Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

p-hop posted:

You know what pairs really well with Leoric's tomb? Zul'jin's guillotine. That's some good stuff.

Entomb with expulsion zone is a really long aoe stun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Leo needs a rework and part of that is hardened bones and buried alive baseline.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

It doesn't play well but the idea is you play a "mage" zuljin where you boost your W and mainly use your auto's to trigger boosted bonus Q damage. That way you don't spend as long close to the enemy so they have less chance to chunk you. I would never pick zuljin for it but sometimes in QM you wind up against a team where you're never going to get many auto attacks in.

I really wish they'd buff Guillotine by removing one of its two cast times and make the hit box a bit bigger. Throw on an extra 10 sec cooldown or something to compensate and it might be a decent burst/finishing ult instead of a trap ult.

Yeah besides the fact that Tazdingo is safer and lets you poo poo out more damage, the aiming vector and casting animations for guillotine are just bad. Like Valla's ult though, it's just the right shape to drop inside a tomb. Feels good to turn Jaina into chunky marinara instantly.

His level 1 Q talent isn't bad if your team comp is hosed / you have a really lovely lane. The later Q talents don't feel like they're worth it ever. His AA boosts are just too good not to get.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 15, 2017

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Leo needs a rework and part of that is hardened bones and buried alive baseline.

Buried Alive is worthless, why does it need to be baseline?

p-hop posted:

Yeah besides the fact that Tazdingo is safer and lets you poo poo out more damage, the aiming vector and casting animations for guillotine are just bad. Like Valla's ult though, it's just the right shape to drop inside a tomb. Feels good to turn Jaina into chunky marinara instantly.

His level 1 Q talent isn't bad if your team comp is hosed / you have a really lovely lane. The later Q talents don't feel like they're worth it ever. His AA boosts are just too good not to get.

The Q talent that gives increased charges of the debuff and CDR on hit is good too. Pretty massive uptime increase.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

exquisite tea posted:

Does anybody have some pro Lunara strats? I bought her because Dryads were my favorite NE unit from War3 and 'yads are rad, and right now I just pick her most used talents from hotslogs. I get the basic gist of how she plays in that you're supposed to ambush people, apply a whole bunch of the poison dot, and then refresh it with W when they try to run away. And if you get jumped yourself... ur ded, basically.

https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/lunara#25.0!3111231

This is the general build I tend to use in supportless QMs, with some variation at the 7 tier. Most people tend to build more around her autos and that's totally viable, but I get a lot of takedowns on people who break and run with 9 seconds of poison and no one to heal them. Plenty of people will tell you that Siphoning Toxin isn't worth it at 7, and if you have a reliable support this is probably true. In that case all her other talents have uses. However, I find that with Lunara's poke and mobility, even the small heals from Siphoning can keep her from having to B for a good amount longer.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Is Arthus good now I got a cool skin

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He seems fine.

What I'm enjoying in hots now is I am finding a lot of success just picking talents as seems right to me, instead of just following hotslogs

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dugong posted:

Is Arthus good now I got a cool skin

He's not the best at being a solo warrior but he's not garbo

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What I'm enjoying in hots now is I am finding a lot of success just picking talents as seems right to me, instead of just following hotslogs

I'm honestly doing the lot of the same thing, and it's more fun than worrying too much about a meta build. I certainly won't take a talent blindly, but assessing the match as it has gone so far and how it might yet play out is more interesting than sticking to the most played build every game.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
You guys know that makes you more of a tryhard than following the most-picked talents every game right? Not that it's a bad thing (it's what you should be doing) but sounds like you guys are proud of yourselves for sticking it to The Meta even though that's literally what you are playing to

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Who are the best QM choices if I assume my team is gonna gently caress up every objective, never soak xp, and die between lanes constantly fighting over nothing?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Poultron posted:

You guys know that makes you more of a tryhard than following the most-picked talents every game right? Not that it's a bad thing (it's what you should be doing) but sounds like you guys are proud of yourselves for sticking it to The Meta even though that's literally what you are playing to

Oh, nah. I'm not trying to gloat. I accept that the meta is meta for a reason, and also that I am being a bit of a tryhard and trying to win to the best of my ability. I don't think I'm being a secret underground counterculture HotS nerd or anything. Apologies if I came off that way.

I am personally having more fun not digging into HotSlogs every time I change heroes, but I totally get that some most-picked talents are most-picked with very good reason.

Toshimo posted:

Who are the best QM choices if I assume my team is gonna gently caress up every objective, never soak xp, and die between lanes constantly fighting over nothing?

Sonya, Azmodan, Varian, Murky.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I can see 3 of those, but Varian doesn't seem to do all that much than be a tanky nuisance. That's not super impactful if your team is dumb.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Even if you don't go Prot, Arms and Fury can have a lot of durability and sustain for small skirmishes and mercing.

