Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is there a SA guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Grem posted:

I created The Goon Squad. Id is 2DPGZ

Lowest level I could create for people to join is 5, not sure what that means for a private guild but whatever!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Joined. This should be in the OP.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I'm sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question, but is there an arcade ladder? I can't seem to find it on the menu. I've only played for 2 hours or so, mostly story stuff.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Beefstew posted:

I'm sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question, but is there an arcade ladder? I can't seem to find it on the menu. I've only played for 2 hours or so, mostly story stuff.

"Battle Simulator" is the arcade mode equivalent, it's part of Multiverse.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Huh, my friend can buy motherboxes for gold and I cannot, how odd. Does it have anything to do with the fact he has beat story mode and I haven't?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Evil Canadian posted:

Huh, my friend can buy motherboxes for gold and I cannot, how odd. Does it have anything to do with the fact he has beat story mode and I haven't?

I haven't even touched the story and I can. Just bronze silver and gold level though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Evil Canadian posted:

Stop trying to pay in Bison Gold.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FYI anyone who got ultimate edition: the code is inside your box (im assuming you got the steelbook box for it) initially there's no indication that the 9 DLC chars are applied but in the PSN store it now shows that you installed Ultimate Pack and that DLC Pack 1 is already "paid" for.

I played some multiverse and some Story, very fun poo poo. Can't help but think Deadshot is an easy way to cheese Multiverse poo poo but I guess we'll see? Idk if all the multiverse missions let you choose your character, or if certain ones lock you into a specific guy.

I haven't tried everyone but I know for a fact that I suck as Harley and I'm good with Joker, who is now really fast and fun to play especially with the joy buzzer, and the revised "HA!" ability is loving fun to use. Black Canary is tough to use but I want to learn her if only because goddamn they did a stellar job with her appearance.

Oh, is there a way in normal Versus mode to specific if you're playing with or without gear stats?

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 16, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Can you please put the guild information in the op?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You get a silver loot box for every character tutorial you do, by the way.

They're all like 6 to 9 little steps that teach you some basic combos or ability use.

And a platinum one just for linking the mobile game, so you should probably do that even if you don't plan on playing it. It also unlocks a premium skin for Cyborg but who cares about Cyborg.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grem posted:

Can you please put the guild information in the op?

Done, front and center

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Release day. Hmm let's see according to my Amazon tracking information my copy is somewhere called "Pasiphaë, Fifty-Third Moon Of Jupiter" but I'm sure it will be fine when I get home from work.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SnJzaAur3g

All the arcade mode endings if you wanna peruse it. Mostly standard fare although Joker's very much reminds me of calypso in twisted metal for some reason.

Also applied to guild, PSN is Rooflemonger.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Release day. Hmm let's see according to my Amazon tracking information my copy is somewhere called "Pasiphaë, Fifty-Third Moon Of Jupiter" but I'm sure it will be fine when I get home from work.

If you have prime it'll be there today. I've never ever had a prime game preorder not show up on release day

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

If you have prime it'll be there today. I've never ever had a prime game preorder not show up on release day

I'm just hoping it won't show up too late on the day I took off for this. Oh well, nice to put up my feet in any case.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm like 2 for 10 on it showing up. I usually go buy a second copy at gamestop and just return the amazon one because I'm a manchild.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't buy games on Amazon that have a strong multiplayer component like this one because 20 percent discount doesn't defeat my laziness/unwillingness to get up and change discs just to.play a couple rounds

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Count me among those lost in the Amazon Prime Phantom Zone

*twiddles thumbs*

Edit: no idea where you guys are, but I'm in Jersey at least...

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Man, Darkseid feels good. That Palm Strike is sexy to wrap combos with

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It's probably for the best because it's just a perfect freaking day outside and I know I'm not leaving the apartment once it gets here. E: Chicago.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
For Mortal Kombat 9 they actually sent me a package on time, but it was Portal 2. I posted it in the thread and amazingly there was another goon who had ordered Portal 2 and received Mortal Kombat. Kindred spirits.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Omega beams are very satisfying

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when doing normal Versus Mode, is there an option to go between With/Without gear stats on loadouts or not?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, the newest issue of Injustice shows that the "Evil Batman" is working for Talia.

Yeah, there's no way that isn't Jason under the cowl.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So what are all the mobile/console unlocks you get from linking the games (other than Grid)?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

So what are all the mobile/console unlocks you get from linking the games (other than Grid)?

I got a platinum loot box. The linking page then said keep playing both for more unlocks, but didn't specify.

Edit: Or Diamond? I forget what the top level box is called.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 16, 2017

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is Darkseid a code in the box or from Amazon in an e-mail?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Grid and a platinum chest

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr E posted:

Is Darkseid a code in the box or from Amazon in an e-mail?

Email

E: Wooo just arrived. Let's do this thing.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 16, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

fadam posted:

Just beat story mode:

Injustice Superman is a dick and I'm not a fan but lmao that last chapter where he takes the alpha and beats the poo poo out of everyone was very cathartic. I almost don't want to to the Batman ending because there's no way its anywhere near as good and probably ends with Superman back in cell or something lame like that.

Yeah, I will say that the Batman ending is kind boilerplate while the Superman ending is brilliant in how hosed up it is and provides a better setup if they ever make a third game.

Also, is it just me or is there a giant Damian sized hole in the story? It felt like Damian was supposed to be more important, judging from the intro flashbacks, and at least build up to a conclusion the story between him and Batman, but all he does is just 'Be a huge dick' and jobbing in the story fights.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Waiting on the day one patch (not sure whether to laugh or cry). The Ultimate Edition came with a neat little booklet with a comic in it covering Supergirl's origin story and some character art by the comic artists. Not sure if that came with the standard editions too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I want to like Atrocious because he's a neat character and all but...Swamp Thing just kinda does everything he does better...and is Swamp Thing...sooo...

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Yes, having all the free giveaway shirts at my local EB being mediums totally makes sense.

Where was this when I was a kid and all the free shirts were extra large?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Went to a release event with my partner and we also laughed at the commemorative size medium Jersey we got. My exact words were "yeah, the target demographic for a Fighting videogame about comic book characters is a Medium."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm a medium at heart.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I want to like Atrocious because he's a neat character and all but...Swamp Thing just kinda does everything he does better...and is Swamp Thing...sooo...

Swamp Thing does not have a kitty.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Deadshot is pretty great so far, as is Scarecrow, though im still getting used to his kit. Gonna take a few flubbed combos to remember B is not an attack, but the trait key.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's been a while since I've played a fighting game and im glad the timing windows are pretty forgiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norns posted:

It's been a while since I've played a fighting game and im glad the timing windows are pretty forgiving

Netherrealm's combo system has always been nice and forgiving for non-experts.

Especially on a wider interest game like this with superheroes in it.

• Locked thread