Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

the_american_dream posted:

Ahhh yes the annual carrasco injury

Sob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

edwin diaz looks broken and will probably go on the dl or be demoted. i'm guessing cishek's next but it could be zych or vincent too. my thought is cishek was their closer and is now all healthy and ready. neither vincent's nor zych's rates look good.

i don't know, it's a mess. i imagine diaz gets at least one more shot, but again, he's been trouble all season.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moneyball posted:

I've done some research and have come to the conclusion: gently caress pitching

:same:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Abel Wingnut posted:

edwin diaz looks broken and will probably go on the dl or be demoted. i'm guessing cishek's next but it could be zych or vincent too. my thought is cishek was their closer and is now all healthy and ready. neither vincent's nor zych's rates look good.

i don't know, it's a mess. i imagine diaz gets at least one more shot, but again, he's been trouble all season.

Either here or the fantasy baseball subreddit was crazy about Diaz going in to the season. I couldn't figure out why. Seemed alright to me, but he went way too high for me in every draft.

In other news, a trade has occured!

Eric Thames, Aaron Judge, JT Realmuto, Dylan Bundy, and Luis Severino for Miguel Cabrera, Buster Posey, Matt Carpenter. Hope Haniger and Berrios are both available when that processes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Moneyball posted:

I just roster k/9 and k:bb and see what happens these days.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Moneyball posted:

Either here or the fantasy baseball subreddit was crazy about Diaz going in to the season. I couldn't figure out why. Seemed alright to me, but he went way too high for me in every draft.

In other news, a trade has occured!

Eric Thames, Aaron Judge, JT Realmuto, Dylan Bundy, and Luis Severino for Miguel Cabrera, Buster Posey, Matt Carpenter. Hope Haniger and Berrios are both available when that processes.

he looked unhittable in the wbc

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
My wonderful neighbor started blaring music at 4 am. I rolled over, checked my phone and saw Ian Happ went unclaimed in my keeper league. Yay I guess, he has to be an upgrade over what I am getting out of EE/Hanley/Dee Gordon at UTIL or 2B.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

My wonderful neighbor started blaring music at 4 am. I rolled over, checked my phone and saw Ian Happ went unclaimed in my keeper league. Yay I guess, he has to be an upgrade over what I am getting out of EE/Hanley/Dee Gordon at UTIL or 2B.

I'm legitimately shocked that nobody claimed him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Moneyball posted:

That's why I'm only on H2H now. Pitching hurts a lot less when you can punt ERA and WHIP every week and just go for K monsters.

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Pandanaut posted:

My team is hot garbage and I'm 3rd from the bottom out of 16 and my claim still failed. gently caress your league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
oh no you're gonna miss out on like 15 PAs whatever will you do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flimflam Man posted:

My team is hot garbage and I'm 3rd from the bottom out of 16 and my claim still failed. gently caress your league.

Your fault for not answering the call when we recruited in the past imo

Spoeank posted:

oh no you're gonna miss out on like 15 PAs whatever will you do

Yeah, this is why I didn't claim him. Sounds like he won't be up much longer and no telling how long until he gets the call again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, Bellinger and to a lesser degree Yonder are the only two guys who I waited on that I regret not snapping up as soon as the hype started. Obviously Bellinger's timetable for that was way shorter.

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, this is why I didn't claim him. Sounds like he won't be up much longer and no telling how long until he gets the call again.

That's true, but you're in a keeper, so he will hopefully have more future value. I'm ready to call it a season, so that's why I wanted him, anyways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If he was on waivers before he got called up he'll be back on waivers soon though. I wouldn't worry

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Sorry, you missed the next Alex Rodriguez

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Bellinger was supposed to be sent back down too. It's more likely than not they send Happ back, but it's not a given.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

If he was on waivers before he got called up he'll be back on waivers soon though. I wouldn't worry

Our league doesn't make players available until they're called up (unless yahoo screws up), his may be the same.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Should I drop JBJ for Ian Happ? Because I'm getting pretty sick of JBJ's poo poo but am afraid he will go ham the second I drop him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Bellinger was supposed to be sent back down too. It's more likely than not they send Happ back, but it's not a given.

The Toles injury opens up playing time for Bellinger, I don't think the Cubs OF is nearly as beat to poo poo, are they?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Murmur Twin posted:

Should I drop JBJ for Ian Happ? Because I'm getting pretty sick of JBJ's poo poo but am afraid he will go ham the second I drop him.

