Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow they somehow also hosed up CTF in Quake Champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It wasn't too difficult in the original FFX to effectively automate your own Blitzball team, either. To get Wakka's ultimate weapon you had to do something absurd like win 3 seasons in a row and I did it because I had no life when I was 17.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Okay I changed my mind I don't want Ridley Scott to write and direct a new Metroid game anymore.

This new Alien lore keeps getting more and more dumb.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

It wasn't too difficult in the original FFX to effectively automate your own Blitzball team, either. To get Wakka's ultimate weapon you had to do something absurd like win 3 seasons in a row and I did it because I had no life when I was 17.

blitzball is life

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

exquisite tea posted:

i mean you can just sit behind the goal and win, it's just way too loving long

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've had the JRPG 'itch' for a good long while now, and I keep reading nothing but good things about Berseria. Will I miss out on anything if I just slap it in easy mode? I basically want the experience but none of the challenge.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've had the JRPG 'itch' for a good long while now, and I keep reading nothing but good things about Berseria. Will I miss out on anything if I just slap it in easy mode? I basically want the experience but none of the challenge.

Nah, play how you want.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music in Locoroco is so good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Edmond Dantes posted:

easy mode is really easy

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you don't want action combat, Persona 5 might scratch that itch for you pretty well (assuming you haven't already played it and/or don't already know you're not a fan of Persona's whole deal). Turn-based all the way, and you spend most of the game hanging out with anime friends and doing story things. (If it's challenge in general you don't want, not just challenging action combat, there's also Safe mode for just tearing through everything.)

What I've played of Berseria so far has lots of good character interactions and stuff, but also a ton of combat, and I feel like it'd get boring and repetitive if that combat also wasn't challenging. That might just be me, though, and difficulty won't affect the story at all or anything like that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

easy mode is really easy

Yeah it even disables elemental affinities, but it shouldn't cut off any content.

The game is also fairly easy in general.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shadow Warrior 2 is finally coming to console May 19th. Been waiting on this a long long time since the initial reviews on the PC seemed really good, anyone else played it last year?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Locoroco good? I never played it on PSP

I had no idea they were doing a PS4 remaster until it was already on up on the PS store a couple days ago

e: oh i guess it was announced at the same time as the parappa/patapon ones

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sakurazuka posted:

It is. I find it hard to have a bad day after listening to it :)

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Shadow Warrior 2 is finally coming to console May 19th. Been waiting on this a long long time since the initial reviews on the PC seemed really good, anyone else played it last year?

The combat is a huge improvement over the first but the writing is a step down full of weird gameplay/cutscene transitions and an abrupt ending that comes out of nowhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Locoroco good? I never played it on PSP

I had no idea they were doing a PS4 remaster until it was already on up on the PS store a couple days ago

e: oh i guess it was announced at the same time as the parappa/patapon ones

Yeah, I like it, it's kinda simplistic puzzle/platformer thing, just beating it is pretty easy, the challenge is finding all the stuff in a level though. But it's super cute and happy and cool.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://my.mixtape.moe/ejuhxz.webm

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Harrow posted:

If you don't want action combat, Persona 5 might scratch that itch for you pretty well (assuming you haven't already played it and/or don't already know you're not a fan of Persona's whole deal). Turn-based all the way, and you spend most of the game hanging out with anime friends and doing story things. (If it's challenge in general you don't want, not just challenging action combat, there's also Safe mode for just tearing through everything.)

What I've played of Berseria so far has lots of good character interactions and stuff, but also a ton of combat, and I feel like it'd get boring and repetitive if that combat also wasn't challenging. That might just be me, though, and difficulty won't affect the story at all or anything like that.
I have P3 and P4 on my ps3, just never got around to playing them. I actually played a lot of P3P on a friend's PSP but then I had to return it and lost all progress, which kinda burnt me out on starting from the beginning again on the PS3.

Phantasium posted:

The game is also fairly easy in general.
Might give it a try on normal then. I just don't want to have to min-max or go into every single sidequest because otherwise I'd get destroyed by everything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Might give it a try on normal then. I just don't want to have to min-max or go into every single sidequest because otherwise I'd get destroyed by everything.

