Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Best part of this event is the free Gungnir TM moogles. One complete so far, which pushes Firion slightly further up the ghetto beast mode tree (spears trigger his other attack passive). There's a good chance that a diligent player can complete 2 during the event, letting Nine do his dual wield jump cheese if/when we get the JP killer fix. :toot:

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Varance posted:

Best part of this event is the free Gungnir TM moogles. One complete so far, which pushes Firion slightly further up the ghetto beast mode tree (spears trigger his other attack passive). There's a good chance that a diligent player can complete 2 during the event, letting Nine do his dual wield jump cheese if/when we get the JP killer fix. :toot:

I have one done and another well on its way. Don't really have anyone good to put them on.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP version character updates:

"Season 2" Sage Sakura has been released, along the lines of "Season 2" Flame Frost Lasswell... and she's Orlandeau levels of powerful. Her limit burst hits 40 times. If that wasn't good enough, she has dual-castable ability-style spells featuring heavy damage + imperil for the Light, Dark and Lightning elements. She's also got AoE versions of Minfilia's singletarget ATK and MAG buffs, a defense penetrating nuke and a few other fun toys.

It doesn't chain by itself, but you put two Sage Sakuras in a party, and... well... stick any other attacks onto the end and watch things explode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SckTG0oU5Xc

Roselia got a 6* upgrade. Roselia is the first white mage to learn Triple White Magic (yeah, three white spells in a row)... buuut she doesn't get any new spells. Instead, she gets an AoE res and full esuna tacked on to her limit break, a bunch of defensive passives to make her less squishy, a mana battery ability, a singletarget full cure + esuna and a self-sacrifice AoE full health raise + heal. Initial ratings put her on par with Refia and Luka's 6* forms, if only because there's no auto-refresh to sustain triple Curaja spam and she does not get Raise/Arise to be used with said triple white magic unless you can TM them. Kinda awkward to use in a Bartz kind of way, which leaves her handicapped versus the likes of Aria, Veritas of the Waters, Hunter Fina, Tilith, Y'shtola or 6* Garnet, all of which predate Roselia's 6* form.

The next two batches of Exvius characters and our recent FF6 event characters also got enhancements.

Wilhelm with enhancements is the undisputed king of tanking and also a top tier DPS, with the enhancements providing raw improvements to his already stellar skillset. We should be getting him soon, though he is 5* base.

Same thing with Lunera, who should also be hitting global soon. Another 5* that gets boost of raw numbers through enhancements. This places her solidly between Sage Sakura and enhanced Trance Terra.

Trance Terra got Dark Fina's Ultima enhancements, plus enhancements to Magical Activation that boost MAG even higher, increase the buff duration to 5 turns and enable double white during the effect for emergency Full Life spam. There's also an enhancement to Guardian Mog that makes her heavily resistant to all status ailments. Stronger than Dark Fina with enhancements, but not quite Sage Sakura strong.

Normal Terra got enhancements to Unlock Magic, giving her Trance Terra's version of Chaos Wave and making Meteor multi-hit. She also gets the Guardian Mog enhancement.

Kefka's enhancements include a buff to Mage of Destruction that adds a Hyperdrive magic counter, and an increase to the trigger rate and potency of Roar of Laughter. Light of Judgement also gets enhancements to improve potency and penetration.

PS: All of the Season 2 storyline gacha characters (5* base) have a summon-style CG cutscene when using their Limit Break. It can only trigger once per turn, in case you have multiples for some reason.

Lasswell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2quDg-4o8
Sakura: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMYWmOy4uQ

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 13, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

T.Terra is actually a stronger %damage wise than Runera and Sage Sakura assuming two of each are chaining their strongest attacks. Double awakened chaos wavesx2 will out damage both double Runera stacking their 30 hit combos or doubling up on Sage Sakura's fully charged up casts.

But what Runera has that the others dont have is that she can act as a bard thats almost as good as Ramza. And Sage sakura has a ton of support built into her kit as well as really strong finishers. She could potentially hit harder with her thunder -aja like ability as a finisher than any other mage, but she has to stack it for like 4 turns, the mob has to be imperiled and hopefully not trigger one of her 2 counters that would break the chain.

e-also daily pull second Zyrus. I think I can start mashing together my Arcs

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 13, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
It's official, Lani is my Bedile/Shadow

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I have an irrational obsession with Magic Circles. This video does my heart good.

