Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
quarterly reminder that every manager says they're going to a committee but never actually do and it's just a way to ease the closer they want in and remove him without drama if he sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Out of curiosity. What are the odds k rod returns as a closer? I had him before, already picked up replacement and kinda want the extra slot to stream/find another closer (maybe dbacks? Bradley?)

His demise reminds me of Jose Valverde's. The Tigers don't have a good bullpen and them doing this is because they've exhausted all other options/attempts to retain him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I dropped Harvey for Eickhoff yesterday.

lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I finally cut Jackie Bradley Jr. and a quick look up at the draft results showed that I could have easily had Benintendi instead

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Today was good for streaming, unless you chose Bartolo Colon or Jharel Cotton.

In one league, all 8 of the pitchers I played made an appearance (4 SP, 4 RP) and only two, maybe three got drafted in most leagues, and even then, outside the first dozen rounds or so. Andrew Miller, Raisel Iglesias, Julio Urias

Final line:
31 IP, 2 W, 2 SV, 21 K, 1.16 ERA, 0.77 WHIP.
Two SP left with leads that the bullpen lost.

Final analysis: gently caress drafting SP

Doltos posted:

I finally cut Jackie Bradley Jr. and a quick look up at the draft results showed that I could have easily had Benintendi instead

Looking back at the draft for me tends to be depressing.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
C: Posey
1B: Hanley
2B: Kinsler
SS: B. Miller
3B: Castellanos
OF: Cruz, CarGo, Thames, Trumbo
U: Hosmer
BN: Schoop
DL: Beltre, JD Martinez

SP: Kershaw, Lackey, Pineda, Urias, Samardzija, Wood, Andriese
RP: Oh, Osuna, Ramos, A. Miller
DL: Bumgarner

12 team 5x5 H2H, standard categories.

I'm the guy who went pitcher pitcher in the first two rounds when I should have taken a shortstop. Now I'm about to have a logjam in my outfield with JD Martinez returning soon. I've been throwing out trade offers of Thames for most of the better shortstops but no one's biting. I'm thinking about dropping Schoop so I can bench CarGo for the time being. I could also drop Andriese but I prefer to stack my bench with pitchers. What would you guys do here?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Giants has a save opp and it was Law who (very shakily) converted it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I realized too late that I forgot to confirm Cano was actually playing today but hey, looks like that one worked out well.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

I realized too late that I forgot to confirm Cano was actually playing today but hey, looks like that one worked out well.

Same, I actually benched him in one of my leagues and missed out, the other one though oh boy needed that offense.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Sat Kyle Hendricks in 3 leagues because of Coors and he pitched real well, tho he took the L. Who even knows anymore with pitchers.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I knew Kenta Maeda could do some unreal things, but this is a new one

code:
PITCHERS	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	
K Maeda		0.0	8	0	0	0	12	0

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
I have a 7.56 ERA and 1.8 WHIP so far this week and I am winning both categories.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moneyball posted:

I knew Kenta Maeda could do some unreal things, but this is a new one

code:
PITCHERS	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	
K Maeda		0.0	8	0	0	0	12	0

He is so weird this year. He's missing bats and striking out a ton of dudes and then giving up fluke dingers. His cutter is nice.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Some good streaming options for tomorrow, for those of you with next day roster moves. They might not be available, but it's possible.

Miguel Gonalez vs SD
Patrick Corbin vs PIT
Chris Tillman @ KC
Scott Feldman @ SF

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Even with Maeda's 8.1 IP 2.16 ERA performance, I finished with a 9.00 ERA in 10IP thanks to Benoit and Familia's disasters.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dumped Devon Travis so expect him to turn it around .

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

What are the chances that Alex Bregman or Dee Gordon get SS eligibility on Yahoo by the ASB?

I'm in a league where some dick drafted and picked up almost every SS (literally a team of 23 SS) so no good SS are available and the owners that did manage to get one aren't selling. I have Gordon, and just traded Longoria for Bregman on the off chance he picks it up.

Gordon just started one game at SS, while Bregman is at 6 games played remaining and 2 starts remaining.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Moneyball posted:

I'm in a league where some dick drafted and picked up almost every SS (literally a team of 23 SS)

Lol nice league

Edit: serious note, isn't adeny hechevarria on the DL? gordon actually might play SS a bunch right?

