Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Oh so that's why it's shipping this week with Batman #23.

Word inside is they retooled the last 6 pages and thus it got bumped. But still, this ain't like CW2 or Secret Wars levels of late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The end of Flash #22's leakin'. Be careful out there.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FoneBone posted:

Am I missing something, or is Johns outright admitting that he wrote Rebirth without an actual plan for the Watchmen storyline?

Well at least Johns is keeping DC consistent. :v:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Teenage Fansub posted:

The end of Flash #22's leakin'. Be careful out there.

Careful of what, exactly? There's nothing to spoil, really.

Anyway, has anything been done with the three Jokers or with Wonder Woman's twin brother yet? I feel like those were also reveals done more to get attention for Rebirth and Justice League #50 than because there was an actual story idea behind them that the Batman or WW writers wanted to tackle.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't been following the story, but I don't see how those pages spoil anything that wouldn't be obvious to anyone who was.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

X-O posted:

drat, why'd it have to be Gary Frank?
I will back you up on this one X-O, Frank's complete inability to draw human mouths without showing bizarre amounts of upper teeth like everyone's always sucking on a lemon or something drives me up the goddamn motherfucking wall.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Anyway, has anything been done with the three Jokers or with Wonder Woman's twin brother yet? I feel like those were also reveals done more to get attention for Rebirth and Justice League #50 than because there was an actual story idea behind them that the Batman or WW writers wanted to tackle.

For the three Jokers, as far as I know, nope. I think I vaguely remember hearing something about an October Batman thing? Batman isn't really my thing :shrug:

Doomsday Clock looks really unnecessary (outside of the fat stacks that it will make off events), tbh; they really just could have dropped it and been like "we messed up in the past, we'll not mess up in the future" rather than doing a crossover event-thing where I'm hoping that they don't just dump on Alan Moore.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Eh, I decided to just remove Teen Titans from my pull list.

I wasn't liking the book anyway ever since Jonboy left, but it still feels upsetting dropping a series that has my favorites in it, and probably won't be used outside of it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
These are amazing

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

These are amazing
[looney tunes crossover pictures]

On the one hand, I agree for most of them.

On the other hand. Everything about Bugs on that Legion cover and that attempt at Movie Wonder Woman costume in that style looks wrong.

EDIT: More specifically it looks super textured when the the other stuff looks flat and cartoony. It's not even just the fact that it's those costumes, because there's the Martian Manhunter one and it's great.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So... it seems that very little actually happened in The Button. Judging from the alterations in the Detective Comics issue last week, I strongly suspect that this storyline was subjected to a lot of last-minute rewriting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

So... it seems that very little actually happened in The Button. Judging from the alterations in the Detective Comics issue last week, I strongly suspect that this storyline was subjected to a lot of last-minute rewriting.

DC not having anything planned out? Oh no why I never.......... It's not like they would have revealed it was Manhattan, or Ozy or a cosmically powered Rorsharch this entire time in that four issue mini anyway.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barry Convex posted:

Jay shows up, nearly gets the Wally West "you've been here the whole time lemme drag you back to our plane of existence" treatment, is promptly beamed out by Manhattan's light of ruin.

Also, Batman might quit? (He won't, but thanks to his Earth-2 dad's advice, someone will get mauled more than they would have if a dedicated Batman was on the scene)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jiro posted:

DC not having anything planned out? Oh no why I never.......... It's not like they would have revealed it was Manhattan, or Ozy or a cosmically powered Rorsharch this entire time in that four issue mini anyway.

It was an appearance of Tim Drake that got cut. I'd be surprised if it was anyone but Williamson deciding to adjust the plot and just make it Flash-centric (in an issue of The Flash.)

edit:
Six Kirby related one-shots starting in August.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrUgRCWkVo&t=25s
http://www.newsarama.com/34526-dc-unveils-jack-kirby-tribute-one-shots.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 17, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So in Superman #23 did uh Lois just have her whole leg cut off? Because that's sure what it looked like.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

X-O posted:

So in Superman #23 did uh Lois just have her whole leg cut off? Because that's sure what it looked like.

