Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
there was a guy at the gym i used to lift at who was a pro bodybuilder and he added a drug to his postcycle that was supposed to help your balls recover better but it turns out one of the side effects is that you start developing more melanoblasts so you start turning a weird yellowish brown and eventually get skin cancer. and he was absolutely willing to do it to reduce steroid-induced ball tinyness by 3% or whatever.

i think if you want a level playing field a PED ban is better than "let everyone do whatever" because with the latter guys will absolutely use poo poo with clearly documented horrible side effects so they can be really good right now. even in the non-hitting-people sports this is still true (as inri has been relating with cycling) and frankly i dont want to see somebody's balls become a sentient and separate entity and eat their whole body so that the world record on the 100m becomes .01 seconds faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Stop trying so hard to troll, it's really loving dumb. You're really loving dumb.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pearnicious posted:

Stop trying so hard to troll, it's really loving dumb. You're really loving dumb.

Aren't you the weird weed poster

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

there was a guy at the gym i used to lift at who was a pro bodybuilder and he added a drug to his postcycle that was supposed to help your balls recover better but it turns out one of the side effects is that you start developing more melanoblasts so you start turning a weird yellowish brown and eventually get skin cancer. and he was absolutely willing to do it to reduce steroid-induced ball tinyness by 3% or whatever.

i think if you want a level playing field a PED ban is better than "let everyone do whatever" because with the latter guys will absolutely use poo poo with clearly documented horrible side effects so they can be really good right now. even in the non-hitting-people sports this is still true (as inri has been relating with cycling) and frankly i dont want to see somebody's balls become a sentient and separate entity and eat their whole body so that the world record on the 100m becomes .01 seconds faster.

Mr T ate my balls lol

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Google Butt posted:

Aren't you the weird weed poster

Yeah, and? Are we not in agreement that LWB is either touched in the head or a really bad troll? (Both?)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

Mr T ate my balls lol

i pity the fool whose balls dont have the size and density of birdshot

Pearnicious posted:

Yeah, and? Are we not in agreement that LWB is either touched in the head or a really bad troll? (Both?)

why do we constantly have to devolve into this high school rear end who-hates-who-more poo poo? make fun of the dumb posts and don't make it so personal with the poster.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What's the one drug cyclists were taking that turned their bodies into the bus from speed.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

cis autodrag posted:

why do we constantly have to devolve into this high school rear end who-hates-who-more poo poo? make fun of the dumb posts and don't make it so personal with the poster.

I just wanted to call out LWB for being a dumbfuck, no idea why weed was even brought up. It's not relevant here at all.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

What's the one drug cyclists were taking that turned their bodies into the bus from speed.

epo

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

rockhold v mousasi would b an incredibly handsome fight and i wanna seee it

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

Thats cool that you think so, in the real world though steroids are illegal

Many PEDs aren't illegal

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

it was because they had so many red blood cells that it increased their blood's viscosity beyond what your resting heart rate can pump, right? that's kind of cool in the perverse mad science sort of way.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Like in glorious Canadar tren is schedule 4. Get up on it

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

Well why does waffle come in here with dumb poo poo opinions on subjects he has no knowledge in? Don't put that on other people.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

Like in glorious Canadar tren is schedule 4. Get up on it

Weeds legal in my state of WA, RUS

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

it was because they had so many red blood cells that it increased their blood's viscosity beyond what your resting heart rate can pump, right? that's kind of cool in the perverse mad science sort of way.

supposedly .. this was around the time that the harmful side effects were becoming known in the medical community so i think it was more a superstitious overreaction than athletes being in any real danger though. epo is used in every sport including MMA even to this day

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

david carmichael posted:

Many PEDs aren't illegal

Oh yeah i meant illegal to use in MMA. You can do whatever you want otherwise imo

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather fighters not do steroids and not cut weight. Both would be immensely beneficial for their health. Ultimately I just want to watch good fights, and cancelling fights is worse for the sport [fans] than roids or weight cuts or whatever.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
You have to give guys like Vitor and Dan Henderson credit for still fighting in the USADA era.
They openly have ball problems and only fight without TUEs for the sake of tiny-balled pride, and to honour the memory of their ballsack's former glory.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

I'd rather fighters not do steroids and not cut weight. Both would be immensely beneficial for their health. Ultimately I just want to watch good fights, and cancelling fights is worse for the sport [fans] than roids or weight cuts or whatever.

Cancelling fights of guys that are cheating is good for the sport

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/cody_nolove/status/863124745935405056

Well that doesn't sound good for the fight staying together in July.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Hope its just cupping :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so basically pay fighters a lot money to do a fuckton of steroids and frequent heart transplants.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Digital Jedi posted:

https://twitter.com/cody_nolove/status/863124745935405056

Well that doesn't sound good for the fight staying together in July.

Probably that PRP therapy that Kobe/Dana both used.

Nifft fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 12, 2017

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nierbo posted:

Hope its just cupping :(

If he's flying through Berlin I am confident Cody will be doing lots of cupping, but I am not sure what that has to do with his back.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/12/15632842/ufc-supports-proposed-csac-weight-cutting-plan-including-addition-of-weight-classes

quote:

Perhaps the most divisive point is the adoption of additional weight classes at 165, 175, 195 and 225 pounds. The UFC, though, seems on board with the change, per Novitzky’s letter.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

coconono posted:

so basically pay fighters a lot money to do a fuckton of steroids and frequent heart transplants.

Do a mandatory seminar on supplements, focusing on ball enhancement. Traditionally, PEDs tend to harm your balls instead of protecting them and enhancing them.
You need to paint a picture for them of a future where they fight with better balls thanks to science. It could be a world of freak athletes with super balls.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skip My Posts posted:

sounds like rockhold wants to fight mousasi

I am completely for this fight.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It doesn't specify dropping 170 but that would be the only possible result. Having 155/165/175 would be great; there's more than enough talent for an additional division, and lots of fighters who are borderline due to the 15-pound gaps would have easier cuts and/or competition more their size. On the other hand, I'm dubious about adding 1-2 more divisions between 175 and heavyweight given the dire situation at 205. Sadly from a policy perspective it's logical; there are fighters making massive cuts to each 185 and 205, so something would need to be done. Maybe have it go 175/190/210? The respective 15 and 20 pound gaps would now be at a (slightly) higher weight, thus (slightly) reducing the incentive to do huge cuts. I can't think of any current heavies that would try to make 210 if it was added.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Summer Kickoff presser is live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJEA7xaPI4

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

"I eat my poo poo whole." – Michael Johnson

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lmao conor just tryin to be like kevin lee

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

this presser owns

red19fire
May 26, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

yeah, his name is Shao Khan

Or a nod from Al Swearengen.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
JDS weighed in at 245... Heavier than usual...

And people often forget he had a torn ACL in the first stipe fight, had surgery straight after. It makes sense because his movement was really bad and he gutted it out anyway. He should win this weekend....

diesiel fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 12, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
To defeat Ronda, you must become Ronda.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
can sean shelby and 2 mongoloid lookin dudes stop dc and jon jones from brawling?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

2 mongoloid lookin dudes

Disrespectful way to address Dana White.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

Disrespectful way to address Dana White.

didnt they say dana was supposed to host this thing? he's probably off dealin with conor stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I didn't even know this was happening, haha. I don't know. Probably. Maybe. Who knows.

• Locked thread