Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Man, they really avoid Athens, Miami, and Happy Valley like the plague.

All places where I wouldn't mind a plague hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Miami's not on campus and hasn't been good in ages, and Penn State is in the middle of absolute nowhere.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

Kirk has kids so

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

DJExile posted:

Miami's not on campus and hasn't been good in ages, and Penn State is in the middle of absolute nowhere.

The Happy Valley excuse doesn't fly at all when you consider they've been to Blacksburg more.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

Someone spent the time researching, and was paid to do so, to see if a football coach took his clothes off and mounted a shark.

We live in the most wondrous time.

This really has been the best off-season in a long time. No depressing program-wide scandals (knock on wood), just good old imposter coach shark humping.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Chieves posted:

No depressing program-wide scandals (knock on wood)

We're working on it.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Crotch Bat posted:

Who actually wants to go to State College?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mr. World posted:

Who actually wants to go to State College?

Not children.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Some poor widdle Tennessee recruit got shook on his official visit to Columbia when we beat UT last year:

quote:

Calbert said game day started with South Carolina coaches and players telling the recruits they were going to beat Tennessee that night.

“I was in the locker room, because Coach Muschamp said we’re not going to feed you any bull crap, what you see is what it is,” Calbert said. “I wasn’t scared in the sense for my life, but I was scared because there were a lot of things going on in that locker room, nothing illegal, just words being used, ‘We’re going to kill Tennessee.’

“Really, it was like a riot; it was, who was hungry enough to come out and take somebody’s head off, like literally, like they really wanted to kill Tennessee, like slaughter everybody,” Calbert said. “It was a savage mentality.”

:unsmigghh:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

The Happy Valley excuse doesn't fly at all when you consider they've been to Blacksburg more.

I'm not sure what this is about but Penn St. doesn't deserve poo poo so I'm happy with it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

RumbleFish posted:

Some poor widdle Tennessee recruit got shook on his official visit to Columbia when we beat UT last year:

Meanwhile in Tennessee's locker room Butch tells everybody that they already won because they were born special

Life champs

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Anals of History posted:

We're working on it.

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/LSJGreenWhite/status/863408625276125185

quote:

It was most evident during cross-examination of Denhollander, when Shannon Smith, one of Nassar’s attorneys, asked if she got better after seeing Nassar. When Denhollander said the stretching exercises did help, but the digital vaginal and anal penetration and the massage of her breast did not, Smith pressed her on how she could know what helped.

“The treatment you had, that included manual manipulations (and) exercises that you did at home, there is no way for you to know exactly which part of those treatments made what difference to you,” Smith said. “Is that correct?”

Denhollander quickly answered no, and added that physical therapy after Nassar that did not include penetration worked as well if not better.

jesus christ

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

And UGAs whole 2017 recruiting thing was Savages want to play with other Savages so there's that

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

State College isn't even the middle of nowhere. Nowhere in the mid Atlantic is far enough from anything to be that.

The actual reason is because there's no opponent worth going for. It's either because of Ohio State or Michigan, which for the longest time was every other year. None of the out of conference opponents is good enough and even when they are, Penn State wasn't very good. For most of the Gameday history, you might see a useful opportunity once every four years.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 14, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jim Delany is getting $20 million in bonuses

nope, can't find anything to pay players with

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Sash! posted:

State College isn't even the middle of nowhere. Nowhere in the mid Atlantic is far enough from anything to be that.

The actual reason is because there's no opponent worth going for. It's either because of Ohio State or Michigan, which for the longest time was every other year. None of the out of conference opponents is good enough and even when they are, Penn State wasn't very good. For most of the Gameday history, you might see a useful opportunity once every four years.
Just because you're "only" 4 hours from NYC doesn't mean you aren't in the loving boonies.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Just because you're "only" 4 hours from NYC doesn't mean you aren't in the loving boonies.

