Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harlock posted:

I didn't enjoy Zestria or Xillia, will I like Tales of Beseria? For reference I enjoyed Hearts R a lot.

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snak posted:

See my above edit for my dreadfully wrong approach to playing the game.

Don't ask how long I spent torturing the guy on the train tracks seeing if anything I did gave him more dialogue.

I can see how that could be confusing. Just remember it's an adventure game lite and everything is pretty straight forward and for the most part you are just pushing forward on a straight path. Most optional areas are there for text and audio logs which I usually hate, but highly recommend in Soma because they add a lot of insight into what is going on.

I can safely say that you haven't hit the point where the story gets really interesting yet. Once Simon figures out what is going on to some extent it changes the context of everything , at which point I was hopelessly hooked and dying to find out what happens as well as pick up any lore I could get my hands on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Harlock posted:

I didn't enjoy Zestria or Xillia, will I like Tales of Beseria? For reference I enjoyed Hearts R a lot.

I wasn't paying attention to what thread I was in and for a second thought you were talking about pharmaceuticals.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Harlock posted:

Probably not. The story and combat camera is better than Zestria but if you didn't like the last few, you may not like Berseria.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Probably not. The story and combat camera is better than Zestria but if you didn't like the last few, you may not like Berseria.

Zestiria is godawful and Berseria probably the best Tales game ever

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well I dunno. A lot of Berseria's skeleton is the same as Zestiria's but that was never the problem. Berseria's combat is better, the story is better, but most of all the equipment skill system is sane, sensible, and not the worst mechanic of its type I've ever encountered in a video game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I picked up Last of Us again. I played like 4 hours of it when I got my PS4 back in November.

Holy poo poo is this game good. Like, worth the console itself good. It's so long too. I just made it to Salt Lake.

They do a great job of making the story and the world interesting. And scavenging for supplies is somehow not tedious. Maybe it's because by the second act they are making you pray for ammo.

Game is loving good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I might be completely insane but I'm considering getting Resident Evil 6 on PS4 after playing it on PC and Xbox360 just for the mercenaries mode. Add that I'm broken because I want to buy REmake despite never liking the old games because they had tank controls + fixed camera.

I guess that makes me a bad person since I've only liked RE4, 5 and 6 so far (have yet to play Revelations 1 on PC).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Guillermus posted:

I might be completely insane but I'm considering getting Resident Evil 6 on PS4 after playing it on PC and Xbox360 just for the mercenaries mode. Add that I'm broken because I want to buy REmake despite never liking the old games because they had tank controls + fixed camera.

I guess that makes me a bad person since I've only liked RE4, 5 and 6 so far (have yet to play Revelations 1 on PC).

People give it poo poo but RE6 is super loving fun.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I guess I like 6 since it actually plays fine and is a fun brawler and goes just nuts with the plot (not like boulder punching was less insane). It helps that it was the first RE game that got a proper PC port and wasn't a shitfest.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I approve of the growing tendency to set post apocalyptic games in Salt Lake City.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I can see how that could be confusing. Just remember it's an adventure game lite and everything is pretty straight forward and for the most part you are just pushing forward on a straight path. Most optional areas are there for text and audio logs which I usually hate, but highly recommend in Soma because they add a lot of insight into what is going on.

I can safely say that you haven't hit the point where the story gets really interesting yet. Once Simon figures out what is going on to some extent it changes the context of everything , at which point I was hopelessly hooked and dying to find out what happens as well as pick up any lore I could get my hands on.

Yeah, I do think it's a pretty good game, and I would recommend it also. I think that some of the gameplay so far could have been better designed to guide​ me into the right mindset for the game, but ultimately my unfortunate first impression is on me for just being confused and also drunk.

Its the type of game I wish there were more of.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coming back from a few pages ago but yeah I misread your post thinking you were referring to SOMA and not bioshock.

I dunno, it might just be one to write off as not for you. Or watch a playthrough of the game with no commentary on youtube if you're interested in the story (which is the main reason to press on IMO). It's clearly not clicking for you but I couldn't really tell you what to do to make it click. You are also right around the one part of the whole game that seriously frustrated me, so it may get worse before it gets better

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I am talking about Soma, and it's clicked for me now, it was just a rough start.

