Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Shah deep dicking Na'Vi right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BMX tricks can be pretty cool, I'm just not sure a CSGO tournament is the place for it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

na'vi, disband

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
:stare: ELEAGUE to host $250,000 show match between Astralis and Virtus.pro :stare:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Gotta wonder if VP will even bother showing up

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Well it's nice they are giving premier teams a chance at some money. Good for Virtus.Premier

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a way to scroll back the kill feed. Like how opening to type in chat lets you see the history. Maybe in console or something.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there a way to scroll back the kill feed. Like how opening to type in chat lets you see the history. Maybe in console or something.

Nope! None that I have found, that would be real neato.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The 2v2 stuff seems pretty chill, but it'd be nice if they did more of the non-traditional maps. aim map could be fun, but it'd be nice to see prodigy or something.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Happy fraggin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAo7L4HaVs

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just got my first over 40 or even over 30 game and My team lost. We had someone 1 and 24 and one point.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i deranked to dmg on a game where our lowest player went 0k15d our first half

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ilmucche posted:

The 2v2 stuff seems pretty chill, but it'd be nice if they did more of the non-traditional maps. aim map could be fun, but it'd be nice to see prodigy or something.

As somebody who used to play a lot of 2v2 competitively, it's actually really intense for the player. Much more so than 5v5 CS. You're basically in constant communication with your teammate, and you're in a clutch situation every other round. And even when you're not, you dying is often the round lost.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I see people (reddit) memeing about no new operations in a long time. There hasn't been one since I started playing, what are they. Like what do you actually do. Are they like the Greevil events and stuff from dota

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
a map pack usually accompanied by missions you can complete to level up an operation badge and also for drops, either an operation specific crate or operation specific skins, sometimes including skin series that arent found in crates but you usually get from random drops.

it also adds friend leaderboards for the active duty maps and a separate one for operation maps, stuff like matches won, mvp stars earned, headshot percentage, etc.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

But what is the mission. Is it like "get 10 mag7 kills in a game" or "defeat the demon monster"

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
You do a buncha normal MM's until you play your 5th game which is you VS 1 single very large CT dual wielding negevs, im not even kidding, its literally the end of every operation and I'm not sure why no one talks about it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Slumpy posted:

You do a buncha normal MM's until you play your 5th game which is you VS 1 single very large CT dual wielding negevs, im not even kidding, its literally the end of every operation and I'm not sure why no one talks about it

what are you talking about we've mentioned the Dust 2 boss a couple times.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Dust 2 boss, same as the old (operations) boss

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Soulex posted:

Just got my first over 40 or even over 30 game and My team lost. We had someone 1 and 24 and one point.

I feel like usually when I'm doing really well there's someone on my team who is just having a reaallllly rough game. But I feel like this is partially because for me to get that many kills I need to be matched against lower ranked people, so I probably have a lower ranked teammate as well, and not have my teammates be getting kills. So it feels like there might be more to this than just confirmation bias.

E: also re operations, warowl has some videos where he plays through them I think. Hopefully we get to experience a real one soon.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

Dust 2 boss, same as the old (operations) boss

New operation reveals Sergei's final form

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i wish for another sergei style gamemode if only so i can keep doing stuff like this

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I feel like picking up CS:GO for the first time in a while - could I get an invite to the go:ons steam group? Is that still where stuff even goes down? Or should I just pay closer attention to the discord?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/giogadi

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ArfJason posted:

i wish for another sergei style gamemode if only so i can keep doing stuff like this

lmao

giogadi posted:

I feel like picking up CS:GO for the first time in a while - could I get an invite to the go:ons steam group? Is that still where stuff even goes down? Or should I just pay closer attention to the discord?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/giogadi

Sent you an invite. Announcements are posted in the steam group occasionally but discord is a lot more active.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I really hope the next Operation is mostly co-op, and none of that casual poo poo. Those casual challenges were the worst

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

Macnult posted:

lmao

Sent you an invite. Announcements are posted in the steam group occasionally but discord is a lot more active.

Yo what's the discord?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

the secret one?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

pctD posted:

Yo what's the discord?

Check out the sub.io thread in PGS.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fusion Restaurant posted:

I feel like usually when I'm doing really well there's someone on my team who is just having a reaallllly rough game. But I feel like this is partially because for me to get that many kills I need to be matched against lower ranked people, so I probably have a lower ranked teammate as well, and not have my teammates be getting kills. So it feels like there might be more to this than just confirmation bias.

E: also re operations, warowl has some videos where he plays through them I think. Hopefully we get to experience a real one soon.

There might be. I'll post the screenshot when I get back on my computer but there was definitely a dude drunk as poo poo and I refused to let him get kicked until he got a kill (he ended up with 2?)

The other team wasn't bad but they didn't know lanes of fire too well so I definitely had them line up on me once or twice.

It's the best I ever did regardless of how bad my teammates/I/other team was. I've noticed myself playing smarter recently too. I mean I'm silver 4 so it's not like I stunted on people worth a poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Holy poo poo trying to get a recording setup on an iMac 5k can suck a dick. gently caress that took forever.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Anyone from the EU in high silver/low gold? Just started to play MM and it would be nice to have a buddy :shobon:.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

In a few hours we will find out how ESL sneak in VP to Pro League

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Popelmon posted:

Anyone from the EU in high silver/low gold? Just started to play MM and it would be nice to have a buddy :shobon:.

I'm bottom tier gold. Don't play too often, but down for some games :)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Photex posted:

In a few hours we will find out how ESL sneak in VP to Pro League

Well hellraisers just rolled Penta, so there's one team VP shouldn't have to worry about. Does VP break up if they get sent down?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

ilmucche posted:

I'm bottom tier gold. Don't play too often, but down for some games :)

Nice! I'm "Popelmon" on Steam, add me when you feel like playing!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wait so VP won their first ever major and then immediately get relegated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Soulex posted:

Wait so VP won their first ever major and then immediately get relegated?

no

they won kato14. But yeah they absolutely played like poo poo. They also should've been relegated last year, but ESL invited them back