Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Shinjobi posted:

I saw the Taco one, and I started laughing.

I saw the Denver Broncos one, and my laughter turned to hysterics and I started crying.

A loving +

I thought that the Broncos one featured a dead mutilated horse, it looked that way in the thumbnail.
Maybe a sign of what is to come?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I think I might've responded to the wrong thread but Takk is still going to be really good. Some early morning idiot on fox sports radio was ripping him for bringing a picture of his grandma. gently caress that guy, I'd want a person who brings an effigy of a dead loved one to drive him.

Clay Travis is the worst. Or at least he aspires to be the worst, which is pretty competitive territory in sports talk radio.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

somebody please bet me on andey vs Tanneyhill for 2017

we'll make it really easy

Whomever has the best QB rating wins

the fan of the losing QB has to get the fan of the winning QB a football shirt

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Alex may not be a funslinger, but he gave us this game, that last TD pass is admittedly the best pass he's ever thrown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FfeHDrexE

He tends to show up Big in the playoffs.

Also, the Saints have been in two of the greatest games I've ever seen. This one and the NFC championship against the Favre-led Vikes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Who the gently caress thinks Andy Dalton is a top 10 QB

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

John Brown posted:

ehhhhh

2013 - Showed up big in first half, disappeared in the 2nd.
2015 - Game Managed[ASMR] the Texans, looked flat against the Patriots
2016 - Looked like poo poo bring on Pat "Pat!" Mahomes

So a game where he looked great for one half, then another game where he looked average. Other than that he's kind of sucked.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Who the gently caress thinks Andy Dalton is a top 10 QB

*raises hand*

He turned Brandon Lafell into a decent WR again. If that isn't proof enough I don't know what is.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
The Denver one is a man stepping on a horse's tail and making him sneeze.

What I'm trying to say is

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

korrandark posted:

*raises hand*

He turned Brandon Lafell into a decent WR again. If that isn't proof enough I don't know what is.

Belichick fixed him first

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mariota is a top 10 qb and all that disagree can gently caress off

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

LaFell drops a lot of passes during some years and not as many, during some others, in my opinion. and poo poo or gently caress, there are quite a few of some pretty alright quarterbacks

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
With speculation that the Browns are going 11-5 running rampant ITT, could Cody "Special K" Kessler be a top 10 QB after this season?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Michael Corleone posted:

With speculation that the Browns are going 11-5 running rampant ITT, could Cody "Special K" Kessler be a top 10 QB after this season?

The funny thing is the speculation is coming from posters that aren't Browns homers. We know better, I see a 7-9 season.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Flikken posted:

The funny thing is the speculation is coming from posters that aren't Browns homers. We know better, I see a 7-9 season.

I would like that, but with Kizer so we know we got THE GUY and can try to get Barkley and a WR in the first and try to get another first with 2 seconds for a CB, then BPA rest of the way, also need a FS if Powel can't do it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My offseason hot take is that Ben Roethlisberger is insanely overrated and is very obviously not a top ten quarterback.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

John Brown posted:

Also, the Saints have been in two of the greatest games I've ever seen. This one and the NFC championship against the Favre-led Vikes.

Being better than playoff Ben isn't a high bar. I don't think Ben has had a playoff game with a rating over 90 in his career.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

somebody please bet me on andey vs Tanneyhill for 2017

we'll make it really easy

Whomever has the best QB rating wins

the fan of the losing QB has to get the fan of the winning QB a football shirt

I won't give the NFL money. Make it with a caveat that both have to play at least 14 games and the pay out :20bux: to a charity of the other person's choosing and you have a deal.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That playoff game against the 49ers came within a week of LSU getting shut out in the national championship game and between the two they essentially broke me to the point that I'm incapable of ever caring deeply about sports.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i also wont give the nfl money but i'll arbitrary give them money by watching their product every week

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

fsif posted:

My offseason hot take is that Ben Roethlisberger is insanely overrated and is very obviously not a top ten quarterback.

My hot retort is that he has 2 more ringz than Jim Kelly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Only one more than Tyrod Taylor, though!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

i also wont give the nfl money but i'll arbitrary give them money by watching their product every week

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm

I don't contribute to ratings and I don't watch official online content. I don't go to live games, events or buy merch. I'm even debating dropping NFL podcasts because they actually run ads now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Roethlisberger might be the only QB less healthy than Jim Kelly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ben is good and I loving hate him for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

big money big clit posted:

That playoff game against the 49ers came within a week of LSU getting shut out in the national championship game and between the two they essentially broke me to the point that I'm incapable of ever caring deeply about sports.

This is the year it changes.

This is the year of O and AD.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol at QBs that don't start every game for a decade plus

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Lol at QBs that don't start every game for a decade plus

That loving thumb.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

But for real, Ben's obviously a good starter, but I don't know any other QB in the league that could put up as many 1 TD/3 INT games and routinely no-show postseason games as him and still be as highly touted as he is, especially with the supporting cast he's had around him.

fsif fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 13, 2017

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've never played Madden but can you do an excessive celebration and take the penalty? I feel like a good football game should have this option with DLC celebrations.

I love this idea. Someone get in touch with EA

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Dalton is right next to Tyrod Taylor in the "probably top 20" Quarterback status

Right now I wouldn't take him over Winston or Mariota and they're def. not top ten yet

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Bananana posted:

I love this idea. Someone get in touch with EA

You can't, and I think the NFL doesn't let EA do poo poo like that as part of the license to use team names names and whatnot. It seems like it's always a selling point of the non-NFL licensed games, like All-Pro 2K8 comes to mind for me, is they include/let you perform celebrations that NFL doesn't allow.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I always liked how upset the announcers would get if you'd run up the score. Like, Howie chiding me for going for another 2 point conversion when the score was already 103-14 just made me want to do it all the more. Lol.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Well I did completely forget Matt Ryan existed but lol at the rest of those names. Ryan Tannehill, are you serious?

Anyone who has ever said R.T. is better than league average needs to be lightly swatted with a rolled up newspaper.

Edit: I didn't even see Sam Bradford the first time. Are you high?

You literally don't watch football because it's such a blood sport yet you're ranking QBs eh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Like imagine being so up your own rear end you actually pretend to hate the NFL yet you post about it and watch it and discuss it in Saturdays

Just lol best comedy in a while

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The secret to beating Big Ben is punching him in the face

You don't win the game but it sure feels like you did and you can watch that gif forever

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Raku posted:

Dalton is right next to Tyrod Taylor in the "probably top 20" Quarterback status

Right now I wouldn't take him over Winston or Mariota and they're def. not top ten yet
Right now I would take Dalton over Winston/Mariota but I think their third year could change things. That being said, I fully expect Dalton to take another step forward this year, though I'm not sure if it'll be a particularly big step. It depends how the oline holds up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Amy Pole Her posted:

You literally don't watch football because it's such a blood sport yet you're ranking QBs eh?

dang you're really stung over Tannehill's position

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

big money big clit posted:

You lucky bastard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mllaneza posted:

Let's pretend you buying seats paid my rent that month; you are now my hero.

My seat was $300 and its San Francisco so I maybe paid a couple days.

I had just moved to the bay and my season tickets didn't start until the next season :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

The secret to beating Big Ben is punching him in the face

You don't win the game but it sure feels like you did and you can watch that gif forever

I've done the math and this works out as you stated

• Locked thread