Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Chill la Chill posted:

OTOH, buyers also want "market price" at ebay less the %ebay and paypal fees and think it's unreasonable to split the difference at least.

Oh, they're also garbage. Every single person in this hobby (and similar, like MTG) are out to make a "big score" on every single transaction.

I got my Krennic and Jyn promos from Celebration today, from eBay. The seller wrote me a very nice hand-written note wishing me luck in die rolling. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Benthalus posted:

I'm looking forward to playing actual people with mine, and rather sad I haven't found a second Force Speed yet.

I have a third and the deal I was making to trade it looks like it will fall through, so if I wind up still having it I'll trade it to you

Also, eLuke/Maz Fast Hands Force Speed is like Mario Kart or Monopoly - fun, yet an incredibly fast way to lose friends for life

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

guts and bolts posted:

Also, eLuke/Maz Fast Hands Force Speed is like Mario Kart or Monopoly - fun, yet an incredibly fast way to lose friends for life

I'm hearing the same buzz around ePoe/eMaz. Maz has got fast hands built in, and if you can draw into Fast Hands on Poe first turn your opponent is going to lose very quickly and have 20 minutes left in the 35 minute round to complain about it before the next round starts.

But there are a lot of decks out there that can one-shot Maz in the first round, so there's that.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

canyoneer posted:

I'm hearing the same buzz around ePoe/eMaz. Maz has got fast hands built in, and if you can draw into Fast Hands on Poe first turn your opponent is going to lose very quickly and have 20 minutes left in the 35 minute round to complain about it before the next round starts.

But there are a lot of decks out there that can one-shot Maz in the first round, so there's that.

ePoe/eMaz, eLuke/Maz, and eJango/eTR-8R are the decks currently making mincemeat out of the people I play with, although my eJyn/Commando deck has acquitted itself admirably amidst that murderer's row

ePalp and Fast Hands Vader got lots of hype but haven't performed as well on the table, though ePalp is a good benchmark deck imo; if you can't beat it, you should retool your deck

The only troubling thing is how unrelentingly aggro the meta I play in is. Action cheats and all in by round 2 is a tough environment to live in if you're a hard mill deck or control oriented, though I think Unkar is a good cornerstone for that maybe?

Basically every deck that is going ham at the moment is capable of cranking out crazy damage very quickly, and even though my eLuke/Maz is short on damage-oriented upgrades it never seems to matter, it just rips people in half. Like, my eJyn/Commando is easy to think of as a "tempo" deck when really it's just straight aggro plus some hand destruction. That's a weird meta to me.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

guts and bolts posted:

I have a third and the deal I was making to trade it looks like it will fall through, so if I wind up still having it I'll trade it to you

Cool thanks, let me know, I've got cards (Awakenings and SoR Legendaries and Rares) or cash I'd be happy to trade away.

Has anyone played Qui-Gon/Rey against one of the Maz decks? Vibroknife is going to be hard to deal with but the consistent damage and a good match-up for Force Misdirection seems like it would help.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Benthalus posted:

Cool thanks, let me know, I've got cards (Awakenings and SoR Legendaries and Rares) or cash I'd be happy to trade away.

Has anyone played Qui-Gon/Rey against one of the Maz decks? Vibroknife is going to be hard to deal with but the consistent damage and a good match-up for Force Misdirection seems like it would help.

vibroknife is meta-warpingly good imo and while I've only played a purely Awakenings Quiggy/Rey I demolished it 4-0

It would definitely be harder in the SoR version of Quiggy/Rey, though

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A lot of games in the SoR meta are going to be decided by rolls in round one. Damage is going to come hard and fast and there will be little to nothing you can do to stop it. This set was already sent off to production by the time Awakenings was really making it into players hands, so we'll have to wait for the next set to judge the direction of the game.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, that's my view of the meta at the moment too. Lukas did an interview with the Knights of Ren guys at worlds where he mentions he was surprised by how popular and powerful all the action cheating was, in particular how good Rey was. Now the second set was at the printers ages ago so there was no time to change things up but they basically doubled down on the action cheating in set 2 and it is going to be pretty intense for a while. Maz is just stupidly efficient at getting damage through that you cannot mitigate.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Yeah, that's my view of the meta at the moment too. Lukas did an interview with the Knights of Ren guys at worlds where he mentions he was surprised by how popular and powerful all the action cheating was, in particular how good Rey was. Now the second set was at the printers ages ago so there was no time to change things up but they basically doubled down on the action cheating in set 2 and it is going to be pretty intense for a while. Maz is just stupidly efficient at getting damage through that you cannot mitigate.

