Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What was the name of that Sonic rpg that Bioware made again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jurassic Park.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

this

it has some of the worst art, music, and SFX ever to be featured in a notable videogame but got decent reviews for some ungodly reason. it's not online anymore but 1up somehow gave it a loving 10

e: hell eurogamer gave it a 7 which is still ridiculous

Motto fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 15, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

this

it has some of the worst art, music, and SFX ever to be featured in a notable videogame but got decent reviews for some ungodly reason. it's not online anymore but 1up somehow gave it a loving 10

Maybe because you can have sonic be such a dick to people that you can permanently miss out on party members :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just remember being disappointed that the game was not about Sonic becoming an assassin

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

wait

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is a real title? And not a joke title? It sounds like an AssCreed game?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

wait

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe because you can have sonic be such a dick to people that you can permanently miss out on party members :v:

He's such an rear end in a top hat, it's awesome

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Incredible.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood

god i remember buying it in college and playing it in the middle of the night all "mass effect was pretty good so this should be--"

it remains the only game i've ever returned

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

If it's any consolation - it takes place way before Desmond's timeline.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The White Dragon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood

god i remember buying it in college and playing it in the middle of the night all "mass effect was pretty good so this should be--"

it remains the only game i've ever returned

Look on the brightside, it's no longer Bioware's worst rated game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I can not stop playing Diablo 3 on my PS4. I think this is how people who played Diablo 2 must have felt!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Diablo 3 on PS4 is crazy good. Gamepad controls with new movement and also items drop rates tweaked for offline play make a world of difference. Like, the game is already great on PC but it's elevated to amazing on PS4.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Good to know.
Will probably play diablo 3 again after finishing persona 5. Is it fun solo? My friend who plays diablo 3 is super far into it and whenever we play he just kills everything and all i do is follow him.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sonic Chronicles New Vegas

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It really bugs me that everyone in Toussaint has a Swedish chef accent. Everything in the country is named in French and they're the vassals of a sorta-German empire, there's no reason for them to have these really forced swedish accents.

It's not even consistent either, some of the characters are clearly doing bad "Spanish" accents and others are just doing the laziest SNL skit German accent ever. But most of them are like "Yew can find me at der villa, bork bork bork"

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 12:49 on May 15, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

It really bugs me that everyone in Toussaint has a Swedish chef accent. Everything in the country is named in French and they're the vassals of a sorta-German empire, there's no reason for them to have these really forced swedish accents.

It's not even consistent either, some of the characters are clearly doing bad "Spanish" accents and others are just doing the laziest SNL skit German accent ever. But most of them are like "Yew can find me at der villa, bork bork bork"
Another reason why Polish VA is superior :smuggo:.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

Another reason why Polish VA is superior :smuggo:.

Then everyone will sound like Swedish Chef!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they don't have a sweden in the witcher world. i think what you're describing is a Toussaintian accent

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i'm burnt out on hearthstone and dark souls 3 someone recommend something thats not the following bullet points

[bullet[ rpg or anything with animes
{bullat} card games
\* i may have grown out of first person shooters so dont say the game with frying pans and motorcycle helmets

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

Then everyone will sound like Swedish Chef!
Maybe but at least in Toussaint they're Swedish Chefs with French accent!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

i'm burnt out on hearthstone and dark souls 3 someone recommend something thats not the following bullet points

{bullat} card games
\* i may have grown out of first person shooters so dont say the game with frying pans and motorcycle helmets

How are you with fighting games? Injustice 2 comes out tonight and it looks really good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

{bullat} card games

Thief 2

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

I said come in! posted:

How are you with fighting games? Injustice 2 comes out tonight and it looks really good.

not really my thing also i mostly only play pc because i dont feel like reconnecting my dang consoles (my nintendo switch is still connected though even though ive played maybe 4 total seconds of game on it so really worth the money i spent)

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

is that one old or is it the new one because i thought the new one had a retarded name like th34f or something with a 4 in it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

{bullat} card games

Snake Pass.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Snake Pass.

i think i watched video game dunkey play this and it didnt look fun to me because i lack patience!!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

is that one old or is it the new one because i thought the new one had a retarded name like th34f or something with a 4 in it

Do not play thi4f

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

Do not play thi4f

ive never played any thief game before but from what i remember it looked like a elder scrolls or something maybe i'm confusing it with something else

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

The reboot of Thief is just called Thief. It didn't have any odd numbering in it, I don't know why people call it that. http://store.steampowered.com/app/239160/Thief/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

ive never played any thief game before but from what i remember it looked like a elder scrolls or something maybe i'm confusing it with something else

Imagine an Elder Scrolls game where the only objective is to literally steal everything not tied down. That is the new Thief.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

{bullat} card games

If your switch is still connected then one of the best games is Neo Geo Turf Masters. Awesome golfing extraordinaire!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kewpuh posted:

{bullat} card games

Arkham Knight

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

VideoGames posted:

If your switch is still connected then one of the best games is Neo Geo Turf Masters. Awesome golfing extraordinaire!

hm, i might look into this

Really Pants posted:

Arkham Knight

gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is Batman an anime now

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

i'd like to play another good horror game like dead space or resident evil does prey come close to that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

i'd like to play another good horror game like dead space or resident evil does prey come close to that?

Nope! It does look kinda good though but really hard. Outlast 2 might be fun though if you liked Resident Evil 7.

• Locked thread