Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is about to be released in Brazil and my friends all want to give it a try. Coming from WoW as a Feral Druid can I get a recommendation on a class with good utility, high skill cap, high damage and with which I can carry anyone else on PVE content? I don't mind if it's melee or ranged though I tend to prefer melee in this sort of game.
The closest seems to be the sorceress but I don't like the "glass cannon" aspect too much.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Elentor posted:

This game is about to be released in Brazil and my friends all want to give it a try. Coming from WoW as a Feral Druid can I get a recommendation on a class with good utility, high skill cap, high damage and with which I can carry anyone else on PVE content? I don't mind if it's melee or ranged though I tend to prefer melee in this sort of game.
The closest seems to be the sorceress but I don't like the "glass cannon" aspect too much.

Witch/Wizard.

Nothing come close in PvE. It's an incredibly broken class, witch more so in PvE and wizard more so in PvP. (Witch gets a block and Wizard gets a grab).

Awakened DK is comparable in small scale PvP but in nodewars wizards and witches still reign supreme.

To add more detail Witches and Wizards get the following:
Pretty much all abilities are AoE
Teleport that is fairly long range and can be difficult to follow.
Lots of abilities also apply "super armor" that resist CCs etc
They can self heal and aoe heal - and can do that with essentially "instant" cast by using sages memory, so they can basically do an instant AOE full heal.
Mana regeneration is not a concern at all due to multiple abilities restoring MP, ability to drain MP, and spam primary attacks while moving which also regens MP.
Minimal use of Pre-Awakening skills allowing to focus your SP on Awakening skills and not switch to your pre-awakening weapon and worry less about upgrading it.

The only real downside in playing a witch is that in PvP you will be primarily targeted and as a result if you intend to PvP gearing is more crucial than for many other classes who tend to be left alone and you may find yourself gearing somewhat more DP focused for PvP than PvE while others are able to get away with one set of gear - but to be fair this is only really a concern if you get to the top .01% of the player base.

Finally, I personally find the witch to be one of the less interesting classes to play compared to the melee ones since you just stand around and AOE things from range to kill them. With melee classes you have to move around and you feel that you "do" more.

Sorc is not as strong as the witch in PvE and is much much harder to play in PvP. I do not recommend starting a sorc as your first character as the playstyle is fairly complex and requires usage of both awakened and preawakened abilities quite a bit.

I suggest starting a witch/wizard getting to ~57/58 and DUO geared and then trying other classes. Even if you end up finding another class that you like better you can use the witch as your boss farming alt.

Avoid the following: Ranger, Valk, Tamer, Ninja/Kunoichi - these aren't all bad classes but they are either niche or require 60 to really shine.

Oh and if you're looking for the best griefing class, berserker is the way to go.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Wow yea lots changed since I left... games fun tho if anyones on the edge and considering coming back might as well jump in waters fine.

chance are youll be greeted with boat loads of welfare gold and lottery boxes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FileNotFound posted:

Witch/Wizard.

Nothing come close in PvE. It's an incredibly broken class, witch more so in PvE and wizard more so in PvP. (Witch gets a block and Wizard gets a grab).

Awakened DK is comparable in small scale PvP but in nodewars wizards and witches still reign supreme.

To add more detail Witches and Wizards get the following:
Pretty much all abilities are AoE
Teleport that is fairly long range and can be difficult to follow.
Lots of abilities also apply "super armor" that resist CCs etc
They can self heal and aoe heal - and can do that with essentially "instant" cast by using sages memory, so they can basically do an instant AOE full heal.
Mana regeneration is not a concern at all due to multiple abilities restoring MP, ability to drain MP, and spam primary attacks while moving which also regens MP.
Minimal use of Pre-Awakening skills allowing to focus your SP on Awakening skills and not switch to your pre-awakening weapon and worry less about upgrading it.

The only real downside in playing a witch is that in PvP you will be primarily targeted and as a result if you intend to PvP gearing is more crucial than for many other classes who tend to be left alone and you may find yourself gearing somewhat more DP focused for PvP than PvE while others are able to get away with one set of gear - but to be fair this is only really a concern if you get to the top .01% of the player base.

