Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

manyak posted:

Medical surveillance is bad but were talking about people beating each other up for entertainment, its probably less concerning that some sanctioning body has your hematocrit levels on record than if they half-assed the drug testing like in other sports and the guy making 11/11 gets his head caved in by a guy who can afford to abuse designer PEDs

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Cyber Dog posted:

she coulda made an effort to stay much bigger this camp bc she knows andrajde is gonna push her around. she also abandoned her usual intimidation tactics in the buildup, which is interesting.

Jessica's assessment had a realistic candor that makes me think she has a good chance. she straight up says that jj is the more complete fighter but that shes going to be afraid of getting hit

They are both from the same fight camp. And as Joanna tells it Jessica was one of the first fighters at the camp in the same weight class to stick up for her when she moved from training in Poland to ATT. So there is probably a measure of respect there.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't want to consider the steroid opinions of a man who is currently using steroids to go from 135 to 148, no offense.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't want to consider the steroid opinions of a man who is currently using steroids to go from 135 to 148, no offense.

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i think the moral handwringing over dudes juicing to cave each other's skulls in should be secondary to the fact that we are paying people to cave each other's skulls in

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i think each of you should one by one apologize to vitor

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Trast posted:

They are both from the same fight camp. And as Joanna tells it Jessica was one of the first fighters at the camp in the same weight class to stick up for her when she moved from training in Poland to ATT. So there is probably a measure of respect there.

i didnt know that! thats p cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

david carmichael posted:

i think each of you should one by one apologize to vitor

I've always approved of Vitor's steroids, haircuts and being a pervert actually so I won't apologise, I'll encourage him to be himself further still.

I've never paid a penny to the UFC though thanks to 3am PPV

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Why? Thats heavier than former world champion and noted acne cream user, Chad mendes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
TKZ vs Lamas for July 26.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Cyber Dog posted:

i didnt know that! thats p cool

Of course having moved to American Top Team that might mean Joanna has been seduced into taking just as many steroids as Andraste.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

i think the moral handwringing over dudes juicing to cave each other's skulls in should be secondary to the fact that we are paying people to cave each other's skulls in

I feel better if its fair

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Dan Didio posted:

Hell yeah

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dan Didio posted:

Sick

Also I don't know why you guys keep saying genetic passport but Frank Mir is 100% going to go to some shady research facility in China for an illegal crispr treatment that accidentally makes his dick fall off

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
There is no argument against "PED"s that makes any sense. If you're an athlete, ideally, everything that you put into your body is a PED, and to differentiate between a banana and a steroid is retarded. Yes, even if your job is to concuss your opponent

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Nice birthday present

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Isn't that because of false positives? One of the reason cycling was so obviously doped to the gills was that every single test ever was coming up negative, if the tests were legitimate and no one was doping, you would randomly get a false positive and have to retest the sample. That's got nothing to do with the biological passport which, for instance, says your testosterone has been between 600-2100, a bit above normal human range but with enough scope to be realistic your whole life, and if you suddenly start hitting 10000, something fucky is going on, even if you don't test positive for Test roids blood sample wise.

They have to do this because there is a Testosterone that you literally can't catch in someone's blood if you don't test them whilst they are using it that very second and can be flushed very easily out of the system.

the case i mentioned was ruled as a false positive but only because it was deemed that the samples werent handled properly, which opens up the possibility of them being contaminated either accidentally or intentionally. even though its 100000 times more likely that he just took EPO and tested positive for it. so its in the interests of the athletes and the doping bodies to handle samples and testing properly and the biological passport is a big step towards that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Extremely good

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

There is no argument against "PED"s that makes any sense. If you're an athlete, ideally, everything that you put into your body is a PED, and to differentiate between a banana and a steroid is retarded. Yes, even if your job is to concuss your opponent

If youre both doing it, then its back to even.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I ate a steroid before I went to bed last night, Peeled in the Napao way

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Eddie Alvarez' Reebok payout went from $40k to $5k for this fight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

I ate a steroid before I went to bed last night, Peeled in the Napao way

how's your performance feeling today?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Nierbo posted:

If youre both doing it, then its back to even.

Agreed, here's to freedom :cheers:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
from what i've seen personally long term steroid use can have pretty rough effects on guys health. a couple guys on my wrestling team in college that were abusing steroids went on to have severe heart issues or other weird poo poo. i don't really know poo poo about it tho so maybe there were a lot of other factors like how they were cycling or maybe they were taking bull steroids or something

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

how's your performance feeling today?

Good from the bananas I injected in my rear end

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

from what i've seen personally long term steroid use can have pretty rough effects on guys health. a couple guys on my wrestling team in college that were abusing steroids went on to have severe heart issues or other weird poo poo. i don't really know poo poo about it tho so maybe there were a lot of other factors like how they were cycling or maybe they were taking bull steroids or something

Well, yeah, but that's a personal choice

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

yikes

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Well, yeah, but that's a personal choice

fair enough but sometimes you gotta protect athletes from their own bad choices since they have so much incentive to make them

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

No worries he's getting that Reebok $

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Its so retarded that I have to eat food to survive but its completely optional to take steroids

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thats cool that you think so, in the real world though steroids are illegal

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Skip My Posts posted:

Current gen steroids are more healthier (like they're not good for you but the weight cuts are probably causing more long term damage) and in general it's kind of just the price you pay. Like a successful MMA career is going to give you two bum knees, a bad back, and possible CTE so idk why we all act horrified by adding semi-functional balls and a bowling ball head to that list.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Current gen steroids are more healthier (like they're not good for you but the weight cuts are probably causing more long term damage) and in general it's kind of just the price you pay. Like a successful MMA career is going to give you two bum knees, a bad back, and possible CTE so idk why we all act horrified by adding semi-functional balls and a bowling ball head to that list.

Roofers , also

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Re: steroids I believe the playing field should be leveled through them being banned instead of being universally accepted because I do not believe steroid use/abuse should be absolutely requisite to compete at the highest levels of a sport. I understand factors like cycling and usage amount play into how bad they are for you, and I also understand this is a sport that is inherently bad for your long term health, but I think if people make a choice to risk living with long term brain damage, it should also not come with the caveat of your balls not working, your heart being 3x the healthy size and your tendons being slim jims or whatever.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

manyak posted:

Thats cool that you think so, in the real world though steroids are illegal

So?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome.... to Nootropic Park

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

So everyone whose opinion matters thinks steroids should be illegal in MMA and the "whats the difference between steroids and a banana really" argument is lame

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

manyak posted:

So everyone whose opinion matters thinks steroids should be illegal in MMA and the "whats the difference between steroids and a banana really" argument is lame

I don't think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

some pro cyclists from the 70s and 80s died from cancer which was found to be a probable result of epo abuse, and there was a famous case of a guy in the 60s called Tom Simpson who keeled over and died mid race because of a combination of competing on amphetamines and high summer heat. there are also cases of botched blood transfusions making athletes critically ill, athletes who have underwent "ozone therapy" which is dangerous and has no actual benefit etc. so to argue that theres no reason to test for peds in sport is insane. frankly there is no safe way to take banned peds that are a) controlled and must be obtained illegally b) untested and c) not administered by a health professional

• Locked thread