Uhh I might have to read it again because as far as I could tell she just got cut up and was bleeding badly, and Superman cauterized the wound with his heat vision.

I hope everyone appreciates the effort I went through to write spoiler tags on the Android app btw

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

It was an appearance of Tim Drake that got cut. I'd be surprised if it was anyone but Williamson deciding to adjust the plot and just make it Flash-centric (in an issue of The Flash.)

edit:
Six Kirby related one-shots starting in August.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrUgRCWkVo&t=25s
http://www.newsarama.com/34526-dc-unveils-jack-kirby-tribute-one-shots.html

I NEED ALL OF THESE MOTHERFUCKERS IMMEDIATELY!!!!

DIE FOR DARKSEID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

purple death ray posted:

Uhh I might have to read it again because as far as I could tell she just got cut up and was bleeding badly, and Superman cauterized the wound with his heat vision.

I hope everyone appreciates the effort I went through to write spoiler tags on the Android app btw

Maybe it was an art error, but it sure looked like what I said.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Nah, X-O saw it right.

:ohdear:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Holy poo poo.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh shiiiiiiittt! Lois!! :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not really seeing how you can be unsure on that one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't want any of those until they announce creative teams.

gently caress announcing things without creative teams.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

BrianWilly posted:

Nah, X-O saw it right.

:ohdear:

lol

"got cut up"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well at least it wasn't an arm. DC really is changing things up with Rebirth!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

redbackground posted:

lol

"got cut up"

I somehow missed it. I was just reading the dialogue. I guess this is what I get for trying to read my comics early in the morning before work.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So in Superman this has been a redux of "What's So Good about Truth, Justice, and the American Way Anyway"? I'm down for that especially with the reveal at the end of the issue. Will be neat to see Jon turn into a vengeful god and lay waste to the entire county.

I guess this will be how they either move back to the Kent Farm in Smallville, or impossible Metropolis penthouse apartment.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

I guess this will be how they either move back to the Kent Farm in Smallville, or impossible Metropolis penthouse apartment.

Action already kinda spoiled it by having the Kents go impossible-apartment hunting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I don't want any of those until they announce creative teams.

gently caress announcing things without creative teams.

If the covers are any indication of the interior artists, I'm down for a Burnham Darkseid.

edit: Sienkiewicz, Timm and Chaykin too, though it's tough to imagine Sienkiewicz doing interiors.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 17, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

So yeah not a lot ended up happening in The Button when all was said and done. Batman has a bit more daddy issues, but it's not like King wasn't drowning him in those already.

Although I did get a small kick out of the fact that, canonically, neither Barry nor Jay care that much about each other to be Jay's anchor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So who the hell is gonna be his anchor?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So who the hell is gonna be his anchor?

Old man Johnny Thunder?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Honestly, I feel like the heroic Jay appearance alone would've made the whole storyline worth it if they hadn't spoiled it in the (admittedly really cool) cover months in advance. Imagine reading the issue, not knowing who the voice speaking to Barry was, and then all of a sudden having it revealed as Jay Garrick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BrianWilly posted:

So yeah not a lot ended up happening in The Button when all was said and done. Batman has a bit more daddy issues, but it's not like King wasn't drowning him in those already.

Although I did get a small kick out of the fact that, canonically, neither Barry nor Jay care that much about each other to be Jay's anchor.

I hope it end up being Wally

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

From Justice League/Power Rangers.

(Tom Taylor also wrote this book)

(which you should be reading)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BrianWilly posted:

Barry is the loving worst.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Is Bart alive in this continuity?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Jiro posted:

We don't know. It seems like he would have to be considering some of the other poo poo they keep alluding to.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DC has gone 0 days without a dismemberment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

Bart's night even jay but Max Mercury would be his