Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Tried Undermine, only got the ATK break on him

He's Magic breakable? He Just has that completely retarded stat for resist Mag break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Free summon was Sozhe, daily was Gaffgarion. Showered with gold today.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Got a rainbow crystal from today's half-price summon!

Would've liked Reberta if only to dump these drat moogles, but got Dark Fina #2 instead. At least she's boss in arena and I'll be able to have fun with Ultima chains in 8 months or however long it'll take to upgrade Ultima on both of them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

Tried Undermine, only got the ATK break on him

He's Magic breakable? He Just has that completely retarded stat for resist Mag break?

as i understand it between sakura and cod you should be able to survive, sakura uses her damage reduce and everyone else guards, then you raise her and cod buffs everyone and its just that over and over until you kill him

with just her own gear i think yshtola should have enough spirit to be able to heal through everything with both buffs up if she has 5k health, i think? i am putting off the attempt myself since i am so tired and lazy (and still need finish last weeks event oh god help me goons)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So far my free pulls have been:
Anzelm
Guy
Charlotte

Dailies:
Ulrica
Leon
Heltich

Are we sure this thing is set to the right banner?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The idea that summoning will get you leftovers from the previous banner is fairly prevalent and there's downright crazy amounts of evidence for it. It happens so often it's just bizarre.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I sure do love fatfingering the repeat button on the last round of the 40 energy trial and eating an unguarded megaflare because of it. :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You should workout your fingers more.
Jokes aside that really sucks. I did that in the Gilgamesh trial three times myself, once on accident and twice from lack of paying attention.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What pisses me off is that crimson blood is easily the most common moogle Ive had right now. I can easily get to 100% on Rebertas TM, but only gotten like 40% on Zyrus rod and I've got two to level up

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would this chain work? Fryevia to start to debuff ice defense, then Edgar - Edgar - (Third Edgar?) - Setzer all equipped with dual wield and icebrands. I'm looking to try and take down some of the tougher trials with it. Would I need to find a friend Setzer with and ice weapon? And if I did need someone else to finish the chain, would Firion with ice lance be able to fit that role?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

ToonMan, I love your Marie. She's gotten me so close to beating the new trial. I can reliably get to the point where the rear end in a top hat dragon Megaflares every two or three turns and it's game over for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and manage to damage the stupid thing enough to make it stop loving me over.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ratmtattat posted:

ToonMan, I love your Marie. She's gotten me so close to beating the new trial. I can reliably get to the point where the rear end in a top hat dragon Megaflares every two or three turns and it's game over for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and manage to damage the stupid thing enough to make it stop loving me over.

Meanwhile I tried to use his Marie and despite buffing spirit, using the resist all, and trying to defend everyone took almost 6k damage except my Yshtola who took 10k. Good fight would play again.

Hopefully someone makes a solo capable character or finds an exploit because this is dumb.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would this chain work? Fryevia to start to debuff ice defense, then Edgar - Edgar - (Third Edgar?) - Setzer all equipped with dual wield and icebrands. I'm looking to try and take down some of the tougher trials with it. Would I need to find a friend Setzer with and ice weapon? And if I did need someone else to finish the chain, would Firion with ice lance be able to fit that role?

Make 6 star Lasswell the starter for the ice weakness chain, then two edgar, freviya, friend unit freviya, and if there isnt a 5 unit mission, then a really good breaker/buffer for the two freviya.

I'm trying to set up a dumb gimmick option where lightning with a +2 awakend crushing blow inflicts -75% lightning resist, then 4 dual wielding setzers with coral swords all chain double dice off each other while stacked with a killer and 3 poach materia.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 14, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Free summon was Sozhe, daily was Gaffgarion. Showered with gold today.

Free was also Kaiser Sozhe, 1/2 was another Firion.

Would like that mage or Xon, please.

I know I'm a little behind on trials, just finished Parade of the Possessed and the ADV and PRO Beasts of the Dark.

How do I Beasts of the Dark ELT?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Who do you have for tanks, green mages, and healers? Most of the damage will be relying on a friend Orlandeau with Ifrit if you don't have good damage dealers of your own or want to do the 5 man challenge.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How do I Beasts of the Dark ELT?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I have Marie with 408 spr if anyone needs a support friend for Trial Bahamut. ID: 364,859,209

She should be tough enough to use Focus on turn 1 and survive the first megaflare while everyone else guards. Then she can rotate between using Love you all, Focus, and dualcasting cura as needed.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
I'm broke out with gold mages today!

Free summon, blue reforms to gold; gimme dat mage, loving gimme dat mage...

Not that mage :(

Well, I've got 29 tickets, let's burn one... GOLD CRYSTAL! Gimme that fuckin' mage!

...God drat it :suicide:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I've spent a dozen tickets, 3 free summons, and 3 daily summons on this banner: all blue. 3 kains, an extra firion, and then tons of trash.

I think the game owes me a rainbow after this weekend!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This really isn't the best banner to whale on unless you want the dragon pet sprite for reasons. The four star mage is good, but it's just a mage...

