Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Apparently TJ Dillashaw wants to fight Demetrious Johnson if the Cody fight is off. that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Tj loving owns

Bubba Smith posted:

Apparently TJ Dillashaw wants to fight Demetrious Johnson if the Cody fight is off. that's cool.

And this would be amazing

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
sources:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/863197234690740226

https://twitter.com/anezbitt/status/863196434522308608

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Make it for an interim 135 belt, why the gently caress not.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm assuming MM vs TJ be a 135 title eliminator? Or has TJ shown interest in 125 before?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat that fight would own

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The Duck of Death posted:

The TJ/Cody fight has already been cancelled :lol:

What the gently caress

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones posted:

“So, I’m sitting here, and I see him. Like, I see him. He’s over there. But is he really going to be in Anaheim?” Cormier said. “Is this guy really going to go to the fight? Is this guy going to mess this up again by doing steroids or snorting cocaine or sandblasting prostitutes. What’s this guy going to do to mess this up this time?”

“Prostitutes? I beat you after a weekend of cocaine,” Jones shot back.

“And prostitutes,” replied Cormier.

“I had two great weekends,” answered Jones. “Back-to-back weekends. Cocaine one, your rear end the next. It was great. That’s a month for the ages.”

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

Cancelling fights of guys that are cheating is good for the sport

Obviously you've never attended an event or purchased a PPV.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

chaleski posted:

I'm assuming MM vs TJ be a 135 title eliminator? Or has TJ shown interest in 125 before?

Dana clarified: TJ would be dropping to 125 to fight Mighty Mouse for the belt.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tesilential posted:

DUhhhhh buhhhh

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tesilential posted:

You're as big an idiot as Jon Jones.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Doo Ho Choi is fighitng Andre Fili on the DC vs Jones 2 card. ok

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

handsome only face posted:

Doo Ho Choi is fighitng Andre Fili on the DC vs Jones 2 card. ok

That strikes me as a tune up fight for Choi.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

he should be the favorite for sure but fili's roughly in his league and a good fight.

i forgot tkz was back and murdered dennis bermudez. what's he doing next?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ditch posted:

It doesn't specify dropping 170 but that would be the only possible result. Having 155/165/175 would be great; there's more than enough talent for an additional division, and lots of fighters who are borderline due to the 15-pound gaps would have easier cuts and/or competition more their size. On the other hand, I'm dubious about adding 1-2 more divisions between 175 and heavyweight given the dire situation at 205. Sadly from a policy perspective it's logical; there are fighters making massive cuts to each 185 and 205, so something would need to be done. Maybe have it go 175/190/210? The respective 15 and 20 pound gaps would now be at a (slightly) higher weight, thus (slightly) reducing the incentive to do huge cuts. I can't think of any current heavies that would try to make 210 if it was added.

If you're banning weight cuts, 125/135/145/155/165/175/190/heavy is the only logical thing. The current bottom end of HW is guys around ~230 right now, it's not like Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman would be dwarfed by them, and everyone who's actually any good at LHW would be competitive at HW. If you put in a 205 class and reduced weight cutting you'd lose a few guys from LHW and still have a divisions as shallow as the current one, if you put in a division at 225 or so guys like JDS and Stipe could cut down to it and then HW would be completely useless.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Marching Powder posted:

he should be the favorite for sure but fili's roughly in his league and a good fight.

i forgot tkz was back and murdered dennis bermudez. what's he doing next?

Vs Lamas on the same card

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Work Friend Keven posted:

ITs a massive invasion of privacy that lets them retroactively punish you years later for whatever dumb crap they want & it's just incredibly humiliating as a human being haha.

many pages ago but this isn't how retroactivity and the law works. Retroactivity is about changing after the fact the law that applied at that time.

If the fact you murdered someone and hid them in your crawlspace doesn't come out until a decade later it's not somehow retroactive to prosecute you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol that's a surprisingly deep pull

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm always sandblasting prostitutes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

lol that's a surprisingly deep pull

It's been in the news, for obvious reasons.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

We're overdue for another Korean card

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

I like the idea of him beating Fiil's rear end.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Motorboating that rear end.

Apparently Jones and Cormier are the main event of 214, but Manuwa is being kept on standby.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

So DC-Manuwa at 214, got it

also lol at Jones being in a main event after Dana swore that it would never happen again

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Jon Jones is so good

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Neurosis posted:

many pages ago but this isn't how retroactivity and the law works. Retroactivity is about changing after the fact the law that applied at that time.

If the fact you murdered someone and hid them in your crawlspace doesn't come out until a decade later it's not somehow retroactive to prosecute you.

WEll sure, since murder is such a major crime that theres no statute of limitations for it. I don't feel that doing big time steroids falls into the same category. But if you disagree, hell, that;s fine. I'll just put you on ignore and move on.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jon Jones is so good

He is the best.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bubba Smith posted:

Dana clarified: TJ would be dropping to 125 to fight Mighty Mouse for the belt.

On one hand it's not like Mighty Mouse has anyone left to fight. On the other with so many fighters having weight cutting issues TJ dropping ten pounds while being a tiny man seems like a recipe for a weight cut mishap.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

WEll sure, since murder is such a major crime that theres no statute of limitations for it. I don't feel that doing big time steroids falls into the same category. But if you disagree, hell, that;s fine. I'll just put you on ignore and move on.

I mean I think in the context of a sport particularly one involving beating the poo poo out of your opponent ped cheating is a big deal but I acknowledge some limitation period is desirable for suspensions - though fight results should be subject to being overturned whatever the time since. Given the limited window of a fighter's career, maybe 3 years since the fight? Something like that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBNx7_TlNhE

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.reddit.com/r/mma/comments/6aux1a
Someone just straight up catalogued all of Cody's homoerotic moments.

Hanging with the boiiiissss

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TJ isn't that much bigger than DJ and the dude is pretty yolked. I imagine if he dropped some of that muscle he could make the weight quite easily. loving cool as hell fight tbh. If it comes off I'd be hype as hell.

I think in the next 5 years or so we'll see more weight classes and titles and see a bunch of different fights put on. Having a 195 and a 165 could lead to some cool stuff. One of my mates who competes in One FC was talking about how their weight classes and cutting works and he says there has been talk of putting in some more classes to build super fights.

Could lead to stuff like Nate at 165 against Wonderboy or whatever.

I know the whole "dilution" aspect would give some people some pause, but it would help stop the interim issue and build some super fights.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
There are way too many lightweights. There are a lot of advantages to creating a new divisional ladder and the only disadvantages that I can see involve temporary growing pains and a pretty big shock to the system. It's a move they're gonna want to do sooner or later

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

There are way too many lightweights.

How do you figure?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

How do you figure?

the number of them

edit: it's high

to further clarify there are way more light and welter weights in the ufc than any other division. i don't remember the number

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 13, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
There's too many lightweights because there's way more than six of them. Some of these lightweights like TJ Dillashaw should cut to 115.
Anything's better than adding w125, because you can't even name more than six of those.

e; to further clarify, there are a lot of advantages to creating a new divisional ladder and the only disadvantages that i can see involve women fighting at 125 in the UFC

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 13, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

canoshiz posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mma/comments/6aux1a
Someone just straight up catalogued all of Cody's homoerotic moments.

Hanging with the boiiiissss

https://streamable.com/85j2w

Fight IQ vs Actual IQ

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

to further clarify there are way more light and welter weights in the ufc than any other division.

Why do you think that is, Gay Horney?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how good Christian Jon Jones uses DCs kids in an insult war.

God is good.

• Locked thread