Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf posted:

oh i was hoping olbermann was like an alex jones type

we need that sort of energy on the left

he'll be a milquetoast Alex Jones soon

well I mean he already is, but he hasn't gone full Jones yet

he will never, and I swear, NEVER go full Ed Balls though

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
gotta admit that maddow story on trump's taxes was some grade a horseshit

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

deathbysnusnu posted:

Anyone want to clarify why they hate maddow other than "optics" (smart woman wearing pant suit and seeming "smug")?

uh optics is 100% of being a TV personality dipshit

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

deathbysnusnu posted:

Anyone want to clarify why they hate maddow other than "optics" (smart woman wearing pant suit and seeming "smug")?

She's a genuinely brilliant person who has decided to make millions on a lovely station doing clickbait-y news for middle-class college educated white people in trendy gentrified neighborhoods to feel smarter than people who aren't middle-class college educated white people in trendy gentrified neighborhoods.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hopefully calling Trump an ahole 24 7 is the key to ratings for these cable news channels so we get 20 of them doing it. I would watch C-Spam the channel.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

When they go low, we go high

only problem is you're right there with them so yer high is is basically back to square one, good job

when they go low, i lie on the floor and try to shoot the stars out of the sky

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

deathbysnusnu posted:

her neck

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

Maddie is incredibly smug but she's the only person on cable news who does any real journalism. She is good.

ok so the thing that turned me off of being personally involved in politics ever was when i volunteered for my local democratic headquarters as a teenager and found out on election night gatherings that democrats are just as hateful as republicans about the other team and you know what if i wanted to watch people be smugly self-assured champions of a particular world view i could just watch fair & balanced fox news channel

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Origami Dali posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
C-SPAM: Vermin Supreme
D&D: Olbermann

hope this clears up analogies of "Why we can't have nice things :qq:"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

deathbysnusnu posted:

Augus posted:

Saying things that I agree with

deathbysnusnu posted:

If Maddow was an old white guy in an ill fitted suit and a bald spot, c-spam couldn't suck his dick hard enough.

a good series of posts

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

lolberman

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Keith is the last place to look my friend

#RESISTANCE

#resist

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Addamere posted:

democrats are just as hateful as republicans about the other team

both sides

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
mark my words, trump is dead

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
has anyone said 'when they go low, we get high af' and then :mmmhmm: for an hour straight yet, cos i'm brainstorming somethere here

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TRUMP!

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

My poll hole has been filled

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Addamere posted:

never understood why people like maddow

she is like the definition of a smug smartass, and every image macro or op-ed or other media thing about her is awful awful awful

maybe she is a nice lady in real life but her public news anchor persona is really bad for anything other than preaching to a choir

I find her attractive. :blush:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

yeah I'm probably never gonna watch her again now.

gently caress all tv news personalities gently caress EM

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Addamere posted:

ok so the thing that turned me off of being personally involved in politics ever was when i volunteered for my local democratic headquarters as a teenager and found out on election night gatherings that democrats are just as hateful as republicans about the other team and you know what if i wanted to watch people be smugly self-assured champions of a particular world view i could just watch fair & balanced fox news channel

lol

this is why trump won

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol if your news source isn't a homeless person reading a library book

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Office Pig posted:

mark my words, trump is dead

Marked like as in reported or?

because that sounds like a Secret Service visit :grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hey guess what both sides hate each-other but one of those hates is totally justified

can you guess which one

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol

this is why trump won

appreciate the congrats :tipshat:

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Fullhouse posted:

uh optics is 100% of being a TV personality dipshit

Nice, good job closing the newsroom door to anyone not cut from the sage old man with a soothing voice newscaster type. Thank god we don't have to worry about content or reporting anymore.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Addamere posted:

Literally the same could be said of all of humanity. Just pick a thing. Sports. TV shows. Video games. Anime. Anything. Everyone gets like this in something they're invested in.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

deathbysnusnu posted:

Solid work, reducing all criticisms to sexism sure worked out great in November.

Maybe the problem was that the bad Dems just didn't do that enough. Guess we'll find out when they double down in 2018.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Addamere posted:

same thing both sides!!!

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Where is Donny this is horeshit

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
:siren:
Trump is going LIVE at 1pm

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

yeah theyre gonna run emails into the ground like they ran benghazi into the ground

Only registered members can see post attachments!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
when Olbermann was between shows he basically turned into a baseball blogger

I tried a few times to engage him about baseball and he never replied

then he devoted himself to being the lamest Twitter troll ever so I unfollowed him

:lol: that Trump has completely broken him

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

Literally the same could be said of all of humanity. Just pick a thing. Sports. TV shows. Video games. Anime. Anything. Everyone gets like this in something they're invested in.

yeah its dumb

people are stupid

:justpost:

(i too am stupid)

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Addamere posted:

Welll..... but the republicans are, actually, really bad, so...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

I get my news from a USA today owned paper delivered to my sidewalk.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

when they go low, i lie on the floor and try to shoot the stars out of the sky

Stars are just celestial holes in which the gods climb through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

murked by dragon posted: