Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

KoldPT posted:

Does anyone have a chance against Joanna? Rose, maybe?

After the karate hottie fight I thought Rose would stand a small but realistic chance if the right situation came up, but after last nights fight I don't think she'll even come close. The only way I see Joanna losing is by someone dominating her over 5 rounds like Cody against Cruz, and I can't think of who that would be.

E: Schevchenko has no less than 3 amateur wins over Joanna. Maybe if Bullet can make 125, where Joanna has made it very clear she wants to go.

evobatman fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jon anik sucks

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

evobatman posted:

E: Schevchenko has no less than 3 amateur wins over Joanna. Maybe if Bullet can make 125, where Joanna has made it very clear she wants to go.

I'm gonna guess that neither of them were amateurs and were in fact competing in a different sport. They also fought at 125lbs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rose is going to get her rear end kicked because she's not that good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
JJ loudly intones HA! HA! while chomping at the doughnut repeatedly, doughnut's frosting gets a little red.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Stipe would kill jon jones

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

It'd be like the Gus fight except everything would hurt Jones instead of just bothering him slightly.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bundt Cake posted:

This is a thing I'd enjoy watching

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Who is the guy in stipes corner that looks like tim Johnson/Wayne gretzky

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is Jones on cocaine in this hypothetical? Affects my opinion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The very end of this paragraph makes the rest of it seem much less impressive.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I know it's heavyweight and all, but drat, first round KOs of Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row is impressive as hell.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Will Stipe Miocic finally be the first heavyweight to dethrone Tim Sylvia?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cain Velasquez is probably getting someone's corpse attached to something or other right now and all the other heavyweights are either poo poo or potentially not poo poo but too green for him, so yeah, I reckon so.

That said, I think he'd beat Cain even if Cain wasn't made of paper.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

big money big clit posted:

I know it's heavyweight and all, but drat, first round KOs of Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row is impressive as hell.

Yah its an extremely impressive run

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

andrade will have her day i think .. shes got time

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

david carmichael posted:

Who is the guy in stipes corner that looks like tim Johnson/Wayne gretzky

Who is the guy in Stipe's corner who looks like every single kid who plays ultimate frisbee

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Did it seem weird to anyone else that Maia didn't have any sort of gameplan for dealing with Masvidal's kicks? He's got a style that should theoretically be really punishing for guys with kick-heavy offense, but instead just relied on his classic single leg, which Masvidal obviously trained for.

Is catching kicks something that's super hard to train, like it'd be unrealistic for Maia to add that to his game at this point in his career?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I was running a pretty high fever but didn't Maia catch one? Also masvidal wasn't loading up so it's harder to react, and maia's reflexes aren't his best asset

Also I could see maia's willingness to play off his back/work from sprawl getting him into trouble against Woodley. Masvidal got some good shots in and Woodley has much better power

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I still think it is funny how big the belt is compared to her. The tiniest undisputed champion.

Bundt Cake posted:

kensei posted:

This is a thing I'd enjoy watching

Seconded.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Stipe weighs like 8 pounds of non gut weight more than jones, is the same height as him, has less reach, isn't actually more skilled than jones in any aspect of MMA (except for standup he wont be able to use while repeatedly being poked in the area of his head above the nose / kicked in his knee), has a worse gas tank, and has spent the past year fighting dinosaurs, which I'll go ahead and call a push with jones not fighting at all. Close fight, but I give it to Jones.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Joanna's much better at keeping range than I knew, and Jessica is much worse and smaller than I knew, even for 115.
The brute force wrestling was sad. Joanna got lifted up and slammed, right on her feet. ouch

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Hey folks, been too busy to pop in.

Is Stipe some kind of secret confirmed serial killer or just a big fireman with confidence? I swear that dude looks like he chokes people to death for money and it's a new look.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Is Stipe some kind of secret confirmed serial killer or just a big fireman with confidence?

He's just a Brock Lesnar style manlyman. He's pretty much a less pathetic Tim Sylvia. He'd have fun hanging out with Matt Hughes instead of getting bullied by him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Stipe weighs like 8 pounds of non gut weight more than jones, is the same height as him, has less reach, isn't actually more skilled than jones in any aspect of MMA (except for standup he wont be able to use while repeatedly being poked in the area of his head above the nose / kicked in his knee), has a worse gas tank, and has spent the past year fighting dinosaurs, which I'll go ahead and call a push with jones not fighting at all. Close fight, but I give it to Jones.

Not 100% on the gas because Jones doesn't fight guys who are his size. There's a reason he cuts to 205 when dominating HW would be worth more money. He's not that kind of stupid

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chillanese posted:

He's just a Brock Lesnar style manlyman. He's pretty much a less pathetic Tim Sylvia. He'd have fun hanging out with Matt Hughes instead of getting bullied by him.

Stipe seems like a chill dude who wouldn't be down with torturing animals imo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

KoldPT posted:

Does anyone have a chance against Joanna? Rose, maybe?

No-one's going to outwork and outland Joanna over a 5-round fight like Cody did against Dom. She does get hit but it's very rarely flush due to her movement and distance control, so If she loses on the feet it'll be to someone with absolute one-hit KO power and the timing to actually connect properly (not that anyone like that currently exists at 115). More likely is that she comes up against someone whose takedowns she can't stop and gets subbed early on before she's had the chance to do much damage. Claudia might possibly win another fight if she went all-out for the sub in the first couple of rounds.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
The Stipe that walked out to that ring seemed fundamentally different but who knows. Didn't know if he was a doofus, because they can replicate that killer look if they are lucky. He made me a fan last night.

Does Rose have any chance in the next two years against Joanna? I like her skill set but not her experience level. I hope the fight doesn't happen soon.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No nobody is gonna clown and humiliate jj as badly as Cody did to Cruz but she could be beat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
remember when Rory schooled Maia and Woodley back to back?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

The Stipe that walked out to that ring seemed fundamentally different but who knows. Didn't know if he was a doofus, because they can replicate that killer look if they are lucky. He made me a fan last night.

Does Rose have any chance in the next two years against Joanna? I like her skill set but not her experience level. I hope the fight doesn't happen soon.

I really like Rose, but I'm trying to be realistic about this:

- she's got decent subs, and his sometimes sneaky with them, but Joanna isn't likely to get all scrambley with her if it hits the ground, and Joanna is really good at getting up off of takedowns

- her kickboxing is ok, and she's got some decent pop to her kicks, but Joanna is much better, not to mention that Rose freezes up a lot or just implements bad gameplans.

Clearest path to victory: hail mary sub, I guess

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Anthony Johnson revealed that he is going to work in the cannabis industry.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
She needs to add some clean, technical defense to her striking camp. Pat Barry is the guy who got her where she is, but he sure as gently caress isn't going to teach good defense.

Rose is good at being shifty. She should fight like Maia in my mind but he hail mary shots work at this level.

I bet he would agree.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 15, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

remember when Rory schooled Maia and Woodley back to back?

Rory drat near lost to Maia when Maia made an unforced error from top position in the third allowing Rory to get back up. I think a rematch would look much the same. I miss Rory.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I wasn't in the thread last night. Any thoughts on Maia looking flat? I thought he would do his thing better than that. Has to be the most "We are completely out of options" title shot ever.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i miss rory too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I miss the Rory that was willing to commit to exchanges and trade on the feet with excellent strikers. The Rory that was broken by Final Form Robbie Lawler.

I bet Rory misses that Rory too :smith:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

what a world we live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
2/3 Judges give Masvidal the first round which he spent the entirety of being back mounted. Fantastic

• Locked thread