Make a nice cell phone background.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Her face feels really out of place for some reason.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Really do not get why Nox keeps having a reception error

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Neat, got my third Exdeath from my free pull this morning! Now I can have my ghetto magic damage arena team: Olive because she's a tanky aoe'er (and mortar), Cecil because he's been loving clutch for soaking physical damage from guys like Luneth and Greg plus focus for that boost to my soon-to-be-two undergeared Exdeaths. Gonna feel good putting out like 7k damage in a single round. He came at the perfect time too, because I'm about out of people worth spending cactuars on. It's just him and Sakura since I think I'd rather use Setzer as a chainer than Chizuru, although I could field two Chizurus by myself + a friendlandu or something - is she worthwhile with/without enhancements or whatnot? Should I get one or both to 6*? I've also got two 5* Agriases just waiting for 6* and enhancements, but that's probably months away; just watch her get them before Ramza :(

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Right now in Arena I'm running

Chizuru
Chizuru
Firion
Exdeath
Exdeath

I know on Discord Firion was getting some bad press, but he has been my workhorse and a key part of my team for a few months now, and will continue to be until my Fryevia gets up to speed. That likely won't be until the next King Mog event because I am in a glut for Prismatic Horns (even with the future 5 from the event). I am considering buying one of those treasure offerings just to get it done...

I used to run a 100% damage with Snow and Bartz in palce of the Exdeaths, but now with all this evasion business, I might as well just nip that immediately.

hagie fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 13, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't do it man, 3000 Lapis is worth so much more than those garbage packages. Just last till next thursday and stockpile King Minituars for her and she'll be up to speed. Heck, all those pots from Bahamut will be really convenient too.

And yeah, spellcasters are the way to go in the arena. Even if they were more survivable melee units a Blizzard Flask or similar would mess them up the same.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Free pull:
gold crystal turns in to Setzer #1 :toot:

I guess I'll level him for arena usage in the event I need aoe aliments, like during non-dualcast weeks.

Varance posted:

JP version character updates:

"Season 2" Sage Sakura has been released, along the lines of "Season 2" Flame Frost Lasswell... and she's Orlandeau levels of powerful. Her limit burst hits 40 times. If that wasn't good enough, she has dual-castable ability-style spells featuring heavy damage + imperil for the Light, Dark and Lightning elements. She's also got AoE versions of Minfilia's singletarget ATK and MAG buffs, a defense penetrating nuke and a few other fun toys.

It doesn't chain by itself, but you put two Sage Sakuras in a party, and... well... stick any other attacks onto the end and watch things explode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SckTG0oU5Xc

Against 4 targets one of the Sakuras doesn't get her LB refilled so either they got insanely unlucky or refilling her LB takes a lot of crystals, so spamming it seems unlikely.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

For Sacred Crystals, I should run Awakening - Int right? I need some 5's, just got to the Industrial City and area bosses are kicking my rear end or taking ten minutes to die.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Dandywalken posted:

For Sacred Crystals, I should run Awakening - Int right? I need some 5's, just got to the Industrial City and area bosses are kicking my rear end or taking ten minutes to die.

Yep, int for more sacreds, adv for more holy's. I'm currently chain running int so I can 5* Exdeath and all the story characters besides Sakura (she got priority since she's useful beyond some future trials or whatever). Kind of lovely the last King Mog didn't have any sacred crystals for sale. Or megacytes either, but the bahamut gatcha's helping a bit with that.

edit: Hit the friend point cap today, so I'm doing 50 big free unit summons :v

Is there an easy way to display ONLY the friend point units so I can more easily combine and/or sell all these units?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 13, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rocketpriest posted:

Yep, int for more sacreds, adv for more holy's. I'm currently chain running int so I can 5* Exdeath and all the story characters besides Sakura (she got priority since she's useful beyond some future trials or whatever). Kind of lovely the last King Mog didn't have any sacred crystals for sale. Or megacytes either, but the bahamut gatcha's helping a bit with that.

edit: Hit the friend point cap today, so I'm doing 50 big free unit summons :v

Is there an easy way to display ONLY the friend point units so I can more easily combine and/or sell all these units?

Sort by "Obtained."

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

HGH posted:

Don't do it man, 3000 Lapis is worth so much more than those garbage packages. Just last till next thursday and stockpile King Minituars for her and she'll be up to speed. Heck, all those pots from Bahamut will be really convenient too.

And yeah, spellcasters are the way to go in the arena. Even if they were more survivable melee units a Blizzard Flask or similar would mess them up the same.

I know I know. I have done a good job so far, and my math puts me at 1 6star mat away from having her completed and that really is not psychologically satisfying.

In other news I am putting my friend units and minicactaurs into Y'shtola #2 for reasons. Namely space

Also Ludmille is 98.4%. First macro completion is neigh

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 13, 2017

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Thanks to the Easter and current raid event, I have way too many mini/Burst pots taking up unit slots (9 and 6). My Cecil's LB is already maxed, so who is the next best person to blow these pots on? I read the guide in the wiki but have no base 5 characters other than Marie, Delita and Y'shtola nor do I have a Ling. Who's the next best candidate?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Last I checked, the top 3 LBs to enhance are Exdeath, Cecil, and Noel. But it's been awhile, so that's probably outdated.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So far with my free pulls I've gotten:

Gilbert
Cyan

and with 2 daily pulls I got:

Rosa
Ulrica

Don't think i'm going to go any further with daily pulls for this event. Apparently all the other goons in this thread are taking all the good pulls. :tinfoil:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fullTimeLurker posted:

So far with my free pulls I've gotten:

Gilbert
Cyan

and with 2 daily pulls I got:

Rosa
Ulrica

Don't think i'm going to go any further with daily pulls for this event. Apparently all the other goons in this thread are taking all the good pulls. :tinfoil:

My free and 1/2 pulls have utter garbage as well. If you plan to stop 1/2 pulls at least buy the 300 Lapis ticket bundle and save for Rikku someday.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Free pulls have been I can't remember, and Gaffgarrion number 6 or 7. I've lost count. I don't need this many bracers.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

fullTimeLurker posted:

Apparently all the other goons in this thread are taking all the good pulls. :tinfoil:

Yesterday's free pull was Ludmille!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I am refraining from ticket and 1/2 pulls right now.

