of reality and how unimportant an individual truly is.

E: lol remember that a state lawmaker is the guy who made the red pill subreddit. our culture is already scared of women anyway.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

arbitrary cultural bias.

breasts as a sexual ornament isn't biologically based, it's not uniform to all cultures. Views of the West's (and through orientalism, the East's) sexualization of breasts is seen as childish by more than one Subsaharan African culture.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I was an altar boy and my jaw and teeth are fine

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blue Train posted:

I was an altar boy and my jaw and teeth are fine

Bet your rear end is blown out like an old tyre, though.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Faffel posted:

I thought that was quite obviously the way the world is going, tbh. As people start to feel more and more redundant, how do you feel enough worth to even present yourself to someone you would consider a worthy mate? What value could you offer in a world where all your needs are met before you even really need to turn any attention to them?

Suicide culture seems to be becoming more and more popular too. Western society is pretty self-obsessed, but we really seem to be losing our resilience to the unfortunate facts of reality and how unimportant an individual truly is.

If I ever have kids (god forbid) I'm going to pound cosmic absurdism into them so loving hard from the day they are born so by the time they are in kindergarten they have internalized their extreme insignificance and learned not to sweat it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Bet your rear end is blown out like an old tyre, though.

I have to buy special larger seats for my bikes

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Are there any social media "celebrity" families that aren't completely dysfunctional?

I [22F] am seriously scared by my fiance [21M] he is saying horrible things about me and our son [1M], I am 8 months pregnant

Their new daughter will look similar to the father to an unfortunate degree. She will be a handsome young woman.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Faffel posted:

It's pretty clear that what most people are missing is love and affection, which almost everyone can offer provided there's a opossum under their truck which is blocking the route of escape. You could have thrown your Rockstar at it, but you made a terrible mistake...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Kids shouldn't be sucking on anything once their teeth are starting to come in, you'll gently caress them up.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
Japan has loser manchildren like the US, right? Why not just pair up the old women that can't find a man with the loser men that can't find a woman. I mean I guess you should sterilize them both, you don't want them breeding and spreading their loser genes but they would probably be happy or at least getting laid.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

purple death ray posted:

Kids shouldn't be sucking on anything once their teeth are starting to come in, you'll gently caress them up.

Suck on this, kid! *ker-pow!*

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Japan has loser manchildren like the US, right? Why not just pair up the old women that can't find a man with the loser men that can't find a woman. I mean I guess you should sterilize them both, you don't want them breeding and spreading their loser genes but they would probably be happy or at least getting laid.

neither of them want each other.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

Why the hell would you assume they were happy? Like, to you, apparently happy = getting laid and owning a Keurig and yelling at children laughing outside, but to normal people, it requires feelings like affection and caring.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You read the incel thread you know some don't require love or think it will blossom in time

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

SpaceClown posted:

neither of them want each other.

That's why they are forced to marry each other, I mean it's not like they have anything else going for them except bumming everyone out.

If the 26 year old woman had lowered her standards low enough she wouldn't be 26 facing a lifetime of loneliness, sorry, you are stuck with this one now.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 11, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

That's why they are forced to marry each other, I mean it's not like they have anything else going for them except bumming everyone out.

If the 26 year old woman had lowered her standards low enough she would be 26 facing a lifetime of loneliness, sorry, you are stuck with this one now.

wow you loving suck

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

wow you loving suck

Lol.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pick posted:

It's pretty clear that what most people are missing is love and affection, which almost everyone can offer provided there's a opossum under their truck which is blocking the route of escape. You could have thrown your Rockstar at it, but you made a terrible mistake...

Trapped between Pick and an angry opossum, Hugh realizes his mistake as the itching begins to set in.

Maybe you should actually just murder him in some kind of twisted SAW style trap.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Pick posted:

Why the hell would you assume they were happy? Like, to you, apparently happy = getting laid and owning a Keurig and yelling at children laughing outside, but to normal people, it requires feelings like affection and caring.

Actually science says arranged marriages are more successful than marriages based on love and eventually couples in arranged marriages do find affection and caring and overall contentment.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I know, three olives sucking is not news, but sometimes I forget how much he sucks because I am busy alphabetizing my turds or whatever else is a better use of my time than thinking about him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Sorry OP, poo poo is hosed and youre best off not hanging around them lest they comprise your herd immunity.

The only woman I know who unabashedly says she does attachment parenting is also an incredibly vile racist so, you know, watch out for that too OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Pick posted:

I think he threw the Rockstar at what he perceived was the greater threat. Only time will tell if he was right.