Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can understand someone being a Nintendo or even a PlayStation fanboy, lame as that is, but an Xbox one is somehow even sadder.

I wouldn't call myself an fanboy but I like videogame systems that are good and have good games.

I do not have an Xbox One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Endorph posted:

(lol at the US getting a Taiko game.)

There's no reason the inevitable USB drumset won't work on a US switch. Hopefuly, they just allow the Wii U drumset to work, since a lot of people imported that, once the Taiko games become playable through Homebrew.

They might insist we all buy a new drumset, so we aren't deprived the experience of "some sort of better rumble", though :(

It's entirely possible that the upcoming PS2 - Switch USB adapter from Brook will allow the original USA drumset to work, though? All of the Taiko games allow 3 different button configurations, and each involves half of the controller's buttons being mapped to red, and half being mapped to blue.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

parallelodad posted:

My brother is an Xbox fanboy. He said Sony robbed the Xbox one of it's killer features by mocking them and that the always online game authentication was the future.

Being able to register physical copies to a system and play without swapping carts/discs would rule though. Coupled with a way to like delete the key from your system so you can trade or sell games would be the ideal system imo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

The wheels are seriously great. Big mushy shoulder buttons and comfortable grip. I'll be using them even in non racing games. You just have to make sure you line up the joycon in there correctly.

I'm going to try these. However, no one near me has them, apparently. Not even Amazon.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Endorph posted:

my guess would probably be tales of xillia 1 + 2 tbh, it's a more popular game and going 'two games in one!!' makes it seem like a better deal

I'd be down for a Xillia collection honestly

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Being able to register physical copies to a system and play without swapping carts/discs would rule though. Coupled with a way to like delete the key from your system so you can trade or sell games would be the ideal system imo.

What that makes that nut tough to crack is, you either (A) disable the disc's functionality while a game is installed on a system, or (B) you let every copy of a game essentially exist as two copies, meaning people can install the game and then sell the still-functional disc. A is what Microsoft wanted to do, but the plan was severely anti-consumer. B would be handy, but it's pretty bad business.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weird, my GameStop had a ton. Also a ton of knock off versions that looked the same but different color

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

Weird, my GameStop had a ton. Also a ton of knock off versions that looked the same but different color

I'm going to stick to the official ones to hope for best button feel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm gonna go hang out in public and play my switch

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Supercar Gautier posted:

What that makes that nut tough to crack is, you either (A) disable the disc's functionality while a game is installed on a system, or (B) you let every copy of a game essentially exist as two copies, meaning people can install the game and then sell the still-functional disc. A is what Microsoft wanted to do, but the plan was severely anti-consumer. B would be handy, but it's pretty bad business.

Yeah, the disc would basically have to just be a transferrable key. Would require an internet connection but if they really wanted to from the start they could put out a system with like LTE or something solely to handle that? I dunno, I'm an idiot.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/862729616787558400

Another day, another Switch port coming.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh hell yeah. I'm 100% okay with all these 2D/indie games coming to the Switch. It would be awesome if it got Lisa and Undertale.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Undertake was made in RPG Maker or something and basically impossible for Toby Fox to port because he knows nothing about game programming. Nintendo would have to do all the work for him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kinda wish this was announced sooner so I could had my kickstarter platform for the Switch. Fun game, need to get around to finishing it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

parallelodad posted:

Undertake was made in RPG Maker or something and basically impossible for Toby Fox to port because he knows nothing about game programming. Nintendo would have to do all the work for him.
This doesn't seem like it would be very hard, but I'm guessing doing so at this point would be pointless as everyone has played it already.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Driving like 15 miles right now to get the only Nintendo switch wheels accessory that I can find online or off.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Honestly suprised Nicalis hasn't bought the rights to undertail. A remake/remaster for consoles seems like a no-brainer moneyspinner.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

parallelodad posted:

It was made in GameMaker Studio, gosh. It has export targets for PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Xbone, and I think PS4? There's nothing there for Nintendo, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LethalGeek posted:

This doesn't seem like it would be very hard, but I'm guessing doing so at this point would be pointless as everyone has played it already.

Not me! I got it on steam but I just don't find gaming enjoyable on my laptop.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Undertale would be a nice get, and Nintendo has apparently actually reached out to Toby Fox about the possibility. But he's more or less said that porting it into something that'll run on Nintendo systems is outside his wheelhouse. That doesn't mean it can't or won't happen, but it would mean teaming up with a more experienced developer to recreate the game from scratch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

If your watching a Nintendo Treehouse to look at boobs you might want to get out more.

take the switch anywhere

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm taking Mario Kart to the strip club!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone on Neogaf actually did that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tyma posted:

There's no reason the inevitable USB drumset won't work on a US switch. Hopefuly, they just allow the Wii U drumset to work, since a lot of people imported that, once the Taiko games become playable through Homebrew.

Why would you need homebrew to play it?

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah, that's why all the console Minecraft ports sold so poorly

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I can understand someone being a Nintendo or even a PlayStation fanboy, lame as that is, but an Xbox one is somehow even sadder.

My teenage nephews somehow acquired the idea that the Xbone is the system for manly men and will hear nothing about the PS4 or, God forbid, gay baby Nintendo system. They love their bone so much that after theirs was stolen in a home robbery, they made my sister get them another one.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imagined posted:

My teenage nephews somehow acquired the idea that the Xbone is the system for manly men and will hear nothing about the PS4 or, God forbid, gay baby Nintendo system. They love their bone so much that after theirs was stolen in a home robbery, they made my sister get them another one.

Well to be fair if any of my poo poo was stolen in a robbery I would demand that it be replaced with the same item too, though I would demand it from my insurance company, not my mother.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When you're 14 your mom IS your insurance company.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
When dumbass thieves just steal a few hundred dollars worth of petty poo poo, it's probably best not to file an insurance claim on it. Home insurance will actually drop your rear end if you actually make a claim more than maybe twice.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Imagined posted:

How many Major Nelson pin-ups do they have in their bedroom, be honest

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ooh, this is a good of a time as any to make a recommendation (I work in insurance). If you ever suffer a robbery or a fire or any kind of loss where personal belongings are lost or stolen, be as specific as you can with the list you send to your insurance carrier. If you say "Oh my Macbook burnt up" the insurance carrier will find the cheapest Macbook and reimburse you the price of that item (probably the $999 one). If you say "My mid-2014 Macbook Pro with 128GB of storage which I purchased for $1,200 was burnt up" they'll reimburse you the original retail price. They might ask you for a receipt (though most adjusters don't care enough).

[Edit: Imagined has a good point too, unless your loss is like 2-4x your deductible you're probably better off just not bothering with a claim at all unless you desperately need the lost items and can't pay to replace them out of pocket.]

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why would you need homebrew to play it?

Yeah, that's why all the console Minecraft ports sold so poorly

There's a hell of a lot more jumping into something like Minecraft/BoI/Etc for 30 minutes at a go over and over vs an RPG you might replay a few times.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

parallelodad posted:

That's like asking what's the gameplay to Mario if I never want to jump.

I'm glad you asked, because it's phenomenal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KOiaDxQMQ

Real fascinating article here if you like reading about people who did things in a ridiculously difficult manner for no reason whatsoever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
pannenkoek is a national treasure, and even better are his rejected entries for mario 64 speedruns

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh man I didn't realize there were prefab worlds in Minecraft console versions. I'm actually hype as hell to play the Nintendo level. And it has like multiplayer battle modes? Hell yeah.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tyma posted:

They might insist we all buy a new drumset, so we aren't deprived the experience of "some sort of better rumble", though :(

The Wii U drum is a wiimote attachment so zero chance of that happening

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Switch Wheel Trip Report: Hot Take Edition:

So far, I like em. Not the best thing ever (Maybe someone will make that one day...) but a really good way to have fairly comfy, useful access for bigger hands...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My only problem with the wheel is at first zl wasn't getting triggered because I had pushed the joycon too far into the wheel well. A little adjustment and it worked perfectly.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
So how about the rumors of a new Metroid Prime game for the Switch? I'm thinking it will simply be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for the Switch in say...Spring 2018. :laugh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I didn't own a GameCube I'd buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

spasticColon posted:

So how about the rumors of a new Metroid Prime game for the Switch? I'm thinking it will simply be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for the Switch in say...Spring 2018. :laugh:

anyone can make a rumor

wait no thats about leaks, not rumors. I dunno, I'll believe that when I see "mario x raving rabbids" confirmed.

• Locked thread