Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets ignore everything about how this an admission he owes you child support in arrears and how you should have destroyed his life earlier.

Right now what your daughter needs is a role model. And the best role model is a parent who is there, loving, unconditional, and who will destroy anyone who would harm her children so you need to get that money and never talk to him outside a courtroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Is there a legal way to tell him to pay the child support he owes and then gently caress off forever?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My (26F) boyfriend (28M) brushes his teeth too loud.

quote:

No seriously, I know this is stupid.

We've been dating a bit over a year, live together, fight together, cook together, clean together; we work well. But omg the teeth thing.

I know he's had issues in the past with oral infections and abscesses, so I get WHY. But UGH.

He's very thorough. Cleanest mouth ever. Brushes his tongue like it offended him I swear. We live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. If he's in the bathroom and turns the fan on in the ceiling, I can't sleep because it's all I can hear through the wall.

SO when he's up (before me in the AM, in the evening before bed, when his mouth feels gross) brushing his teeth, Im not even kidding, he HACKS.

Im pretty sure he shoves that toothbrush as far down his throat as he can. And he gags loudly. Then spits loudly. And then has coughing fits to get the rest of whatever else it is out.

He's very loud. I can deal with the volume, I really can. But the GAGGING. You know that sound dogs make when they're about to throw up? Yeah.

Ive mentioned here and there, the volume. Ill shut the bathroom door, tell him neighbours in the hall will hear and he says oh thanks, didn't even realize. I said to his brother once "Man he's loud" and his brother laughed and said "Yeah....he likes clean teeth." But how the gently caress do I tell him it makes me feel nauseous to listen to it?

(I'm aware we need to TALK about this, I just need words for it :/)

*EDIT: ok ok, I phrased this wrong. But I mean, come on, that is not good for you to cough until you throw up from BRUSHING YOUR TEETH.

EDIT 2: apparently Im a bad person for having an auditory revulsion... *tl;dr**: My boyfriend brushes his teeth like he's trying to vomit up his tongue.

I have 1000% sympathy for this woman.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
He deep throats his toothbrush because he isn't getting enough cock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

zakharov posted:

Is there a legal way to tell him to pay the child support he owes and then gently caress off forever?

His name is on the birth certificate and she has written evidence he is aware he didnt pay child support so, yes, yes she can.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Three Olives posted:

She named her child Faith, clearly the father would be a better parent.

At least it wasn't "Destiny"?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

At least it wasn't "Destiny"?

The worst ones still missing to connect four of "indicate poor socioeconomic upbringing" are Chastity and Nevaeh.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

His name is on the birth certificate and she has written evidence he is aware he didnt pay child support so, yes, yes she can.

This isn't really true. He owes the money, but that doesn't terminate his legal rights as a parent.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

dudeness posted:

My (26F) boyfriend (28M) brushes his teeth too loud.

I have 1000% sympathy for this woman.

This is me. I'm loving horrifying. I floss, brush my tongue, brush my TONSILS, get q-tips to squeeze out tonsil stones, gagging like a rottweiler the entire time. It's not uncommon for me to throw up at some point, so I try to do this on an empty stomach. Then I water-pik and finish it off with mouthwash. I do this twice daily. I'm seriously wondering if I have a disorder.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Transistor Rhythm posted:

This is me. I'm loving horrifying. I floss, brush my tongue, brush my TONSILS, get q-tips to squeeze out tonsil stones, gagging like a rottweiler the entire time. It's not uncommon for me to throw up at some point, so I try to do this on an empty stomach. Then I water-pik and finish it off with mouthwash. I do this twice daily. I'm seriously wondering if I have a disorder.

is that oral hygiene or a torture regimen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

This isn't really true. He owes the money, but that doesn't terminate his legal rights as a parent.

It doesnt, but it massively helps her case for continued sole custody.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
At the absolute minimum, meeting the daughter should be off the table until he's taken care of the back owed amount.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

fruit on the bottom posted:

At the absolute minimum, meeting the daughter should be off the table until he's taken care of the back owed amount.

It's not up to her, unfortunately. Unless she went through the legal hoops to get his parental rights terminated no court is going to let her withhold visitation for that reason. Eventually it will all probably end up in court with his wages garnished and probably supervised visitation but since the mom made no legal moves of her own for 5 years including seeking support her options are going to be limited.

I will say in the dude's favor that an apology, a huge check, and a willingness to cooperate are pretty much the only way you come back from something like that.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Either he's serious about making amends or not. In either scenario the right thing to do is ream him for every cent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
barudak seems to have a trigger re: alimony

admit it, you're Jake Cherry

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Transistor Rhythm posted:

You definitely have something

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

P-Mack posted:

Either he's serious about making amends or not. In either scenario the right thing to do is ream him for every cent.

I know a guy who filed a child support claim against himself because he was tired of having a nebulous financial situation with the mother and it worked out for him in the end. That dude should probably do a similar thing because being under a court order to pay X amount in both back pay and current pay would make it almost impossible for her to deny visitation. It sounds like he's trying to go the nice guy route instead of the legal one, which sounds good at first until you realize that you're putting all your faith into an individual you spent 5 years loving over to make the right decision for their kid at the expense of their own personal feelings.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

barudak seems to have a trigger re: alimony

admit it, you're Jake Cherry

I wish I could be so well placed in life. No, I just grew up knowing lots of kids with deadbeat dads and moms who didnt know their rights/were intimidated by the father.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Parenthood is a social construct. Children should be left feral in the street, such that only the strong survive.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Barudak posted:

In some states the government will pursue the father even if the mother doesn't want do. If she ever used government services for anything then he may be on the hook to pay it all back.

