Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs sign Calle Rosen and Andreas Borgman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Jamwad Hilder posted:

he sucks at art too

It's like he watched a documentary about Basquiat and tried to imitate it without either the talent or understanding.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

Leafs sign Calle Rosen and Andreas Borgman

:shrug:

I'm guessing they're replacing Carrick on the 2nd pair and remaking the 3rd?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gunjin posted:

It's like he watched a documentary about Basquiat and tried to imitate it without either the talent or understanding.

thats exactly what i was thinking too

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Levitate posted:

Can't wait for Ovi to bail on the NHL to go to the Olympics and all the articles that will be written about his lack of leadership and how he's responsible for the Caps not winningthe Capitals immediately winning the Stanley Cup without him

With extra Cool and Right added :c00l:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So what's that child's craft of a sweater cost? 120 is my guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUHTHkoFVWp/

loving brilliant stuff there.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 16, 2017

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
cool, i didn't know prisons started paying people millions of dollars to leave the country and never come back

go to hell ville

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ThinkTank posted:

So Ville Leino is apparently an artist now and uh... he didn't much care for his time in Buffalo.

I have a new favourite player.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
can we make that every Sabres fans avatar?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I hope he sends a shirt to everyone in Buffalo

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
ville's lucky he played in buffalo and not a larger market, because any and all scrutiny he received would have been far worse

2013–14 Buffalo Sabres 58GP 0G 15A 15P 10PIM

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

:shrug:

I'm guessing they're replacing Carrick on the 2nd pair and remaking the 3rd?

There's no guarantee either make the team next year, they're both on 2-year ELCs. More about having depth, there aren't a lot of guys on the Marlies who can step in when injuries happen.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

There's no guarantee either make the team next year, they're both on 2-year ELCs. More about having depth, there aren't a lot of guys on the Marlies who can step in when injuries happen.

That's true. Whatever makes Hunlak go away is fine by me.

*monkey's pay closes a finger*

gently caress

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

whatis posted:

ville's lucky he played in buffalo and not a larger market, because any and all scrutiny he received would have been far worse

2013–14 Buffalo Sabres 58GP 0G 15A 15P 10PIM

I know the reflex is to defend your team but that was a team that went 21-51-10.

They had as many wins as they did in 12-13, a 48 game season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I don't know maybe don't give a terrible contract to a player that had a career year that was ~250% increase on his point production up to that point in the NHL.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
ville got paid way too much, there's no disputing that. that has nothing to do with him crying and talking about his time here like being in jail. he left buffalo and never scored more than 10 goals in a season in the slew of european leagues he bounced around in, because he sucked rear end.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

The Lindy Ruff Experience.

It's beautiful

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Ville Leino was once traded for Ole Kristian Tollefson and a 6th round pick.

That painting is how I feel like I look when I think about that trade.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fire Holland.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/864618174767124480

Traded Hall for Larsson, GM of the Year. :smug:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ville Leino was once traded for Ole Kristian Tollefson and a 6th round pick.

That painting is how I feel like I look when I think about that trade.

Uh, it was a 5th round pick.

That trade owned. I'm sad he broke when he left Philly though, dude was on fire the year the Flyers went to the Finals.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Brassard for zbad too. Or was that before he got the nod?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I fully realize that it's just treated the same way as coach of the year or the leadership award, except even dumber because youre trying to isolate the current year of GMing, but how do they even pretend to justify nominating Dorion?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I fully realize that it's just treated the same way as coach of the year or the leadership award, except even dumber because youre trying to isolate the current year of GMing, but how do they even pretend to justify nominating Dorion?

There was a CBC graphic tonight that went something like:
Chia (first playoffs since whenever)
Poile (first conference finals)
Dorion (got the job as gm)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

So Ville Leino is apparently an artist now and uh... he didn't much care for his time in Buffalo.

lmao he made god drat t-shirt of it

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

ThinkTank posted:

gently caress you guys this is cool

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
it really isn't but maybe hot topic can make it so

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
nah it's cool to remember that professional athletes are still people even though we don't act like it most of the time

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

You can buy violent gentlemen branded coffee now

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

tofes posted:

nah it's cool to remember that professional athletes are still people even though we don't act like it most of the time

No one's making GBS threads on him for pursuing his interests. They're making GBS threads on him because his art is bad, like most artists'.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

tofes posted:

it's very cool that he has something to do and a new passion, and its also very funny because his art sucks and he made a t shirt of his lovely art.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
JAIL

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

As a person who can't draw for poo poo, Ville Leino has inspired me to pursue my dream of being an artist.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The KHL is rightsizing itself.

I really wanted the KHL to do well and become an actual rival/alternative to the NHL but it appears there are some holes in the bilge.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress y'all haters I want the poo poo out of one of those shirts

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's the art equivalent of not being able to skate backwards.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Leino has had his clothing brand or whatever for years (billebeino.com). The new stuff sure is some art.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Blackhawks have been granted permission to talk to Ulf Samuelsson as Kitchen's replacement.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I enjoy painting and drawing and yeah that's some low effort stuff. But the thing about art is that it doesn't matter if you like it, someone always will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cyanidewolf posted:

Leino has had his clothing brand or whatever for years (billebeino.com). The new stuff sure is some art.

Thats way cooler than playing for the Sabers imo

• Locked thread