Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley posted:

6. And I saw when Derek registered one of the alts, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four goons saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white spaceship: and he that sat in it had a gimmick; and an account was given unto him: and he went forth trolling, and to troll.

3 And when he had registered the second alt, I heard the second goon say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another spaceship that was red: and power was given to him that sat therein to take peace from the subreddit, and that they should troll one another: and there was given unto him a great blog.

5 And when he had registered the third alt, I heard the third goon say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black spaceship; and he that sat in it had a pair of jpegs in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four goons say, A measure of pixels for a benjamin, and three measures of fidelity for a benjamin; and see thou hurt not the bugs and the lag.

7 And when he had registered the fourth alt, I heard the voice of the fourth goon say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale spaceship: and his name that sat in him was E.L.E., and Jail Time followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the subreddit, to troll with fear, and with uncertainty, and with doubt, and with the goons of the forums.

9 And when he had registered the fifth alt, I saw under his post the accounts of them that were banned for the word of Derek, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our banning on them that dwell in the subreddit?

11 And discord accounts were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for two weeks, until their fellow goons also and their brethren, that should be banned as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had registered the sixth alt, and lo, there was a great server crash; and the sun became as black as a sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven clipped through the earth, even as a space ship casteth its untimely passengers, when it is shaken of a mighty bug.

14 And the skybox departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every model and texture were moved out of their places.

15 And the mods of the subreddit, and the great whales, and the rich whales, and the unpaid shills, and the internet tough guys, and every streamer, and every pubbie, hid themselves in their dens and in the basements of their mothers;

16 And said to the ceilings and the roofs, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of Derek:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to shill?

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MeLKoR posted:

I've been out of the loop, what did :sandance: do?

she made a $5 charge for the autists who CCu their ships every other day

that and the star kitten debacle, uh what else

#Actress

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Breetai posted:

Can someone explain to me what actual tangible impact the updated "use" system is supposed to have on the way that players interact with the game?

immersion and fidelity and therefore good game-ness

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

she made a $5 charge for the autists who CCu their ships every other day

that and the star kitten debacle, uh what else

#Actress

Weren't they limited to one token a month already?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Hey Goon Programmer guy who got super mad at bugsmashers and wrote a bunch of bullet points.

CIG is callin you out

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6au9ai/showed_a_programmer_friend_of_mine_a_couple/

He admits they rush and 'hack' in code. Completely demolishing all the rude reddit citizens in that thread.

Also maybe there is a SECRET DEV BUILD?!??!?!?

Like, this is something that does happen in the game industry a lot (though thankfully not at my studio, mainly because we don't do demos at industry events until our game is basically shipped), but its also one of the thing everyone in the industry hates the most. You crunch like hell for E3 or gamescom, and try to preimplement a ton of features, and then afterwards you need to go back and rewrite them. Like, do people remember Sonic 06? Apparently for some trade show, they branched the game and added in a ton of features and cleaned up gameplay that never got back ported into the main branch.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

MeLKoR posted:

that whole system is so loving confusing I really couldn't even tell you

I think that buyback token is if you don't even want the ship period, like its a store credit thing but yea you only got one of those a month

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Breetai posted:

Can someone explain to me what actual tangible impact the updated "use" system is supposed to have on the way that players interact with the game?

get out of here with your concern trolling, goonie

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Breetai posted:

Having to desperately scramble to push a button on a ship console during a fight, instead of pressing a hotkey, brings fidelity and multiple gameplay opportunities. Also, it would allow them to simplify their key binding UI a little bit too - win-win.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

My scrollwheel on my mouse actually broke and i blame derek

Get a trackpad. That way, you'll just end up with completely filed-down finger prints, and can enter into a world of crime.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Just curious, have Kickstarter backers been able to get refunds or just people who sign up via the CIG store where it charges tax etc.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Just curious, have Kickstarter backers been able to get refunds or just people who sign up via the CIG store where it charges tax etc.

CIG folds to anyone requesting a refund because they know they could never defend themselves in legal proceedings

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

I stand corrected.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Beet wagon this one of yours? It's a real beauty

I didn't see this earlier, but no it's not me. In fact I vaguely remember that guy telling me to go gently caress myself last year cause I made a joke about his dead gay videogame...

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

starkebn posted:

CIG folds to anyone requesting a refund because they know they could never defend themselves in legal proceedings

Fair enough, wasn't sure if they hid behind the Kickstarter ToS which has held up so far (or at least not been challenged).

Trimson Grondag 3 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 15, 2017

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

I was a KS backer and got a refund without much of an issue. Took like 3 weeks and a lot of "You really sure bro? This blue balling is totally going to end in the Best drat Space Orgasm Ever" emails.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

DarkRefreshment posted:

I was a KS backer and got a refund without much of an issue. Took like 3 weeks and a lot of "You really sure bro? This blue balling is totally going to end in the Best drat Space Orgasm Ever" emails.

A BBB complaint gets them moving pretty quick too

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

DarkRefreshment posted:

You really sure you don't want to stick around? Star Citizen has so many great things on the horizon. You're going to miss out on grabbing a SPACE apple in a SPACE cafeteria for SPACE lunch in SPACE. No other game can offer that.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Fair enough, wasn't sure if they hid behind the Kickstarter ToS which has held up so far (or at least not been challenged).
Despite what MoMA may tell you I don't think any refund of any sort has been denied yet.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Am I the only one laughing at all the wasted time with the extra 23984 buttons they are creating to start up your spaceship? Do these people not realize within weeks of this design being released to the public, it will all just be macro'd in to make it a 'one press' system?

I laugh even more thinking about the rage it would cause on the forums and reddit about how "macro'ing should be a bannable offense because it ruins my immersion."

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY8yXkpXuf4

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

nawledgelambo posted:

Am I the only one laughing at all the wasted time with the extra 23984 buttons they are creating to start up your spaceship? Do these people not realize within weeks of this design being released to the public, it will all just be macro'd in to make it a 'one press' system?

I laugh even more thinking about the rage it would cause on the forums and reddit about how "macro'ing should be a bannable offense because it ruins my immersion."

lol if they don't make you do a startup sequence correctly every time you boot up your ship and if you gently caress up you blow up your ship or otherwise cause massive damage and have to put it in the shop for a few weeks

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

beep_boop posted:

A BBB complaint gets them moving pretty quick too

This comment made me look up CIG on the BBB website. :allears:

LOL, CIG fighting with the BBB over one negative review.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 15, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Snazzy Frocks posted:

lol if they don't make you do a startup sequence correctly every time you boot up your ship and if you gently caress up you blow up your ship or otherwise cause massive damage and have to put it in the shop for a few weeks

Your submarine will blow up even with the correct sequence.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Holy cow. The BBB actually posts interactions between them/customers/CIG. Look at this. Just look at it.

quote:

Business Response
Thank you for forwarding the above-referenced complaint which was made to the wrong company. The customer contracted with our publishing entity Roberts Space Industries Corp. (RSI), and we are pleased to respond for RSI as follows:

Customer's allegations regarding the development of Star Citizen and our operations are completely unfounded and based on internet gossip. We really don't see any point in even discussing them, and we wish to focus our response on customer's refund request.

The customer committed a series of at least 23 separate pledges to the crowdfunding campaign for the development of Star Citizen over a span of two years from 2013 through 2015. Development of the game has proceeded unabated and RSI is delivering content on a continuing basis. During the production of any crowdfunded project the raised funds are consumed, which is why "takebacks" are fundamentally incompatible with the whole concept of voluntary and grassroots crowdfunding. As to delivery delays, it is well understood that delivery dates for crowdfunded projects stated at the beginning of the campaign can only be rough estimates due to the early design stage of development when the campaign starts.

Nevertheless, we have reviewed customer's request and his account history and agree that it is in our mutual interest to discontinue his participation in our community. We can refund only items which are returnable (e.g. excluding delivered physical merchandize, monthly subscription fees for expired months, or items he has gifted away to other backers), and which remain on customer's account. Accordingly, we will close his account permanently and are making payment of his refundable pledge amount.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

starkebn posted:

Apparently not always.

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilic...tion=complaints

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 15, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

The token was for re-crafting stuff that you melted. The CCU is to upgrade a ship into something equally or more expensive.

So now, if you have a ship worth, say, $100 and want to buy a $200 one you can either:

1) Pay $200 dollars in either cash or credit, like a chump.
2) Melt your $100 ship and use that credit plus another $100 to get it.
3) Use a CCU to upgrade your old ship for $100 plus $5 for the convenience (this is more expensive than 2) but it you have LTI you keep it).

It's pretty simple!

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn't the original Prey:

1) Scrapped and started over a bunch of times
2) Pretty poo poo outside 2-3 novelty "oh look I'm on the ceiling/teeny tiny now" moments

Not sure if it ought to be removed like APB lest someone realise that maybe long dev cycles fraught with bullshit lead to mediocre misses more often than they do to gold.

