Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Call me when Bernie has a nation's leader sodomized with a bayonet :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Razorwired posted:

Nah the most surreal was the Clinton campaign claiming Bernie was paying kids to come to his rallies when Hillary was paying interns to troll Facebook and Twitter.

Hell, there were people from "correct the record" buzzing around these very forums. Same talking points, same rehashed fake news stories. No place on the internet was safe. I really think that was a factor in people distrusting Clinton. If you criticized her and got enough attention, you'd be mobbed by thought-police. Turns out people don't like being called names and outright bullied for expressing their opinions.

Clinton suck a rotten clap dick and disappear, you bitch.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Tato posted:

It was almost as fun as her smug rear end "Where was Bernie when I was trying to reform healthcare? HUH?" which was refuted 30 seconds later by footage from the 90s of her speaking about healthcare with Bernie loving Sanders standing immediately behind her, to which the counter was "uh., buh, HE DIDN'T DO MUCH THOUGH!"

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/687317650658189312/

lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

phasmid posted:

Hell, there were people from "correct the record" buzzing around these very forums. Same talking points, same rehashed fake news stories. No place on the internet was safe. I really think that was a factor in people distrusting Clinton. If you criticized her and got enough attention, you'd be mobbed by thought-police. Turns out people don't like being called names and outright bullied for expressing their opinions.

Clinton suck a rotten clap dick and disappear, you bitch.

Who were some of these posters? Were they new accounts or old? Are they still posting?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jose Oquendo posted:

Who were some of these posters? Were they new accounts or old? Are they still posting?

I didn't keep a list. IIRC anybody could join and get paid for going around and toeing the line. There was always a signature aggression, a certain kind of tack. Maybe I'm wrong and they were just more angry posters spilling over fron D&D. But considering that it was going on on other forums in a near identical fashion, I think it possible there was direct action from the propaganda arm (which is basically what correct the record was) of the Clinton campaign. Lots of people got called out for being from ctr right here in GBS and in CSPAM.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

phasmid posted:

I didn't keep a list. IIRC anybody could join and get paid for going around and toeing the line. There was always a signature aggression, a certain kind of tack. Maybe I'm wrong and they were just more angry posters spilling over fron D&D. But considering that it was going on on other forums in a near identical fashion, I think it possible there was direct action from the propaganda arm (which is basically what correct the record was) of the Clinton campaign. Lots of people got called out for being from ctr right here in GBS and in CSPAM.

There was never any proof, some people were voicing sincerely held beliefs since there are some legit retarded center-right people who think their worldview is defensible here. Others were just trolling and pretty good at it tbh.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm always pretty skeptical about those claims tbh. It's really easy to try and discredit people who disagree with you by accusing them of being paid shills.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

lmao she is the god drat dirt worst american politician of all time

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

I'm always pretty skeptical about those claims tbh. It's really easy to try and discredit people who disagree with you by accusing them of being paid shills.

Take it up with Hillary for bankrolling real life shills, making the accusations plausible

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I remember that 'Why do people hate hillary' thread in D&D, and how attempts to explain why she was not liked were brushed off and people got red text avatars.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Blue Train posted:

Basic Hitler did nothing wrong

Alienwarehouse fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 11, 2017

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm going to a country club tonight. What sort of knives should i bring to carve up and serve the rich?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Only when you know for a fact that the person they're defending is paying for shills.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

Only when you know for a fact that the person they're defending is paying for shills.

there's a venn diagram of people who defended hillary and CTR shilling but it's pretty optimistic to assume that even 10% of the posters on SA were in the overlap without any concrete proof

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

There was a poo poo ton of weird job ads surrounding the election.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Up to $215 daily for yelling at people online? JFC, I should've shilled

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gammatron 64 posted:

Did that seriously happen? I thought that poster was joking

It really happened.

The difference between Hillary's lies and Trump's lies is that Trump's lies keep on coming true and nobody knows why

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It really happened.

The difference between Hillary's lies and Trump's lies is that Trump's lies keep on coming true and nobody knows why

Trump is a god from outside this dimension, come to sow chaos on our plane. Time and history are his playthings

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Blue Train posted:

Trump is a god from outside this dimension, come to sow chaos on our plane. Time and history are his playthings

You guys know this is true

it's like how Jung said Hitler was a manifestation of Wotan

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

basic hitler posted:

there's a venn diagram of people who defended hillary and CTR shilling but it's pretty optimistic to assume that even 10% of the posters on SA were in the overlap without any concrete proof

so youre saying with hillary supporters online you never know who's really shilling for pay and whos just in the koolaid

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think anyone was shilling for money here. All the hillarymen appeared to be legitimate in their défense of the bourgeoisie abuela.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Streak posted:

I don't think anyone was shilling for money here. All the hillarymen appeared to be legitimate in their défense of the bourgeoisie abuela.

I seem to remember one guy literally working for her campaign or close to it though.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

phasmid posted:

Just as a note, there's a Hillary supporter equivalent to this, that anybody tweeting pro-Trump stuff is (obviously) a Russian bot. And they can similarly point to Russia's giant online operation and their admitted trolling.

The true horror is, there's a lot of people in this world, and a lot of them have dumb opinions, and that's probably most of the people who disagree with you on line no matter what.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Landstander posted:

Just as a note, there's a Hillary supporter equivalent to this, that anybody tweeting pro-Trump stuff is (obviously) a Russian bot. And they can similarly point to Russia's giant online operation and their admitted trolling.

The true horror is, there's a lot of people in this world, and a lot of them have dumb opinions, and that's probably most of the people who disagree with you on line no matter what.

I like all the people who get their opinions from memes on FB.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Some things are universal across political lines.

These are usually the worst, most embarrassing things.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Landstander posted:

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I recently got into an argument someone who thinks government had nothing to do with the internet, ever.

He's a rural white male who's been crushingly poor his entire life. I don't think information and reasoning is real to him. He's genuinely very stupid and he really likes Trump. I think he wants to be right, he self-identifies as right-wing and wants that to be right, therefore Trump rules and the government had/has nothing to do with the internet, whatever the hell 'internet' is supposed to mean.

He's just happy that Trump's authoritarianism makes him feel good and strong and the talking points make its the liberals' turn to be wrong and bad.

It's bizarre.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 12, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

We need more guns, and they need to be mandatory

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Some things are universal across political lines.

These are usually the worst, most embarrassing things.

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 12, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I isn't k ow who been Shapiro is but fatton oswald is a n unfunny fat sack of poo poo hack

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

I seem to remember one guy literally working for her campaign or close to it though.

wasn't it Venom Snake

brought shame to the name of a vicious psychopathic war criminal imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
That's literally the best example there has ever been or will be

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Blue Train posted:

I isn't k ow who been Shapiro is but fatton oswald is a n unfunny fat sack of poo poo hack

:same:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

Also he killed his wife

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The fact he so blatantly murdered his wife and there was no investigation stands in stark contrast to oj Simpson, a man who did not murder his wife but is pursued to this day, decades later. A concise treatise on racism n the present

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Excelzior posted:

wasn't it Venom Snake

brought shame to the name of a vicious psychopathic war criminal imo

Hillary R Clinton??

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Also he killed his wife

yes also this.

patton oswalt killed (murdered) his wife.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Blue Train posted:

he's a weird ayn rand jewish super conservative, he did have something funny on twitter the other day

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/861733209117032448

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

also he's the golden state killer

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
killed his wife and served her up in ratatouie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i was watching something animated on netflix idr what it was but it could hear the voice of patton oswalt, who murdered his wife, in it and i lost a lot of interest.

• Locked thread