Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mondian posted:

Or any good, as it turns out

Lore appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It should have a buff that's like Go Down Fighting but it gives all the benefits to an ally while you get oneshot to make a big battle look more intense.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

McSpanky posted:

It should have a buff that's like Go Down Fighting but it gives all the benefits to an ally while you get oneshot to make a big battle look more intense.

Console - Universal - Sisko's Dead Wife

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Console - Universal - I stab at thee

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Technical Analysis posted:

Console - Universal - I stab at thee

I think you mean Console - Hell's Heart - I stab at thee

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gotta come with the Genesis torpedo.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

FuturePastNow posted:

Gotta come with the Genesis torpedo.

On use: creates planet, erases self from memory of everyone in the galaxy.

Jxforema fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 14, 2017

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Genesis based self destruct device, massive damage to everything in a 15 km radius, 5 second charge up, plays "From hells heart I stab at thee" when activated.

Damage from the console is scaled up even higher when used on the T1 Miranda.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Can be used in space social zones.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Jxforema posted:

On use: creates planet, erases self from memory of everyone in the galaxy.

Planet size scales with EPG and CtrlX

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Mondian posted:

No loving way that releases as anything but an R&D promo pack

The upcoming T6 Miranda and its KDF/Rom counterparts (QeHpu' Advanced Light Battlecruiser and Deleth Advanced Light Warbird), are all C-Store: they all have fleet variants.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If any of you play as an engineer, you should get the kit module from the new rep. It costs 250 marks, no elite marks, and like 3k dil.

Its a 'flare mortar' and shoots red illumination flares in the air that create a bright red dynamic lighting effect over a large area.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!

Tigey posted:

The upcoming T6 Miranda and its KDF/Rom counterparts (QeHpu' Advanced Light Battlecruiser and Deleth Advanced Light Warbird), are all C-Store: they all have fleet variants.

I wonder what the Rom/KDF counterparts will be modeled after since we already have a T6 B'Rel/T'Varo/T'liss/D7.

Maybe a Vor'cha? Not a light battlecruiser, but still probably the only canon KDF ship not at T6... Even though I can't remember if the K'tinga has one.
For the Rom one I can't think of anything though, so it will probably be a previously unseen design

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

GioSPL posted:

I wonder what the Rom/KDF counterparts will be modeled after since we already have a T6 B'Rel/T'Varo/T'liss/D7.

Maybe a Vor'cha? Not a light battlecruiser, but still probably the only canon KDF ship not at T6... Even though I can't remember if the K'tinga has one.
For the Rom one I can't think of anything though, so it will probably be a previously unseen design

You can still gently caress off thanks.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

You can still gently caress off thanks.

:golfclap:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This J4G should have tried applying to the APB goons first.

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!

Tigey posted:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502673

C-store it indeed is...

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

If any of you play as an engineer, you should get the kit module from the new rep. It costs 250 marks, no elite marks, and like 3k dil.

Its a 'flare mortar' and shoots red illumination flares in the air that create a bright red dynamic lighting effect over a large area.

This is the reason I needed to log on.

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas

DonDoodles posted:

This is the reason I needed to log on.

You're just in time Nbreeki, You need a Platinum Account to view this message

ggie
Mar 23, 2017
Hi i am ggie and i am very active and i play everyday . and i am down to earthi am really a nice and easy going person.i want to join starfleet dental because i know i will make a good one.I am at level 60 now and i have another toon to put in the starfleet academy

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

ggie posted:

Hi i am ggie and i am very active and i play everyday . and i am down to earthi am really a nice and easy going person.i want to join starfleet dental because i know i will make a good one.I am at level 60 now and i have another toon to put in the starfleet academy

That's not 250 words, GG.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh he's adorable can we keep him.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
I don't get it. The dental chat channel is almost constantly dead. I'm literally the only member of the dental fleet online right now. The whole game is fairly empty - it often takes me 5+ minutes to get a pug queue going on the STFs that aren't even a month old. And yet we have two J4Gs trying to get in simultaneously. Why?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Bitch, I'm online too.

But yeah, what the gently caress with you people

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
At this point I'm not convinced it's not just one of you loving about in the thread because there is SFA to do in game.

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

fakemirage posted:

I don't think Grimrak remembers us anymore. :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

g0del posted:

I don't get it. The dental chat channel is almost constantly dead. I'm literally the only member of the dental fleet online right now. The whole game is fairly empty - it often takes me 5+ minutes to get a pug queue going on the STFs that aren't even a month old. And yet we have two J4Gs trying to get in simultaneously. Why?

Pubbies are trying to get in on SFDs secrets

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Especially after the latest ransomware news.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

Especially after the latest ransomware news.

The NYTimes has an article about how "signs point" to NK lol

:getin:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/864323105010757632

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.
Over the course of 300 years the federation developed some over compensation issues.
(first pizza cutter I've seen in ages so I was reminded just how retardedly huge they are)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

The NYTimes has an article about how "signs point" to NK lol

:getin:

The US media is about on mark regarding any particular mystery hackers as they are about anything else.

To be totally clear I'm saying they couldn't tell their own arses from their boots.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Stats Blog

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10502913-advanced-light-cruiser-bundle-stats%21

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Codex Occultus posted:

Over the course of 300 years the federation developed some over compensation issues.
(first pizza cutter I've seen in ages so I was reminded just how retardedly huge they are)

Even though I've gone back to my HEC since cannons are good again, I still break my J out and cruise around ESD screwing up RP docking runs and poo poo every couple of days.

ggie
Mar 23, 2017
hi this is ggie and i am very active and i am down to earth. i am easy i am very friendly and i want in the star fleet dental because i know i can make a good one.i am now level 60 toon .i have another one to put in the star fleet academy.i will make them work and get up off of there butts and make do stuff for the fleet for them self .I want to show them i can do this .i will do this

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
Please stop picking on people who are young, naive, and possibly sick. Does it make you star wars nerds feel good to pick on the weak? First time the lot of you got to hold this side of the stick I imagine. The Jedi salute makes a big V down the middle of your fingers to signal to one another you're a big pussy. This thread seems like a manlet jerkoff circle full of dumbasses who couldn't make it on a real MMO.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Man, this thread was way cooler when it was as dead as the game.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mondian posted:

Man, this thread was way cooler when it was as dead as the game.

I play STO because I bought a lifetime sub like five years ago. I also play GW2 because I already bought it five years ago, too.

That's it. I play no other MMOs and I don't even really like these two, but my life is meaningless trudgery. At least I get Skinner Boxed when I waste my time online. Sweet, sweet endorphins.

edit: wow, what in incredibly sad top of page snipe - keeping it because it is appropriate and something we should all keep in mind. Games cannot fill the void in our lives, but they can temporarily hide it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

general anime posted:

Please stop picking on people who are young, naive, and possibly sick. Does it make you star wars nerds feel good to pick on the weak? First time the lot of you got to hold this side of the stick I imagine. The Jedi salute makes a big V down the middle of your fingers to signal to one another you're a big pussy. This thread seems like a manlet jerkoff circle full of dumbasses who couldn't make it on a real MMO.

I've played Archeage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

quote:

We are on lockdown; to join us, post your ingame name and @ handle. Once given an invite, type this into the chat window: /channel_join TheNextGooneration

I guess I'm playing again sometimes? Stardust@Geekboy

This character is actually in Starfleet Financial (which is completely dead), but being able to contribute to a live fleet so I can get my fleet ships and poo poo would be cool.

• Locked thread