I'm actually playing through the original right now and it's an amazing game. I like the native American angle. And the portals.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

trucutru posted:

Lately the dreamin' has been kinda low key. Forget being a space flight attendant or a space janitor, let's keep it real

:smith:

Imagine you threw the tray. The mess hall officer comes and asks you what the problem is, while a few npcs (and maybe some players???) hold back the guy you hit with your space food (and got his clothes dirty (which is permanently there until he gets it cleaned in the laundry bay)) as he tries to hit you. After you go through a bit of discussion with the players and npcs involved maybe it is decided you need to get some counselling with the on board psychologist. But first, you are going to have to clean up that mess with a mop. It is a little mini game style where you need to do a good enough job. All the while the mess hall is heckling you for your stupid outburst and giving you looks. When word of this event spreads through the crew it eventually makes its way to your ship captain. He is pissed! Your whole dynamic reputation falls with most of the ship and only your best npc friends really know what is going on inside your head to make you do such a silly thing in the first place, but even they might not be so willing to go on missions with you.

And this is just one event in a tiny mess hall. In a whole galaxy of stars and planets! Imagine what else you can get up to in game!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

Imagine you threw the tray. The mess hall officer comes and asks you what the problem is, while a few npcs (and maybe some players???) hold back the guy you hit with your space food (and got his clothes dirty (which is permanently there until he gets it cleaned in the laundry bay)) as he tries to hit you. After you go through a bit of discussion with the players and npcs involved maybe it is decided you need to get some counselling with the on board psychologist. But first, you are going to have to clean up that mess with a mop. It is a little mini game style where you need to do a good enough job. All the while the mess hall is heckling you for your stupid outburst and giving you looks. When word of this event spreads through the crew it eventually makes its way to your ship captain. He is pissed! Your whole dynamic reputation falls with most of the ship and only your best npc friends really know what is going on inside your head to make you do such a silly thing in the first place, but even they might not be so willing to go on missions with you.

And this is just one event in a tiny mess hall. In a whole galaxy of stars and planets! Imagine what else you can get up to in game!

this is a real post isnt it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It looks like everything before August 2016 was met with "Go gently caress yourself" and everything after was met with "Okay we'll refund you but only because we want to"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

It looks like everything before August 2016 was met with "Go gently caress yourself" and everything after was met with "Okay we'll refund you but only because we want to"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry. You addressed that to the WRONG ENTITY (good luck finding the right one out of the 40 shell companies we've created).

Also Sandi is listed as the POC for all BBB interactions. I wonder if that means she's the one writing/copy-pasting those responses?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

spacetoaster posted:

Also Sandi is listed as the POC for all BBB interactions.

Sandi Gardiner, Legal Representation, VP of Marketing, Actress

lo loving l at all of this

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 15, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Mo' Monies, Mo' Problems

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

phosdex posted:

I'm the database being strained by a couple hundred transactions a day.

I was going to say this but you got the deadlock on me.

I can't even understand how they get away with telling people this stuff and get away with it.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

The Titanic posted:

I was going to say this but you got the deadlock on me.

I can't even understand how they get away with telling people this stuff and get away with it.

literally the only people left following this thing are goons and cultists. CIG could come out tomorrow with a "gently caress it, we are just going to deduct $500 from everyones bank account" and you know that wouldn't cause any of the cultists to leave. Literally everything is filtered through "CIG is doing it, therefore it must be good for Star Citizen!"

Edit: gently caress me, i went to /r/starcitizen and the sidebar says "there are 100k citizens, 500 in the cafeteria". Even the broken cafeteria is a meme.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

When will the tipping point with backers will happen? I wonder if it will start to happen over the Christmas holidays or during the post 3.2 lull (lets be real, citizens will forgive 3.0). This thread has been wildly optimistic (and wrong) about it but as this posts exemplifies, the concrete examples of Chris's lies and desperation for money have been piling up.

While it will never happen at a speed to satiate this thread, it is starting to feel like the finish line is within sight. I was going to say that Citizencon will be explosive this year, but I'm not sure that it is even happening. I thought the referral contest prize was a trip to Citizencon, but I checked and it's for GamesCom...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

Without John we wouldn't have the amazing physics behind the ships in the game.

:allears:

CR: john, please use your coding and mathematic skills to create a realistic physics engine for my game!

John: <int noClip;>
Somewhere else that may or may not set this
<noClip=1;>

Done, boss. But it's a little bit hacky. We can fix it later!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tokamak posted:

When will the tipping point with backers will happen?

It will not happen. They will continue to throw money into the pit until CIG is forced to come clean. The big backers are too invested to think clearly and the project failing would be pretty much *then* failing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: Ripping These Babies Off The Entitlement Teat