Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ah okay I don't normally digitally pre order because my hard drive was one of the old 500gb ones but I did this time because I replaced it with a 2TB harddrive on my PS4 so it wasn't as big of an issue to buy it digitally. I can hope and try to play it though can't I? I sure ash heck am gonna try haha. At least in the downloads list I know I am getting Darkseid, the Powergirl skin, etc.....

Edit: I was actually dreading playing the second runthrough of RE7. I really didn't like it - only RE game that comes to mind that I didn't like. but I paid for it and I am going to get my money's worth and see the other ending haha.

Edit: if it doesn't work I'll reread JL A League of One - WW Odyssey, and several other of my WW comics - the go start RE7 again haha - I hate waking up in the middle of the night haha.

It's not going to work. It's just downloading in advance so you don't have to wait on the release day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Jay Garrick footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP5d-UCLGZo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The voice actor is very good for the old hero roll. Doing a Flash mirror match was probably the best choice too lol.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jay seems perfectly handled. Got that old-school comic cheese in his voice, looks goofy in an accurate way.

Flash has two real good premier skins and I still don't think I'll be using either one just because his gear and shaders look so drat good.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's not going to work. It's just downloading in advance so you don't have to wait on the release day.

That's a nice bonus! since my hard drive was so small (for current gen type systems. I mostly bought everything on disk. Now I'm wondering if I can replace the PS3s 80gb hard drive with the PS4s old 500gb hard drive. I'll have to look into it as there are still some games only for PS3 and that thing has had it's harddrive full for quite a bit. Fortunately my internet usage isn't capped but man it's a paid to delete 1-3 games and redownload 1- then delete that and download the others haha. Verizon probably hates me haha!

This is the hardrive I got for my PS4 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX13P71/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the old harddrive is the stock one that came with it = would that work for PS3?

I also still have my old PS2 on the shelf but since it doesn't have a hard drive it's just sitting on the shelf because I don't have the games anymore haha.

Either way I set my Echo Dot to remind me and sound and alarm when I can start playing it. I can't wait to try our poison ivy, scarecrow, and Powergirl (does she have her boob window? I couldn't find any good pictures.)

Edit =typos galore I hate this keyboard I miss my old clickety clack IBM keyboard, I could always type perfect on it - these laptop style keyboards suck.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 14, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I buy an arcade stick for this? I see pros playing with PS4 controllers

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man they pretty much messed up everything with making Freeze.

After seeing him using Captain Cold's moveset and animations I would've been okay waiting for a separate DLC character down the road (and already waiting for the PC version hey, maybe...). In my mind Freeze leans more in the direction of Darkseid, slower and heavier with a bait and counter strategy, modeled after his boss fight in Arkham City. Him being a skin of Cold down to the super just feels weird.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Either way I set my Echo Dot to remind me and sound and alarm when I can start playing it. I can't wait to try our poison ivy, scarecrow, and Powergirl (does she have her boob window? I couldn't find any good pictures.)

This is her Injustice look:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Not really a boob window but at least it's not her New52 costume from Worlds Finest that was constantly getting torn to shreds in the boob area - man that costume was awful.

Seriously what was DC thinking at the time?: I wonder if Supergirl will get a red lantern skin since Atrocitus is in the game.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, the way the inputs are in this game, even people who play on stick hate playing it on stick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP5d-UCLGZo

anyone notice in the Robin match, he brings out the old Nightwing staff? seems it's a hidden ability trait you can put on him.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I guess the game's close enough to officially released that they don't care about story mode spoilers anymore, you can see all the cutscenes on Youtube now.

Superman ending spoilers: I hope Superman of Borg is an unlockable costume, that was some evil poo poo right there

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

All the more reason for me to do story first then, I think.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm down for story spoilers because Ed Boon seems the PC unworthy of same day release.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

I'm down for story spoilers because Ed Boon seems the PC unworthy of same day release.

