Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can't wait for everyone not-Gohan to turn on Goku when they realize there is no money/cruise ship/dragonballs.

I assumed he was just gonna ask Bulma to pay the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I'm hoping Gowasu freaks out last second grabs a time ring and demands Black be present at the tournament.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Momomo posted:

I assumed he was just gonna ask Bulma to pay the bill.

I know she's rich but is she really like, 80 billion rich? What's a zenny worth? Has it even been established just how rich she is?

Also, if she's the sponsor I really want to see the entire team wearing Capsule CorpŠ outfits.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I know she's rich but is she really like, 80 billion rich? What's a zenny worth? Has it even been established just how rich she is?

Also, if she's the sponsor I really want to see the entire team wearing Capsule CorpŠ outfits.

Her family owns the patent on technology that lets you shrink your car/house/boat/plane into a pocket sized capsule. This is assuming she doesn't sell any of the other stuff she has, you know like artificial gravity, FTL space ships, sentient AI, time travel, etc.

I'm pretty sure she has infinite money. And if she doesn't Piccolo can just use his powers to create a pile of gold/money/whatever out of nothing.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 14, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Momomo posted:

I feel like Frieza coming back just makes Resurrection F more pointless, not less, since they could've had all of that stuff happen right now.

In fairness, they probably wouldn't have bothered going for Frieza now if he didn't show off his fancy Golden form.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Has Freiza ever met kid Trunks?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

khwarezm posted:

In fairness, they probably wouldn't have bothered going for Frieza now if he didn't show off his fancy Golden form.

Yeah in the grand scheme of things it's his returning only to get dunked on by Trunks that didn't serve any purpose. It easily could've just been King Cold coming to Earth for revenge and getting bodied by Trunks, and then Freeza doesn't return until the movie.

Of course, Trunks vs. Freeza is one of the coolest scenes in Dragonball and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A zenni is roughly equivalent to the yen. So a penny, basically. 10 million zenni is 100,000 dollars.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can't wait for everyone not-Gohan to turn on Goku when they realize there is no money/cruise ship/dragonballs.

Well, I guess there is one wish but who gets it? "I wish for everyone to get what they wanted from this tournament." means no saving the other universes so obviously Goku will have to do that by either punching Zeno or the power of friendship.

Goku could promise the fighters from all the other universes that they will be brought back. Then the wish could be "Fulfill all the promises I made to win this tournament!".

Could even toss a "I'm gonna kill you last" at the high priest while he's at it.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Nope

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

He did in Super

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Momomo posted:

I feel like Frieza coming back just makes Resurrection F more pointless, not less, since they could've had all of that stuff happen right now.

In general though, I feel like calling an arc pointless in Super is missing the point. The show feels way more like it was made as a celebration of the series, and less like it's furthering the lore (though it has done a lot of that). That's why we got an arc of Frieza returning, then Future Trunks (with Vegito out of nowhere even), and now they've spent the last ten episodes focusing entirely on the old cast. We're meant to be more excited about our old friends getting to return (and actually do stuff) then wondering how the events fit into some large narrative.

Just, for me personally, I think if an arc can be removed and no one notice, that's indicative of a pointless arc. Resurrection F is actually worse about this. Every other arc in DB either has lasting new characters, lasting new forms, or at least directly leads into the next one (Pilaf's arc is DB's introductory arc, and he later released King Piccolo anyway, for example).

I don't think having an arc without influence makes it bad, but it makes it less memorable, and I certainly don't like it. And, I'm really down on the arc anyway for having a bad ending.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Squallege posted:

He did in Super

When was this?

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Gotenks showed up and punched Tagoma in the dick in the Super adaptation. They promptly defused and joined the peanut gallery and I think maybe left when Piccolo got blasted?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cran posted:

Gotenks showed up and punched Tagoma in the dick in the Super adaptation. They promptly defused and joined the peanut gallery and I think maybe left when Piccolo got blasted?
IIRC they're the ones that have to take Piccolo's body to the lookout after he's killed in the battle.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 15, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Cran posted:

Just, for me personally, I think if an arc can be removed and no one notice, that's indicative of a pointless arc. Resurrection F is actually worse about this. Every other arc in DB either has lasting new characters, lasting new forms, or at least directly leads into the next one (Pilaf's arc is DB's introductory arc, and he later released King Piccolo anyway, for example).

I don't think having an arc without influence makes it bad, but it makes it less memorable, and I certainly don't like it. And, I'm really down on the arc anyway for having a bad ending.

The Revival of F arc introduced Super Saiyan Blue.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Shhh don't tell him.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Raxivace posted:

IIRC they're the ones that have to Piccolo's body to the lookout after he's killed in the battle.

Goku instant transmission'd Piccolo's body to the lookout. Then he told Goten and Trunks to fly there and explain to Dende why a corpse just got dumped on his porch.

Goku loves using IT to ding dong ditch gods.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Resurrection F is honestly just kind of bad when it turns into the big fight but if it pays off with the upcoming tournament then hell

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm sure this is just pointless speculation/wishing on my part, but considering Gohan's clearly getting some new "Ultimate" form which is different from Super Saiyan, and the biggest thing that separates him from the other Saiyans is how he powers up without changing hair colour, what if he's going for a canon counterpart to Super Saiyan 4? Normally I'd think "yeah sure", but this arc has a canon Legendary Super Saiyan in it, we came from an arc with canon Turles (though far better) as the main antagonist, and we had a subtle and hilarious jab at Baby Vegeta. Whether it's Toriyama, Toyotaro, Toei or Towhatever, clearly someone here has a taste for non-canon material. It might be Toyotaro, considering one of the Gods of Destruction he made (specifically, the robot) is directly based on GT's Luud, also called a God of Destruction himself, and he clearly liked GT to some extent considering his previous fan comic.

Admittedly, this is mostly because I liked SS4 far more than the canon forms we got afterwards, but man, it'd be cool. Gohan is finally as strong as he should be (although I'm not sure if I like how intense he suddenly is, I miss dorkdad/the GREAT SAIYAMAN, I hope we haven't lost that), give him a cool-looking form too. Or just keep his current Ultimate form but make the bang more prominent, it really helps him look far better.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm sure this is just pointless speculation/wishing on my part, but considering Gohan's clearly getting some new "Ultimate" form which is different from Super Saiyan, and the biggest thing that separates him from the other Saiyans is how he powers up without changing hair colour, what if he's going for a canon counterpart to Super Saiyan 4? Normally I'd think "yeah sure", but this arc has a canon Legendary Super Saiyan in it, we came from an arc with canon Turles (though far better) as the main antagonist, and we had a subtle and hilarious jab at Baby Vegeta. Whether it's Toriyama, Toyotaro, Toei or Towhatever, clearly someone here has a taste for non-canon material. It might be Toyotaro, considering one of the Gods of Destruction he made (specifically, the robot) is directly based on GT's Luud, also called a God of Destruction himself, and he clearly liked GT to some extent considering his previous fan comic.

Admittedly, this is mostly because I liked SS4 far more than the canon forms we got afterwards, but man, it'd be cool. Gohan is finally as strong as he should be (although I'm not sure if I like how intense he suddenly is, I miss dorkdad/the GREAT SAIYAMAN, I hope we haven't lost that), give him a cool-looking form too. Or just keep his current Ultimate form but make the bang more prominent, it really helps him look far better.

Gohan can't go SS4 he doesn't have a tail.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Why do people care about SS4 so much.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno. SSJ4 ugly and dumb.

Gohan's ultimate form should clearly be sentai based.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
SS4 broke new ground in finding the only possible way to make SS3 look...not that bad in comparison.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

khwarezm posted:

Why do people care about SS4 so much.

within the heart of every dragon ball fan lies a desire to step into the grand tour grand tour grand tour

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super Saiyan 4 is the false prophet, who wishes to deceive us from the path to Super Saiyan God.

The path of Super Saiyan 4 is truly the path to HFIL.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Anyway lets talk about how awesome Gohan is and how dumb it is hes wearing Goku's clothes. That green jumpsuit he wore for Ressurection F was cool. Or even his movie clothes would work.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Give him a modified Great Saiyaman battle suit

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Squallege posted:

Give him a modified Great Saiyaman battle suit

Obviously his new transformation is into the hero of justice, Super Saiyaman! We'll get a full henshin sequence and a theme song and all the children of the world will see JUSTICE.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I keep telling you people that SS4 is actually Super Saiyan Devil Form!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Fuego Fish posted:

Obviously his new transformation is into the hero of justice, Super Saiyaman! We'll get a full henshin sequence and a theme song and all the children of the world will see JUSTICE.

See now you make me wish he ends up with the Pride Troopers.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Fuego Fish posted:

Could we just do this? Then have DB follow Super Saiyaman! around for an arc?

He should still pose, but at this new level of intensity.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Rip Gowasu, doomed to erasure by a team more obvious jobbers than team furry.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I cant wait for their muscles to deflate like a balloon when protein'o'clock strikes in the middle of the tournament.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The whole team will get disqualified at once for drinking protein shakes and it's a very Dragonball joke

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a 40 minute fight, I'm sure they'll work out meal timings to suit the schedule.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Rhonne posted:

The Revival of F arc introduced Super Saiyan Blue.

And Whis' time reversal. But they didn't acquire SSB during RoF. RoF was just an excuse to show it off. Tournament could've done that just as well.

RoF has other problems than that, anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

it was 10 million per person so idk where you get 80 billion from

bulma's family is the richest on earth. I'm sure satan could foot this bill, let alone bulma "I'm gonna build a space ship and time machine for personal use" briefs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Didn't Satan give Goku around 100 million he didn't want/need in the first episode?

And Chi-Chi's gone and used it all somehow I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dexo posted:

Anyway lets talk about how awesome Gohan is and how dumb it is hes wearing Goku's clothes. That green jumpsuit he wore for Ressurection F was cool. Or even his movie clothes would work.

They could just do what they did in the cell games, him wearing a set of Piccolo's clothes because gently caress you dad.

• Locked thread