Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

Not everyone is as crazy awesome as you though

Sorry that wasn't intended to make me sound awesome. It's just if he's so good he can knock someone cold first go and choke someone out that quickly then it makes it seem more fake that he'd mess up that position he had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/OdiGkF5.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/tDOYnXo.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/3E5PWKd.gifv

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The face of pure joy!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bogan King posted:

Seems like now is as good a time as any to post that Preacher comic

Hey! My chinlessness has nothing to do with my lack of worth as a human being :mad:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dude I don't think you get how this thread works

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude I don't think you get how this thread works

The schadenfreude is that they didn't put Deadwood in the headline list, but included MacGruber.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Do we have a cyberpunk-in-real-life thread yet?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This has the beautiful washed-out golden tones of a 1970s photograph.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Something light to start the day off:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A well-applied blood choke can put someone to sleep in 6 seconds. Fight video looks fake not because of the choke but because a) the guy stays down and stiff way too long from the punch, and b) the attackers come one at a time like ninjas in an 80s movie.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

cnut posted:

Looks like the dude gets choked out rather quickly but I have no idea how long it really takes.

Content!

Are those wolves? How loving dumb can you be to think that kicking a wolf cage is a good idea?

Ragequit posted:

Sometimes it's the simplest Schad that is best.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Bogan King posted:

You really need to see Spencer in full daylight to appreciate him in all his glory.

Ive been on HRT for two years and i for one am pissed that this doughy nazi fuckstick has a bigger rack than me.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ragequit posted:

It's really mean to make fun of that guy's mole.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Schadenfreude: Having choked people out like that myself that doesn't look too unrealistic

This week's hacking-to-end-all-hackings has netted those responsible a whopping $26k so far:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/05/global-wana-ransomware-outbreak-earned-perpetrators-26000-so-far/

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

They named the first version of the Snowcrash virus forums.somethingawful.com.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommonShore posted:

A well-applied blood choke can put someone to sleep in 6 seconds. Fight video looks fake not because of the choke but because a) the guy stays down and stiff way too long from the punch, and b) the attackers come one at a time like ninjas in an 80s movie.

I saw a video of a high school cafeteria fight ending in a choke-out. The kid spent maybe 10 seconds at most in the hold before going limp.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Between manacled Mormons, deaf-mute mime escapes and cloned dogs Joyce McKinney has made some interesting choices.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I saw a video of a high school cafeteria fight ending in a choke-out. The kid spent maybe 10 seconds at most in the hold before going limp.

If anyone is interested it's usually called a rear naked (or neck) choke and if you've ever done BJJ or anything like that it's one of the ones that ends matches pretty quickly as it's extremely difficult to escape. With it being a blood choke it's cutting of the blood supply not the oxygen. Trying to cut off the oxygen takes ages and causes permanent damage which is why it's extremely illegal in BJJ, cutting off the blood supply is fair game and less dangerous.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's really not about the choke, its about the first guy clearly swinging the bat like a guy in a t.v. show would when he knows he can't hit the star.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Hm, that's interesting, I didn't realize pet cloning was a thWhere the gently caress is #10?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Double Punctuation posted:

Where the gently caress is #10?

It was replaced by a clone of #9

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Aramoro posted:

With it being a blood choke it's cutting of the blood supply not the oxygen. Trying to cut off the oxygen takes ages and causes permanent damage which is why it's extremely illegal in BJJ, cutting off the blood supply is fair game and less dangerous.

:same: but for sex

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

*CHOMP*

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
There's no crying in faceball!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I saw that one in person. It was pretty gross

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Basebf555 posted:

It's really not about the choke, its about the first guy clearly swinging the bat like a guy in a t.v. show would when he knows he can't hit the star.

Your average person is going to pull that swing. Humans don't take to clubbing people to death that easily.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aramoro posted:

If anyone is interested it's usually called a rear naked (or neck) choke and if you've ever done BJJ or anything like that it's one of the ones that ends matches pretty quickly as it's extremely difficult to escape. With it being a blood choke it's cutting of the blood supply not the oxygen. Trying to cut off the oxygen takes ages and causes permanent damage which is why it's extremely illegal in BJJ, cutting off the blood supply is fair game and less dangerous.

Er, what? Air chokes are absolutely a thing in BJJ tournaments. RNC's are a combo that cuts off both, but wind chokes are absolutely fair game. What do you think a guillotine choke is?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

canyoneer posted:

I saw that one in person. It was pretty gross

Did they find all his teeth?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GLU7xLxRXQ&t=105s

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

A classic, but I found this pretty wonderful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGzmOsn9mk

It's 4 minutes long, so if you don't have the patience for the build-up and just want the climax, skip to 2:48.
I would suggest watching the whole thing though, if only to witness Britain at its very best.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

Did they find all his teeth?

Broken nose, split lip, and some cracked teeth. That ball was clocked at 93 miles an hour.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1382180283/pitari-iannetta-exits-after-getting-hit-in-the-face

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Not being from the USA is great because Trump is amazing fodder for this thread (until the nuclear winter hits us here anyway).

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Bogan King posted:

Not being from the USA is great because Trump is amazing fodder for this thread (until the nuclear winter hits us here anyway).

And the Trump tweet for this occasion

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/750648675186147328

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s better than ignoring a document entitled “Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US”

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/843779892776964097

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador.

Schad is on CIA and NSA as they scramble to reduce the damage done and hopefully keep people from being killed, and then still having to go "¯\_(ツ)_/¯ He's the boss".

Can't wait for McCain to say how bad this is right before he votes Yay on another Trump policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Platystemon posted:

The fire marshal should have snuffed out this gathering, with water hoses if necessary.

That would have been some pretty loving heavy irony.