Doghouse fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 11, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

What are the chances that Alex Bregman or Dee Gordon get SS eligibility on Yahoo by the ASB?

I'm in a league where some dick drafted and picked up almost every SS (literally a team of 23 SS) so no good SS are available and the owners that did manage to get one aren't selling. I have Gordon, and just traded Longoria for Bregman on the off chance he picks it up.

Gordon just started one game at SS, while Bregman is at 6 games played remaining and 2 starts remaining.

Is this some random public league? Why hasn't the commissioner stepped in?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah, it's just a rando public league so I guess it doesn't matter, but it's otherwise alright.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Speaking of Bregman, is he worth using my top waiver priority on? I'm not really saving it for anything, but we have daily waivers and I just haven't been making any moves. I'd probably be dropping Moustakas or Castellanos.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Grab Addison Reed before someone else does

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I already have him because every guy I pick up for holds inexplicably becomes a closer.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

Grab Addison Reed before someone else does

:toot:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Gausman or Reed?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Guy in one league wants Villar. I proposed Villar+Realmuto for Springer+Shark/Cahill.

He said it's not enough for Springer, countered my Villar+Myers+somebody for Santana+C. Seager+Shark.

I have Posey at catcher, so Realmuto is definitely dealable for me.

If I can get

my Villar/Myers/Realmuto

for

his Santana/C. Seager/Shark

do you think that's good value? I'm pretty high on Myers, but not sure about Villar at this point (and I think Seager is a straight upgrade there.) This is 12-tm H2H. If Taillon doesn't come back this season, having Shark would definitely help my rotation.

EDIT: Writing that out made me realize that yeah I want to make this deal work, thanks forum!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 12, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anybody needing a Catcher should consider James McCann. He seems to be figuring out the whole hitting thing.

Him and Avila are taking turns raking.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Any chance Desmond adds SS eligibility while Story is out? He is in LF tonight but I'm just praying

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/863131174398504960

I dropped Bedrosian, shuffled my DL around, and added Knebel in one league earlier today after taking another look at Feliz' stats, so I feel pretty smart right now.

Knebel has a 14.50 K/9 so far this year and may very well just run away with the job.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I also feel smart, grabbed him two days ago :agesilaus:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh also going back to my previous post

Myers/Villar/Kemp for C. Seager/Shark, reasonable? 12-tm H2H. I have Travis Shaw to take over 1B.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 13, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Goddamn, Bellinger.

#1 player of the last two weeks. That's a pretty good entrance!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Moneyball posted:

Thanks Yahoo for dragging rear end in putting Britton on the DL even though it had been announced. Refreshed over the span of a few hours waiting to DL him and pick up Bellinger. 17 minutes too late.

He was right there...

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I got Bellinger, Gallo and Zimmerman off waivers. My offense is awesome. I went into the season with Byung Ho Park as my starting 1B since I missed out on the top tier guys and figured it would be better to get someone off waivers than overpay for mid tier guys like Abreu/Agonz/Pujols. so far it's worked out pretty well.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

I got Bellinger, Gallo and Zimmerman off waivers. My offense is awesome. I went into the season with Byung Ho Park as my starting 1B since I missed out on the top tier guys and figured it would be better to get someone off waivers than overpay for mid tier guys like Abreu/Agonz/Pujols. so far it's worked out pretty well.

Nice. Zimmerman has been godlike so far. I wish I owned any shares of him.

This team has Bellinger, Gallo, Castro, and Mark Reynolds from waivers. Pretty happy with that. (We won't mention that I drafted Thames and dropped him. No, let's not mention that...)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Someone dropped zobrist in my league. Right now I have

2B: Castro, Murphy, odor
Of: Betts, Hamilton, conforto, bellinger, JBJ

Do I drop JBJ for zobrist? They're both players that I think will bounce back.

If not JBJ I'd probably drop one of my back-end pitchers (griffin or Miley or Hahn I guess). I'm struggling with that because my 2b/of seem really good and my rotation kind of sucks.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Early in the week, I had a surplus of closers, and was trying to pry McCullers from a dude. Now, both Melancon and Familia went down (with Bedrosian still on the DL), and I am trying to get Jansen off another person.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

pick up berrios

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

pick up berrios

Even though I was burned last year, I came back and am happy that I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

pick up berrios

I wanted to earlier this week but every single stupid pundit was saying he wasn't getting promoted. :argh:

• Locked thread