Edit: Also I was very drunk. And am still drunk.

SOMA is good, I'm just dumb.

Snak fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Guillermus posted:

revelations i think got a little too much love for being a "return to form" and is honestly kinda boring, but i really enjoyed revelations 2 quite a bit more. re6 mercenaries mode is fun and its almost always $15-20 so gently caress it man. of course i am one of the people who genuinely enjoys re6

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Davidspackage did an amazing LP of Soma

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I can't do it. I have been trying to, but Batman:Arkham Knight is just a poor substitute for the Arkham gameplay I crave. The Batmobile poo poo is obnoxious and the game feels like it's missing character. Im going to buy the remasters as soon as I can. I just wish Arkham Origins was in there. I really love that game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Streamers are really enjoying the scourge by the looks of things and beating up human enemies assisted by exo suits and poo poo. Might be ok even though the setting doesn't really excite me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

doom is on sale on the psn and steam this weekend so i downloaded the demo to see how it would run on my pc, and i really love it but also i feel loving weird after a half hour of play beating the demo, and it had epilepsy warnings. i dont think i will be able to play it :<

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Doesn't every game have epilepsy warnings?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

technically but typically if the game explicitly displays them before playing its usually an active issue

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Snak posted:

See my above edit for my dreadfully wrong approach to playing the game.

Don't ask how long I spent torturing the guy on the train tracks seeing if anything I did gave him more dialogue.

What. The. gently caress.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Milgramexperiment.txt

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well I didn't understand what I was supposed to do so I was just trying every combination of things. Go to the computer input one code, flip ine switch, go vack try to talk to guy. Turn on the tracks, try to talk to the guy, turn off the tracks, try to talk to the guy, go back to the computer, set the other switch, try to talk to the guy, turn on the tracks try to talk to the guy, turn off the tracks try to talk to the guy, go back to the computer input the other code, set one switch...

Eventually I looked up what I was supposed to be doing. It was unrelated and the tracks and the guy do nothing and serve no purpose.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He did show we're dealing with a sociopath here.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

blackguy32 posted:

I can't do it. I have been trying to, but Batman:Arkham Knight is just a poor substitute for the Arkham gameplay I crave. The Batmobile poo poo is obnoxious and the game feels like it's missing character. Im going to buy the remasters as soon as I can. I just wish Arkham Origins was in there. I really love that game.

Only thing I didn't like about Origins was the level design in some areas and the stupid upgrade tree.

But yeah no, Arkham Knight just really frontloaded alot of the Batmoblie poo poo.

Even the goddamn DLC has that poo poo.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
I guess I'm broken because I think the Batmobile is awesome in that game. I like scaling buildings with it and tearing poo poo down and I think it's a cool extension to the Riddler puzzles. The king of the hill/swarm battles with the tanks are cool and I feel like a badass when I zip right into the perfect position to avoid 20 tank shots.

If Arkham Knight is bad for anything it's being absolutely bloated with Ubisoft levels of open world bullshit. Hated shutting down the military outposts. Didn't need even half as many Riddler trophies. I still need to go back and finish the game on the hardest difficulty. I haven't even cracked open any of the side story missions; not even the Harley Quinn thing that came with my pre-order.

Shindragon posted:

Only thing I didn't like about Origins was the level design in some areas

Yeah, Joker theme park was claustrophobic and just not fun at all to navigate.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Finished The Order, it was much longer than I thought it was. Abouth eight hours or but that's including reloads. I wish it didn't actually suck, the graphics and audio were pretty good, it's the one time that steampunk didn't suck, the voice acting was pretty good and the plot was fine, the guns were cool, but everything else about the gameplay was awful.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

I guess I'm broken because I think the Batmobile is awesome in that game. I like scaling buildings with it and tearing poo poo down and I think it's a cool extension to the Riddler puzzles. The king of the hill/swarm battles with the tanks are cool and I feel like a badass when I zip right into the perfect position to avoid 20 tank shots.