I can certainly understand her anger but I say she take small steps to introduce the father to the girl, if anything so the girl doesn't later resent the mother from holding the relationship back. If it were me I'd pay for a lawyer for both of us to discuss terms so that neither of us is taken advantage of.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Parenthood is a social construct. Children should be left feral in the street, such that only the strong survive.

agreed, all social constructs are illegitimate imo

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Let them drown in pools.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I like that he tries to make amends, acknowledges he hosed up, and the threads response is to poo poo all over him, take him for as much as possible, and never let him see the kid. Lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Blue Train posted:

I like that he tries to make amends, acknowledges he hosed up, and the threads response is to poo poo all over him, take him for as much as possible, and never let him see the kid. Lol

Being taken for as much as possible is literally what amends would be in this scenario.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TBH it's a little hosed up that she can get anything, he offered to abort it, she choose to have it anyways and not adopt it out so she should have to pay.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Three Olives posted:

TBH it's a little hosed up that she can get anything, he offered to abort it, she choose to have it anyways and not adopt it out so she should have to pay.

Work a little harder on the trolling.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Being taken for as much as possible is literally what amends would be in this scenario.

Actually a court determines your payments based on the last 5 quarters of earnings. Unpaid support from before the filing is required as back payment. Custody is determined independent of the support case

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Three Olives posted:

Wish your parents had aborted you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wish your parents had aborted you

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Is there a special document that you can give when you are turning down child support? It feels like there should be a statute of limitations or something. She knew who the father was, she choose not to contact him or get a court order and now she can get a huge court order for money he didn't think he owed?

That's hosed up.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Pull up thread, pull up!

My [37M] wife [28F] gets mad that I am an early riser.

quote:

TL;DR: Wife wants to dictate the time I am allowed to get out of bed.

I've been waking up early for the better part of my adult life, ever since I had a very long commute. Nothing crazy IMO - I'm usually up around 5am. Lately, maybe the last year or so, it's crept up closer to 4:15-4:30 on some days. Not sure why, but my mother [68] wakes up around the same time, so maybe it's an age thing.

I enjoy my morning time. I have coffee, read the news, poop, and I'm at the gym by 6am most days. It's quiet. I often get a lot of work done, whether it's paying some bills or figuring out some stuff at work. It doesn't affect my personal life in any way - I stay up at night with my wife until she's ready for bed, usually around 9-10pm.

My wife of 5 years has lately taken issue with this. She wants me to sleep in "until at least 5am." She specifically mentioned the fact that "she wants to spend the extra time with me" which is puzzling to me honestly, because she's asleep. Further, I get a sort of anxiety if I'm awake and can't get out of bed. I toss and turn and it drives me nuts. If I were to wake at 4:15, lying in bed for 45 minutes sounds like pure torture. Not to mention it makes me feel like a kid, with some sort of reverse-curfew. I'm a grown man, I can get up when I want.

It's not an issue of me waking her up - she's up and down all night, and even if she's sleeping when I am getting out of bed, she insists on me kissing her goodbye, which often wakes her up.

Can anyone help me understand where she may be coming from? I don't get this "time spent together" reasoning when one of us is literally not conscious.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I think the larger issue here is making sure she has alone time like I enjoy in the mornings. On top of that I'm going to read the news on my phone in the morning, staying in bed a bit longer. I'd also love to actually sleep in with her some days, and I'll try my best to figure out how to keep my brain from firing off the second I open my eyes.
What kind of weirdo voluntarily wakes up that early?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

I wish I could be so well placed in life. No, I just grew up knowing lots of kids with deadbeat dads and moms who didnt know their rights/were intimidated by the father.

That sucks. families loving over kids is the worst.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You can apply whenever and once accepted, goes back retroactively to birth. A woman could file when the child is 16 and the guy would be hit with 16 years of payments off rip

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Pull up thread, pull up!

My [37M] wife [28F] gets mad that I am an early riser.

What kind of weirdo voluntarily wakes up that early?

That's insanely early, gently caress him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Three Olives posted:

Is there a special document that you can give when you are turning down child support? It feels like there should be a statute of limitations or something. She knew who the father was, she choose not to contact him or get a court order and now she can get a huge court order for money he didn't think he owed?

That's hosed up.

It's pretty easy to not have a kid as a man

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
If we make it so that the government subsidizes 100% of a womean's sexual health she'll have no compunctions about just tossing that wily pus-pus any which way she wants. Guy's are only more amorous cuz we can bust a nut and flee our obligations dicks in hand so if women had that same power think how much hot young snatch would murder its way inside my house, perching upon my bust of Apollo and screeching out ways i will die (alone, scared)

fuuufkcing gently caress i cant WAIT for Sexy Gov't Harpy Future

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Condoms cost pennies, if you're that scared of child support then wear one or be prepared to actually pay for the life you helped bring into the world.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's pretty easy to not have a kid as a man

The penis is not to be trusted it will trick you every time

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Condoms cost pennies, if you're that scared of child support then wear one or be prepared to actually pay for the life you helped bring into the world.
"But it doesn't feeeeeel as goooooood with a condom :qq:" - the traditional song of every guy whining about child support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Condoms can break, they don't feel as good, woman can take the pill, use an IUD, plan B, have an abortion or adopt out the baby.

They both could make the responsible choice not to have the baby, she chose not to do so so I don't see why her choice is on him.