Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Chronojam posted:

It's why we need a Zelda 2 Maker to be frank. Maybe that mobile phone game will be a platformer.

I'm betting something along the lines of another WW/PH/ST successor with touch instead of stylus controls and I'm completely ok with that. As long as it's Pay Once.

I'll still play it if it's F2P, but it'll probably end up deleted eventually like FE:Heroes did, F2P and gacha annoys the hell out of me (but also makes ridiculous amounts of money by whaling, dammit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barry Convex posted:

This new rhythm game from the PaRappa and Gitaroo-Man creators is coming to Switch! if the Kickstarter reaches the maximum $5 million stretch goal lol

Doesn't seem like a good idea for them to promise that, I don't think there's any guarantee they could actually get a dev kit anytime soon. Nintendo has been very selective about giving kits to developers they don't have a previous relationship with.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, but it's a video game Kickstarter. They'll be able to get a dev kit in like 2 years when they finally release an alpha.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Has anyone beaten it yet? I almost made it to 300 feet... once. Generally I'm most successful if I decide to take my time and murder everything that can be murdered.

I just unlocked the teleport to the 2nd biome :toot:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Barry Convex posted:

This new rhythm game from the PaRappa and Gitaroo-Man creators is coming to Switch! if the Kickstarter reaches the maximum $5 million stretch goal lol

Oh sick, I love those games and I can get it on PS4 along with my copy of PaRappa Remastered. Thanks for the heads up!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

I love Breath of the Wild but it's so hyper focused on being an open world with self-motivation by the player to get the most out of it, that I can easily see why someone might not like it. I really think that once you're out of college, any game that takes more than a few dozen hours needs to cater to a specific niche you're interested in, or it's not worth your time. There's nothing wrong with someone bouncing off of a game type they're not into, especially when it would take weeks or months of free time to get the most out of it.

This is me, I avoid most open world action games but the upper echelon (uhh Far Cry 2, MGSV..). The Switch being portable goes a loooong way to alleviate that. Go to hell trad consoles, this is pure gaming ambrosia

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If Persona 5 had come out on the Switch I'd definitely have beaten it by now instead of being like 1/3 of the way done

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lakbay posted:

I just unlocked the teleport to the 2nd biome :toot:

I unlocked that too, but being down a powerup and having next to no crystals makes it kind of useless. I thought the banker seed would pay me from last time I gave him crystals but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe he only pays you at the third camp, or maybe only in the same play session?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Me and my wife battled for two hours in MK8 last night, what a fantastic couch co-op game.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Don't Kickstart a video game please

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I kickstarted the Switch hoping it gets some games.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Ya know what? I really like the Switch!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I unlocked that too, but being down a powerup and having next to no crystals makes it kind of useless. I thought the banker seed would pay me from last time I gave him crystals but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe he only pays you at the third camp, or maybe only in the same play session?

You're way better than me at Tumble Seed because I always end up at the second camp with no crystals because I was trying to recover all the hearts I lost :negative:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Milkman posted:

This is me, I avoid most open world action games but the upper echelon (uhh Far Cry 2, MGSV..). The Switch being portable goes a loooong way to alleviate that. Go to hell trad consoles, this is pure gaming ambrosia

I feel like BOTW might be the last open world game I play, just because of the time investment. I'll do Witcher 3 if that somehow gets a Switch port: it's been on my must-play list for years at this point but I've kind of come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to sit in front of my computer long enough to play a game like that anymore.

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
What's the general consensus on Mr Shifty? Any good?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barry Convex posted:

The creators of Parappa the Rapper and two of my all-time favourite games (Gitaroo Man and EBA) are making a new rhythm game together? Has someone been reading my Christmas List? :stwoon:

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

Lakbay posted:

You're way better than me at Tumble Seed because I always end up at the second camp with no crystals because I was trying to recover all the hearts I lost :negative:

There's a second camp? :cripes:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

Where's the explicit version?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm going to start shooting random people on The List friend requests soon but if you feel like lightening my load pls add me at SW-5784-1917-7097 so i don't have to type out 50 friend codes in a row

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I found the prerequisite Nintendo system menu Easter egg on the Switch! Try ZL and ZR at the "press the same button three times" screen. E: Clicking the sticks works too.

