Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You don't see how the Browns won't be contending for a first round bye? Hi I've got something for you
*smacks you in the face with a huge book of NFL History*

bill belichick did poorly at his first HC job, coincidentally in Cleveland, before achieving success elsewhere

hue jackson is going to complete the circle by bringing sustained success to the Cleveland Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Except WKRP was (and still is) good.

Change that to Night Court then, the WKRP turkey bit is still amazing.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Looking over the Browns schedule, I don't see how they could go less than 11-5. developing 2nd year QB, stiffened defense, contract year RB

I think this is a year too early and I've been driving the "This Ain't Your Dad's Browns!" bus for a year or so.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sour Diesel posted:

loving lol at teams that lose super bowls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hey there "never lost a Superbowl" friends

:smith:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Look if Derek Anderson can nearly get the Browns into the playoffs the sky's the limit this year

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/862781497694191616

Oh, hey, Chefs goons

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Look if Derek Anderson can nearly get the Browns into the playoffs the sky's the limit this year

The Browns as a team have roughly as many NFL starts as Tom Brady

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Why would we care?

Ricky Stanzi playing in that spring league that won't actually happen is the big news.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The Browns as a team have roughly as many NFL starts as Tom Brady

yeah, and the Browns picked, what, three times in the first round this year? much better future potential than a 6th round pick who was taken 17 years ago

a patagonian cavy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 11, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

What'll be better this year, Browns-Bears or Browns-Jets?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*thinking really hard* i bet the browns are going to be good this year

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
*cleveland brows fan posting in the movie forum* I bet that wolverine is going to be the bad guy in this one

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Plus the other 3 teams in the AFC North are on the decline. Cleveland is the only one with an up arrow next to it.
Bengals got better, Ravens got better, Steelers stayed the same which at worst is still the AFC North winner.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Except WKRP was (and still is) good.

Hey my second not an empty quote in one day in the same thread.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

what the gently caress, Night Court owned

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

My team lost a super bowl once :smith:

Thankfully they have 4 Lombardis to look at and only the one loss.

E: gently caress elway

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Fenrir posted:

E: gently caress elway

Amen, 3 loving times.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Shangri-Law School posted:

What'll be better this year, Browns-Bears or Browns-Jets?

Browns-Bears is a sneak peak at this year's Super Bowl! :D

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Intruder posted:

Oh cool more New Orleans Saints fans :grin:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals got better, Ravens got better, Steelers stayed the same which at worst is still the AFC North winner.

The Steelers got even better on offense just by getting Bryant back, and drafting a non-dwarf possession WR. Someone will still get injured, but their redzone offense is markedly improved

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers got even better on offense just by getting Bryant back, and drafting a non-dwarf possession WR. Someone will still get injured, but their redzone offense is markedly improved

Hey when the Browns get 5 wins and a tie this year I'll laugh at everyone from this thread with you

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey when the Browns get 5 wins and a tie this year I'll laugh at everyone from this thread with you

I got into a fight with a Ravens fan about how the Steelers are going to seriously decline when Ben retires five minutes from now. I said they went to the playoffs just about every year in the 20 years between Bradshaw and Ben, and even went to a SB with garbage like Neil O'Donnell. The he went on and on about Today's NFL and winning, so I just said your team has been winning without an offense for 20 years so stfu

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Intruder posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I forgot about Bryant so yeah, Steelers got better, too. The whole AFCN is a powerhouse and better than the NFCE.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I figure the Browns are a 6-10 to 7-9 team this year. Next year if Hue and Sashi keep their jobs it should come together.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I forgot about Bryant so yeah, Steelers got better, too. The whole AFCN is a powerhouse and better than the NFCE.

0 teams in the AFCN have Carson Wentz and that man will league average us to the drat promised land

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

I figure the Browns are a 6-10 to 7-9 team this year. Next year if Hue and Sashi keep their jobs it should come together.