Last fall, I had to go to a wedding in Vidalia GA. The closest place I could fly into was Jacksonville and drive up. At Brunswick, I declined to stop for something to eat, which turned out to be a mistake because I didn't see anything until Vidalia. Except a prison and lots of onion farms. Later, we drove to Macon and I'm not even sure there was a gas station that whole drive. That's the middle of nowhere. Nothing in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia is like that. You're always either in some town or in eye shot of somewhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sash! posted:

Last fall, I had to go to a wedding in Vidalia GA. The closest place I could fly into was Jacksonville and drive up. At Brunswick, I declined to stop for something to eat, which turned out to be a mistake because I didn't see anything until Vidalia. Except a prison and lots of onion farms. Later, we drove to Macon and I'm not even sure there was a gas station that whole drive. That's the middle of nowhere. Nothing in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia is like that. You're always either in some town or in eye shot of somewhere.

I've made that drive and it's horrible.

lol as bad as it is it's nowhere near as bad as Montgomery to New Orleans.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I enjoy the countryside and the hills in central PA it's really pretty country through there. It does suck being relatively far from a major city though.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

FizFashizzle posted:

I've made that drive and it's horrible.

lol as bad as it is it's nowhere near as bad as Montgomery to New Orleans.

Macon to Savannah or Birmingham to New Orleans (through Meridian, MS and south) are both worse.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There is no good way to get in or out of savannah.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

There is fuckall to see in Southwest Alabama that isn't Mobile. It's a lonely area.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Nevada and Wyoming think you guys are cute.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Warbird posted:

There is fuckall to see in Southwest Alabama that isn't Mobile. It's a lonely area.

And honestly, you should only get a fleeting glimpse of Mobile, as you SHOULD be on your way to New Orleans.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jordanis posted:

Nevada and Wyoming think you guys are cute.

Yeah, I traveled around Arizona and New Mexico a couple years back. It's totally different, like so wide open it feels suffocating.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
UVA's future OOC schedule: Liberty, William & Mary, ODU.

4 in-state schools in a year. What a monster schedule.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

UVA too scared to face JMU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Scarf posted:

And honestly, you should only get a fleeting glimpse of Mobile, as you SHOULD be on your way to New Orleans.

Not if you're on I-10 waiting in line to get in that godforsaken tunnel.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Crotch Bat posted:

Confident that we will split these

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ungratek posted:

Confident that we will split these

I'd say so. It's dangerously close to best case.

In full disclosure, VT actually plays 3 in-state schools in 2018 like UVA does (UVA plays 4 in 2019) but those are the result of deals done long ago under people long since absent from the school. I doubt you'll see VT sign up for more than one other in-state here and there under Babcock and Fuente.

It's clear why UVA is doing this and I can't blame them for trying to win first and fill seats/expectations later but it's still cheesy and lame. NCSU did that garbage, too, I think they had 2 years in a row with 2 FCS schools as well as a bunch of other bad teams.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Scarf posted:

Mardi Gras started in Mobile so I shall go to Mobike thankyouverymuch.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

Jim Delany is getting $20 million in bonuses

nope, can't find anything to pay players with

Gotta starve that beast.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd say so. It's dangerously close to best case.

In full disclosure, VT actually plays 3 in-state schools in 2018 like UVA does (UVA plays 4 in 2019) but those are the result of deals done long ago under people long since absent from the school. I doubt you'll see VT sign up for more than one other in-state here and there under Babcock and Fuente.

It's clear why UVA is doing this and I can't blame them for trying to win first and fill seats/expectations later but it's still cheesy and lame. NCSU did that garbage, too, I think they had 2 years in a row with 2 FCS schools as well as a bunch of other bad teams.

They aren't gonna improve their win total continuing to play real football schools so might as well go for the dregs. Then the portion of their fanbase that thinks every year is the year they beat us will get louder and sadder.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They aren't gonna improve their win total continuing to play real football schools so might as well go for the dregs. Then the portion of their fanbase that thinks every year is the year they beat us will get louder and sadder.

When this happens, the year that they do pull the upset is going to be terrible and they will never let you live it down :smith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7kwB9nkA8&t=179s

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

The Notorious ZSB posted:

There is a UVA football fan base?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZvrjFi31wk

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

This is clearly championship level piss.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

KKKLIP ART posted:

When this happens, the year that they do pull the upset is going to be terrible and they will never let you live it down :smith:

As a VT grad marrying into a family with a lot of UVA grads, but thankfully none are her immediate family, this is my fear. I may skip her family's Christmas when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I do have to admit that the Texas / ND game was super rad to watch and before we knew that both teams were hot garbage.

• Locked thread