I just dropped him for Cargo. :quagmire:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who the gently caress is Ian Happ? I can't keep up with you kids and your flashy new prospects like Amed Rosario and Cody Bellinger.

Going to just sit back here and enjoy Matt Kemp being good until he gets hurt again because he should be DH'ing instead of playing in the National League.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Going to just sit back here and enjoy Matt Kemp being good until he gets hurt again because he should be DH'ing instead of playing in the National League.

Um actually Matt Kemp is going to keep hitting .346/.381/.617 without any bumps for the rest of the year and don't you dare say otherwise.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ian Happ is a ~*~CuBs PrOsPeCt~*~ who hit a dinger in his first at bat and caused everyone to lose their mind and forget there are eleventy billion people ahead of him on the depth chart but they're all dead for a few more days.

He's getting a cup of coffee and people are losin' it

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Spoeank posted:

Ian Happ is a ~*~CuBs PrOsPeCt~*~ who hit a dinger in his first at bat and caused everyone to lose their mind and forget there are eleventy billion people ahead of him on the depth chart but they're all dead for a few more days.

Yeah that's par for the course, especially for the Cubs. It started with Bryant, for good reason, but then the hype train went into another gear for Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Contreras. Happ is the next man up and I'm sure Jimenez will be viewed as the next best thing to Moncada soon.

I don't even know a thing about Happ, but I just hope he is keeper worthy. One guy in the league has built a super outfield of Benintendi, Judge and Trea Turner all without ever needing a number one waiver.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I hope this is a thing people quote to mock you after Happ hits 40 dingers this season :j:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Ian Happ or Jose Altuve next year?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

Yeah that's par for the course, especially for the Cubs. It started with Bryant, for good reason, but then the hype train went into another gear for Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Contreras. Happ is the next man up and I'm sure Jimenez will be viewed as the next best thing to Moncada soon.

I don't even know a thing about Happ, but I just hope he is keeper worthy. One guy in the league has built a super outfield of Benintendi, Judge and Trea Turner all without ever needing a number one waiver.

I could technically put together a waiver-less OF of Trout, Stanton, and Sano so I'm not impressed :colbert:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I could technically put together a waiver-less OF of Trout, Stanton, and Sano so I'm not impressed :colbert:

I would rather have his because Stanton is gonna break some time in July.

Someone just dropped Schwarber for Lewis Brinson. :allbuttons:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Moneyball posted:

I couldn't figure out why

His loving slider

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I've scratched together an OF of Judge/Thames/Ozuna/Conforto/Bellinger/Brantley pretty much entirely from waivers/free agency.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pandanaut posted:

You forgot Jorge Soler. Also the Astros seem to get insane hype on every prospect as well.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Doltos posted:

You forgot Jorge Soler. Also the Astros seem to get insane hype on every prospect as well.

I totally forgot about the Jorge Soler experience. He was a part of that Cuban sensation wave with Puig, Abreu and Rusney Castillo.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
jebus bless Rich Hill's fingers tonight

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Wish I started Dickerson over Alonso to go along with JD Martinez and Chris Davis who hit two out tonight.

e:

I always considered Freddie Freeman to be a slightly better Eric Hosmer, projected to hit .300, maybe 20 home runs and 90ish RBI, but in the past calender year his line is:

.317 121 R, 42 HR, 106 RBI, 9 SB in 159 games, in that lineup. :stare:

Guess I should have taken him more seriously.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 17, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
God help me I've voluntarily boarded the Rich Hill blistercoaster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

I would rather have his because Stanton is gonna break some time in July.

Someone just dropped Schwarber for Lewis Brinson. :allbuttons:

I really wish yahoo was more consistent with prospects.

Also clearly this will be the year Stanton stays healthy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I've scratched together an OF of Judge/Thames/Ozuna/Conforto/Bellinger/Brantley pretty much entirely from waivers/free agency.

All of those guys were drafted in my league. Sucks.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I really wish yahoo was more consistent with prospects.

Also clearly this will be the year Stanton stays healthy.

I actually emailed Yahoo a few years back asking about that. I had read it was based on who they thought would break camp, who was on the 40-man roster, who was signed to a major league deal, etc.

The rep told me there was no exact reason. They actually tried to sell it as a feature of keeping people engaged with the product all year. That was when I almost had enough and moved the league to ESPN but I hate their fantasy platform even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, Yahoo isn't great but compared to ESPN it's incredible.

• Locked thread