The Browns have had back-to-back really good drafts. I'm excited to see what happens.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Edit: I want a real rivalry with Pittsburgh back, not us hoping to injure key players of yours late in the season to screw your post season. But knock down, drag out fights where we are knocking each other out of playoff contention for years running. Oh and gently caress the Steelers.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

0 teams in the AFCN have Carson Wentz and that man will league average us to the drat promised land

1 of those teams could have and went...meh.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My alarm just went off. Is someone in here talking poo poo about Night Court?????

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I loved Night Court when I was a kid.

Go back and watch an episode now and tell me it's good. You will be lying.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Flikken posted:

Edit: I want a real rivalry with Pittsburgh back, not us hoping to injure key players of yours late in the season to screw your post season. But knock down, drag out fights where we are knocking each other out of playoff contention for years running. Oh and gently caress the Steelers.

I really want the Browns to be my #2 team(def Stockholm'd) but I cannot get past the goddamn uniform changes. It's still geekily cool to watch this rebuild, though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i like adam 12 and sea hunt when i got broadcast tv and they had some old peoples pbs that you dont get on cable

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Flikken posted:

The Browns know how to stockpile picks, not draft.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I've never seen an episode of WKRP.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets are Out of this World except the alien who can stop time is someone who really hates the Jets and uses it to sabotage them constantly.

The Bears are that episode Punky Brewster where Cherie gets stuck in the fridge

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

To an extent, yeah.

Weren't there some MMA weidoes going around in Seattle for a few years doing just that? Phoenix Jones and his friends would dress up like batman and challenge roudy drunk assholes to fights if they were bothering people.

Yes, I think as long as they remove their shoes and they stop when one goes limp.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 12, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

a patagonian cavy posted:

bill belichick did poorly at his first HC job, coincidentally in Cleveland, before achieving success elsewhere

hue jackson is going to complete the circle by bringing sustained success to the Cleveland Browns

Didn't do that poorly. Got them to the playoffs. Beat the Patriots in the playoffs. The team actually looked like it was on an upswing before the move was announced.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/08/nick-buoniconti-dolphins-cognitive-decline-nfl-head-trauma-concussions

quote:

Buoniconti doesn’t explain that he can’t figure out how to knot a tie or towel his back. He doesn’t speak of his increasingly useless left hand, the increasingly frequent trips to the emergency room or how, just a few days earlier at his home on Long Island, he hurtled backward down a staircase and sprayed blood all over the hardwood, screaming afterward at Lynn, “I should just kill myself! It doesn’t matter!” He doesn’t mention the three staples subsequently crimped into his scalp, doesn’t explain that just yesterday—in a fit of unexplainable pique, and against his own doctor’s orders—he had another physician come to his hotel room and yank those staples out.

quote:

It’s so random. Hendricks has only minor memory lapses. Some of Buoniconti’s Dolphins teammates, meanwhile, are crumbling. Quarterback Earl Morrall, the supersub so key to the Perfect Season, died at 79, in 2014, with Stage 4 CTE. Running back Jim Kiick, 70, lived in squalor until he was placed in an assisted living facility last summer with dementia/early onset Alzheimer’s. Bill Stanfill, a defensive end who long suffered from dementia, died in November at 69. His brain and spine were sent to the CTE center at Boston University, where the disease has been found in 96% of players’ brains studied. (Granted, that’s 96% of a group whose medical or playing history already suggests some sort of brain disease.)

quote:

The family liked the story, but I didn’t speak to Nick again. Then, last October, he left a phone message. Nick, his words slightly halting, asked me to call him back and recited his number. “Okay,” he said. “Goodbye.”

Then came a long pause. You could hear him turn away from the phone. Finally Buoniconti asked, “How do you hang up, Lynn?”

Her voice, quavering, rose in disbelief. “ ‘How do you hang up?’ ” Lynn called from the background.

“Yeah.”

Then the line went dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

The Jets are Out of this World except the alien who can stop time is someone who really hates the Jets and uses it to sabotage them constantly.

The Bears are that episode Punky Brewster where Cherie gets stuck in the fridge

The Bengals are an indecipherable 80s Soviet short where a cartoon tiger is subjected to meaningless, melodramatic tragedy.

• Locked thread