Action cheats plus MAITF

Seems good to me

#heroblue

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

guts and bolts posted:

Action cheats plus MAITF

Seems good to me

#heroblue

And MAITF with two starting dice that have a 3 melee side and another die that can focus to it immediately 1/3 of the time.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Like I honestly have tons of fun playing Destiny, basically always, but I get it

Poe Maz, Luke Maz, Ammo Belt + Second Chance loops, Vibroknife existing all, it's a tough meta to experiment in

But holy smokes is there so much crying on Reddit and YouTube about ~the meta~ and while yeah it's annoying to see the direction in design SOR took as an Awakenings follow up sometimes, there's waaaayyyyy too much gloom and doom about how Destiny is a dead game etc

Honestly I'm more worried about product availability

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the designers need to make good use of the set aside zone in the next crd

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KongGeorgeVII posted:

"I'm surprised taking extra turns in a card game is so popular and strong"
:psyduck:

for that to come from the lead designer of a flagship game in 2017 is embarasssing.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
To be fair action cheating makes sense from a design standpoint to avoid control becoming too oppressive. It was even pretty balanced in awakenings, only one rey made it to top 4 at worlds and didn't make the final. I worry that we have hit a tipping point with SoR but it won't kill the game. There is ample opportunity for new sets and erratas to get the balance right again and I have confidence that Lukas and FFG will be able to find it.

You have to remember Awakenings had an incredibly diverse meta for a new game with only a single set available. I played on the first day at worlds and there were 9 different character combinations on the top 8 tables during the last round of swiss. That is awesome for a game with such a small card pool.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I agree Awakenings has a good balance, and SoR will still be a varied environment, it'll just lean heavily towards fast aggro decks. Two things you have to be very careful with in competitive games is cost cheating and action economic. The first hasn't been an issue yet, but the second is even more important to keep in check in Destiny given the back and forth design.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bottom Liner posted:

"I'm surprised taking extra turns in a card game is so popular and strong"
:psyduck:

for that to come from the lead designer of a flagship game in 2017 is embarasssing.

Designers still make the same mistakes over and over again even in newer games so I'm just glad they didn't fall into the trap of making yet another professor oak/elm/ancestral recall/gary as well. The time walk pitfall is a pretty big one but kong's got it right in that there's some sort of sweet spot between too few and too many considering how control (decks) and tempo in this game are different from their versions in MTG.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I played that Anakin/Kylo list at a little local event tonight (my first), and won a couple packs - including my second FN-2199, hooray!

Match 1 was against Unkar Plutt/FN-2199/Stormtrooper. I wasn't sure what the big threat was here; I hit Unkar Plutt hard and he dropped almost immediately; I hoped the lack of resources would keep him off good equipment for TR-8R. Alas, he just kept dropping Rocket Launchers and Flamethrowers etc, and was able to take my boys down in the end. Good learning experience.

Match 2 was a bye, but they hand out a pack per win, so - score.

Match 3 was against Darth Vader/Bala-Tik, and my deck worked exactly how I wanted. My opening hand had Enrage, Lightsaber, Holocron and Force Throw. I did so much damage on my first couple rolls that Vader was gone in a flash. Bala-Tik didn't really put up any fight, and after a few turns where he kept me off damage dice I got the win.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'll be heading to my first event after picking up some stuff on the weekend. I've built Anakin/FN-2199 to start with.

What would be some staple cards to run/try and track down? I've got the two vibroknives and a riot control baton but not that many other not-yellow weapons to make use of FN's ability. Is Force Speed/Holocron worth running in this kind of deck? Also what dice fuckery should I be running (aside from Anger, which has done some serious work from the few games I've played)?