Finally, I personally find the witch to be one of the less interesting classes to play compared to the melee ones since you just stand around and AOE things from range to kill them. With melee classes you have to move around and you feel that you "do" more.

Sorc is not as strong as the witch in PvE and is much much harder to play in PvP. I do not recommend starting a sorc as your first character as the playstyle is fairly complex and requires usage of both awakened and preawakened abilities quite a bit.

I suggest starting a witch/wizard getting to ~57/58 and DUO geared and then trying other classes. Even if you end up finding another class that you like better you can use the witch as your boss farming alt.

Avoid the following: Ranger, Valk, Tamer, Ninja/Kunoichi - these aren't all bad classes but they are either niche or require 60 to really shine.

Oh and if you're looking for the best griefing class, berserker is the way to go.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, it was very insightful. I'll test witch out when it's released and see how it goes!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
There is argument that wizard is better in PvE as well. Witch is probably better for boss alts if you want to use awakened skills because of the blocks, but wizard has an attack that is also a movement skill which I guess is good for grinding. Also witches are pretty useless on hills but that might be applicable to most things in this game

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I've rolled a berserker and am level 32 or something. How do I grief people? I have an itch I haven't been able to fill since I played Eve with goons.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

a dingus posted:

I've rolled a berserker and am level 32 or something. How do I grief people? I have an itch I haven't been able to fill since I played Eve with goons.

Berserkers have a number of ways to grab so you can do your best sheik vs fox impression. There really isn't that much in the way of griefing in this game unless you can have a wardec since you lose karma (read: sec status) when you flag up and kill people and have to regain it by killing mobs and stuff. You can only kill someone a couple times before it starts hurting you. Think of it like hisec mechanics except without concord--flagging up won't automatically suicide you but everyone else can attack you and if you do it enough eventually the facpo will poo poo on you. With the bonus that at negative karma you have a chance that your equipment will downgrade (some people use this to downgrade stuff they use to build FS).

J
Jun 10, 2001

a dingus posted:

People get really pissed off if you interfere with whatever mob rotation they are farming. Some will flag on you and kill you, which costs them something like 62k karma. Karma caps out at 300k, and bottoms out at negative 1 million. You gain karma by killing mobs in pve. If your karma is positive and you take a pvp death, you lose nothing aside from the time it takes to run back from the nearest node to wherever you were. If your karma is negative, pvp deaths cost you experience and potentially your crystals (gems in your gear sockets) can break. Most players aren't willing to go negative karma. If you keep coming back to their spot and they keep killing you, they will say you are griefing them and will call it "karma bombing." People get really, really pissed off about that. They can circumvent this by declaring war on your guild, it takes 15 minutes for a war dec to activate. If you kill someone you're at war with you lose no karma. But if you are guildless they can't do poo poo :grin:

Pve deaths on the other hand, regardless of karma, cost you experience and you can potentially lose crystals. This is where the berserker specific part comes in. Berserkers have a poo poo load of grabs, more than any other class, including one where they hold the target above their head and can run around for a bit. You can grab people who are low health and hold them to try and get the mobs to kill them, which will count as a pve death. There are no diminishing returns on grabs, you can chain all your grabs together to CC someone for a really long time. People really loving hate this too, even if you aren't trying to get them killed by mobs.

J fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 11, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

gwrtheyrn posted:

Berserkers have a number of ways to grab so you can do your best sheik vs fox impression. There really isn't that much in the way of griefing in this game ......

....what?

I suspect that at any given tile 70% of the players online are AFK many of whom are outside of safe zones. You can grab them and put them places. Kidnap them with a boat. Carry them to be killed by NPCs. Or just grab them and jump off a cliff to your and their death which doesn't matter to you if you are at 0% xp.

Oh and if you aren't the one who kills them, you don't lose karma.

