Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh my god. From Hellboy?! YES IT IS! Ahahaha, what a find. I love the references in this show.

EDIT: Also Akko was totally doing the Gunbuster pose at the prow of the ship.

it was also just behind Mjolnir.

The animation budget being almost entirely blown on the ship scenes, especially the batman/x-men/super friends (maybe?) ship takeoff out of water was just :magical:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe Acco and Connie are huge fans and ripped off the idea intentionally.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

it was also just behind Mjolnir.

The animation budget being almost entirely blown on the ship scenes, especially the batman/x-men/super friends (maybe?) ship takeoff out of water was just :magical:

Also in that screenshot are the owl from Clash of the Titans and the scarab from Cronos. Someone said they saw the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, but I can't spot it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Ah! I was wondering where i knew that owl from.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oooohh! What does this button do....?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This episode does make me wonder if Constanze is actually mute or otherwise can't talk. That'd be pretty cool if she was, but she's perfect either way :allears:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
She makes some grunts and stuff. It'll be interesting to see if it's ever addressed.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I want Cons' Macintosh with that Skype that turns into QuickTime and also muisc.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Being able to grunt and make sounds but otherwise not speak (But still understand speech and language no problem,) is possible; certain forms of aphasia and autism can cause this.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I'm assuming most of these are references to something. Chrondigizoit?

The only thing I can think of during a sequence like this is how much I want to see a video of the voice recording being done:
https://my.mixtape.moe/hvjlpy.mp4

:krad:
https://my.mixtape.moe/ljvmtm.mp4

I felt compelled to make an av, if anyone wants it feel free:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

This episode does make me wonder if Constanze is actually mute or otherwise can't talk. That'd be pretty cool if she was, but she's perfect either way :allears:

She looks like she's going for sign language before giving up when she tries to get that blender from that chef. Pretty sure she is indeed mute.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

:allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

holy crap chrondigizoit IS from Digimon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

holy crap chrondigizoit IS from Digimon.

There's also a LotR and a Gulliver's Travels reference.

This episode probably took up as much budget as the finale did I'd wager. I'm guessing the next episode is focused on Jasminka (given the previous two episodes) and may not be as budget intensive becasue of the previous one.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
90% of the budget went to snacks.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Hargrimm posted:

I felt compelled to make an av, if anyone wants it feel free:

Yoink! Thank you comrade.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also a LotR and a Gulliver's Travels reference.

This episode probably took up as much budget as the finale did I'd wager. I'm guessing the next episode is focused on Jasminka (given the previous two episodes) and may not be as budget intensive becasue of the previous one.

Maybe we'll get a cooking episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Constanze's hat game is on point.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

My jaw dropped when the ship did the thing. Just when I thought this show couldn't get more perfect, too.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
This was a very good episode.

Also I just remembered this cool little animation that Takafumi Hori posted back in 2016 after the series was announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zg6MO7Dbs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meat Beat Agent posted:

This was a very good episode.

Also I just remembered this cool little animation that Takafumi Hori posted back in 2016 after the series was announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7zg6MO7Dbs

I like how it's described as a doodle as though his doodles aren't better than 99% of the things most people will ever draw putting all of their effort into it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the scoring for the super robot scene sucked and i'm sad for that. the ost is chosen better than this :(

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/KETAJET/status/863331423997931520

clap emoji

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wait there's a manga

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was losing sleep over this firmly long established fact, I'm glad the nightmare is over.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 13, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Wait there's a manga

Yeah, manga?! What manga!! I've only ever seen a one-shot!

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Nice to know my country of origin is represented by best character

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Wait there's a manga
there are four; one of them is a oneshot and one is an adaptation of the anime

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Hm, I'll have to check the others out. Thanks

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Malloc Voidstar posted:

What/where are the other 2?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I was wondering if there has been an official statement from Netflix US regarding when they plan on streaming the series. For some reason I heard that they were going to stream the first 13 episodes first, but now it seems more likely that it'll be after the series is over. I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with how Netflix has held the series back without any release date so far.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Gobolatula posted:

I was wondering if there has been an official statement from Netflix US regarding when they plan on streaming the series. For some reason I heard that they were going to stream the first 13 episodes first, but now it seems more likely that it'll be after the series is over. I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with how Netflix has held the series back without any release date so far.
netflix doesn't care about you, they only care about users who want to watch entire shows in one day

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I think we all are assuming the same, which does suck. I don't think the way Netflix handles anime is good at all, but it seems they are unwilling to change their business model all that quickly.

There are some shows (like Chappelle's comedy bits in different cities) that seem to be episodic, but there's a much larger gap between episodes than a weekly anime. Hopefully they change sometime soon.

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011
My understanding is that Netflix Japan is simulcasting the episodes there. Western Netfix is being stingy and waiting until the season is over because getting 25 episodes subbed in one batch is cheaper than paying for weekly subs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be surprised if that's how that works. It's 25 episodes being subbed with all that entails, when you do it doesn't change the end workload.

It might just be their (wrong) opinion that it'll do better if you can binge it instead of weekly.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Netflix uses contractors and pays per minute of show translated. I don't think there's any "discount" for subbing an entire show at once.

The only reason I've seen for why they wait is that supposedly most of their users prefer to binge shows. Not sure they bothered to ask "does this mean you want us to wait until the show is over to stream it?"

Supgaiz
Jun 27, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Netflix uses contractors and pays per minute of show translated. I don't think there's any "discount" for subbing an entire show at once.

The only reason I've seen for why they wait is that supposedly most of their users prefer to binge shows. Not sure they bothered to ask "does this mean you want us to wait until the show is over to stream it?"

Oh, huh, that had been the main reason I saw people giving for this, but (unsurprisingly I suppose) they had no idea what they were talking about. Netflix even has their per minute rates for subs from language X to Y available here. They really are probably just holding it back for the sake of binging. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I think this is the first two-parter in the show? It was a pretty neat episode, regardless! Diana's good and episodes that focus on her are good.

• Locked thread