Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oh jay posted:

Aren't time remnants created by travelling a half a second back (forward?) in time? Why couldn't the leftover time remnant just go back to when he came from?

Pro user name post combo here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I didn't catch if anyone brought this up, yet, but where does Barry get Snart? I mean, the Snart that joined the legion got put back in the past with his mind wiped. The Snart of the present is still dead. I figure Barry had to grab him from the past.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, we have no idea until the episode airs.

Theoretically he could be anything from Snart pulled from before his Legends journey to Snart from Earth 2.

Spoilered since its preview stuff.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
So instead of making a barry time remnant he will make a snart remnant, good job barry

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Bozart posted:

So instead of making a barry time remnant he will make a snart remnant, good job barry

Hey, it's a much better idea. Snart would never Barry level fuckups.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, we have no idea until the episode airs.

Theoretically he could be anything from Snart pulled from before his Legends journey to Snart from Earth 2.

Spoilered since its preview stuff.

You can see the Waverider in the background in the promo. Barry plucks Snart out of some time in late Season 1 of Legends.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't watch this show anymore but I saw this and figured I'd share if it hadn't been already. I still don't think the kid is that great of an actor, but tons of respect to him for doing this.

https://twitter.com/KeiynanLonsdale/status/863277435743158272

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What did he do?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

No Butt Stuff posted:

What did he do?

came out as bi

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Time to get that boy on the Waverider!

...heh. "Time."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
So this season ends with Iris dying and next season Barry hooks up with Wally? I'm ok with that.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

came out as bi

And reading between the lines he's been struggling with that for quite a while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't watch this show anymore but I saw this and figured I'd share if it hadn't been already. I still don't think the kid is that great of an actor, but tons of respect to him for doing this.

https://twitter.com/KeiynanLonsdale/status/863277435743158272

He's had a half dozen moments where he's really showed some chops, it's a shame they don't let him actually use his talents.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

He's had a half dozen moments where he's really showed some chops, it's a shame they don't let him actually use his talents.

To be fair, these shows don't seem all that challenging, acting-wise, for any of the casts. The only really stand-out moment I can remember for any of them was Wells/Thawne confronting Cisco and vibrio-handing him, and that was down to some great, independent choices on the part of Valdes and Cavanagh. Everything else veers towards soap-opera melodrama and cry-talking.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I think the producers are starting to realize that he's a better comedic actor than a hard drama one (much like Grant Gustin, really) and are slowly giving him more comedy stuff to work with. See: his spot-on Jesse L. Martin impersonations, slamming into a brick wall (aka flashpromo.gif), and that shiteating smile from last week's episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

See: his spot-on Jesse L. Martin impersonations, slamming into a brick wall (aka flashpromo.gif), and that shiteating smile from last week's episode.

These are exactly what I was thinking of. I'm blown away by how much more I like him at this point compared to last year.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

I think the producers are starting to realize that he's a better comedic actor than a hard drama one (much like Grant Gustin, really) and are slowly giving him more comedy stuff to work with. See: his spot-on Jesse L. Martin impersonations, slamming into a brick wall (aka flashpromo.gif), and that shiteating smile from last week's episode.

It's kinda impressive how much is pointing towards the Flash being a mostly fun show with moments of drama and how hard the creators are working to force it to be a mostly dramatic show with moments of levity

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Phylodox posted:

To be fair, these shows don't seem all that challenging, acting-wise, for any of the casts.

Do you include Agents of SHIELD in "these shows"? Because that has some great acting in it, particularly Ian Decastecker and Mallory Jansen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nelson posted:

Do you include Agents of SHIELD in "these shows"?

I do not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's kinda impressive how much is pointing towards the Flash being a mostly fun show with moments of drama and how hard the creators are working to force it to be a mostly dramatic show with moments of levity

Flash was supposed to e the fun show and Arrow was supposed to be the dramatic show. Somewhere along the way, some of the Arrow tone leaked into the Flash

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

Flash was supposed to e the fun show and Arrow was supposed to be the dramatic show. Somewhere along the way, some of the Arrow tone leaked into the Flash

So what the hell was LoT supposed to be?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LoT S2 is the true fun show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I said what was it supposed to be. Because S1 sure as poo poo wasn't fun.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm still a fan of "Have I been kidnapped?" "Uh... unclear." as far as Wally moments goes.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
To return to a conversation from a few pages ago - I never bothered watching Legends season one. Hawk people are dumb.

Can I skip right to season two without a problem?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Skychrono posted:

To return to a conversation from a few pages ago - I never bothered watching Legends season one. Hawk people are dumb.

I'd suggest reading a summary of the episodes, but yeah it's safe enough to skip.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Skychrono posted:

Skip everything, it's all awful and almost completely inconsequential for season 2 anyway.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
LoT is American Dr. Who in all the best ways right now.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

came out as bi

So he's also a member of the Legion Of Doom?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

R-Type posted:

So he's also a member of the Legion Of Doom?
Not nearly hammy enough to be invited to the club.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

These are exactly what I was thinking of. I'm blown away by how much more I like him at this point compared to last year.

The moment during the big crossover where he zipped in and immediately started throwing shade at the dominators is when he actually became Wally to me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skychrono posted:

Suffer through the pilot, just because, then watch episodes 6 and 7 (Star City 2048 and Marooned), because those two are actually pretty good, maybe watch the Jonah Hex episode (11), then skip to episode 13 (Leviathan) and watch the remainder of the season because the last four episodes got pretty good... for Season 1 Legends.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For as bad as Legends S1 is there's a LOT of character stuff that happens where the Legends are completely different people by the time S2 starts.

Like Mick repeatedly betrays the Legends until Snart, who is developing a code of honor, kicks him off the team and leaves him for dead. Mick ends up being scooped up by the Time Lords and turned into Chronos, the guy who's been chasing the Legends all season. The Legends manage to unbrainwash him and reluctantly let him back on the team until he ultimately intends to prove himself by sacrificing himself to save the Legends and stop the Time Lords, but Snart tricks him and does it himself. Its a big heroic sacrifice for Snart, a lot of what plays into Mick's entire S2 storyline, and has some side stuff with like Sara spending all season connecting with Snart over their shared guilt and his sacrifice helping propel her into seeing herself as a hero and the captain.

Its largely dumb stuff but it matters for the characters. You can skip it and you won't be clueless about S2 or anything, but you'd be missing a lot of stuff that happened between the pilot and S2.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you have been watching Arrow and Flash like most of us you could probably suffer through the first season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its not THAT bad if you enjoy/can tolerate the universe in general. Its just basically the worst of the bunch and for me (someone who likes this stuff) probably the only season I've outright disliked.

But like, its a dumb comic book show that introduces a new world and comic characters every 2 episodes. So if you like dumb comic book stuff it really could be worse.

And the worst part of it goes away mid way through. So that helps.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Season 1 also shows the start of the Mick/Ray grudging friendship that plays a big role in Season 2. Also there's a certain moment in Season 2 that lands a LOT more funnier if you go into it will full knowledge of just how lovely a villain Vandal Savage turned out to be :allears:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its just a lot of little stuff that adds up and makes a lot of what S2 is enjoyable. If you don't watch S1 you can still probably get a kick out of the Legion of Doom and general "we're idiots" approach, but you'll miss a lot of the adjustments and payoffs they make that led to people who "suffered" through S1 love S2 so much.

The more you hate S1, the more you love S2.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 15, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Season one was really dumb but took itself really seriously and absolutely nothing about it worked at all. Season two realised it was dumb and stopped fighting it. Depending on what you want from a TV show, you may or may not like season two. You will not like season one. No one does. Don't watch it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You can't fully appreciate how great the turn of season 2 is until you've seen how they finally deal with Vandal Savage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh god please let her be pregnant on top of everything let's just throw some more bullshit on top of this mess...

• Locked thread