Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

KKKLIP ART posted:

I do have to admit that the Texas / ND game was super rad to watch and before we knew that both teams were hot garbage.

Yeah, it was also fun witnessing the Texas fans go from "We're back!" to "oh, drat" over the course of a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT probably should have lost once or twice in recent years but didn't due to London's incompetency. If they did the Hoos would have celebrated more normally, like when GT beats UGA, and instead we're at the point where when they eventually win one they're going to go apeshit and beat their chests over it for weeks.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
There's some chatter on the internet that ND is in talks with the ACC to become full football members, but apparently the source is kind of dubious so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Crotch Bat posted:

VT probably should have lost once or twice in recent years but didn't due to London's incompetency. If they did the Hoos would have celebrated more normally, like when GT beats UGA, and instead we're at the point where when they eventually win one they're going to go apeshit and beat their chests over it for weeks.

Yeah, when it finally happens they'll be celebrating it all the way through the bowl season they aren't invited to until their opener against Fairmont State the next year.

Real talk I was at the VT/UVA game a few years ago where we (VT) won on a last second field goal and then I proposed to my now wife. I've told her many times that had we missed and gone on to lose I would've considered it an omen.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
LSU got Texas Tech WR transfer Jon Giles. He looks to have done pretty good last year but that was with Kliff Air Raid and Mahommes... TTU goons what can be expected of him at an LSU team with no definite QB

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Warbird posted:

Mardi Gras started in Mobile so I shall go to Mobike thankyouverymuch.

Mardi Gras is garbage :colbert:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/5/13/15635032/donald-trump-liberty-football-speech-commencement-2017

quote:

Then Trump talked about current events, noting that Liberty was making the leap to the FBS for the 2018 season. The crowd started to cheer, and Trump responded. "Don’t clap. That could be tough. That could be tough. I’m a little worried. I don’t wanna look at some of those scores here. Jerry, you sure you know what you’re doing here? Those other players are big and fast and strong, but I have a feeling you’re gonna do very well, right?"

Trump read out future opponents’ names: UMass, Virginia, Auburn, Rutgers, Old Dominion, Brigham Young, Army, Buffalo, Troy, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, and Wake Forest.

“Jerry, are you sure you know what you’re doing?” Trump riffed at one point. “Jerry, Auburn? I don’t know about that, Jerry. This could be trouble, Jerry.”
I'd make some av/text combo out of that if it wouldn't make me look like a MAGA guy.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

LSU got Texas Tech WR transfer Jon Giles. He looks to have done pretty good last year but that was with Kliff Air Raid and Mahommes... TTU goons what can be expected of him at an LSU team with no definite QB

He had some big games catching the deep ball from Pat Mahomes, but is transferring because he lost his starting spot at midseason to a faster guy named Keke Coutee and couldn't beat out 5'8" Cameron Batson on the other side in the spring.

Borderline NFL talent, possession-type receiver, still needs someone to throw him the ball.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Will Danny Etling be the QB to get Giles the ball? Or will another Big 10 back-up QB swoop in and unseat him?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Yeah, it was also fun witnessing the Texas fans go from "We're back!" to "oh, drat" over the course of a couple weeks.

MSU fans had the same reaction but delayed. We thought ND was a quality win given how they played Texas, a clearly ascending team. Turns out all involved teams were trash.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

When the dumbest guy on Earth is clowning you, it's a bad look. That being said, I hope Liberty gets utterly embarrassed.

Donald Trump believes that the human body has a finite amount of energy, like a battery, and when that energy runs out, you die. Experts say that things like "sleep" and "eating food" can give you energey, but Trump doesn't believe that. He regularly tells people exercising that they are going to die young from wasting their energy.

None of that is a joke.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

You could have told me this was a quote from Seinfeld and I wouldn't have questioned it

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

May Liberty get utterly embarrassed forever and even amen

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/JordanStrack/status/864249257460629504/

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

We are one Clay Travis appearance in Ann Arbor away from allowing me to live my dream of punching a Nazi

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I pray that Undisputed films live there so you may experience an Shannon Sharpe SKEEEEYYUUUP live

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crotch Bat posted:

instead we're at the point where when they eventually win one they're going to go apeshit and beat their chests over it for weeks.

Sure, and this is what they should do, because it's the thing most likely to make VT fans real mad. When you beat your rivals you should rub it in mercilessly, and when they beat you you should let them know that your team was bad and you expected nothing different and they should feel bad about feeling so good about beating a bad team.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

kittenmittons posted:

Yeah, I traveled around Arizona and New Mexico a couple years back. It's totally different, like so wide open it feels suffocating.

I love it. There is something amazing about looking around and not being able to see any evidence of humans except for your rear end and the road you drove in on. When you're an hour up a poo poo-pot road away from 'town', and 'town' means a handful of houses huddling around a bar, then you are the gently caress away from it all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

in today's blinding flash of the obvious, the B1G never thought they'd get blowback over their lovely friday night game idea

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Big ten cities don't have any good high school football

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

vyst posted:

It's no oklahoma/texas/florida but absolutely nobody is going to give a poo poo about watching Rutgers vs. Illinois on a friday night

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

DJExile posted:

It's no oklahoma/texas/florida but absolutely nobody is going to give a poo poo about watching Rutgers vs. Illinois on a friday night

Nobody gives a poo poo about it on a Saturday either

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

the mean lunch lady posted:

Hold on now, a hungover person might briefly switch to that channel for a few plays while waiting for a better game to come on.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

vyst posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

If anything there's probably an argument that more people would grudgingly watch it Friday because there aren't other major conference games on, even accounting for the fact that people generally do something other than watch TV on Friday nights. It's the same reason that the MAC and CUSA put games on weekday nights.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

More people in big 10 cities on Friday nights would rather watch Blue Bloods reruns than college football

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

In other news involving the Big Ten and mind-blowing excitement, MSU vs Toldeo is now booked for 2020.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

if you can't get hype for maction what can you get hype for

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DJExile posted:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

DJExile posted:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

News Alert: I'm one of those guys who gets happy when my alma mater keeps doing well academically

Also
https://twitter.com/derwinjames6/status/864566506822057986

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

DJExile posted:

our inevitable deaths

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/uwmadison/status/864805466236481536

https://twitter.com/uwmadison/status/864806771377844224

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sounds about right for Madison.

Also might want to screenshot those before they delete them.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/patrickdeavours/status/864843386209144832

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JimVertuno/status/864854017914097664

https://twitter.com/JimVertuno/status/864856266992168961

https://twitter.com/JimVertuno/status/864859713275662337

https://twitter.com/PhillipEricksen/status/864859590407712768

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 17, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

what were the madison tweets?

also shut baylor down

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

21 seconds is about how long I last so it checks out

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

iospace posted:

Sounds about right for Madison.

Also might want to screenshot those before they delete them.

gotchu fam

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I am amused that the Baylor investigation is confirming the worst of what we expected, plus the new tangential problem of dogfighting.

Baylor wasn't just a rape problem, they committed all of the crimes.

• Locked thread