If Arkham Knight is bad for anything it's being absolutely bloated with Ubisoft levels of open world bullshit. Hated shutting down the military outposts. Didn't need even half as many Riddler trophies. I still need to go back and finish the game on the hardest difficulty. I haven't even cracked open any of the side story missions; not even the Harley Quinn thing that came with my pre-order.

Yeah, Joker theme park was claustrophobic and just not fun at all to navigate.

I really enjoyed the batmobile segments, had a lot of fun just driving around town in it while drifting. I was really disappointed with the Harley Quinn dlc though, seemed really short and boring.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
And I remember getting chased out of the Batman thread for saying this but (Arkham Knight end game spoilers) the end where you're playing FPS Joker just shooting fuckers left and right and plugging Batman villains while Mark Hamill cracks wise was loving great. I'd play a whole goddamn Batman game where ol' Bats relinquishes himself to his inner Joker and just fucks everything up in Gotham. Doesn't have to be canon; just make it an Otherworlds story or whatever. It was cool. I'd like to see more of it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Finished The Order, it was much longer than I thought it was. Abouth eight hours or but that's including reloads. I wish it didn't actually suck, the graphics and audio were pretty good, it's the one time that steampunk didn't suck, the voice acting was pretty good and the plot was fine, the guns were cool, but everything else about the gameplay was awful.

The best thing about The Order is the photo mode. You can pretty much take the camera anywhere and it's stunning the amount of detail they put into every nook and cranny in that game. It's truly gorgeous.

Which makes it all the more funny to me that Ready at Dawn went from something like that to something like Deformers, a $30 multiplayer-only title that's really, really unfun and so bare bones.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Maybe it's because I've been playing Forza Horizon 3 at 4k/100+fps but GT Sport looks like rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsNNTNWwkDU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I also liked the batmobile. AK was my first Batman game and I'd have played the whole thing in the Batmobile. The melee combat was super meh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think its gonna be hard to judge via youtube what it looks like. To me it looks like every other car game video on youtube but they talk about how hdr is great in it and all the materials look real. Im glad i dont like racing sims. Fans always seem really picky about their circle simulator

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks for the Furi tips. I managed to beat the second boss. Hopefully I will get the hang of things. The walking sim in between levels is kind of lame though

The character designs are great however

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 14, 2017

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

I think its gonna be hard to judge via youtube what it looks like. To me it looks like every other car game video on youtube but they talk about how hdr is great in it and all the materials look real. Im glad i dont like racing sims. Fans always seem really picky about their circle simulator

I dunno, here's the FH3 video by comparison. Huge difference even on youtube IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxftTXJSVVE

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Maybe it's because I've been playing Forza Horizon 3 at 4k/100+fps but GT Sport looks like rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsNNTNWwkDU

Looks really solid for a console game. I wouldn't even try and compare it to a something running on a high end pc. Even on pro, you're going to be looking at the equivalent of medium graphic settings compared to the latest rigs

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I think I have been ruined on console games. I'm one of those guys now. :( But I fuckin suck at kb/m and still love fpses!!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks for the Furi tips. I managed to beat the second boss. Hopefully I will get the hang of things. The walking sim in between levels is kind of lame though

The character designs are great however

If you hit a button, I think x, the guy will just automatically walk. It's still boring but you just sit back and watch rather than having to do anything.

Once you beat the game you unlock stage select and never have to do the walking parts again if you don't want to.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK this section in Furi's third level where you have to bust through walls slowly with charged shots while dodging bullets is lame again and if every boss has some timesink thing that makes it even more punishing to start from the beginning, I think I'm going to play AC Syndicate instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK this section in Furi's third level where you have to bust through walls slowly with charged shots while dodging bullets is lame again and if every boss has some timesink thing that makes it even more punishing to start from the beginning, I think I'm going to play AC Syndicate instead

If you're not enjoying Furi by the third boss you're​ probably not going to. I forced myself through a couple more and it wasn't worth it.