I mean after the last couple WB PC ports I wouldn't buy the thing on that platform anyhow

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I mean after the last couple WB PC ports I wouldn't buy the thing on that platform anyhow

Mortal Kombat XL, Just Cause 3, and Shadows of Mordor had great ports.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

Didn't the last MKX DLC pack never even come out on Steam?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MKXL eventually hit Steam and had NRS's version of GGPO.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They released it. Amazingly.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do Premiums have back and forths between every character or just say something generic? I saw a couple dialogs between Mr Freeze and Batman

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do Premiums have back and forths between every character or just say something generic? I saw a couple dialogs between Mr Freeze and Batman

They're supposed to have specific dialog for all the cast, yeah.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I know premium skins don't get gear aesthetics, but can you use shaders on them, or are they completely locked into that one look and those colors?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I know premium skins don't get gear aesthetics, but can you use shaders on them, or are they completely locked into that one look and those colors?

The premium skins themselves count as a shader I believe.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

ImpAtom posted:

The premium skins themselves count as a shader I believe.

Ahhhhhboooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

People who bought original Mortal Kombat X on PC though got royally hosed over with a terrible port. It took a long time for MKX PC to be in an acceptable state and people had to double dip for the privilege of a working copy of the game after already buying it. Then there was the embarrassing Arkham Knight port.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

I said come in! posted:

People who bought original Mortal Kombat X on PC though got royally hosed over with a terrible port. It took a long time for MKX PC to be in an acceptable state and people had to double dip for the privilege of a working copy of the game after already buying it. Then there was the embarrassing Arkham Knight port.

MKX and Arkham Knight were outsourced lovely ports.

This is why I stated MKXL and not MKX. And considering how good the other non Arkham Knight ports were, they obviously learned from the bad press.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I just saw Scarecrow's command grab. Rad. Freddy plz.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
If they make a Bizarro premiere skin, or even better make Bizarro a DLC character, all will be forgiven and I will main him forever

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Superman's moveset but your controls are inverted by default and he does a victory pose/line on a loss and vice versa

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bizarro punches himself at the character select screen, as the other character grimaces in confusion

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Mover posted:

Superman's moveset but your controls are inverted by default and he does a victory pose/line on a loss and vice versa

As if Multiversity mode wouldn't have a Bizzarro modifier

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When you use a super on Bizarro your character just cries through the whole animation.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bizarro would be a solid DLC Pack 3 character and would let NRS have so much fun with him. Instead of like, Raiden or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-loading Injustice 2 now on PS4. Tomorrow night can't come soon enough. :f5:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Premium Skins are themselves shaders, like was mentioned above, but also there's more than one version of their shader with different colorschemes. I know all of the ones we've seen so far get at least two shaders, it's possible there's more variants or they could make more later.

Reverse Flash's 2nd skin looks real good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/aDfjNbB.gifv

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Doesn't Mr. Freeze need his helmet to survive?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Not the New 52 Redesign which the skin is based off of.

He's either in the game or he's not. I'm happy he's in

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

KOMI posted:

Doesn't Mr. Freeze need his helmet to survive?

he's got some kind of tubing going from his harness to a thing on his head, which I guess is supposed to do what the helmet does without needing the dome? it doesn't look as good though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

scarecrow is so loving bizarre, they really went all-out with this idea and it owns.

I still feel like the only character who doesn't look like fun to play is Cyborg. They said he's a projectile-focused character but his poo poo is outclassed by Deadshot, Fate, and Firestorm---he gets a keepaway vacuum attack and a Roomba but he just doesn't look like he has the versatility or extra tools that the other 3 ultra-zoners have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I play stick for most games(and did for inj1 as well) but I will tell you right now that pad is the better option for injustice 2. I will be switching to pad for inj2 as well.

The 4 button layout with mb being on r2 is just easier to manipulate on pad in the end. In inj1 I wound up using my pinky to mb a lot and it was quite uncomfortable.

• Locked thread