Also, thanks to whoever linked me those official Sega videos with Puyo tips. It was like 20 pages ago, but I forgot to thank you for that. Very helpful.

Scratch-O fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 15, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Scratch-O posted:

I found the prerequisite Nintendo system menu Easter egg on the Switch! Try ZL and ZR at the "press the same button three times" screen.

Also, thanks to whoever linked me those official Sega videos with Puyo tips. It was like 20 pages ago, but I forgot to thank you for that. Very helpful.

Pressing in left stick is the best sound.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Cojawfee posted:

Pressing in left stick is the best sound.

I prefer clicking the right stick personally.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Barry Convex posted:

God drat they're insane.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

same

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Character of the year of all years.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition confirmed for overseas release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUURmyKeYiI

Switch version comes out in September, a month after the PC/PS4 versions, but has a physical version unlike those.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Character of the year of all years.

That's a weird way of saying Kass.

Policenaut posted:

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition confirmed for overseas release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUURmyKeYiI

Switch version comes out in September, a month after the PC/PS4 versions, but has a physical version unlike those.

I'm actually really excited for this! This is basically the "good" One Piece game if you aren't a fan of Dynasty Warriors games (aka: me)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

New user question: do downloads continue while in sleep mode

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

An underrated part of the Zelda series is its great NPC's and BOTW is no exception.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes. Evidence seems to show it actually downloads faster in sleep mode.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shame that Lynels and the golem bastards are still a chore to fight.

I see people saying this a lot, do you realize that the sledgehammer does massive damage to their ore weak spot? Or do you mean they still take too long?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Tender Bender posted:

I see people saying this a lot, do you realize that the sledgehammer does massive damage to their ore weak spot? Or do you mean they still take too long?

I don't think he knows to Spin to Win.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Taluses are far and away the easiest of the minibosses or whatever you call them

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Meridian posted:

So, BoI is cool and good, but the slow down issues might be understated. Second run I got the item that gives mass poison and literally every room after that slowed down to about 10fps for 15 seconds until the effect wore off.

Still playable in general, but I hope it gets a performance patch.

Yea, it's weird, Toxic Shock has a unique particle effect that'll ruin your run. Curiously, stuff like Butt Bombs and other "smoke" effects don't do the same. Just avoid picking up Toxic Shock until a patch comes out, haha. It's the biggest offender by far since it triggers in every single room.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

enojy posted:

Yea, it's weird, Toxic Shock has a unique particle effect that'll ruin your run. Curiously, stuff like Butt Bombs and other "smoke" effects don't do the same. Just avoid picking up Toxic Shock until a patch comes out, haha. It's the biggest offender by far since it triggers in every single room.

Butt Bombs in the Womb is slideshow city.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

An underrated part of the Zelda series is its great NPC's and BOTW is no exception.

Yeah it's something I really didn't expect in BOTW. The towns are all great too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Is that a Wrecking Crew reference?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rad Valtar posted:

The guys who hate BotW are probably also the same guys who played Ocarina of Time when they were 8 and can't let go of the fact it's not the best game ever let alone one of the best Zelda games.

I always find statements like this super disappointing because it refuses to acknowledge peoples actual gripes based solely on the fact of "I don't want to hear anything negative about my favorite game." in a lot of cases.

BotW has some serious problems and it's a shame it's hard to hold a discussion about it because certain folks would rather pretend it's perfect.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I always find statements like this super disappointing because it refuses to acknowledge peoples actual gripes based solely on the fact of "I don't want to hear anything negative about my favorite game." in a lot of cases.

BotW has some serious problems and it's a shame it's hard to hold a discussion about it because certain folks would rather pretend it's perfect.

It has problems, but I think to a lot of people it's an game they didn't expect going into to it. I had avoided much of the news because I like Zelda games so went into it expecting Zelda. I instead got what was basically an extremely well polished open world game I didn't know I wanted. I fell in love. I think to many people it's the same. I still need a new Zelda game, this could be a new IP for how close it really is to a Zelda game.

It's an amazing game 10/10 but I also think it's something that if the genre builds off of it, something that is going to not hold up in 10 years. If Open world games ignore the advancements and keep going after Skyrim and other open world games then it will hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Serious problems? It's got a bunch of nagging annoyances that didn't stop a ton of good things from happening.

• Locked thread