Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

themrguy posted:

Gonna be wild to see the MAGA denial cycle play out in less than a day, again.
1."Obvious Fake News!"
2.WH confirms, likely via angry tweet
3."Well, actually this was a good thing because {reason}"
4."What about {infowars bullshit}, huh?! That's the real story!"
5.With next massive scandal, return to 1.

Trump also said he didn't even know where the information came from, so he couldn't have given away anything that would lead to a negative diplomatic outcome. He is trying to help and save lives and you got people crucifying him for it, lmao. Never change. The whole point of the WashPo "story" was him telling the ambassador about an potential attack and the Russians or Isis would somehow be able to put two and two together and figure out where that information came from, and that some how makes Trump a menace to democratic society. Quite a stretch!

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mnoba posted:

multiple staffing issues including tax dodgers, people crashing white house parties for photo ops, 9/11 truthers

Yeah that's the same as the National Security Advisor being subject to blackmail by Russia for sure.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

COMRADES posted:

Yeah that's the same as the National Security Advisor being subject to blackmail by Russia for sure.

the russians could blackmail you for being a brony

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to come on these forums every day to voice your support for a tabloid star from the 90's

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Dude is basically proto-kardashians

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Genderfluent posted:

I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to come on these forums every day to voice your support for a tabloid star from the 90's

don't forget his award winning performance in Home Alone 2

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Trump also said he didn't even know where the information came from, so he couldn't have given away anything that would lead to a negative diplomatic outcome. He is trying to help and save lives and you got people crucifying him for it, lmao. Never change. The whole point of the WashPo "story" was him telling the ambassador about an potential attack and the Russians or Isis would somehow be able to put two and two together and figure out where that information came from, and that some how makes Trump a menace to democratic society. Quite a stretch!

I thought the story was fake news and we weren't supposed to believe it because it's just the LIEberal media trying to make Trump look bad

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lemming posted:

I thought the story was fake news and we weren't supposed to believe it because it's just the LIEberal media trying to make Trump look bad

SABOTAGE!!!:qq:
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/864605865277607937

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

When you have 3 named sources stating the story is false, I'm personally gonna lean in that direction over another anonymous source story posted in WashPo, which has time and time again shown that they blow things out of proportion and, per Wikipedia, "On October 13, 2016, it endorsed Hillary Clinton for the presidential election of that year". Gee, agenda much?

How many of their "anonymous source" stories need to be proven either false, exaggerated, or spun, before you stop buying the bullshit they are peddling? haha

lmfao

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lemming posted:

You should always be skeptical of the media. Just because this one story turned out to be partially true doesn't mean everything else they say forever is completely true. Use some common sense and critical thinking, please, tyvm.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

You should always be skeptical of the media.

But not of Trump and his advisers and spokespersons.

You cuck.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

This story has already been proven to be exaggerated. Trump didn't know where the information came from. WashPo insinuated he gave the Russians all kinds of information which he didn't. He simply told them about a potential attack.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

But not of Trump and his advisers and spokespersons.

You cuck.

Be skeptical of both, I thought that was a given but apparently with partisan people it's not. :shrug:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Be skeptical of both, I thought that was a given but apparently with partisan people it's not. :shrug:

You've shown absolutely zero skepticism with Trump's half-assed defenses of his behavior in this thread.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I don't see hardly anyone in this thread buying everything Trump says without questioning it. I do see tons of people buying the media narrative without a second thought.

Majorian posted:

You've shown absolutely zero skepticism with Trump's half-assed defenses of his behavior in this thread.

99% of this thread is about the media narrative and everyone stops critically thinking about the stories being told and what possible agenda is behind said stories. I don't feel the need to be particularly critical of Trump, since everyone else is already doing that for me.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Genderfluent posted:

i think i'm getting carpal tunnel, hopefully trump gets single payer passed thru reconciliation that surgery is expensive i bet

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Lmao trying to pretend you're skeptical of team Trump when literally less than a day ago you were posting

Poetic Justice posted:

You're going to go with "this is a huge cover-up, all three of them are lying" then?

Poetic Justice posted:

"This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced," said Dina Powell, deputy national security adviser for strategy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

Lmao I was waiting for one of the true believers to make a stand. Good job kiddo. You're dumb and gross

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lemming posted:

Lmao trying to pretend you're skeptical of team Trump when literally less than a day ago you were posting

The story, as reported, since you now believe Trump's tweets, is false. He didn't know where the information came from. That was the underpinning of the entire WashPo article.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lmao I was waiting for one of the true believers to make a stand. Good job kiddo. You're dumb and gross

So you are gonna believe Trump when he said he shared certain information, but not believe him when he said he didn't know where the information came from? How convenient for you.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

ugh this isn't reddit or youtube comments, post like you got some respect man jesus

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

This story has already been proven to be exaggerated. Trump didn't know where the information came from. WashPo insinuated he gave the Russians all kinds of information which he didn't. He simply told them about a potential attack.