Edit: And yes - flagging up and dragging people off into mob packs is a great way to free up a spot.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Totally forgot to mention kidnapping. A lot of people afk fish outside of safe zones, usually near velia or epheria port somewhere. Grab a fishing boat and sail around looking for targets, you can grab them and put them on your boat and then take them wherever you want. Some people will go drop them off at pirate island to get killed, other people will take them to lema island and put them on the NPC boat that sails to port ratt, which is a 45 minute trip. If you really wanted to you could get on the NPC boat with them and throw them off in the middle of the ocean somewhere, although you'd kind of be stranding yourself in the process.

Also a lot of people fish in a safe zone spot just west of velia on the shore. It is a safe zone so you can't flag on anyone there, but sometimes they stand too close to the water and you can ram your boat into the shore and glitch them onto your boat, and then take them for a ride. Or you can get your boat as close to the shore as possible, and switch channels. Then your boat just appears out of nowhere on the new channel and if someone was standing too close they can be moved onto your boat that way.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
:lol: I never thought about those ways of griefing people. gently caress that sounds annoying!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

fletcher posted:

:lol: I never thought about those ways of griefing people. gently caress that sounds annoying!

Or you could just stand flagged in the middle of the road and attack people as they ride by in farm wagons during of hours chances are they are AFK leveling their horses and it'll disrupt their auto patching leaving them stopped in the middle of the road. If they're super unlucky some mobs will kill them...

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

Or you could just stand flagged in the middle of the road and attack people as they ride by in farm wagons during of hours chances are they are AFK leveling their horses and it'll disrupt their auto patching leaving them stopped in the middle of the road. If they're super unlucky some mobs will kill them...

I used to do this with muskets that you could rent for contribution points.. would blow them off their horses.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

FileNotFound posted:

I turn around and start pk'ing afk traders pretty much whenever it suits me

helps let some steam off

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 12, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Lauren coin event, 50 coins per day (10 per hour, max 50) for 14 days, 30 coins for a lauren chest.
A total of 23 chests.

Is it possible to calculate an expected value for these chests like one could for the previous event?
I am assuming no since it contains so many different items, ranging from garbage to Kzarka weapons.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Lauren coin event, 50 coins per day (10 per hour, max 50) for 14 days, 30 coins for a lauren chest.
A total of 23 chests.

Is it possible to calculate an expected value for these chests like one could for the previous event?
I am assuming no since it contains so many different items, ranging from garbage to Kzarka weapons.

Whatever the value of 23 blackstones is, I suppose.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh so today I learned I can run BDO in a VM after some screwing around with config. I'm surprised that it doesn't crash and burn like most other games I've tried. VMs/CPUs have definitely come along way from when I last tried something like that a few years back.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

lurksion posted:

Huh so today I learned I can run BDO in a VM ....

Which fishbot are you using?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Which fishbot are you using?
None of that. Was considering a second account, decided against.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

lurksion posted:

None of that. Was considering a second account, decided against.

Ah well - sorry for assuming fishbots - that's pretty much the only case I've heard of BDO being run in a VM.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Speaking of fishing, I asked in discord but had to leave for work before anyone replied.

Any idea why I fished all night and didn't gain any skill at all? I'm currently tly fishing rank skilled 9 at 94%, I bought a Belaros (sp?) Fishing pole and set it to trash garbage items on auto fish and fished in a river south of heidel. I woke up W an inventory full of fish and a broken pole but not a single percent of skill gain.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How do you level gathering?
I know the literal answer is "run up to a bush and hit r".

I am trying to get my gathering up to 14 so i can start processing plywood, but it is taking loving forever. Both the part about finding the next bush to harvest, but also running out of energy.

If you google the topic you fill find plenty of guides but those guides really adress "WHERE to level gathering". Even so, they leave a lot of questions unanswered; Why go to the area the guide mentions? Bushes are plentiful everywhere. Do different nodes grant different exp?

Why do none of the guides mention the gathering quests? How do i get these? I have been all over Olvia but there are no quests there.

I have been gathering for days now, leaving my gatherer logged in over night for extra energy.I am still only level 10 in gathering so i need another 400 energy to get to 14 so i can get the plywood quests. That is 80 hours of being logged into the game, or well over 3 more days. It feels like i am missing something.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ineptitude posted:

I am trying to get my gathering up to 14 so i can start processing plywood, but it is taking loving forever. Both the part about finding the next bush to harvest, but also running out of energy.

If you google the topic you fill find plenty of guides but those guides really adress "WHERE to level gathering". Even so, they leave a lot of questions unanswered; Why go to the area the guide mentions? Bushes are plentiful everywhere. Do different nodes grant different exp?

Why do none of the guides mention the gathering quests? How do i get these? I have been all over Olvia but there are no quests there.

I have been gathering for days now, leaving my gatherer logged in over night for extra energy.I am still only level 10 in gathering so i need another 400 energy to get to 14 so i can get the plywood quests. That is 80 hours of being logged into the game, or well over 3 more days. It feels like i am missing something.

you trying to accomplish too much too soon, this game is about the slow burn. My gathering did go up pretty quickly collecting pig butts tho, and it's better money, so maybe try that?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Ineptitude posted:

You can level gathering doing all sorts of things, not just on bushes. Skinning pigs, chopping down trees, collecting blood, etc all work.

Make sure you are using the gathering buffs (gathering outfit, the balenos special meal that gives you +2 gathering, elixir of worker, etc). Also make sure you are using the tools that give you biggest gathering speed boost (the steel ones I think? can't remember off hand).

That at least makes it so the time you spend gathering is more effective. You will still be limited by how much total energy you have though, so you may have to work on getting that up.

I think there were quite a few gathering quests in Florin and Glish and around Heidel. Keep exploring!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Yes, also olvia dailies

quote:

You can work on getting more knowledge to get more energy. You need something like 160 energy to be able to regen for 8 hours without capping.

quote:

I would not worry too much about where you go to gather. Gather what you need and what you can consistently do and you'll hit artisan eventually. I almost exclusively chop wood for guild quests or gather meat.

quote:

Make sure you're set to see life quests. Check the options on the quest window and make sure you have all of them set to visible. Dulfy has a guide on all the olvia dailies as well as their requirements

quote:

Nothing life skill in this game is fast. 3 days is barely anything when you consider you're afk for most of that. That being said, a single round of olvia dailies will get you a pretty good amount of gathering xp, but they do take a while

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hi posted:

Speaking of fishing, I asked in discord but had to leave for work before anyone replied.

Any idea why I fished all night and didn't gain any skill at all? I'm currently tly fishing rank skilled 9 at 94%, I bought a Belaros (sp?) Fishing pole and set it to trash garbage items on auto fish and fished in a river south of heidel. I woke up W an inventory full of fish and a broken pole but not a single percent of skill gain.

How many inventory spaces do you have? Eventually you'll hit a point where an entire inventory's worth of fish doesn't give you 1%, which will vary based on how big your inventory is. I would still expect to see some progress at skilled 9, though. But also what you catch determines how much exp you get, gold tier fish are worth more exp than blue tier fish, and so on. Garbage isn't worth poo poo, and I'm not sure how much exp an ancient relic is worth. People usually just fish in rivers for relics, since that's going to be the most silver per inventory when your inventory is small. Rivers yield mostly garbage that gets thrown out, which also means more attempts to get a relic before your inventory fills up. But from an experience gained perspective rivers are really bad. Fishing will level much quicker out on a boat in the ocean since you'll catch way more high tier fish.

Ineptitude posted:

Check your quest filter - olvia has tons of gathering quests but if you aren't seeing any of them I suspect they are probably getting filtered out. Also as your gathering skill increases, the chance of each gathering attempt not using energy goes up. And there are a few breakpoints where you'll start seeing better yields from gathering as well. I forget which these are exactly but eventually you get to the point where for example, you mine your average granite or feldspar deposit and can get all sorts of ores and gems from it. This also yields more experience than gathering 1 pig butt.

