Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Like I cannot imagine a scenario where Don at a Saudi party does not accidentally blaspheme at least once every two minutes of small talk. Edit: Small Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TildeATH posted:

Funny you should ask.

He is... with just one simple precondition.

How cool would it be if Trump converted to Islam. Only Nixon could go to China, only Trump could convert the American Fascist Right to Islam.

this would be the funniest possible outcome because it would be the biggest propaganda whiplash since everyone found out hitler was just the worst

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Flavius Belisarius posted:

My biggest problem has always been that I find all the career paths that would actually make me money either extremely boring or distasteful, and I really wish I was wired differently.

:capitalism:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish professional strip club reviewer was a real job :smith:

It almost certainly is, you just might not be in the right area

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
your audience would mostly be guys too chicken to go to a strip club :3:
or people who only go to them with coworkers and don't understand wtf how its socially acceptable to go to a strip club with coworkers

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fullhouse posted:

and in ways that don't matter in 99% of tech jobs, which is the only reason most people bother studying CS

let me tell you how many times I've used calculus in my engineering jobs

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/carolynryan/status/864556486638395392

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i had a friend whose roommate wrote reviews for sex toys professionally. walked into their house one day and there was one of those bouncy balls that you sit on with a dildo sticking out of it. just sitting in the living room. he was weird as poo poo tho, which is probably to be expected.

he must have had impeccable balance, and also a stick'd ball up his rear end for long periods of time

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

is trump allowed in Mecca

grab em by the kaaba. you can do anything if you're the potus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

It almost certainly is, you just might not be in the right area

Ohio certainly is not a hot bed for naked lady bars

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Cephalocidal posted:

Like I cannot imagine a scenario where Don at a Saudi party does not accidentally blaspheme at least once every two minutes of small talk.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i had a friend whose roommate wrote reviews for sex toys professionally. walked into their house one day and there was one of those bouncy balls that you sit on with a dildo sticking out of it. just sitting in the living room. he was weird as poo poo tho, which is probably to be expected.

the best jobs are where you get paid to do what you love

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The mystery deepens

who is the sinister villain who is making Donald Trump look like a stupid bitch?

Serf
May 5, 2011

if i could i'd go back in time and tell myself to get a useful degree instead

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Does Yelp have stripclubs?

Yinlock posted:

he must have add impeccable balance, and also a stick'd ball up his rear end for long periods of time

I was never around for it but my friend said he and his partner were extremely loud so I would assume all sorts of things were inserted in all sorts of other things.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it's insanely awesome that literally any poster itt would be a better president than trump

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so did trump singlehandedly ruin the us's relationship with israel in a day

how will his supporters, who have probably never met an actual jewish person in their lives but love israel, spin this

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
The giant child that is our president would absolutely convert to islam just so he can throw rocks in public.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

The mystery deepends

who is the sinister villain who is making Donald Trump look like a stupid bitch?

the dude with the bubble head in spider-man, mysterio

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I am definitely sure that the alienation caused by wishing I was different to fit into something I don't want to only reinforces the cycle.

btw I should point out I do have a big boy job, I just wish it paid a bit more so I didn't have to worry about this and that all the time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
next week's headline: Ivanka is afraid to let Trump alone with scissors

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Cephalocidal posted:

Like I cannot imagine a scenario where Don at a Saudi party does not accidentally blaspheme at least once every two minutes of small talk. Edit: Small Balls

"Hey, check out the soles on these shoes. These are fabulous shoes, the best you can buy in America, look at how great these shoes are." *removes shoes, presses soles of them into face of Saudi royalty*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dolash posted:

Edit: I also got a degree in philosophy and want to say that an Arts degree can definitely help you stand out and give you credibility when presenting yourself as an alternative to the purely technically-minded.

I've heard a lot from people with minors in philosophy how they can sell it as critical thinking skills and get a job based off them selling themselves as someone who can self correct and avoid ruts out of habit.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I was never around for it but my friend said he and his partner were extremely loud so I would assume all sorts of things were inserted in all sorts of other things.

i'm not judging

well i'm judging kind of on the dildo ball, but besides that

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

duh

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

paranoid randroid posted:

5/18 - okay fine, yes, rats, not cats.

5/19 - accusations of trafficking immigrants with the mouse of Minsk are false as being reported

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
sorry melania but i'm splitting us up

*transforms into amoeba and undergoes cell division*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I am definitely sure that the alienation caused by wishing I was different to fit into something I don't want to only reinforces the cycle.

btw I should point out I do have a big boy job, I just wish it paid a bit more so I didn't have to worry about this and that all the time

I wish I could write full time :smith:

but here I am, wasting valuable hours I could devote to my craft and straining to churn out one novel a year

because lol money

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

triple sulk posted:

so did trump singlehandedly ruin the us's relationship with israel in a day

how will his supporters, who have probably never met an actual jewish person in their lives but love israel, spin this

they dont care about jews. they care about jerusalem.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

haljordan posted:

Was benghazi considered the biggest scandal of Obama's presidency?

tan suit

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Trump: As they say in the Quran - Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bad comparison, Homer almost always means well

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

"Hey, check out the soles on these shoes. These are fabulous shoes, the best you can buy in America, look at how great these shoes are." *removes shoes, presses soles of them into face of Saudi royalty*

come check out this drawing i made in the dirt of mohammed, its hard to see after i poo poo in it but you can kinda make out the outline

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Cephalocidal posted:

And this would be fine because they're all corrupt as gently caress except it's HIM so there's going to be a Russian mole somewhere in the room recording everything.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dolash posted:

I'm one of the dopes who likes working on the more theory/academic side of computer science and robotics, so my coding skills are a joke and my repositories are a horror show. Good thing I like teaching introductory programming courses and publishing!

But yeah, 9 out of 10 of my colleagues are more on the developer/programmer side of things and constantly wondering why they don't just jet off and do that full time.

Edit: I also got a degree in philosophy and want to say that an Arts degree can definitely help you stand out and give you credibility when presenting yourself as an alternative to the purely technically-minded.

I've always wondered how useful knowledge of logic in the philosophy domain translates to math and CS?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i mean, in large part, a degree is a class badge that tells people, regardless of major, that "i am a person who is in the middle class" so you can enter into middle class spaces freely and middle class people will be comfortable with you because you can say "oh, i did my undergrad at ____" at some boring dinner party. and, in fact, humanities degrees trend from wealthier families because they know they are going to have a job no matter what so they don't have to find a major that maps to a specific vocation.

i mean, it's cynical, but just get a degree so that rich people will hire you because they think you're from "good stock" or whatever.

sounds like a pretty loving dumb reason to incur five digits of personal debt to me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*decorum intensifies*

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i mean, in large part, a degree is a class badge that tells people, regardless of major, that "i am a person who is in the middle class" so you can enter into middle class spaces freely and middle class people will be comfortable with you because you can say "oh, i did my undergrad at ____" at some boring dinner party. and, in fact, humanities degrees trend from wealthier families because they know they are going to have a job no matter what so they don't have to find a major that maps to a specific vocation.

i mean, it's cynical, but just get a degree so that rich people will hire you because they think you're from "good stock" or whatever.

aren't you still in college? lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

That DICK! posted:

lmao

that's Larry flynt you ableist monster

sorry. a fat white cripple my self i mixed him up. also all rich old fat ghouls look the same to me.

lorn Wayne posted:

sorry melania but i'm splitting us up

*transforms into amoeba and undergoes cell division*

nah, he is just ego the living planet. so i guess that makes barron star-lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's insanely awesome that literally any poster itt would be a better president than trump

ahem

• Locked thread