Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We probably would've won one event but I was really stupid and fit skinny tires to cut through snow and was leading up until the last stage where we ate poo poo on a hill climb. I think my navigator still has video of that laying around and it's just me switching between spinning the wheels in 2nd and lugging the engine in 3rd while repeatedly screaming gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id Stroll Tonys Sister.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

GramCracker posted:

I'd drive Tony's hot sister FWD, if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

I'd let Tony's hot sister shift my manual gearbox, if you know what I mean fellas :smug:

We should probably end this before Myrddin comes back.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
When I ask someone a direct question three times and they don't answer me it's pretty obvious they're being evasive.

Anyway I gotta go lads. It's been a lot of fun

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I drive a base Honda Civic. It's a car and it does it's job well.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Montana posted:

When I ask someone a direct question three times and they don't answer me it's pretty obvious they're being evasive.

Have fun. Please dont cocaine and drive.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Id Stroll Tonys Sister.

I'd take a Stroll in Tony's sister, if ya know what I mean fellas.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Minto Took posted:

Unfortunately, it's job is being boring as poo poo.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

You are incredibly thick if you couldn't put together that it was the Scirocco.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

actually do because it is insanely fun and good

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Powershift posted:

Unfortunately, it's job is being boring as poo poo.

It's scores better than my last car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Minto Took posted:

It's scores better than my last car.

What was your last car, a piaggio ape?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

What was your last car, a piaggio ape?

A pinto, most likely.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Chevy Cavalier :smith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I drive a Chevrolet Aveo, that car loving sucks.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

Chevy Cavalier :smith:

My mom drove one of those when I was a kid and it nearly caused my parents to divorce.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My family is pretty much all Toyota. Then again, my dad and myself do a good chunk of driving in our day-to-day lives, so we appreciate the mileage you get out of a 1.8L engine. They're not going to excite the pants off you, but they're good for what they do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have never owned an inline 4 engine.

I had a turbo flat 4 for a bit and even that is a blemish on my otherwise 4 liter+ driving record.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Hey guys, remember that time Tony couldn't take the heat so he left?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I bought my econo-box to bum around in because after I started riding motorcycles, expensive "fast" cars became pointless.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

Intimidated by BBWs iracing challenge

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

My family is pretty much all Toyota. Then again, my dad and myself do a good chunk of driving in our day-to-day lives, so we appreciate the mileage you get out of a 1.8L engine. They're not going to excite the pants off you, but they're good for what they do.

I'm supposedly getting a free 2003 Corolla at some point for a winter beater and I'm way more excited than I should be about getting a car with good fuel mileage for the first time in my life.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Great posting tonight everyone. Just really good stuff. Here are some thoughts:

Tony's sister is for sure not hot
I've never owned a car that wasn't FWD
If you hate America then don't name yourself after a character from an American movie
I have a raging boner for GramCracker's posts, not sure why
Again, really great posting

Minto Took posted:

Civic Crew bitch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm supposedly getting a free 2003 Corolla at some point for a winter beater and I'm way more excited than I should be about getting a car with good fuel mileage for the first time in my life.

I had one of those, same model year, was getting 420+ miles per tank. Watch out for the piston rings, they can go bad (guess what happened to that one).

I sort of miss that thing because it got bonkers mileage compared to the Matrix, but the Matrix is a lot more practical because hatch (and the seats will completely fold down).

e: that's not to say the Matrix doesn't get good mileage, I'm pulling 32 mpg out of it, but that's mostly highway driving.

iospace fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 16, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Im very willing to put the 1 dollar up for a server.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
drat I missed out on a lot.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

keevo posted:

drat I missed out on a lot.

No you didn't

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Is there anyone in this thread that isn't currently stoned and/or drunk?

I'm sober.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

Norns posted:

guys if you don't irace you can't have opinions about racing just fyi

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

This may come as some suprise to you tony but I literally don't care how fast a road car is, If I like how it drives and if it's interesting then I probably like the car.

The actual truth is that Road Cars are actually very, very slow and highly flawed in relative terms. Like even a GT-R would get clowned on a track by a Formula Atlantic Ralt-Toyota from the 80s.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

How it drives dude? No powerslides? Handbrakies are about as fun as you get?

Come on man. Just admit you dont know what you're talking about. You drive karts and that's cool, but dont start telling me the virtues of the bloody VW Sirocco.

What do you study, Io?

Sciroccos are cool and don't look like something that hangs out near a hydrothermal vent at the bottom of the ocean.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Crapulus posted:

guys if you don't irace you can't have opinions about racing just fyi

I real race and came first in my class (of 4 other cars).

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Can someone find a top gear that explains irs for Tony

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So whats up? Oh.

Hey a really cool video I like is the interactive driving conceptual one BMW did. It takes automated driving but makes it look so loving awesome. You should get a kick out of this, Io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rylTjvgPpE

Man the other thing is the Phillip Island BMW driving school. Apparently you go out there and give them about a thousand bucks and you go and tear the poo poo out of a late model M3 with an instructor. This video is so cool. The laconic Kiwi accent makes me think of Possum Bourne. Anyone done this and can review it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCDrqVu_TeU

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 16, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm watching Monaco '82 again. Good race. The Alfa V12s were pretty torquey if nothing else; they did well on slow circuits.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Carth Dookie posted:

Oh you sweet summer child. I posted that pic in the watch thread and within minutes was told it could be this:

Gold IWC Big Pilot.

I think they're right. Just look at that big gold hockey puck. It's Lewis to a T. :allears:

If by 'Lewis to a T' you mean pretentious as gently caress then I agree with you.

Also im Rosbergs left chimpanzee ear

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Good times

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

This loving thread. I woke up to 250 new posts and thought Alonso had died in his indy practice or something but nope. Watch chat.

And for the record despite Tony's many faults he's dead on. Of all the retarded things that people anally obsess over, watches are some of the most retardingest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Now no need to going agreeing with Tony NtotheTC, that's a low no one should sink to. Although watch chat bores me silly, there is no denying that high end watches and formula 1 have been a thing forever so it's hardly surprising that there is a crossover. :)

• Locked thread