Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I hope this filthy cheating ethnic is put in his place by famous good sportsman Mike The Count Bisping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's really good to cheat.

It can be dumb not to

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
What ever it takes

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Is anyone else real worried about Frankie this weekend? I might be crazy but I just have this bad feeling it's gonna end real violent for him, and I'm gonna get real sad.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
eh Frankie is like 35 years old I think. sooner or later he's gonna look real bad.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Benavidez is cool, sucks that that happened. I watched him on TUF and he would own Cejudo with words. Cejudo had no answers.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Frankie held his own against Aldo. He'll be fine. (I hope)

Yair is a killer tho so I mean it could get ugly, I just don't think it will.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Frankie will duck under a kick push Yair to the fence and beat him up

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Frankie will duck under a kick push Yair to the fence and beat him up

Yair's too big, too athletic and is going to kick him until his body breaks down or his brain shuts off.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/862816245942452224

i don't want to see chris weidman get his brains rattled anymore

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That's a really good matchup, but I'm starting to think Wideman should maybe just sit in dark room for the rest of the year, I'm legitimately worried about his brain

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

It's really good to cheat.

José Aldo is the greatest of all time.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I guess Weidman is taking the Arlovski route in his post-title career. The good news is he'll be back for a few cool slobberknockers after a couple of years in the B leagues.

e: looking at his record again I see his stretch of getting KO'd a bunch didn't occur immediately after losing the belt. I just misremembered it that way.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 12, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's not like arlovski at all in my opinion

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.

Skip My Posts posted:

Why do you think it's so hosed up

Alright, I try to keep the actual details of my actual life slightly obscured but I have enough friends on here that know me IRL a bit that it keeps me from becoming a complete character. This is important.

I have a relevant hard to obtain degree and I'm a genocide historian in his thirties. I've seen a lot of hosed up things through video before youtube and I've witnessed untimely death first hand many times. This is all that's relevant here.

A genetic passport, in it's phrasing, is precisely what leads nations to great evils. Any label you can put on someone can be used to exclude and remove people. Genetic passport is the same thought as eugenics and phrenology. Good and bad science questions used to create labels to exclude and eliminate. We live in a society where people revel in letting strangers see the inside of their apartment. We carrying around GPS trackers in our phones and leave them on ALL THE TIME. This may sound paranoid, but things like the holocaust as the most famous example happen fifteen years before bullets are fired. It's dangerous labeling of a concept that really shouldn't exist.

Or we're all gay people and microcosms of society don't exist in sports, whatever.

I just felt that's the first question you've ever asked me that was worth a real answer. Back to laughter please.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

ITs a massive invasion of privacy that lets them retroactively punish you years later for whatever dumb crap they want & it's just incredibly humiliating as a human being haha.

Or this.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Log posted:

Alright, I try to keep the actual details of my actual life slightly obscured but I have enough friends on here that know me IRL a bit that it keeps me from becoming a complete character. This is important.

I have a relevant hard to obtain degree and I'm a genocide historian in his thirties. I've seen a lot of hosed up things through video before youtube and I've witnessed untimely death first hand many times. This is all that's relevant here.

A genetic passport, in it's phrasing, is precisely what leads nations to great evils. Any label you can put on someone can be used to exclude and remove people. Genetic passport is the same thought as eugenics and phrenology. Good and bad science questions used to create labels to exclude and eliminate. We live in a society where people revel in letting strangers see the inside of their apartment. We carrying around GPS trackers in our phones and leave them on ALL THE TIME. This may sound paranoid, but things like the holocaust as the most famous example happen fifteen years before bullets are fired. It's dangerous labeling of a concept that really shouldn't exist.

Or we're all gay people and microcosms of society don't exist in sports, whatever.

I just felt that's the first question you've ever asked me that was worth a real answer. Back to laughter please.

Please explain this further, because I can't see a connection between genocide and tracking some athletes' test results over time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
But a) it's not a genetic passport, it's like if you had a hematocrit of 35-38 baseline and then all of a sudden you have a reading of 52 just before a big bike race, you're probably blood doping and b) competing in top-level sport and consenting to them keeping your samples for a long period of time is a far loving cry from a government collecting biological details to keep tabs on their population. You're really conflating two issues here that are completely unrelated.

Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_passport

ctrl-f "genetic" and tell me how many hits you get. There's a link to a page called "gene doping", which sounds like it might be somewhere in the ballpark of where you're talking about but if you read it you'll notice the fifth word is "hypothetical".

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

My problem is with the label and the concept. I'm sure it will work fine until someone thinks of a way for it not to. I'll talk about this all day with either of you but let's PM about it.