Straight up I have played Varian very little, those were just the four that came to mind right away when I thought about your question.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There a lot of situational talents that are really good against certain heroes (such as any kind of anti-stealth), and others that will help you overcome a bad QM team comp. It's also way more fun than going the same exact build every single match. And then next time you are in that niche situation, you'll know how to handle it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Poultron posted:

What I was trying to say was that talents aren't by and large hot garbage anymore

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What I was trying to say was that talents aren't by and large hot garbage anymore

There's still a few trap talents here and there so I still check the winrates on them but yeah I mostly trust my gut these days.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I check it for new heroes usually just to make sure I don't get hosed by a trap talent, and the data helps me make a more informed decision regardless.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Green Fever

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
I just played my first Anub'arak game since I came back. Holy crap he feels good right now. The opponents drafted KT, Azmodan, Lili and ETC, so I felt obligated to play him. They even took jugs and mosh, so I just spent the whole game cancelling ults and laughing at spell damage. Too bad there's not one of those end of the match awards for cancelling ults :sigh:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I have decided since yesterday that I don't like Zul'jin much anymore and that Valla is Very Good

Wish I were better at melee assassins though, having only Valla and Gul'dan as my staples in HL is kinda limiting :(

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

SirSamVimes posted:

Buried Alive is worthless, why does it need to be baseline?

i want my favorite skelefriend buffed and i want a real upgrade on level 20 now that entomb is the Good Ult

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

This is a good picture

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i want my favorite skelefriend buffed and i want a real upgrade on level 20 now that entomb is the Good Ult

Entomb has always been the good ult. And Spectral Leech is the only level 20 you need.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Toshimo posted:

I can see 3 of those, but Varian doesn't seem to do all that much than be a tanky nuisance. That's not super impactful if your team is dumb.

If you go Second Wind and Fury, he's probably the best at soaking and capturing mercs there is.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Samuro is probably better for mercing overall since he can steal camps pretty easily.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want an Alarak-like level 20 for Anub'arak that gives you his other ult.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

This is the stupiddest brawl I've ever seen, like holy poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'll probably never play them in a real game because they kind of require constant map awareness that I just don't have, but I played The Lost Vikings in a co-op AI match (had some daily quests to fulfill, and they were at level 1 so easy lootbox) and they're actually really fun. Their ability to soak 3 lanes of XP at once is awesome.

That being said, it was AI. It's probably a million times harder to play them against real people. Also, I had a hard time doing their abilities when they opened up, and switching between them all at the same time. I was surprised how much they could do independently though without you focusing on them.

Also tried out some Brightwing. She is also very fun.

I also tried out Sgt Hammer. She is not very fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

There is a real upgrade on 20. It's called Spectral Leech.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

I still want a Hogger hero. Instead of having "Quest" talents, he can have "Quested On" talents that give him buffs/give enemies debuffs if they do damage to him/kill him.

Example talent: "Quested on: Bane of Goldshire" - whenever a hero lands a killing blow on Hogger, Hogger respawns 50% faster and gains a bonus 100 health, stacking indefinitely with each death. However, if Hogger is killed by any other source, all bonus health is lost.

Caeks fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 16, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Caeks posted:

I still want a Hogger hero. Instead of having "Quest" talents, he can have "Quested On" talents that give him buffs/give enemies debuffs if they do damage to him/kill him.

"Hogger, stop feeding." "I'm helping!"

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
OK so I might have missed the right thread but I need some kindly goon to befriend me and duo with me to get the Overwatch rewards.

My battle tag is Adjudicator #1612, feel free to hit me up.. I'll try to be on most nights this week during US EST hours.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Bogart posted:

"Hogger, stop feeding." "I'm helping!"

Another talent: "Quested on: King of the Gnoll" - Whenever Hogger is damaged by an ability, Hogger spawns a lesser Gnoll that attacks enemies for 8 seconds. After being hit by 40 abilities, Hogger then spawns a lesser Gnoll every 8 seconds.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

FieryBalrog posted:

OK so I might have missed the right thread but I need some kindly goon to befriend me and duo with me to get the Overwatch rewards.

My battle tag is Adjudicator #1612, feel free to hit me up.. I'll try to be on most nights this week during US EST hours.

Why arn't you in SAgoons in game?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Caeks posted:

Another talent: "Quested on: King of the Gnoll" - Whenever Hogger is damaged by an ability, Hogger spawns a lesser Gnoll that attacks enemies for 8 seconds. After being hit by 40 abilities, Hogger then spawns a lesser Gnoll every 8 seconds.

drat you people are not very good at this

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

FieryBalrog posted:

/join SAGoons in-game. Download Discord, it makes it more fun.

Our discord server is https://www.tinyurl.com/sagoons or just ask for a link in-game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

yes, mage build zul'jin. it is my fault that you didn't get MVP :allears:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Leoric entomb Lv 20 that let allies walk through it and made it a proper box would be enticing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SirSamVimes posted:

yes, mage build zul'jin. it is my fault that you didn't get MVP :allears:

why would you post a chatlog of you being badly owned :thinking: