Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

I couldn't even finish Sandy Wexler but the bar is so low with Sandler, I can recognize that the half movie I watched was the best thing he has done in years. It still sucked though.

I have to admit, I laughed when the raccoon exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Sounds great

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Sens8 s02 e04 the final is absolute beautiful.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

really enjoying Master of None 2 so far. If you liked season 1 you'll like season 2 (I think it's better so far)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

really enjoying Master of None 2 so far. If you liked season 1 you'll like season 2 (I think it's better so far)

I'm stoked. Season one hit me really hard at a perfect moment in my life. Even though I guess it got rave reviews it still seems underrated to me.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

coyo7e posted:

Stake Land 2: Stake HarderThe Stakelander is up on netflix, I just noticed. It wasn't quite as fun as the first one but was still pretty good.

I was conflicted about Stake Land, because I loved the first half—I don't think I've ever watched anything that depicted a halfway-postapocalypse, where there are surviving pockets of blue-collar middle-of-nowhere locales still scrounging to stay alive like that, and I love seeing any unique take on that material. spoilz i guess But that was my favorite stuff from the first one; once it crossed over into the fighting stuff (and especially in the final quarter, hunting down that one single cheesy-rear end vampire guy) I was less interested. Does 2 contain anything about the postapoc society or it is just stabbin vampires? (that doesn't necessarily mean i won't watch it, i'd just be more interested in the first case)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm stoked. Season one hit me really hard at a perfect moment in my life. Even though I guess it got rave reviews it still seems underrated to me.

Yeah it still has that under the radar feel so far

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aziz Ansari has really found his thing recently imo. I've always liked him but he had kind of annoying period where he bought into his own hype too much. He's really killed it lately with his last special and Master of None though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 14, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

BrainDance posted:

Yeah I finished it all, and I absolutely loved it but I don't think I fully understood a couple things. So. very final moment of the final episode spoiler, and some stuff that happened before that too, some stuff didn't actually happen? When she completely rejected him and he woke up. That was all a nightmare or something? But how far back didn't happen? I think his text message is supposed to be a hint as to how far back his nightmare went. But then, the very ending is the same poo poo right? But still I don't know how far back it rewinds the whole thing.

Yeah, that was a little unclear to me as well. I don't know if it was a matter of poor editing, or a stylistic choice.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

You can tell that sometimes Aziz goes for a very stylistic ~thing~ with some episodes (Bike Thief homage whatup) and it never really lands as well as when Louie does it.

Regardless, season two hasn't shown any real decline in quality from season 1 which is a relief considering how far I felt Kimmy Schmidt plummeted season to season.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

veni veni veni posted:

Aziz Ansari has really found his thing recently imo. I've always liked him but he had kind of annoying period where he bought into his own hype too much. He's really killed it lately with his last special and Master of None though.

I think his run on Scrubs permanently soured me on Ansari. I just can't stand the guy.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

weekly font posted:

You can tell that sometimes Aziz goes for a very stylistic ~thing~ with some episodes (Bike Thief homage whatup) and it never really lands as well as when Louie does it.

Regardless, season two hasn't shown any real decline in quality from season 1 which is a relief considering how far I felt Kimmy Schmidt plummeted season to season.

I don't know, I guess his artistic poo poo feels more honest than Louie. The Bicycle Thief sendup was great. But I really can't stand Louie's show because it's depressing as gently caress in all the worst ways. I still liked his new standup though

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, that was a little unclear to me as well. I don't know if it was a matter of poor editing, or a stylistic choice.

To be honest I'm just glad I'm not alone. I half expected to be come back and be called a moron for missing something really obvious since that very last scene flashback (kinda?) was so quick.

That was the one thing I can say regardless I wasn't a big fan of. I dig overly stylistic stuff, but that all seemed kinda cheap.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Timby posted:

I think his run on Scrubs permanently soured me on Ansari. I just can't stand the guy.

What a weird thing to sour you on him. He was as minor a character as you could possibly get on scrubs.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Rob posted:

What a weird thing to sour you on him. He was as minor a character as you could possibly get on scrubs.

ZWA!

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

anime tupac posted:

I was conflicted about Stake Land, because I loved the first half—I don't think I've ever watched anything that depicted a halfway-postapocalypse, where there are surviving pockets of blue-collar middle-of-nowhere locales still scrounging to stay alive like that, and I love seeing any unique take on that material. spoilz i guess But that was my favorite stuff from the first one; once it crossed over into the fighting stuff (and especially in the final quarter, hunting down that one single cheesy-rear end vampire guy) I was less interested. Does 2 contain anything about the postapoc society or it is just stabbin vampires? (that doesn't necessarily mean i won't watch it, i'd just be more interested in the first case)

Stakeland 2 is basically that but worse.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

married but discreet posted:

Stakeland 2 is basically that but worse.
Eh, it's more of a revenge movie, I guess, mainly? It's a lot more like a fast zombie movie though, now.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

If you're looking for a B movie to watch, I highly recommend Dragonfyre on Netflix. It's like someone took all the left over orc costumes from LoTR and Bert's gun shack from Tremors and mashed them together on a set that's cheaper than Phonebooth. A+++++ would watch again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OVym2mHuFg

Sammus fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 15, 2017

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Norm MacDonald has a new special on Netflix and I'm in awe of how someone so late in their career can be at the absolute top of their game. I'm not sure I've ever seen him this funny.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Norm MacDonald has a new special on Netflix and I'm in awe of how someone so late in their career can be at the absolute top of their game. I'm not sure I've ever seen him this funny.

Yeah it was a great special. I love how meandering his comedy is. Norm is great

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

That special was amazing

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Just watched it and it was great. He has a talent for pointing out hilarious menial bullshit that you'll keep giggling at for days because it's such dull, common subject matter.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yeah Norm's new special was loving hilarious. He is so ridiculously dry in every way, and it's amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You guys really need to get the audiobook of Norm's "autobiography". After that, it wasn't so surprising to me that his special was so good.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

precision posted:

You guys really need to get the audiobook of Norm's "autobiography". After that, it wasn't so surprising to me that his special was so good.

I just read the book version, but I can only imagine how great his delivery on the answering machines bit was.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
And I love that Norm isn't out promoting the special life crazy, and instead says "Eh, it kinda sucks"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three is way more humorous than I thought it was going to be.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three is way more humorous than I thought it was going to be.
The original? I really love the lengths they went through to set up the joke about Matthau thinking the undercover cop is a woman because he has long hair. Every time they mention the cop they're like "remember, we don't know who it is - it could be a woman!" all for that payoff in the end. Dunno which streaming service it's on, though - looks like US Netflix doesn't have it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Mindhorn has Steve Coogan, so I can already tell I'm going to like it

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The original? I really love the lengths they went through to set up the joke about Matthau thinking the undercover cop is a woman because he has long hair. Every time they mention the cop they're like "remember, we don't know who it is - it could be a woman!" all for that payoff in the end. Dunno which streaming service it's on, though - looks like US Netflix doesn't have it.

Yeah, the original's on Prime. The gag with the japanese businessmen at the beginning was also pretty great. Same with them setting up the motorman with a cold and that look Matthau gave at the end after he instinctively said gesundheit after the motorman sneezed.

What a great movie.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 15, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

I just looked this up and welp I know what I'm watching right the gently caress now (it's on US Netflix, to save anyone else the Google)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A MIRACLE posted:

Coogan is in it for all of 2 minutes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Yeah, but it stars Julien Barratt which is even better.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah, but it stars Julien Barratt which is even better.

poo poo I haven't heard that name in a long, long time. I kinda thought he died or something.

Whats he been doing with his life the past decade?

Edit: Don't mean that in any way as a slam on the man. I'm genuinely happy to hear that he's back in something. I don't even know what show you guys are talking about but just because he's in it I'm gonna check it out.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 15, 2017

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
Did someone​ watched "Jamestown"?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

BrainDance posted:

poo poo I haven't heard that name in a long, long time. I kinda thought he died or something.

Whats he been doing with his life the past decade?

Edit: Don't mean that in any way as a slam on the man. I'm genuinely happy to hear that he's back in something. I don't even know what show you guys are talking about but just because he's in it I'm gonna check it out.

Still doing Boosh related stuff mainly.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Call Me Charlie posted:

The last shot is a straight-up masterpiece.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

The last shot is a straight-up masterpiece.

Absolutely, more movies should end on extreme close-ups of Walter Matthau's ridiculous face.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
If someone is not sure about Sense8 S 02. If you liked the first season you will realy like the second too. It has more action. More story progress. More sex. And awsome partys ... and perfect highlight episodes (one is absolut great)

I'm open for suggestion's for a new show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Friend, have you heard of American Gods