Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Love in the 'verse

Was that a ship sink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Hold up, the database is being stressed too hard. I'll need $5 per post to process them.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol 1000 years in the future and we are still using dollar store toothbrushes

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Combat has never looked so natural

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

That's 1 UEC toothbrushes :smug:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

But can you rent out them to other players?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Meanwhile, not-poo poo developer Harebrained Schemes continues to show such weird things as gameplay and progress on their crowd-funded project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

loving amateurs.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, but can I manually load and unload cargo with 5-10 of my friends?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian posted:

But can you rent out them to other players?

You can get LTI on your 1 UEC toothbrushes and use your grabby hands to scrub your space teeth

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Meanwhile, not-poo poo developer Harebrained Schemes continues to show such weird things as gameplay and progress on their crowd-funded project.

loving amateurs.

lol, where are the loving ASSETS.. jesus

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gameplay and progress

Not interested in these thank you very much, GOOD DAY SIR

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

peter gabriel posted:

I find it interesting that Star Citizen is almost perfectly No Mans Sky + Mass Effect Andromeda.
Well, maybe not interesting but noteworthy or something
No man's sky seems like the anti-star citizen. It was made by a handful of people, designed to necessitate almost no assets, cost next to nothing to make, is out and sold reasonably well.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

loving amateurs.

Toobad its a battletech game lol. That instantly makes it worse than Starbound.

Its like buying a nonsamsung phone. Terrible.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
until I can buy an atlas for $1,500 don't bring up battletech like its some savior of pc gaming

they might even release something on consoles, is this really what you want to be promoting here

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Virtual Captain posted:

Greenscren on AtV. Production team needs some micromanaging Chris. Make those pixels clear, not green.

:lol:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Someone doxx the stock footage in the background to appease me.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

thatguy posted:

Someone doxx the stock footage in the background to appease me.
:yossame:

vyst posted:

There's something ridiculously appropriate about CIG having to pretend they have people working

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 13, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sorla78 posted:

seems Ben Lesnick is contributing actively again on http://www.wcnews.com/ under his LOAF monicker...

He's been doing that for a couple of months, since ChrisReid (who took over the site when Lesnick went to CIG) had a baby.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
chris: how did the CCU upcharge go over?

ben: everything appears to be good so f-

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Timby posted:

He's been doing that for a couple of months, since ChrisReid (who took over the site when Lesnick went to CIG) had a baby.

Thank the heavens. Another nightmare diverted.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Erenthal posted:

shamelessly modified from the original

:five:

"Chris Roberts, where's my money?"

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
mods, change thread title to 'clown blog' pls

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

loving amateurs.

I hope they get rid of that model highlighting border that they've got going on all the mechs. It really hurts the feeling of them actually being on the map.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I watched 4 minutes of around the verse for the first time in months and how anyone could think CIG has a clue about anything confuses me.

Working on an air traffic control system, still in concept, it's the thing in elite that tells you to land and they make it sound like trying to invent a generator that runs on salty water.

Sticking the word procedural in front of everything, procedural planetary audio, even procedural loving breathing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You wake up, go to the canteen and then onto a long shift at the landing pad
Seems like a good game to me

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Those are 1000 UEC toothbrushes... from the 1000 UEC store you rear end in a top hat!

peter gabriel posted:

Lol, you're one optimistic cat. Cats can't count!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 13, 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheAgent posted:

until I can buy an atlas for $1,500 don't bring up battletech like its some savior of pc gaming

they might even release something on consoles, is this really what you want to be promoting here

How about a gold-skinned Mad cAt for 500$ ? Oh, sorry those did already sell out... :pgi:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The toothbrushes are actually 1150 UEC after tax. And you have to pay 50 extra if you want to exchange your old one.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
To be fair, they don't have a game.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Lladre posted:

Seriously though. it is down right pathetic if anyone is falling for this. This isn't 1984 using dBASE III over a modem.

Even if all million alleged clients used a CCU it shouldn't be straining their "Servers".

Shhhhhh! Please keep it down. Much like whales, my upper management is retarded with money. I'm going in to work Monday to demand every transactional change I make to our SQL database is going to now cost $5. My company runs 20,000 service calls a day just in the US. Not to mention the daily updates to notes, ETAs, parts, and closing actions. This is going to be glorious for my wallet.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Nicholas posted:

lets say you buy a shirt. you get home and it actually doesn't fit you correctly, so you take it back to the store and ask to exchange it. since youre gonna buy something the cashier puts the money store gift card and hands it to you. you walk around the store for a bit, pick out a new shirt that costs the same amount as the one you just exchanged. when you try to pay for it with your giftcard, they tell you theres an extra $5 gift card fee that you have to pay.

if you demand a refund, they will take back every piece of clothing you ever bought from them; and every piece of clothing that someone else bought you from there, (but you wont get refunded for those things)

Great metaphor. Now think about how many sane people would never shop at a store that did this again. Purely on sketchy customer service principles. Conversely, think about how many people REALLY aren't going to ever going to "shop" with CIG because of this. Hell the real life store has probably actual sold you a real, tangible product before.

Pretty solid sanity check about how loyal to a fault some of these cats are.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

Without John we wouldn't have the amazing physics behind the ships in the game.

:allears:

If I were John, I'd feel very worried right about now — sooner or later, someone in an executive position will notice those “physics” and trace it back to that poor guy…

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tippis posted:

If I were John, I'd feel very worried right about now — sooner or later, someone in an executive position will notice those “physics” and trace it back to that poor guy…

I think it's John as in "John Doe", most likely the same "programmer" that broke both his wrist and held up the patch back in 2.0 days.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Don't be too hard on the devs, they probably aren't having much fun. Devs devs, not Roberts&co.

I think it's an incredibly lovely thing to happen - some young person gets hired to an extremely high profile project, is underqualified for the challenges in it and is in no position to leech the required expertise. Because everyone with experience left. Recipe for burning out.

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 14, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I skimmed over the green screen thing , So are they just sticking someone infront of a camera to talk bullshit while a 'generic Busy office' clip plays behind him ?

Hell at this point it could be a skeleton crew keeping the website alive to draw in more cash , the developers quit long ago

Maybe Sandi just hired all her friends to play the role of 'developers' on camera

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

nawledgelambo posted:

chris: how did the CCU upcharge go over?

ben: everything appears to be good so f-

The spectrum forums are having a similar meltdown too. Funny how their marketing department pulls these moves the last possible moment before the weekend, it's almost like they're hoping the backlash will die down by the time they come back into the office on Monday!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Latin Pheonix posted:

The spectrum forums are having a similar meltdown too. Funny how their marketing department pulls these moves the last possible moment before the weekend, it's almost like they're hoping the backlash will die down by the time they come back into the office on Monday!

Haha, they know the defense brigade will out-shout and out-last any opposition. Once they reveal the SECRET SHIP everything will go back to the same usual.