Once your gathering skill starts getting decently high and you have a large energy pool it actually starts taking a long rear end time to burn through it all.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

J posted:

Once your gathering skill starts getting decently high and you have a large energy pool it actually starts taking a long rear end time to burn through it all.
Then you get to enjoy the joys of an hour of tree chopping or something!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

J posted:

How many inventory spaces do you have? Eventually you'll hit a point where an entire inventory's worth of fish doesn't give you 1%, which will vary based on how big your inventory is. I would still expect to see some progress at skilled 9, though. But also what you catch determines how much exp you get, gold tier fish are worth more exp than blue tier fish, and so on. Garbage isn't worth poo poo, and I'm not sure how much exp an ancient relic is worth. People usually just fish in rivers for relics, since that's going to be the most silver per inventory when your inventory is small. Rivers yield mostly garbage that gets thrown out, which also means more attempts to get a relic before your inventory fills up. But from an experience gained perspective rivers are really bad. Fishing will level much quicker out on a boat in the ocean since you'll catch way more high tier fish.

I have 83 slots, though usually 20ish are in use.

I dont know, I went fishing again today in the same location, with the same rod, and in 30 durability Ive gained 9% and hit skilled10 where is in 60 durability last night I gained nothing.

The only difference is today I dont have Throw away useless items caught during auto-fish selected.... though I assume thats unrelated and it was just bad RNG last night?

J
Jun 10, 2001

blackdesertplayers.txt

quote:

What we have currently ... is an unelected ELITE ruling class that takes and takes and takes from the Market and never gives anything back. And this tiny little Cadre of Gambling Addicts burns through 1000's of blackstones per week chasing TETs and PENs that no player should ever need. And before you say "But I WAAAANT it" .. no f*** you, no one needs to be able to 1-shot their fellow man in this game under any situation. All it does it cause other players to quit. And if they don't quit over that, they quit because RNG constantly screwed them out of being on an even playing field despite the fact they No-Lifed just as hard as the guy with all TRI acc & TET weaps. A system of Haves and Have Nots like this that renders a Fantasy Fighting MMO into a bad knock off of Call of Duty time-to-kills & quicktime events that are ironically labeled "skill Combos" and also b/c your opponent lost an RNG roll on the "Did it Stun?" flag .... just why??

Why ANY of this? ... It's sure as hell not Skill. Those people burning all these Blackstones at WarpSpeed so they can what? ... brag that a terrible system chose them over everyone else for no other reason than their Itemized Enumerated player ID # was in just the right spot in the SQL data for the server's CMOS r(random) call to pick them? .... Yeah I guess eventually when enough Steam players realize it comes down to that, we'll be right back to where we were yesterday, minus any Newbies to talk about possibly coming in and shaking things up atleast a tiny bit

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

patch notes posted:

Wording for Accuracy, Evasion, AP increase and decrease for the following items have been revised. Actual effects stay the same
Hmm...giving us accurate stats now for some things?

Nope, they're actually obfuscated more now!

some dude says posted:

+5 Flat evasion is +5 magic evasion, +5 ranged evasion, +5 melee evasion, and +5 mon evasion.
+20 all evasion translates into the same thing as +5 flat evasion
Accuracy on gems works the same way. There is ranged accuracy, melee accuracy, magic accuracy, etc.
This is why everything was increased by the same multiple.
The +5 FLAT evasion gem now says +20 all evasion

This game.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 17, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How do you guys rate t8 horses money wise? Asking since I don't have a decent horse and I just noticed the t8 with Instant Acceleration for 70 Shakaku seals. I mean, its not 900mil like a DUO Ogre, but still?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Wuxi posted:

How do you guys rate t8 horses money wise? Asking since I don't have a decent horse and I just noticed the t8 with Instant Acceleration for 70 Shakaku seals. I mean, its not 900mil like a DUO Ogre, but still?

