Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I will never be able to forgive it for being the reason there was no Netflix season 2 of terriers.

Terriers didn't get a second season because about seven people watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I will never be able to forgive it for being the reason there was no Netflix season 2 of terriers.

I loving loved Terriers, but I wonder how much of that is specifically because it had a story to tell, it told it splendidly, and then it got the gently caress out. I don't know if I would be down for the continuing run of "Recovering Alcoholic and Shifty Ex-Thief are too small to fail, succeed by pure gumption".

Donal Logue really did a phenomenal job on that show though, he had just the right mix of dry wit and scruffy hobo look to pull that sort of burnout character off.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

tweet my meat posted:

I really can't recommend Agents of SHIELD enough. It's really grim in the first few episodes, but it's an absolute treat from the back half of season 1 onwards, and it really keeps up the pace with exciting plotlines. Just about all the characters are interesting as well with good arcs, even the ones that were lame in the beginning.

GonSmithe posted:

I can't recommend not watching Agents of SHIELD enough. It's not a treat at all and is a steaming pile of dogshit through and throughout.

Most of season 1 is a slog to get through, until they tie it into Winter Soldier. After that, it becomes an incredibly fun show to watch, with interesting storylines and characters you really grow to love. Then they make the mistake of writing off the two best characters on the show for a spinoff than never aired. It was still watchable, until the back half of the current season, which is just awful awful awful and I'm ready to give up on the show.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

XenJ posted:

absolutely right. Logan is a perfect movie for me. The acting is great same as the story. And Patrick Stewart is epic.

An must seen movie. But It's a movie not a show.

If only the post I was responding to was about Marvel's IP largely being made into weak-rear end, nobody-dies PG-13 punch-pulling movies. If I felt like responding regarding television, I would have brought up Legion instead.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

Then they make the mistake of writing off the two best characters on the show for a spinoff than never aired.

Who was this?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Who was this?

Bobbi and Hunter were written off the show to give them their own spinoff called Marvel's Most Wanted, that ultimately wasn't even picked up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Who was this?

Adrienne Palicki's and Nick Blood's characters were introduced in the second season to set up Marvel's Most Wanted, but ABC hated the pilot and decided not to order it to series. I think I remember reading that the producers were going for a "Marvel meets Mr. & Mrs. Smith" vibe but it just didn't work on any level.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

Most of season 1 is a slog to get through, until they tie it into Winter Soldier. After that, it becomes an incredibly fun show to watch, with interesting storylines and characters you really grow to love. Then they make the mistake of writing off the two best characters on the show for a spinoff than never aired. It was still watchable, until the back half of the current season, which is just awful awful awful and I'm ready to give up on the show.

I don't understand this. Mallory Jansen has been wonderful and they handled the "Hydra-run world" concept way better than the actual comics have managed.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't understand this. Mallory Jansen has been wonderful and they handled the "Hydra-run world" concept way better than the actual comics have managed.

An imaginary, digital alternate universe where nothing that happens there affects the real world? I have a hard time feeling invested in what's happening there.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nihonniboku posted:

An imaginary, digital alternate universe where nothing that happens there affects the real world? I have a hard time feeling invested in what's happening there.
It sure seems to have affected Fitz, Aida, Mace, and indirectly Yo-Yo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
All films and TV shows are imaginary alternate universes where nothing that happens affects the real world.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
If you don't enjoy someone using the laser shield in their robot hand to cut off the face of a Russian Android that's being controlled by a head-in-a-jar then SHIELD may not be the show for you.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Agents of Shield isn't the best show that I watch (right now that would be Fargo or The Handmaid's Tale), but it's the one I queue up as soon as I can when I get home. Wednesday morning at 7a, Hulu comes on. The others I sometimes just don't want to watch after a lovely shift.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Who else is binging master of none 2 this weekend

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm on season 3 of The Wire. How come no one told me this show was so funny?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Detective No. 27 posted:

Because everyone is too busy remembering how good it was?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

Adrienne Palicki's and Nick Blood's characters were introduced in the second season to set up Marvel's Most Wanted, but ABC hated the pilot and decided not to order it to series. I think I remember reading that the producers were going for a "Marvel meets Mr. & Mrs. Smith" vibe but it just didn't work on any level.

Worked out for the best, though, if it got them off the show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's how I always feel about Mad Men too. Mad Men is a fantastic show that was directed amazingly and written perfectly. It was also goddamn hilarious when it wanted to be.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
I start with Sense8 season 2 today but have realy no memorie whats happend in season 1.

