Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Warriors COME OUT AND PLAYYYYYY

Yeah that was some good poo poo.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

What's the lag like for non-US dudes playing on US servers? I'm in Australia and enjoy shooting mans and being a fuckhead, so it seems like this would be fun?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dude McAwesome posted:

What's the lag like for non-US dudes playing on US servers? I'm in Australia and enjoy shooting mans and being a fuckhead, so it seems like this would be fun?

It's not amazing but it seems like everyone gets hit by lag so it's still good fun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

honestly the highlight of tonight for me was hct letting off great deep belly laughs at the nicolas cage loses his poo poo video

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gip.jpg

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Fanatical furifiers

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Two Finger posted:

It's not amazing but it seems like everyone gets hit by lag so it's still good fun

So it's not frustratingly gamebreaking?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There are definitely problems...it crashes or locks up pretty regularly, hit detection is pretty unpredictable, and some of the physics (esp while driving) are hilarious, but nothing's really game breaking.

Also guys, apparently there's another bunker next to the gun range? I never noticed it.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

There are definitely problems...it crashes or locks up pretty regularly, hit detection is pretty unpredictable, and some of the physics (esp while driving) are hilarious, but nothing's really game breaking.

Also guys, apparently there's another bunker next to the gun range? I never noticed it.

I know there are those two little ones by the range. Is there another?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I know there are those two little ones by the range. Is there another?

About a kilometer west of the range there's another bunker entrance but last I checked you couldn't go inside of it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one that's never had the game crash on me? I get hella texture pop(thanks unreal engine) and the framerate drop in the lobby and plane(smooths out in regular gameplay), but no other performance issues.

I probably cursed myself now :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
90% of my crashes have been going from the game back into the lobby, where it just hangs on the loading screen.

A few weeks back I was getting a lot of crashes while in game, but those have stopped since one update hit. I did get a memory error earlier yesterday but I think I was just on the island waiting for the game to start fortunately

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
I crash about one every five games in the countdown loading area, there are definitely weird lag spikes, and there are a bunch of small issues on top of that. Still, all that being said, with a full GiP four stack it's the most fun game I've played in ages.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I kept on getting crashes trying to go from the lobby to in-game. My computer is an old piece of poo poo I built in 2009 so that might be why though.

iKon posted:

with a full GiP four stack it's the most fun game I've played in ages.

:same:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I'm still so mad that guy got our entire squad for the win. I bet his rear end was puckered worse than the kid from Preacher.

Was a lot of fun regardless though.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
to be fair I think the blue circle killed more of us than he did

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Godholio posted:

On the north side of the range just outside the fence. It is a pretty small one, but sometimes has decent loot.

I've been playing with a couple friends and we have gotten a few wins under our belts even though we only ever have 3 man squads. The guy who was supposed to be our forth has a poo poo computer and started crashing every time we play any somewhat modern game.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Pesticide20 posted:

About a kilometer west of the range there's another bunker entrance but last I checked you couldn't go inside of it.

It's open now. I went into it yesterday - it's a single room. North of it are a few other houses to loot too.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ok for solo I guess. Wish I could use ADS tho.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I heard that HCT won a solo game.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

I heard that HCT won a solo game.

haha yeah, I got one kill, the one that won me the game

it was the most boring, uneventful game and I won. it involved swimming across the river to the military base island, and lots of low crawling after that

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
wangchung did some guy shoot you with a shotgun in the face in that game

edit: nvm i saw who killed you that looked exactly like the scenario i won on though

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

wangchung did some guy shoot you with a shotgun in the face in that game

edit: nvm i saw who killed you that looked exactly like the scenario i won on though

Nah he had a 416. He ran behind a pile of hay that I guess bullets don't go through. He waited till I tried to rush him and fed me a bunch of lead. I was down to like 10% health so I was doomed anyways.

edit : oh you TAP the right mouse button for ADS. loving hell.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its nice to know that even when i have a bad run in pubg, depth is waiting for me with open arms fins, and theres still enough suckers playing to satiate the feeding frenzy :twisted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 16, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Me playing PUBG.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Me when I'm having a good round of PUBG
https://media3.giphy.com/media/IgiX1VIzg8XxS/giphy.gif

Most other times:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/d73gImA5wzndS/giphy.gif

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Ok for solo I guess. Wish I could use ADS tho.

Had to look that acronym up, but you can use iron sights/optics. Instead of holding the right mouse button, click it and you'll toggle to ADS.

e: oh you figured that out. Other good things to know if you're new to the game, right click on the map to set a marker that shows up on your compass, and hit tab if you're near stuff and it'll show up in an inventory on the left that's quicker than picking up boxes individually.

And frying pans make your rear end bullet-proof.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 15, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the hold right click zoom in thing is really good when you're prone and shooting other people that are prone

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Lots of cheaters in PUBG today. They have a fix coming out tomorrow to fix the "lagswitch" and another edit .ini to remove foliage exploits so I guess people are trying to get in while it is still usable.

The lagswitch exploits essentially cuts network traffic between the exploiter and the server for a few seconds. During that time the game world freezes however it was when they disconnected and their character remains in place on the server, but client side they can run around, shoot people or whatever, and when they reconnect the server registers all the hits they had while they were disconnected. The effect is you can kill you without ever having a line of sight or from outside draw distance.

Seeing it a ton today where people are lag switching right before getting on the plane then going around punching people in the lobby. The punches register when they reconnect and 20 people will suddenly die or get knocked out while still in the plane. People are saying the PUBG devs are laying down the banhammer on people caught doing it and hackers are complaining that the cheat is no longer working on the test server.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Delizin posted:

Lots of cheaters in PUBG today. They have a fix coming out tomorrow to fix the "lagswitch" and another edit .ini to remove foliage exploits so I guess people are trying to get in while it is still usable.

The lagswitch exploits essentially cuts network traffic between the exploiter and the server for a few seconds. During that time the game world freezes however it was when they disconnected and their character remains in place on the server, but client side they can run around, shoot people or whatever, and when they reconnect the server registers all the hits they had while they were disconnected. The effect is you can kill you without ever having a line of sight or from outside draw distance.

Seeing it a ton today where people are lag switching right before getting on the plane then going around punching people in the lobby. The punches register when they reconnect and 20 people will suddenly die or get knocked out while still in the plane. People are saying the PUBG devs are laying down the banhammer on people caught doing it and hackers are complaining that the cheat is no longer working on the test server.

I'm reminded of the first Overwatch ban wave and the tears on hack forums. I hope we get a similar taste of schadenfreude for the next few days.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Lag switches are still a thing?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's pretty bad in Destiny, especially since it's really hard--pretty much impossible--to file complaints about that poo poo on console

but back to your question, yes, people really want to win their video games

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_xxA59b5I

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Me and a friend were sprinting through the open and within five seconds both of us died to the same guy. both kills from a cross bow.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Reverand maynard posted:

Me and a friend were sprinting through the open and within five seconds both of us died to the same guy. both kills from a cross bow.

Yeah - I think there's a crossbow hack because today I was headshotted by a crossbow within 1 seconds of a dude getting out of a car.

Also made 2nd for the 8th loving time. I even had the drop on the guy but I forgot to toggle single/full auto and hosed it up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Lag switches are still a thing?

clientside hit detection is loving dumb but alas

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
New sonic will let you play as your OC (do not steal) because god is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

Sega is going to make a shitzillion dollars off this :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

New sonic will let you play as your OC (do not steal) because god is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

Sega is going to make a shitzillion dollars off this :cripes:

CWC is gonna poo poo a house, made of bricks.