Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Alex Wood with 6 strong innings and 10k at Coors. Some other gems there recently. What is this bizarro world?

Arenado, Blackmon, Cargo, Desmond, Reynolds, etc.. shouldn't be so easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Moneyball posted:

Alex Wood with 6 strong innings and 10k at Coors. Some other gems there recently. What is this bizarro world?

He has been crazy good lately. I wasn't thrilled with needing to start him but I'm happy to have plucked him off the wire. He went from a go to stream to being my replacement for Bumgarner for now.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Moneyball posted:

I've missed both of his starts this week because CBS's probable starter thing is hosed.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Moneyball posted:

I sat Alex because I didn't want him to get blown up and the. He puts that up. Fuuuuuck

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I tried to get Berrios like a week ago but he was only available in one league :(

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Why was Chris Carter on waivers most (all?) of last year, but Gallo is considered must own this year?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why the hell was Chris Carter on your waivers last year?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Gallo is a lefty tho

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Doghouse posted:

Why was Chris Carter on waivers most (all?) of last year, but Gallo is considered must own this year?

3b > 1b. And Gallo is young so he might improve. Plus I'm in an OBP league where Gallo is ranked 28 so far. He's probably not so great in an AVG league.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

How high can I go when trying to sell high on players without eliminating all value? I was thinking of:

Thames, Judge, Realmuto, Severino, Bundy for Miggy, Posey, Carpenter. Extra spots would be to pick up Berrios and Happ or whoever jumps in value.

Am I shooting myself in the foot with that?

e: Chapman out, pick up Betances if he's available.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 14, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm starting to think that outfield is as easy to replace as pitchers and that the only positions that you should draft early on are infielders

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

I'm starting to think that outfield is as easy to replace as pitchers and that the only positions that you should draft early on are infielders

Pretty much. Outside of Harper and Trout, you will likely be able to find OF production that will match whoever else you would draft in the first rounds.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I won my league two years ago and after a rash of injuries, I streamed my entire outfield from like the last week of July through the championship. Kevin Pillar and JBJ heck yeah

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I gotta say that my Cody Bellinger and Michael Conforto pickups have made drafting Trumbo/JBJ a lot more tolerable.

On the other hand, almost every pitcher I drafted has hit the DL and my current pitching staff sucks. I'm trying to trade for an ace but no one wants to part with their good pitchers because everyone else seems to be going through the same thing. Does anyone have any good buy-lows I should be looking to target?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

pollock probably going on the dl

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

6 IP, 1 SV, 8 K, 24.00 ERA, 3.83 WHIP

Keep up the good work guys.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I'm so annoyed by this sudden rash of injuries. My dumb league locks weekly and we use 5 SPs with only five bench spots and no DL. I have thor/paxton/kluber all on the DL and undroppable and Im about to have Pollock as well. My roster is borderline unmanageable and I'm still clinging onto first place.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Murmur Twin posted:

I gotta say that my Cody Bellinger and Michael Conforto pickups have made drafting Trumbo/JBJ a lot more tolerable.

On the other hand, almost every pitcher I drafted has hit the DL and my current pitching staff sucks. I'm trying to trade for an ace but no one wants to part with their good pitchers because everyone else seems to be going through the same thing. Does anyone have any good buy-lows I should be looking to target?

Yeah Conforto, Castro and (to a lesser extent) Broxton have all been godsends for my offense this year.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I'm absolutely crushing my OBP league (47-11-2) and I have no idea how this team is doing it. My offense isn't exactly dominant, and neither is my rotation. My bullpen is outstanding though.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I'm absolutely crushing my OBP league (47-11-2) and I have no idea how this team is doing it. My offense isn't exactly dominant, and neither is my rotation. My bullpen is outstanding though.

I'm in the top 3 in every offensive stat (12 team league), yet I'm 13-15 in those categories for the year. H2H is a fickle bitch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dropped conforto before cespedes died. Alas.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
I picked up Betances when I heard about the Chapman injury. What level of starting pitcher could I target with him in a trade? My current pitching:

Starters: M. Tanaka, C. Martinez, M. Andriese, C. Tillman, J. Berrios, D. Salazar, M. Bumgarner (DL), D. Price (DL)
Relievers: R. Osuna, D Betances, E. Diaz, K. Giles

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Offer him to the Chapman owner for an arm and a leg

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Would you be confident enough in a Alonso/Bellinger/Hanley three-headed beast at 1B to trade Miggy Cabrera? Carlos Hernandez to trade Dee Gordon? Trevor Story/Zack Cozart to trade Carlos Correa??? This team is 9th out of 10 in a mixed 5x5 Roto league and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Should I just stand pat and wait for guys to bounce back/get healthy?

C: Brian McCann
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Carlos Correa
MI: Carlos Hernandez
CI: Yonder Alonso
OF: Mookie Betts, Odubel Herrera, Michael Conforto, Cody Bellinger, Aaron Altherr
Util: Gregory Polanco
BN: Hanley Ramirez, Mitch Haniger
DL: Trevor Story

P: Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, Danny Salazar, Rich Hill, Robbie Ray, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Edwin Diaz, Justin Wilson
BN: Corey Kluber

The best FAs are:
Hitters: Bregman, Cozart, Pillar, Marwin, Broxton, Holliday
Pitchers: Nola, Tillman, Morton (plus DL guys Britton and Taillon)

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 15, 2017

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Offer him to the Chapman owner for an arm and a leg

So Kershaw and Hamilton?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Would you be confident enough in a Alonso/Bellinger/Hanley three-headed beast at 1B to trade Miggy Cabrera? Carlos Hernandez to trade Dee Gordon? Trevor Story/Zack Cozart to trade Carlos Correa??? This team is 9th out of 10 in a mixed 5x5 Roto league and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Should I just stand pat and wait for guys to bounce back/get healthy?