I saw a t8 horse go up for 98 mil yesterday

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Apparently breeding them to have good skills requires infusion of P2W, so they show up rarely.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Wuxi posted:

Assuming it is a not-bugged t8 with real t8 stats, and has the same chance as any other t8 to gain more skills when you level it up, I rate the t8 horse option from the shakatu seals pretty highly. The only time people post t8s for sale is when they are lovely, to make them useable you'd have to waste a bunch of money on RNG skill change coupons. lovely t8s are still like ~100m or so from what I've seen. Not sure what an actual good one would go for. Less than a duo ogre ring, but ogre rings are easier to get than a really good t8 horse. I'm strongly considering spending my seals on the t8 horse once I let some other suckers buy it first and test it for me to make sure it isn't bugged. The game world is only going to get bigger over time, travel speed is a big deal.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

An actual good one would probably be about the same because the game sets the price or whatever. It's possible the game weights skills at different values, but I'd bet it's just level, tier, breeding attempts, deaths and available resets

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

River water.

Buy empty jugs. Stand in shallow water. Start gathering. Go AFK.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yes, also olvia dailies

You can work on getting more knowledge to get more energy. You need something like 160 energy to be able to regen for 8 hours without capping.

Yeah, 160 exactly. You get 20 per hour while logged in, 4o per hour while logged in and in a bed, 60 per hour if said bed is a P2W bed. 1 per hour while logged out.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Make sure you're set to see life quests. Check the options on the quest window and make sure you have all of them set to visible. Dulfy has a guide on all the olvia dailies as well as their requirements

Holy crap, yeah that makes a difference...There are life quests everywhere now. What a strangely undocumented/overlooked feature.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Nothing life skill in this game is fast. 3 days is barely anything when you consider you're afk for most of that. That being said, a single round of olvia dailies will get you a pretty good amount of gathering xp, but they do take a while

Yeah, once i finally discovered the Olvia daily gatherings i went from 11 to 14 gathering pretty fast, all without using much energy at all. The quest rewards gave back almost as much energy as i needed to gather for the quest.

Now to start spending all my energy on rerolling workers. I already have 7 professionals and an artisan (Didn't know you could get artisan from the worker NPC, what is the chance of that?)

I am still far away from any type of useful performance from the workers though. An entire day of gathering and i only got a couple hundred resources, which i blew through in 10 minutes of processing. Aparently you are supposed to be able to gather so many resources that you aren't able to process fast enough to use them all.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Now to start spending all my energy on rerolling workers. I already have 7 professionals and an artisan (Didn't know you could get artisan from the worker NPC, what is the chance of that?)

if i had to guess, artisans are <.5% of rolls. Skilled are pretty easy to roll--I usually roll at least a couple skilled when I blow my energy rolling workers. Professional are a lot less common, but they're still not that hard to roll maybe about 400 energy on average if you don't care about what race it is. Artisan is probably one every 2k energy or more--I've hired a couple of them straight from the NPC, but the vast majority of my workers were promoted. If you have a lot of spare energy, feel free to roll for professionals and skip skilled because if you fail the first 2 promotions it takes quite a while to hit level 30 for the last promotion chance. It's probably not worth your time to roll straight for artisan unless you really don't value energy

quote:

I am still far away from any type of useful performance from the workers though. An entire day of gathering and i only got a couple hundred resources, which i blew through in 10 minutes of processing. Aparently you are supposed to be able to gather so many resources that you aren't able to process fast enough to use them all.

If you keep growing your CP count by cooking or dailies, you will get there eventually. I'm probably getting to that point and I'm only at ~150 pts invested, though I did p2w some storage and housing

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Speaking of workers, what sorts of workers do you guys have?

Currently I've got a total of 35:
7 skilled goblin
11 professional goblin
4 professional human
6 artisan human
7 artisan goblin

If I had to guess I'd say I've burned 3000-4000 energy rolling for them. Usually skilled level, maybe 8-10 professional, and 2 artisan I think. Just guessing on these numbers, could be way off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wuxi posted:

Dunno but I hated every T7 I ever got. I view them as deliberately weighted to be poo poo in order to sell people skill retrains and all that junk. Worse skills than pretty much every T5 & T6 I ever bred back when I did that sort of thing, and I used to AFK horse train a lot back in the day.

I have a level 1 version of the fastest T6 breed stored in some stable and if I ever get back into BDO that's all I'll probably bother riding.

I guess what I'm trying to say is even if you get a T8 expect to spend realbucks making it not poo poo.