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I'm not gonna say holocron belongs in every blue deck, but I think you need a specific reason not to include it. I guess if you make the choice to lean heavily on weapons to maximize FN you could just use blue for the events.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Yeah, I would agree. If you're paring 2199 with blue, I think it would mostly be for any specific Events or Support, since without going weapon heavy I'd wager you could do better than 2199 anyway. Generic Lightsabers wouldn't be terrible with him though.

e: Or the new Lightsaber Pike, which is especially potent with him since if you roll it out for free and aren't able to resolve it, you can use its Action for a shield, then re-roll it when you activate 2199. Seems fine.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Traded a Han Solo and Holdout Blaster for a Force Speed and played a few casual matches, my Luke/Maz against Baze/Maz.

First two games we traded quick blowouts (Maz dies first and fast).

Final game I found out how valuable cards like Caution and Guard can be. Those let me get to my Lone Operative on Luke, and that let me survive to win in a last round that came down to final rolls. Using a blank for Caution or a lone +3 melee for Guard just feels really good. Decisive Blow is really expensive, but gets so much better as the game goes along and the resources aren't as scarce.

Also, Cargo Hold seems interesting in this deck. Opponent targeting Luke? Play Second Chance on Maz and move it over. Targeting Maz? Play One With The Force on Luke and move it over. Plus Force Speed on Maz would be fun.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Benthalus posted:

Traded a Han Solo and Holdout Blaster for a Force Speed and played a few casual matches, my Luke/Maz against Baze/Maz.

First two games we traded quick blowouts (Maz dies first and fast).

Final game I found out how valuable cards like Caution and Guard can be. Those let me get to my Lone Operative on Luke, and that let me survive to win in a last round that came down to final rolls. Using a blank for Caution or a lone +3 melee for Guard just feels really good. Decisive Blow is really expensive, but gets so much better as the game goes along and the resources aren't as scarce.

Also, Cargo Hold seems interesting in this deck. Opponent targeting Luke? Play Second Chance on Maz and move it over. Targeting Maz? Play One With The Force on Luke and move it over. Plus Force Speed on Maz would be fun.

I've been running Otoh Gunga or Maz's Castle; I oughta try Cargo Hold

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I tried to get in this game at launch and gave up around February due to the supply issues. Someone at X-wing League said those issues are almost fixed. I'm OK with not owning ask the cards and just buying what I need for a deck. I do own two of both starters, and a couple boosters that didn't give me much.

That said, is there a viable Luke/Leia list? Nothing groundbreaking or tournament winning, just something that can hang with a bit of luck.

Failing that, what are good decks for Luke and Leia separately?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Supply issues aren't quite fixed. We should be getting a second wave of the new set in a week and a reprint of Awakenings in June.

Leia Luke probably wouldn't be great since Leia is all ranged and Luke is all melee. Leia goes really well in mono red with Ackbar or Mothma. I'm partial to mothma because of the extra focus side. Get wingman, all in, it's a trap, hit and run, and a bunch of red guns and you are pretty much set. Throw in a little survivability with field medic, dug in, and defensive position and you have a decent aggro deck. It's also fairly cheap since it doesn't require much if any legendaries.

I haven't really played luke and don't see him in my area much, but I've heard he pairs well with Maz now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do any of the various Destiny apps download the card image or have the text on hand? The one I picked pulls card info from a webpage and won't work when I don't have internet access.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Local store is getting less product this second wave than they did the first and still can't cover all their preorders afaik. Supply issues getting resolved is fake news. Sad!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Well this is only the 2nd wave of a planned 4, possibly 5. Small sets like this one will also be less printed and only printed once, so they are meant to be rarer, kind of. Barnes and Noble is also in the game now, so they are getting some of the product. I can't imagine the other waves will be much bigger, because why would they be? It looks like product is getting shipped basically as it's ready, so the first wave would have probably been the largest, considering the time during production and until release would have been the greatest. The second wave is basically what was printed after the first wave shipped, so several weeks shorter. The next waves would follow the same logic.

All considered, I fully expect that the other waves will be just as short, maybe only slightly larger for whatever reason. I fully expect Force Speed to be an $80 card one day, since this set is small and that card is going to be so meta popular for a long time to come. Vibroknife will probably be a $25-$30 card, though being at rare instead of legendary might help with keeping it's value low.

Basically, buy your stuff now or expect to pay more later. If you are trying to spec on stuff, i'd go after Force Speed, Vibroknife, FN-2199, and Maz Kanata now before they start getting more and more expensive. They are going to be played for a long time to come. There are a few other cards as well but those are the big 4 from this set.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Well this is only the 2nd wave of a planned 4, possibly 5. Small sets like this one will also be less printed and only printed once, so they are meant to be rarer, kind of. Barnes and Noble is also in the game now, so they are getting some of the product. I can't imagine the other waves will be much bigger, because why would they be? It looks like product is getting shipped basically as it's ready, so the first wave would have probably been the largest, considering the time during production and until release would have been the greatest. The second wave is basically what was printed after the first wave shipped, so several weeks shorter. The next waves would follow the same logic.

All considered, I fully expect that the other waves will be just as short, maybe only slightly larger for whatever reason. I fully expect Force Speed to be an $80 card one day, since this set is small and that card is going to be so meta popular for a long time to come. Vibroknife will probably be a $25-$30 card, though being at rare instead of legendary might help with keeping it's value low.

Basically, buy your stuff now or expect to pay more later. If you are trying to spec on stuff, i'd go after Force Speed, Vibroknife, FN-2199, and Maz Kanata now before they start getting more and more expensive. They are going to be played for a long time to come. There are a few other cards as well but those are the big 4 from this set.

I know they did 4 waves for awakening, but I haven't seen any info that SoR was going to have a specific number of waves.

I do agree on Force Speed/Vibroknife, I can't see those dropping in value anytime soon. I'm less sure on non-legendary characters, people only need 2 of them at most, and judging from the numbers I got when getting a complete set of SoR (took about 5.5 boxes, plus a bunch of trading), they shouldn't be that rare.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Devlan Mud posted:

Local store is getting less product this second wave than they did the first and still can't cover all their preorders afaik. Supply issues getting resolved is fake news. Sad!

LOL how many times are people going to fall for this? At the beginning of the month everyone's response was "this wave was supposed to be small wait till the one at the end of the month it'll be huge". Jfc.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Meanwhile, the stores in my area are filled with the product and everyone's already had their fill. A store or two even lifted the maximum purchase/customer to 12 and they still have a couple boxes left. Everyone's waiting for the awakenings reprint instead and I guess there's been enough of a drop in regular players that demand just isn't that high anymore. Prerelease had huge numbers, maybe ~20+ per store, but the few weekly events have dropped to ~6-8 regulars.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
A lot of why some stores have little and some stores have tons is because FFG/Asmodee didn't base order numbers off of previous Destiny orders, but orders of their entire line. So stores that order tons of other FFG/Asmodee product had huge allocations if they wanted them, and why wouldn't they considering how popular the game was? But they don't have a local community that is consuming all that product so it just has to sit there. And only a few retailers can sell online, so those stores have no other way of getting that product out there.

Kind of a mistake but they probably didn't have many other figures to base allocations on considering there is only one other set.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Product may be scarce in some areas but you can still find boxes online for MSRP or less, so it's not nearly as bad as awakenings was. Also half the barnes & nobles in town still have product on their shelves, I just don't want to drive 10 miles to get it since the one near me sold out and I've spent enough on destiny for the month anyways. And as someone else already said, they're releasing another wave in a week from today.

Chill la Chill posted:

Meanwhile, the stores in my area are filled with the product and everyone's already had their fill. A store or two even lifted the maximum purchase/customer to 12 and they still have a couple boxes left. Everyone's waiting for the awakenings reprint instead and I guess there's been enough of a drop in regular players that demand just isn't that high anymore. Prerelease had huge numbers, maybe ~20+ per store, but the few weekly events have dropped to ~6-8 regulars.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the awakenings reprint at this point. I've spent enough on SoR that I'm just trading or buying a few singles from here on out.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 18, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ShowTime posted:

A lot of why some stores have little and some stores have tons is because FFG/Asmodee didn't base order numbers off of previous Destiny orders, but orders of their entire line. So stores that order tons of other FFG/Asmodee product had huge allocations if they wanted them, and why wouldn't they considering how popular the game was? But they don't have a local community that is consuming all that product so it just has to sit there. And only a few retailers can sell online, so those stores have no other way of getting that product out there.

Kind of a mistake but they probably didn't have many other figures to base allocations on considering there is only one other set.

Makes sense. There's a strong overlap between the destiny and x-wing crowds and product allocation/satisfaction here.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

siggy2021 posted:

I haven't really played luke and don't see him in my area much, but I've heard he pairs well with Maz now.

Yes, I went 3-1 last night with eLuke/Maz. The loss was definitely due to poor rolls, nothing like Luke with Makashi Training rolling blank/focus/resource as the initial activation two rounds in a row, and not a single focus from Maz. Didn't help that my opponent was rolling natural specials from Poe left and right.

My third game I defeated Padme with a Second Chance in round 2.

I'm really happy Luke has a viable deck now.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Hauki posted:

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the awakenings reprint at this point. I've spent enough on SoR that I'm just trading or buying a few singles from here on out.
Are you going to make it to the Louisville, CO store championship on May 27th?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Benthalus posted:

Yes, I went 3-1 last night with eLuke/Maz. The loss was definitely due to poor rolls, nothing like Luke with Makashi Training rolling blank/focus/resource as the initial activation two rounds in a row, and not a single focus from Maz. Didn't help that my opponent was rolling natural specials from Poe left and right.

My third game I defeated Padme with a Second Chance in round 2.

I'm really happy Luke has a viable deck now.

Makashi Training was the last card I cut from my deck, and I sometimes wish I hadn't. Sometimes.

Fast Hands/Force Speed and either Vibroknife or Force Throw on Luke, Goggles on Maz, Lone Op if necessary since healing is stronger than shielding in this meta; I might cut my OwtFs again for Makashi Training, we'll have to see.

I'm super happy with the blue hero event suite as of SOR - good as heck without feeling busted? MAITF and Guard and Caution all rule, Trust Your Instincts is solid, RotJ is great now, Decisive Blow does work as a one-off,etc.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

KO Derf posted:

Are you going to make it to the Louisville, CO store championship on May 27th?

I didn't know about it, but maybe? Traveling for work right now but I should be back in Denver by then. When/where/what do I need to do to sign up? Louisville's kind of a drive for me but I've got friends up there anyways and I wouldn't mind checking out some other stores' scenes. I guess I'd also have to piece together a reasonably competitive deck for that too :v:

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

I played a lot of eLuke/Ackbar in Awakenings, second only to eHan/eRey, and so I thought, hey, instead of just saying "Luke is good" I'd talk about why I think he's good and maybe post my current decklist, which is probably at least 80% similar to most eLuke/Maz lists but gently caress it

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (20)
Maz Kanata Pirate Queen (8)
Maz's Castle Takodana

Upgrades (14)
Fast Hands x2
Force Speed x2
Force Throw x2
Lone Operative x2
Maz's Goggles x2
One With The Force x2
Vibroknife x2

Events (16)
All In x1
Caution x2
Decisive Blow x1
Deflect x2
Electroshock x2
Guard x2
My Ally Is The Force x2
Return Of The Jedi x2
Trust Your Instincts x2

So while the eJyn/Commando deck I run has 0 legendaries, this fucker runs 8 (!!), half of which are in Awakenings. Maybe don't try to put this together if you got started with SOR.

Or maybe do! The eLuke/Ackbar deck I ran had a total of 33 cards, counting characters and the battlefield; eLuke/Maz also has 33. 21 of those are from SOR, which speaks to how weak Hero blue felt in Awakenings if you weren't action-cheating your rear end off with Rey. To me, anyway.