Don' t now if I liked it or not. Better restart watching compleet.... Haha

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Detective No. 27 posted:

What the gently caress did I do?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

GonSmithe posted:

I can't recommend not watching Agents of SHIELD enough. It's not a treat at all and is a steaming pile of dogshit through and throughout.

wrong

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Just checked out Small Crimes on Netflix. A solid, relatively grounded small-town crime thriller along the lines of Blue Ruin and such. A little wonky in parts, but worth checking out.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A MIRACLE posted:

Who else is binging master of none 2 this weekend

I accidentally managed to finish it all last night. My favorite episode was the Thanksgiving one. The season overall was fantastic, although it ended rather suddenly, and I don't know if I really bought the romantic interest of the season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LogisticEarth posted:

Just checked out Small Crimes on Netflix. A solid, relatively grounded small-town crime thriller along the lines of Blue Ruin and such. A little wonky in parts, but worth checking out.

Oh yeah, I really dug that one too. It got middling reviews but I thought it was solid, Coster-Waldau is a treat in it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
On Netflix and god is it silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDHNhPxjsM

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Holy gently caress that's Papa Moon from Old Gregg!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Stake Land 2: Stake HarderThe Stakelander is up on netflix, I just noticed. It wasn't quite as fun as the first one but was still pretty good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thumbnail made me write this off as some Kung Fury garbage but this looks loving hilarious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

XenJ posted:

absolutely right. Logan is a perfect movie for me. The acting is great same as the story. And Patrick Stewart is epic.

An must seen movie. But It's a movie not a show.

I have honestly met people who refuse to watch the newer X-men movies because they really really loving want the rights to revert to Marvel/Disney/Weyland-Yutani

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

veni veni veni posted:

The thumbnail made me write this off as some Kung Fury garbage but this looks loving hilarious.
Yeah I saw the teaser and was like "nope!" but maybe it's smarter than it appears. Netflix hasn't let me down on much - outside of dropping my favorite shows or films with no warning, and for keeping Adam Sandler's career afloat for no discernable reason (although his new thing looks good, I'm just too sick of him to watch. It's not like Ben stiller who ressurected his career - Sandler just gets worse or wastes everyone's time with some bullshit feel-good movie every other time he does anything.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I couldn't even finish Sandy Wexler but the bar is so low with Sandler, I can recognize that the half movie I watched was the best thing he has done in years. It still sucked though.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have honestly met people who refuse to watch the newer X-men movies because they really really loving want the rights to revert to Marvel/Disney/Weyland-Yutani

I can understand that. If we talk about reading comics I was allways more a DC fan but if I have to choose between watching Marvel or DC shows I would always choose Marvel (sorry supergirl 😘). The quallity is much more better in the case if you count shows like daredevil and the others from netflix too, for me are world's between the production quality between Marvel and DC.

By the way I don't think Mr. Mouse faild with Rourge One.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
(RE: Wandy Sexler)

I just can't stand that stupid voice he does. I made it through about half the trailer.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

XenJ posted:

I can understand that.

Please don't

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
So after wachting the 2h intro for Sense8 season 2 now I start to wach the 3 episode and it becomes realy interresting and more action as season 1 for now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

veni veni veni posted:

Julian Barratt can make anything awesome.

XenJ posted:

So after watching the 2h intro for Sense8 season 2 now I start to watch the 3 episode and it becomes really interesting and more action as season 1 for now.

It really does. Season 2 is fantastic.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Nihonniboku posted:

I accidentally managed to finish it all last night. My favorite episode was the Thanksgiving one. The season overall was fantastic, although it ended rather suddenly, and I don't know if I really bought the romantic interest of the season.

Yeah I finished it all, and I absolutely loved it but I don't think I fully understood a couple things. So. very final moment of the final episode spoiler, and some stuff that happened before that too, some stuff didn't actually happen? When she completely rejected him and he woke up. That was all a nightmare or something? But how far back didn't happen? I think his text message is supposed to be a hint as to how far back his nightmare went. But then, the very ending is the same poo poo right? But still I don't know how far back it rewinds the whole thing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

XenJ posted:

So after wachting the 2h intro for Sense8 season 2 now I start to wach the 3 episode and it becomes realy interresting and more action as season 1 for now.

Yeah they re-branded the "Christmas Special" as episode 1 of season 2, which is why it's so different to the rest of season 2 (which is, yes, awesome as season 1)

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Can't stop waching... Is realy interresting.
Thank god is sunday tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo, the season long BBC adaptation of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is on Hulu now. It's very good and mostly spot on to the source material (especially the Guide bits)