Nah, most of the sidequests are backloaded anyway. Just keep in mind that the code red enemies unlock mechanics so if you want to just get it over with and lower it to simple you can (they're not necessarily major mechanics and a lot of them involve crafting, a thing you can mostly ignore).

Also you get more EXP the lower the difficulty.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think earlier I mentioned they I need to stop watching quick looks because they keep making me want games when I already have too much to play. Watching the one is The Surge and didn't realize it was sci-fi dark souls. Sure, it's by the people that made Lords of the Fallen so it'll probably be mediocre at best but SCI-FI DARK SOULS!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Harrow posted:

Anyone remember the weird pseudo-roguelike mode in Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring? I bought that game because it was a fighting game with FF characters but played the hell out of the weird tower dungeon crawl mode that I didn't expect to be there.

If you liked the dungeon crawl mode in Ehrgeiz, you'd love the ones in Tobal No. 1 and Tobal 2, since Ehrgeiz was a shittier version of those games reskinned with Final Fantasy characters.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh i forgot that i played some more nier automato yesterday
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=923847134

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Serf posted:

Now I'm just thinking about all the weird old PS1 games I had that no one talks about anymore. Stuff like Tomba, Blasto, Jersey Devil, Azure Dreams, Brave Fencer Musashi and Monster Rancher.

Azure Dreams was really good, although I never got to the end of it. I think there was a GBC version at some point? But if any game ever deserved a sequel / indie dev knockoff, it would be that one.

Tomba I had but I never really liked for some reason. I feel like I should try revisiting that one some day.

Brave Fencer was good too, it was a relic of that era where Square actually did things like "make games that are not Final Fantasy spinoffs or sequels." I remember there being a sequel on PS2 for that too, but I never played it as I didn't actually have a PS2 until near the end of its life, and I think I remember hearing it wasn't that good.

And Monster Rancher also had sequels up through PS2, didn't it? I remember there being a cartoon for it during the Pokemon zeitgeist at the turn of the century.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORpDuzjjHU

Playing this theme just puts a stupid grin on my face.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS2 Mushashi game is not good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my favorite loco roco song is either the title or the spooky level one. which i call eek ticky conga

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Where is the patapon remaster :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm kinda less fussed about Patapon because 2 and 3 were way better.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
2 is the best; 3 was a bit eh since they leaned a little too hard on the multiplayer and RPG aspects (but 3 has the best music except for 2's theme song)

I was miffed that it was 1 getting remastered at first too

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Apparently in Prey if you start the game as a male then the toilet seat in the bathroom in your office is up and if you start as a female it's down.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought nier: automata/locoroco and for some reason driveclub since it was on sale

time 2 game

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I dont think I've ever heard another human being reference noted PSX classic Jersey Devil

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alan Wake is going away because the licensed music the game uses is expiring.

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/863012017833218049

Buy this game and American Nightmare. Please. I implore you. You owe it to yourself to play this game before you miss your chance to do so while still giving back to the developers. Both games have been cracked six ways from sunday and they will be around forever, but you'll only have one more chance to support Remedy for making such an incredible and unique game series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bought those games on a sale a long time ago but never got around to them. I guess maybe I should play them.

Edit: Steam says I've played 101 minutes of Alan Wake but I legitimately cannot remember ever installing or playing this, I don't even know what an Alan Wake is

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's like a love-letter to Stephen King/David Lynch/Twilight Zone/Duracell Brand Batteries

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Palpek posted:

Apparently in Prey if you start the game as a male then the toilet seat in the bathroom in your office is up and if you start as a female it's down.

:biotruths:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hope you like stumbling around in spoopy woods

(Seriously, it's a decent game)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mimic!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I really liked Alan Wake. I never finished the DLCs or American Nightmare though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Alan Wake is going away because the licensed music the game uses is expiring.

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/863012017833218049

Buy this game and American Nightmare. Please. I implore you. You owe it to yourself to play this game before you miss your chance to do so while still giving back to the developers. Both games have been cracked six ways from sunday and they will be around forever, but you'll only have one more chance to support Remedy for making such an incredible and unique game series.
American Nightmare will stay on sale, since Remedy negotiated the music licenses for that themselves.

They hope to bring Wake back to digital shelves at some point, but it's out of their hands so they don't want to give a timeframe.

• Locked thread