What did we lose. Okay, Dug In is gone, Defensive Position is gone, Field Medic is gone, Leadership is gone. Hit And Run is gone. Also gone is Ackbar's underrated "don't pitch that last thing to reroll" ability text. No more innate 2Focus side. Lots of defensive cards out. The old deck's ability to blow a character out in one swift stroke was built on All In and Hit and Run/Leadership type plays, and keeping Luke alive long enough to achieve them, which was taxing as hell against true tier 1 decks.

I've always thought of Luke as one of the better characters in the game, with an excellent ability text (preferable to adult Vader imo) and great die faces, but his almost prohibitive cost means he's more at the mercy of what gets printed around him than, say, Rey is. I don't think Luke suddenly "became good" in a vacuum, I think he was always good in a vacuum and now deck options expanding makes it more obvious.

With Luke, TYI, and God willing your battlefield, the eLuke/Maz configuration is capable of getting what you need at a very fast clip. This deck wants to see Fast Hands and Force Speed ASAP, and Maz's Goggles early, too. Electroshock and Caution/Guard are not terrible to keep. No need to hard mulligan for Vibroknife imo. Maybe against Quiggy/Rey go for it.

Fast Hands/Force Speed is self-evident; you Fast Hands a special result from Force Speed to:
1) have rolled Luke out;
2) have drawn a card;
3) have been awarded 2 extra actions.
This has a 50/50 chance of happening at any activation natively, which is great. It also costs nothing in resources! Neat.

Vibroknife and Makashi Training if you go that route add damage in a deck that otherwise leans very hard on Luke's high natural result outcomes. Vibroknife has the added bonus of allowing your big dice to ignore shields. I generally put Goggles and a knife on Maz if I can; Luke gets Fast Hands, Force Speed, and Force Throw if I can swing it.

Maz herself is an uber-Fast Hands and makes Ackbar's old routine seem genuinely bad in comparison. Roll her out with Goggles and watch your opponent get mad when you are significantly faster than Jango Fett. Get Focus sides to get Force Speed if you haven't already or set up big plays from Luke, or from Goggles to see their hand, or whatever you want really.

At this velocity you should be able to claim almost at will. ePoe/eMaz and Krennic/DTrooper with Wingman can race you for it but you are in the driver's seat with early Fast Hands/Force Speed. Luke helps you find them. He's great.

This deck can do stupid poo poo like roll Luke, resolve Force Speed special with Fast Hands, roll Maz, change up to 3 die faces with Goggles/Maz Focus results, play MAITF, deal 3 damage to a guy, resolve all melee faces for 5/6+ damage more. In one turn! And the whole cost of that turn once your upgrades are out is a whopping 2 resources! And Fast Hands/Force Speed/Goggles have a combined cost of 1 resource!

This deck can still be outrun by ePoe/eMaz and Imperial Inspection will gently caress your tempo up badly. Ammo Belt/Second Chance mill decks require some finesse. If you don't see Fast Hands or Force Speed you will have to go hard on defense with Caution and Guard, and save Electroshock for Vibroknife die. Maz is, as always, vulnerable to an early game dogpile, so be wary of that.

What else is a con? Well, you only roll 3 dice natively in a meta that seems to be 4 dice or bust, but honestly I'm okay with that. Smallish health pool. Ludicrously expensive to build if you're buying singles from scratch, even if you swap OwtF for Makashi Training.

Basically it's an RX-7. Sure it's fragile and finicky sometimes, and you're paying sports car prices, but when this deck's rotary engine gets going you don't​ want to drive anything else.

Card suggestions!

Second Chance may be worth a look. I don't but I wouldn't criticize you if you did. Ammo Belt is a bridge too far.

Makashi Training helps contend with TR-8R rollouts and other Luke decks, Vader too? They're the main in-meta melee I see. Also it gives you damage which is good.

Some old Awakenings standbys like Use The Force or Jedi Robes or even Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber could find a place in this deck. I'm sure there are options for going full 9500 RPM and taking out the defense cards for MORE OFFENSE. You could probably drop the All In for a second Decisive Blow since it's basically a win condition. Maybe add money making cards if your meta has a ton of Salvage Stand - Comlink? I guess?