C: Brian McCann
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Kyle Weaver
SS: Carlos Correa
MI: Carlos Hernandez
CI: Yonder Alonso
OF: Mookie Betts, Odubel Herrera, Michael Conforto, Cody Bellinger, Aaron Altherr
Util: Gregory Polanco
BN: Hanley Ramirez, Mitch Haniger
DL: Trevor Story

P: Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, Danny Salazar, Rich Hill, Robbie Ray, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Edwin Diaz, Justin Wilson
BN: Corey Kluber

The best FAs are:
Hitters: Bregman, Cozart, Pillar, Marwin, Broxton, Holliday
Pitchers: Nola, Tillman, Morton (plus DL guys Britton and Taillon)

Kyle Seager?

The only thing I'd do is find a better catcher. Surely in a 10 team there's someone better.

How are you on games started pace? I'm trying to spot start my way in to being way ahead of pace, then roster a bunch of good RP for the last month or so to hopefully drop my ratios and boost my season end strikeout total.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would you be confident enough in a Alonso/Bellinger/Hanley three-headed beast at 1B to trade Miggy

I'd take miggy rest of the year over those guys. I'm only confident in Hanley and he gets hurt all the time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

euphronius posted:

I'd take miggy rest of the year over those guys. I'm only confident in Hanley and he gets hurt all the time.

Bellinger was a .270ish hitter that strikes out a ton but gets dingers. Alonso is also a .270ish hitter and has way, way more HRs than he's ever hit before.

I think Bellinger is a legit Trevor Story type player that will get a huge green light to swing at everything and sock his 25+ dingers. Adrian Gonzalez coming back shouldn't affect him too much. I can't see how Alonso keeps it up though and Hanley is for sure going to get hurt. Definitely keep Miggy and just enjoy Bellinger.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Moneyball posted:

Kyle Seager?

The only thing I'd do is find a better catcher. Surely in a 10 team there's someone better.

How are you on games started pace? I'm trying to spot start my way in to being way ahead of pace, then roster a bunch of good RP for the last month or so to hopefully drop my ratios and boost my season end strikeout total.

McCann is actually currently the #3 catcher behind only Salvy and Posey. He's having a good year, in an insanely good lineup.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Moneyball posted:

Kyle Seager?

Yeah, that was a missed autocorrect, I meant Seager. Catcher is actually pretty thin: there's the injured trio of Martin, Castillo, and D'Arnaud, but aside from them the best ones are maybe Cervelli, Bandy, or Rupp. And I'm coming in pretty low on starts so I can probably spot start more, but I'm concerned about trying to stream guys like Cahill and Eduardo Rodriguez who might just get picked up and held. Would you rather have Nola or Cahill or Tillman over someone like Rodriguez, Lynn, or even Robbie Ray?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Shows what I know. I have Realmuto or Lucroy in all my leagues. Please start hitting, Lucroy.

Yeah, that was a missed autocorrect, I meant Seager. Catcher is actually pretty thin: there's the injured trio of Martin, Castillo, and D'Arnaud, but aside from them the best ones are maybe Cervelli, Bandy, or Rupp. And I'm coming in pretty low on starts so I can probably spot start more, but I'm concerned about trying to stream guys like Cahill and Eduardo Rodriguez who might just get picked up and held. Would you rather have Nola or Cahill or Tillman over someone like Rodriguez, Lynn, or even Robbie Ray?

How about an open roster spot for streams, hitter spot starts against bad pitcher, and RP fill-ins?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moneyball posted:

Shows what I know. I have Realmuto or Lucroy in all my leagues. Please start hitting, Lucroy.

Lucroy's bat has come around a bit in the past week. I need Gary's 110mph exit velo to stop being directed right at fielders now.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Wheeler is probably worth starting on a two start week, right? I'd have to bench one of Cole, McCullers, Pineda, or Colome to work him in. Leaning towards either benching Colome or leaving Wheeler on the bench since I like the matchups of the others. It's a points league so benching a closer wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Just traded Cruz and Pineda for Machado. Had to make room for JD Martinez, opened up a roster spot for streaming, and now I no longer have to start Brad Miller every loving day.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Nice

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ahhh yes the annual carrasco injury

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

Wheeler is probably worth starting on a two start week, right? I'd have to bench one of Cole, McCullers, Pineda, or Colome to work him in. Leaning towards either benching Colome or leaving Wheeler on the bench since I like the matchups of the others. It's a points league so benching a closer wouldn't be a big deal for me.

I like what I've seen from Zack Wheeler. I think he sticks in the rotation all year. Own him in 3 of 4 leagues.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Logan Forsythe should be back soonish if you're desperate for a 2B.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I like what I've seen from Zack Wheeler. I think he sticks in the rotation all year. Own him in 3 of 4 leagues.

um, all year? You realize he pitches for the Mets? He'll probably tear his rotator cuff making toast.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I've done some research and have come to the conclusion: gently caress pitching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you're in a deep league and need a catcher that doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out, Yan Gomes has a .992 OPS since bottoming out in mid-April and is out there in over 95% of Y! leagues

• Locked thread