Edit : For the sake of the thread, it feels like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist or a solution tailored to someone specific. I don't have a problem with the practice, it's the potential of implementation.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 12, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
here are several paragraphs of text comparing something I admit knowing absolutely nothing about besides the name to Hitler. I am an intellectual

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I can't decide if yair's best win is Bruce leeroy or bj penn. anyway I could be wrong but I think that maybe yair is being touted a little higher than his actual accomplishments deserve but I'd be happy if I'm wrong because he's great to watch.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Krzysztof Jotko Vegeta is cool.
Yair can establish himself in the rankings win or lose vs Frankie, and Joanna is going to lose.
Demian Maia is cool too.

e; On the first embedded, Stipe picked up a rabbit trap and said it looked like a sex toy. He's the perfect guy to replace Tim Sylvia.

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 12, 2017

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
you guys think Stipe will wrestle JDS or try to box him again? he's better now but I think JDS still outstrikes him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Their first fight was really close I dunno what's gonna happen

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

Their first fight was really close I dunno what's gonna happen

Same.

Alvarez/ Poirier is the best fight on the card.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chillanese posted:

Joanna is going to lose.

You think? What does Andrade have that Gadelha didn't?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chillanese posted:

e; On the first embedded, Stipe picked up a rabbit trap and said it looked like a sex toy. He's the perfect guy to replace Tim Sylvia.

He also said he wanted a metal detector because he saw Peter buying one on Family Guy. Stipe owns.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Memento posted:

You think? What does Andrade have that Gadelha didn't?

I don't think she needs anything extra. I think it'll just be an underdog looking good.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

attackmole posted:

Frankie held his own against Aldo. He'll be fine. (I hope)

Yair is a killer tho so I mean it could get ugly, I just don't think it will.

gently caress it's amazing how much killing an elderly, confused Hawaiian changed Yair's image and made people completely forget when him and Bruce Leeroy spent 25 minutes spinning around in locations vaguely related to the location of the other fighter.

Marching Powder posted:

bisping is the best and i really hope he wins but yoel has shown a worrying lack of getting insanely tired against weidman. in the jacare fight he was so gassed that he landed like one significant strike in the first minute of round 2 and then did nothing for the rest of the fight. in the weidman fight he was beating weidman in round 2 with wrestling and competitive in stand up and in round 3 still had enough gas to kill weidman with nearly no cheating...

In the Jacare fight, he also had to grapple with one of the most insanely strong and talented grapplers in the division, which I think would probably wear anyone out.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Joanna is also seeing eating good food in the first two embeddeds , thus displeasing the MMA Gods who will punish her by making her miss weight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIG4HL37X3M

We don't deserve Joanna and Stipe

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

gently caress it's amazing how much killing an elderly, confused Hawaiian changed Yair's image and made people completely forget when him and Bruce Leeroy spent 25 minutes spinning around in locations vaguely related to the location of the other fighter.

Well he did it for 25 minutes in Mexico City. Most dudes can't keep that up for a round.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Well he did it for 25 minutes in Mexico City. Most dudes can't keep that up for a round.

Well, yeah, but still, their striking percentages were in the 30s. It reminded me of when I was a kid doing sparring and we'd just do retarded jump kicks at each other for fun because, being 7 and from a middle class background, we hadn't developed much in the way of killer instinct. It was fun to watch.

The Penn fight is the first time Yair showed a willingness to chase openings rather than just wait for them to show up. He looked like a very different fighter, and I think a big part of that was Penn's immobility. Even when he wasn't an old man with no knees, Penn wasn't a mobile fighter, he depended on his head movement and TDD rather than footwork. As he's degraded, the little mobility he had vanished entirely.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is awesome that half of Garbrandts TUF team got eliminated.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Joanna is also seeing eating good food in the first two embeddeds , thus displeasing the MMA Gods who will punish her by making her miss weight

That would be the most MMA thing to happen. In all the promo stuff and social media ahe has looked to be in really great shape.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Chas Skelly, who hilariously killed Maximo Blanco in 20 seconds and Jason "Hick Diaz" Knight are probably gonna have a fuckin rad grapplefight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

This card is the most hyped I've been in ages. I don't see any obvious weak spots and a bunch of awesome people are fighting.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Chas Skelly, who hilariously killed Maximo Blanco in 20 seconds and Jason "Hick Diaz" Knight are probably gonna have a fuckin rad grapplefight

Yeah. They both ebtered the UFC and immediately lost to good / great opponents and then went on to kick a wide variety of rear end in a wide variety of ways. They are the mid-carders to watch and one or both of them will have a big impact at featherweight imo

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

GSP-Bisping was not canceled because of steroid related drama or last minute power plays. GSP has repeatedly said he wanted to fight sometime after October, Dana and Bisping wanted it earlier. GSP didn't budge, fight canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe he wanted October because he'd be fully off his cycle by then?????? ?

• Locked thread