It's actually funnier that they don't trust the president with the source because they know he'd just tweet it out

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

ugh this isn't reddit or youtube comments, post like you got some respect man jesus

Aren't you infamous for being one of the dumbest posters in this thread

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's actually funnier that they don't trust the president with the source because they know he'd just tweet it out

The whole point of that article and why it's bad that he shared classified information is the fallout of the source becoming known.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I don't see hardly anyone in this thread buying everything Trump says without questioning it. I do see tons of people buying the media narrative without a second thought.

99% of this thread is about the media narrative and everyone stops critically thinking about the stories being told and what possible agenda is behind said stories. I don't feel the need to be particularly critical of Trump, since everyone else is already doing that for me.

"Waaaah, the media keeps making claims about Trump acting like a horse's rear end that are totally believable, and they usually turn out to be the truth, but WHEN IS SOMEBODY GOING TO SAY MEAN THINGS ABOUT THE MEDIA FOR A CHANGE?!:cry:"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

The whole point of that article and why it's bad that he shared classified information is the fallout of the source becoming known.

Wow maybe he shouldn't have done that thing that caused that then, weird

It's almost like trumps connections to Russia have been under intense public scrutiny for months

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Yeah because he mentioned the city that he got it from, which the Trump administration specifically told media outlets not to reveal because it would lead to the source being compromised. So Trump revealed the specific information that his own administration said would lead to the source being compromised.

And you're still uncritically accepting every new Trump lie lmao forever

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Majorian posted:

"Waaaah, the media keeps making claims about Trump acting like a horse's rear end that are totally believable, and they usually turn out to be the truth, but WHEN IS SOMEBODY GOING TO SAY MEAN THINGS ABOUT THE MEDIA FOR A CHANGE?!:cry:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OedkyxEqtA

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Incoming "You should watch your own video" in 5...

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lemming posted:

Yeah because he mentioned the city that he got it from, which the Trump administration specifically told media outlets not to reveal because it would lead to the source being compromised. So Trump revealed the specific information that his own administration said would lead to the source being compromised.

And you're still uncritically accepting every new Trump lie lmao forever

Good news is apparently we are going to find out exactly what the conversation was!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.74156929fd55

quote:

“I hope you can let this go,’’ Trump said, according to the Comey notes, which were described by associates. Comey’s written account of the meeting is two pages long and highly detailed, the associates said. The details of Comey’s notes of the meeting were first reported by The New York Times.

Comey’s description of the event make clear his understanding of the conversation was that the president was seeking to impede the investigation, according to people who have read the account or had it read to them, these people said. Comey felt the conversation was improper and decided to keep the details of the conversations away from the case agents working on the Russia probe.

l
m
f
a
o

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

The story, as reported, since you now believe Trump's tweets, is false. He didn't know where the information came from. That was the underpinning of the entire WashPo article.

So you are gonna believe Trump when he said he shared certain information, but not believe him when he said he didn't know where the information came from? How convenient for you.
Man, if you don't get why people trust the news media, with all its flaws, over a man who has been caught lying constantly for years, I don't know what to tell you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lol at the "critical thinker" shirt.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

Aren't you infamous for being one of the dumbest posters in this thread

you're going to next tell me you eat pieces of poo poo like me for breakfast aren't you

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Majorian posted:

lol at the "critical thinker" shirt.

Actually, a politoon style label shirt is extremely good and cool, although I'd prefer a "Sophisticated Adult" one myself

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/nataliewsj/stat...genumber%3D3306

(he did do something about it, Linds)

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Man, if you don't get why people trust the news media, with all its flaws, over a man who has been caught lying constantly for years, I don't know what to tell you.

only the man who ate so much chili he forgot about his children can be trusted to give you the truth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

you're going to next tell me you eat pieces of poo poo like me for breakfast aren't you

You're in this thread daily defending Donald trump as president I don't really have to say anything more

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

They pick and choose parts of what Trump says to believe to fit their bias.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/statu...23post472400367

Oh please, dear lord jesus christ, let Seb Gorka be press secretary. I will be so happy if that happens.

Poetic Justice posted:

They pick and choose parts of what Trump says to believe to fit their bias.

That's right, it's their fault. It's not that Trump routinely says the dumbest poo poo any president has ever said, and that is a high bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Poetic Justice posted:

the Russians or Isis would somehow be able to put two and two together and figure out where that information came from

This is literally at the core of the modern (counter)intelligence game but okay

• Locked thread