Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well who can blame them, a new DOA and Rumble Roses in the same year, the office must have been horny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess it's nice that someone out there remembers Outlaw Golf 2 exists.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had never heard of Outlaw Golf until I saw it on a stream. The early 2000s, man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xmJSNSjec&t=386s

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Fuckin' consoles <:mad:>

Oh huh, literally thought it was PS4 only until now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Outlaw Golf 1/2 are awesome. I've never played the Blockbuster exclusive Christmas themed Outlaw Golf though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure Kasumi is underage.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Why do streamers' videos on YouTube put their twitch chat on screen, I have to hold my tablet in such a way to hide it with my thumb. I'm sure spamming pepe emojis is great fun, but gently caress is it distracting. I'd take a facecam over that garbage

So when they refer to something said in the chat it's not something a youtube viewer can't see?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

by the way ffx2hd has a roguelike in it

That was a fun mode

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Congratulations to all of the Video Game Vixens, it's an honour just to be nominated.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember they'd have ads for the special and the ads would be about "former video game vixens" and it was like "Peach, Video Game Vixen from 199X" or whatever

I think they were hoping for something with more lasting appeal than they ended up having.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So is Rikku.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

All the characters in DOA are listed in game to be at least 18 in the western releases if I remember correctly, even though they're listed younger in Japan. That might have changed when they added the younger-looking character(s) in the later games though...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BexGu posted:

You got a good System Shock-ish game for those franchise sacrifice.

I suppose Prey semi-counts as a new Metroid

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Healbot posted:

So is Rikku.

Also this. Riku was 16 in the game that introduced her in a sexy reveal of removing her disguise/swimgear.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgt4xMTsqrc

lol

Man G4 was a goldmine of cringe poo poo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

bloodychill posted:

All the characters in DOA are listed in game to be at least 18 in the western releases if I remember correctly, even though they're listed younger in Japan. That might have changed when they added the younger-looking character(s) in the later games though...

Up until DoA4 ages were removed from character bios in western releases.

Dunno about DoA5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good discussion for page 69

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Absolution has been $1 multiple times on top of being in multiple Humble Bundles. I'm pretty sure they even gave it away for free at one point.
From Wikipedia:

quote:

Release: 20 November 2012

quote:

As of March 2013, the game has sold over 3.6 million copies.
This was well before it became Bundle Fodder.

Tenzarin posted:

What happened to Tom Clancy's The Division? Did people stop playing it?
The last I heard of it, they announced a second """season""" of content that wasn't a proper season and was instead a bunch of free fluffy stuff, and people were not happy. And then the devs got sucked down the Marvel hole. Alas.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that awards show sucks because they didn't even nominate olivia from god hand as Most Likely To Chop Off Your Arm For Being Whiny

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

really sad to see Hitman get canceled but apparently Vanquish is coming to PC?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
That's not a fair trade

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That's not a fair trade

Yeah, it's a great one.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

chumbler posted:

Yeah, it's a great one.

Have you played Hitman?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I played Hitman, I didn't enjoy it all that much. I respect it and the multiple ways to do things etc. but it's not as flexible and open ended as everyone says it is. It's not very intuitive and it can be fairly boring just waiting for timed events and wandering around aimlessly trying to figure things out. I got as far as Bangkok and haven't finished it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hitman is cool but i'd rather play a cool-rear end shinji mikami game on pc

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Wandle Cax posted:

I played Hitman, I didn't enjoy it all that much. I respect it and the multiple ways to do things etc. but it's not as flexible and open ended as everyone says it is. It's not very intuitive and it can be fairly boring just waiting for timed events and wandering around aimlessly trying to figure things out. I got as far as Bangkok and haven't finished it

I disagree, but I'm glad you played in enough to really experience the game before deciding it wasn't for you.

The Colonel posted:

hitman is cool but i'd rather play a cool-rear end shinji mikami game on pc

We could have had both :sigh:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Hitman 2016 is a fun game to play but an even better game to watch.

Especially Mexican rules Hitman :D

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Hello game chat!

I've been on a fallout new vegas binge recently after failing to mod the game to my liking. just sticking with the bare essentials (graphics, UI .etc) this time and I'm loving it. Just finished the Honest Hearts DLC and finally moving onto vegas.

After playing and finishing fallout 4, this game seems like a godsend.

oddium posted:

is birthdays origins or whatever good. it looks like viva pinata a little. i just want viva pinata

Viva Pinata is the only reason I wake up in cold sweats thinking about buying a preowned 360.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wish Rare Replay would come out for the PC

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hell, i'd buy it for a decent version of perfect dark

shame about jet force gemini though

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

lol jfc

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

All these Blizzard-style pop culture references in Witcher 3 keep throwing me off. Other than the camelot stuff in the first game I don't think the previous installments had anything like that.

I mean it's one thing to have a knight charging at a windmill only for a giant to bust through it, but things like a fight club champion being called Durden the Tailor and a knight being called Gaston LeGaff is just so obvious and out of place.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The part of The Witcher 3 where you use the power of GOG to defeat the evil DRM made my eyes roll out of my head and land on the floor and keep rolling all the way under my bed. They're still there, I can't reach them. I really should get the broom or something

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I can't believe Hitman is dead and now all the bad posters come out to say 'Actually, Hitman was always bad'

I can't believe this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I didn't mind the TW3 references, it's a big game with so much stuff in it that there's enough room for both big serious themes and humor and silly things like references and easter eggs. It all worked out in the end because the big picture was so strong that even when some quests didn't work for me or when a reference was too obvious there was a feeling of experiencing a consistent world and another interesting place waiting to be visited.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lol at anyone complaining about cheeky little references in a game where "summon the bitches" is a thing

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I liked the Ingmar Bergman reference. Also Asterix.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm just saying the references seem as out of place as if they were in a Dark Souls game. And no, things obviously based off Berserk don't count.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wait, rewind just a bit to the Hitman chat - If SE is officially killing it, is there a chance it could be rendered unplayable due to the Always Online? People say that it kicks you off stages sometimes if there's a connection failure or that even if there is a way to play it offline it doesn't keep track of stuff so I was wondering.

I don't actually have the game but I was hoping to buy it one day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Maybe they'll just remove the DRM altogether. But there were some games in the past that got abandoned by publishers and stopped being playable - I think SE would have too much to lose PR-wise with something like that but who knows.

• Locked thread