Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

the number of them

edit: it's high

to further clarify there are way more light and welter weights in the ufc than any other division. i don't remember the number

It's because there are more people of average size than non average size. Lightweights and welterweights are average sized humans, everyone else isn't, thus, there are fewer of the latter category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cody Garbrandt is the top gun volleyball scene made flesh and that's cool, but he stole the leper's treasure and immediately discovered its curse. Rest in peace

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God it'll be so great if Cormier beats Jones.

:sigh:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Cody Garbrandt is the top gun volleyball scene made flesh

Perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thank you Jon Jones for adhering to USADA by including the requisite homoeroticism in your MMA beef.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Cody Garbrandt is the top gun volleyball scene made flesh and that's cool, but he stole the leper's treasure and immediately discovered its curse. Rest in peace

lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Breaking: Cody Garbrandt

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hey lobster you making the gdt or should we call it open season?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I really want MM to break the record and him fighting TJ makes me too nervous. Dana listen.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
MM beats TJ I ain't worried

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dillashaw has a lot more trouble when he isn't the clearly faster fighter. His wrestling would still be a concern though.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
TJ vs MMMMMDJ would be a really awesome fight to see.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
mighty mouse would make tj look like tj made barao look

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

Hey lobster you making the gdt or should we call it open season?

I did a thing, eehhhhh

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820343

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I can't think of a better way for Demetrious Johnson to break the title defense record than to fight a former bantamweight champion who is still at the top of his game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

MM beats TJ I ain't worried

I agree.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I can't think of a better way for Demetrious Johnson to break the title defense record than to fight a former bantamweight champion who is still at the top of his game.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like Mighty Mouse is worried since he wants to fight some no name instead

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Yoel will destroy Bisping.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bisping will win.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

Yoel will destroy Bisping.

I want to see that fight either way

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Bisping doesn't have the power of God behind him or sweet, sweet Cuban PEDs.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Bisping is gonna annihilate Yoel, sorry

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
The problem with fighting Jon Jones is that either you're the guy who beat up a crackhead, or you're the guy who got beat up by a crackhead. Either way you're not looking good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah it'd be far more exciting and impressive win or lose.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The problem with fighting Jon Jones is that he's really good at fighting imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evobatman posted:

The problem with fighting Jon Jones is that either you're the guy who beat up a crackhead, or you're the guy who got beat up by a crackhead. Either way you're not looking good.

ahem Krazy Horse fights in Rizin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkJLY6er1io

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Soothing Vapors posted:

Bisping is gonna annihilate Yoel, sorry

I can't remember Bisping annihilating anyone ever

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he annihilated rockhold in every sense of the word. hopefully rockhold can recover spiritually and cerebrally from the intense pwnage, i think he will be fine though. since he fights for a living

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Novum posted:

You didn't see the Rockhold fight?

He ended Belcher's career as well.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ne1 rememebr that video of bisping being served by a butler and calmly declaring that he is still a dickhead

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Novum posted:

He rocked Chael so hard in Round 1 that Chael didn't know where he was for a while. He's said multiple times if Bisping knew how bad he hurt him, he could have finished him.

Although it started with cheating, he annihilated mark munoz too.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Rockhold duh, sorry I must be caught in the past

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Didn't Bisping give a savage beating to Dennis Kang? I mean, as far as british beatings go

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

Didn't Bisping give a savage beating to Dennis Kang? I mean, as far as british beatings go

if the uk in general excels at one aspect of fighting its striking. specifically, boxing

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yoel Romero and Dennis Kang are basically on the same level.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The Problem with fighting Jon Jones is either he beats you easily or he beats you easily, either way you lose.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

if the uk in general excels at one aspect of fighting its striking. specifically, boxing

Bisping 100% won the fight versus Kang thanks to his wrestling, though.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The problem with Jon Jones is his peccadilloes keep him from beating as much rear end as he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bubba Smith posted:

He beat up Kang with double legs and ground and pound in the second round, but before that he handily lost the first round when he was dropped by a right hand and controlled on the ground, even giving up mount.

• Locked thread