Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my Darkseid code in an e-mail from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

This is killing me.

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012
Sent a request from PSN ID: Lekon.

Also, it's weird to say, but Darkseid and Deadshot feel a hell of a lot alike. Something about the zoning in both cases makes them feel way too close to each other.

Other than that, game is a blast already, can't wait to find out who my main will be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jimmy Hats posted:

My copy didn't come with my Darkseid code D:

Mine came with a Darkseed code. :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Best Buy didn't get the preorder bonus hats in or something, so for whatever reason that also meant they weren't going to give me the Darkseid code until that came in. Which is incredibly dumb. Luckily I called their customer service line and they were able to just give me the code over the phone ahead of waiting for the email.

I would have been fine with them just being like "sorry, no hat!" and giving me the Darkseid code, but I bet there's some people who threw a fit. Or are going to.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ivy's mace is so weird.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I'm real bad at this game, but I applied to the guild as sharnaff

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Are guilds multi-platform, or will us xbone players be left in the cold? all three of us

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is online acting fucky for anyone else?

Like its taking me forever to find games and when I do they're all lovely.

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 16, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

fadam posted:

Is online acting fucky for anyone else?

Like its taking me forever to find games and when I do they're all lovely.

Launch day, servers may be struggling. I've spent most of the day doing story and breaking in DS in multiverse.

Also gently caress I love Adam. Not sure who I'm ultimately going to stick with.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

Launch day, servers may be struggling. I've spent most of the day doing story and breaking in DS in multiverse.

Yeah hopefuly. I had a long set this morning on 3 bars that felt perfect, but playing this afternoon has been rough.

Did Black Adam players in IJ1 use his mine thing at all? It feels really worthless in this game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I did, it never works as a trap but set it and toss the other guy into it and it works nice

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'll give that a shot. I've been throwing it close against dive kickers but it hasn't really ever worked like I thought it would. The animation for it is so long.

Black Adam seems good but I've yet to find any combos that are particularly damaging, but his ex-moves are actually insane. His ex-lighting does so much damage.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

Did Black Adam players in IJ1 use his mine thing at all? It feels really worthless in this game.

He has a combo setup that can push the opponent the distance to reach the mine, so it can be useful. I generally combo into the grab however.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

He has a combo setup that can push the opponent the distance to reach the mine, so it can be useful. I generally combo into the grab however.

What are you doing for a meterless punish? I'm doing f12, db3, b3, j1, f12 throw for ~230, or throwing in another f12 and trait at the beginning for ~320. I feel like there's something I can do with his dive kick in there but I can't figure out how.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Whats goon guild called?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Applied to join Goon Squad as Shoomu.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Applied as either Shnucka or Chuggy i forget my.psn name lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

What are you doing for a meterless punish? I'm doing f12, db3, b3, j1, f12 throw for ~230, or throwing in another f12 and trait at the beginning for ~320. I feel like there's something I can do with his dive kick in there but I can't figure out how.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't taken nearly the time or practice to develop any concrete strategy on this yet. It sounds like you've given it more thought than me at this time. If my opponent totally whiffed I would usually go into a 22f3 and then black magic. I'm still pretty green at all this and have only really practiced DS outside of story mode.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Applied to the goon guild as Shinjitsu.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dang dude dat Superman story mode ending.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Applied as ZX119-A.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
'Years ago Batman called upon help from the only person he trusted...another Batman'

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Fool posted:

Are guilds multi-platform, or will us xbone players be left in the cold? all three of us

they don't appear to be multi-platform, which makes sense because there's no way for usernames on one service to be seen on another one for approval to join stuff or whatever.

someone needs to make an Xbox guild please

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Saint Freak posted:

'Years ago Batman called upon help from the only person he trusted...another Batman'

And they still had to fight each other, just to be sure.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Worst case I'll make one when I hit lvl 5 for xboners.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Applied as Mr Ice Cream Glove

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Huh, my friend can buy motherboxes for gold and I cannot, how odd. Does it have anything to do with the fact he has beat story mode and I haven't?

If you are on the PS4 when you are in the menu where you open the mother boxes, select which type of box you want and hit triangle. As there isn't a seperate buy menu it is a bit confusing. I can't confirm this is the exact way right now as I'm not near my ps4 but it's something like the. (What button to hit is on the bottom right of the screen if you are on X-Box - yeah they don't make it very obvious.)

Man I didn't like WW stance change in Injustice 1 but it's a heck of a lot better than this thing that seems to be a random buff where I never know what I'm going to get. That's why I never used Harley's train in the last game. I'm gonna give it a go and try to learn some more combos with her etc... (as she has always been my favorite DC Character.). but I'm temeted to start trying out other characters - mainly Black Canary because she seemed fun to play in story mode.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 17, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'd love to join the fun but I'll wait until Red Hood is released to take the plunge.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

If you are on the PS4 when you are in the menu where you open the mother boxes, select which type of box you want and hit triangle. As there isn't a seperate buy menu it is a bit confusing. I can't confirm this is the exact way right now as I'm not near my ps4 but it's something like the. (What button to hit is on the bottom right of the screen if you are on X-Box - yeah they don't make it very obvious.)

Man I didn't like WW stance change in Injustice 1 but it's a heck of a lot better than this thing that seems to be a random buff where I never know what I'm going to get. That's why I never used Harley's train in the last game. I'm gonna give it a go and try to learn some more combos with her etc... (as she has always been my favorite DC Character.). but I'm temeted to start trying out other characters - mainly Black Canary because she seemed fun to play in story mode.

I was looking at wonder woman but she seems to have a very limited moveset. She has 2 low attacks in her entire arsenal which seems really weak!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd love to join the fun but I'll wait until Red Hood is released to take the plunge.

lol I thought I recognized you

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Jesus, the quality of facial animations is incredible. In the scene where ]Harley confronts the Joker hallucination and turns her back to him the emotion she displays is really impressive.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

I was looking at wonder woman but she seems to have a very limited moveset. She has 2 low attacks in her entire arsenal which seems really weak!

she seems to hit kinda hard, but she doesn't have simple 32% meterless damage off of mids and lows anymore, and 27% off an overhead. I still like her, but she doesn't have a lot of combo extenders outside of EX shield toss.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
What goto bnbs are you all-knowing goons using for Capt. Cold? I can't seem to figure any out yet other than little ones like 112 then b,f,1

:(

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Jesus, the quality of facial animations is incredible. In the scene where ]Harley confronts the Joker hallucination and turns her back to him the emotion she displays is really impressive.

Yeah, I'm actually of two minds on this. On the one hand, I think the faces are terrible, like they gathered the janitor, the secretary, the guy selling hot dogs in front of their building, the squeegee guy, etc to save some cash. On the other hand, this is some of the best facial animation I've ever seen in a game.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
And how do you unlock the Mr. Freeze skin? Is it a chance motherbox drop?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah I also forgot to mention the loss of the air-dash unless you can randomly hope you get the hermes buff - that sucks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"You need to let go, Leonard."

"My heart is frozen."

"Just let it go."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

KOMI posted:

And how do you unlock the Mr. Freeze skin? Is it a chance motherbox drop?

Chance drop or a bunch of Triangles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
'I know a trick for fighting clowns'

'oh? Do tell!'

'always go for the 'juggler'! Ha ha ha!'

• Locked thread