Ludmille at 99.1%!!!!! Popping a lapis energy!!!!!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Completed my third Gungnir, two from this event and one from TM grind. Sell the remaining 5% Gungnir moogles. Grab two free tickets from Bahamut raid event. Burn one. Pull fourth Kain.

gently caress that spear anyways.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I am refraining from ticket and 1/2 pulls right now.

Ludmille at 99.1%!!!!! Popping a lapis energy!!!!!

If you've been diligent in bahamut raids you should have a 1% moogle or two.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I just finished cooking a second dual wield. Chizuru, Firion, or someone else if I have no TM weapons and no good 5 star base characters other than my Noctis?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My Cecil has been sitting at 99.9 for like, three days now.

Also since hitting 1k on my Olive's attack, I've been getting like 30+ friend requests a day. Is this what it's like for you whales in every game?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

If you've been diligent in bahamut raids you should have a 1% moogle or two.

I used them the moment I got them.

I am on 99.9 now for the past 45 minutes or so...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

hagie posted:

I know I know. I have done a good job so far, and my math puts me at 1 6star mat away from having her completed and that really is not psychologically satisfying.

In other news I am putting my friend units and minicactaurs into Y'shtola #2 for reasons. Namely space

Also Ludmille is 98.4%. First macro completion is neigh

Check the daily bundle. You might get lucky and get that 1 mat one of these upcoming days.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I should be able to trade in these crimson noodles for Draco rod ones

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Chasiu posted:

Thanks to the Easter and current raid event, I have way too many mini/Burst pots taking up unit slots (9 and 6). My Cecil's LB is already maxed, so who is the next best person to blow these pots on? I read the guide in the wiki but have no base 5 characters other than Marie, Delita and Y'shtola nor do I have a Ling. Who's the next best candidate?

Y'shtola's a decent choice since her LB is straight damage reduction.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually just now noticed i never had the completion reward from the first vault because earth key #15 bugged out on me, lmao. i sent a message to support and its not super important since i have xon but its going to annoy me now that i noticed

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Killing Vector posted:

Y'shtola's a decent choice since her LB is straight damage reduction.

This.

Got 4 spots and a sturdy Bahamut Trial Orlandeau.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 14, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for some reason the stupid rear end snatched away quest will not trigger for me. the vaults are loving annoying

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I know it's Gumi's plan but gently caress these twenty Crimson Blood moogles I've acquired I'm not whaling for the Dragon Lady.

If you're a new player these raid events are probably amazing. If you whale and pull the banner unit, it's almost a guarantee you'll get the TM quickly, and PRO can be walked through by a solid friend unit, which will get you a lot of rank points as well.

Wiki ratings are up, Reberta comes in at 13.0 and Zyrus as 11.5. Reberta in the Aileen/Luneth/Noctis tier, not quite Freyvia/Orlandeau/Olive tier.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 14, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I know it's Gumi's plan but gently caress these twenty Crimson Blood moogles I've acquired I'm not whaling for the Dragon Lady.

I'm a few moogles away from a full Crimson Blood and Equip H Armor moogle and 75% of a Gungir (which went well with my 40% done Kain). I still haven't pulled a single DracoSpike, and I've pulled two of the wizard guy already. gently caress you Gumi :argh:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm a few moogles away from a full Crimson Blood and Equip H Armor moogle and 75% of a Gungir (which went well with my 40% done Kain). I still haven't pulled a single DracoSpike, and I've pulled two of the wizard guy already. gently caress you Gumi :argh:

I used my tickets and landed 2 more Zyrus for a total of 4, and am at 75% of a DracoSpike thanks to moogles.

I've completed 1.7 Equip H armors and 1.05 Gungnirs from moogles, and probably around 1.4 Crimson Bloods considering I've had to kill a bunch of these moogles to make space.

It does seems like the 4* base TM moogles are rarer in these events, I didn't get enough for a full Xon TM last go.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Random ticket pull for Zyrus.....

Yay I guess? At least that sprite is so loving cool!

Thats 3 Rainbows in ~700 pulls. Still running below average.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
tried elite Bahamut. Megaflare killed everyone and hit Rain for 13k. That was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Shoenin posted:

tried elite Bahamut. Megaflare killed everyone and hit Rain for 13k. That was funny.

Mag break him, shell, and guard on megaflare turn.

• Locked thread