Anyway I'm sure there's already been a good eLuke/Maz write-up and this is a phone post so this seems like a good time to stop thumb typing

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I wanted to see people's thoughts on this one.

Take the Shot
SWD DeckBuilder - Deck list

Villain
Rogue

Sets: Awakenings, Spirit of Rebellion

BATTLEFIELD
-----------
Ewok Village (Spirit of Rebellion #154)

CHARACTER
---------
1x Bala-Tik (Awakenings #19)
1x Aurra Sing (Spirit of Rebellion #18)

UPGRADE
-------
1x On The Hunt (Awakenings #26)
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings #63)
2x Cunning (Awakenings #65)
2x Jetpack (Awakenings #66)
1x Thermal Detonator (Awakenings #67)
1x Hunker Down (Awakenings #164)
1x Ascension Gun (Spirit of Rebellion #59)
1x Armor Plating (Spirit of Rebellion #89)
1x Fast Hands (Spirit of Rebellion #150)

SUPPORT
-------
2x Backup Muscle (Awakenings #99)
1x Slave I (Spirit of Rebellion #22)
2x Salvage Stand (Spirit of Rebellion #88)

EVENT
-----
2x He Doesn't Like You (Awakenings #97)
1x Electroshock (Awakenings #159)
1x Unpredictable (Awakenings #162)
2x Doubt (Spirit of Rebellion #80)
2x Bait and Switch (Spirit of Rebellion #82)
2x Friends in Low Places (Spirit of Rebellion #146)
1x Sabotage (Spirit of Rebellion #147)
2x Armed to the Teeth (Awakenings #93)

------------
Total cards: 30

Thermal and Slave are really just there for funsies. Will add a second fast hands and electroshock when I snag one. Anyway, thoughts?

Edit I think I just price is right-ed Guts and Bolts. Sorry about that ese.

Helion fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

guts and bolts posted:

Luke/Maz write-up

Thanks for typing that up, some interesting perspectives. Here are my thoughts after playing mine:

Force Throw x2: Good, but expensive and Blue only so I keep just a single in my deck

Maz's Goggles x2: Also good but needs Maz alive, so again only a single copy

One With The Force x2: I've found that this is too expensive for a quick tempo deck, and really only useful if they target Luke first. Even if you're running Cargo Hold as your battlefield and they target Maz first (which the should), you probably won't have time to get this out AND shift it to Maz

I add Makashi Training x 2, Rey's Staff x 1, Luke's Lightsaber x 1, Second Chance x 1

All In x1: I would only find this useful after having to discard for rerolls, and your opponent is still going to be able to modify your dice on their turn, so

Deflect x2: Great when it works, but dead weight against a melee deck. I prefer guaranteed removal like Loth-Cat and Mouse, since usually one of your dice is probably going to be blank or less useful, and Luke/Maz should be acting fast enough to have all the good dice resolved.

Guard x2: Just pointing out how absolutely awesome this card is. 0 resources, can use modified sides from Makashi Training or Lightsaber, brutal when removing their damage

My Ally Is The Force x2: Another great card but expensive, and you really want this near end-game because you should be dropping upgrades early, so I only use one copy

Return Of The Jedi x2: I prefer a single copy of Cheat because you usually have an unplayable upgrade in hand when you play it, and the extra resource is worth the flexibility of getting any card. Also nice against mill decks that trashed your good upgrades.

Trust Your Instincts x2: I don't think this card is worth the slots it takes up. You should already be cycling through your deck with Luke's activation ability and even more if you have Maz's Castle. Better to have a useful cards that you can discard if needed, not a card that you can only use to reroll, and only for Luke.

I add Friends in Low Places and Unpredictable for more removal and manipulation.

Also, if you are running Force Speed, Force Throw, Lone Operative and Maz's Goggles, it'd be silly not to include at least one Double-dealing. I run 2. Really helps get the resources for Decisive Blow