We are likely getting a players choice or All Stars banner when the anniversary hits and then there is the upcoming FFX banner with Rikku. Everybody should be saving tickets for Rikku as she is basically a required pull for future end game content.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I've still got my 4* ticket for Rikku, but I've been throwing about 10 tickets at this banner because I want literally any of them so I can clear out these loving moogles. I fused together my Kains months ago, so now I've got enough moogles for another Gungnir. Literally the only banner unit I've gotten from doing my daily+free pull and all those tickets is a single Firion. :argh:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Dana Crysalis posted:

I sure do love fatfingering the repeat button on the last round of the 40 energy trial and eating an unguarded megaflare because of it. :(

On the bright side, the next try I bugged out the Megaflare on accident. On the bad side, I literally attacked with only Sakura after a point, and chipped him to death after 20-30 turns... and still didn't get enough orbs for an Esper summon. rip.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Man, my tablet's been broken for a while so I've been logging in to Memu to play, but I don't like playing with a mouse so lately I've just logged in for the daily bonuses. I want my tablet back. :saddowns:

...But getting Greg#2 is a small compensation. Genji Glooooooves

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dana Crysalis posted:

On the bright side, the next try I bugged out the Megaflare on accident.

Same for me :hfive: I decided to go with a bit more damage and use my Firion with Poach and that ended up being just enough to push me into the bugged out megaflare territory. Didn't even have half my esper bar filled and I doubt I'll even try that trial again so to hell with the burst pot.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Been playing for four days, just found out that the Magic Chests actually contain poo poo worth getting :( I think Bug Killer and the other passives will be useful.

Also just today found that the Colliseum isn't solely PvP and that it contains some really good poo poo!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dandywalken posted:

Been playing for four days, just found out that the Magic Chests actually contain poo poo worth getting :( I think Bug Killer and the other passives will be useful.

Also just today found that the Colliseum isn't solely PvP and that it contains some really good poo poo!

Most of the early silver chests are pretty bad, and not worth the keys. Check the wiki to make sure you're not wasting a key on something you can buy from shops for 500 gil. Later chests (and a couple early ones) do have some great items, including Killers. Don't worry about spending lapis on buying key bundles from the shop, mog king events sell the pieces to make a few keys.

Always do 5 arena fights per a day. Win or lose, you'll get 20 lapis for your first and fifth pvp fights. While you're still low level, the rest of your arena orbs should go towards Colosseum fights. There are a lot of good rewards from the Coloseum, including a few thousand lapis. Once your pvp team gets good enough to start winning some fights, try to get top 90k in the monthly rankings, so you get a 10% moogle.

Also, post your friend code to get lots of goon whale friends who can carry you through hard events.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Pull today got me Krille #20. Day 1 was Vivi #13, and Day 2 was Kuja #5.

Shoenin posted:

tried elite Bahamut. Megaflare killed everyone and hit Rain for 13k. That was funny.

Are you friends with FissSA? Because his Fryevia murders ELT Bahamut in 2 rounds. My team is Cecil, Rain, Trance Terra, Noctis, and Y'shtola. I have Rain use Undermine and Noct use Link, then have Trance queue up dual Fira, Y'shtola queues up Fira Materia, and FissSA queues up Frost Flower. After they attack, Bahamut gathers light, I have Cecil, Trace, and Y'shtola defend, Rain uses Defend skill, Noct uses Point Warp, and FissSA Frost Flowers again. I then fill my pockets with Raid Coins.

Honestly, I could probably just have everyone attack while FissSA uses Frost Flower on the second round and win, but I wanna prepare for "just in case"... :tinfoil:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahh ok, I'm 563,205,376. Will add to the spreadsheet too.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just removed idle goons from my list. Got a 918 magic Fryevia up for those who need her, and I can put almost anything up at need.

Hit me up at 103, 135, 071

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Dandywalken posted:

Ahh ok, I'm 563,205,376. Will add to the spreadsheet too.

Added you, friend. I'm sure my Olive could be useful for you.

You should change your message to reference SA or goons or something, so people know to accept yours.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

So, friend unit Orlandeus with Bird Killer, huh?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, friend unit Orlandeus with Bird Killer, huh?

Yeah, like any using Ifrit for an Esper.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

when people max out TM's on crap characters like Zidane, do you just sell them? Or is there any reason to keep them around?

And is it me, or are all the craftable weapons in this event total crap? Most of them seem worse than items you get by playing the story.

fullTimeLurker fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 15, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

fullTimeLurker posted:

when people max out TM's on crap characters like Zidane, do you just sell them? Or is there any reason to keep them around?

And is it me, or are all the craftable weapons in this event total crap? Most of them seem worse than items you get by playing the story.

Trophy case of 100% TMR units.

TMR'd friend units get fed for exp or sold, whichever i feel like.

The mage weapon from the event is dogshit. The other two have Dragon Killer, giving them a niche role.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

fullTimeLurker posted:

I think the gun you can get is the strongest non-TMR gun, but otherwise yeah.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I crafted the gun for Olive on the off chance that we fight a 100% lightning resist enemy sometime.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You should keep a Shantotto around if you're TMR farming her, because she becomes a fantastic chainer with her 6*.

I think Zidane himself also becomes decent, though not to the same extent.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
The newest MEmu runs great so far. It feels snappier and it looks much more resilient to app/emulator crashing. The slow rear end stage loading is still there from the latest FFBE client update unfortunately.

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/04/memu-3-0-for-preview/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

You should keep a Shantotto around if you're TMR farming her, because she becomes a fantastic chainer with her 6*.

I think Zidane himself also becomes decent, though not to the same extent.

Shantotto only has a 5* form in JP right now and a 4* form here. Honestly they are probably scared of giving her a 6* right now, despite being the closest thing to the representative character of the its particular FF. Her 5* is that strong.

fullTimeLurker posted:

The rod is absolute crap and so is the robe but the gun and lance are OK. Outside of TMRs and old event items, you wont get better.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my free pull and half price today were both gold after probably 20+ blue draws. rosa and vanille :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread