Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

935 posted:

Ok going to play devils advocate here, how is Trunp obstructing justice by just calling someone and asking "hey can you stop investigating this guy? I'd appreciate it" and Comey says "uhh no" how has justice been obstructed?

Like if I'm being investigated for tax fraud and my buddy sees the lead investigator at Panera and my buddy says "hey man can you just please stop investigating" will my buddy be thrown in prison for obstruction of justice?

is your buddy the president of the United States

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

935 posted:

Ok going to play devils advocate here, how is Trunp obstructing justice by just calling someone and asking "hey can you stop investigating this guy? I'd appreciate it" and Comey says "uhh no" how has justice been obstructed?

Like if I'm being investigated for tax fraud and my buddy sees the lead investigator at Panera and my buddy says "hey man can you just please stop investigating" will my buddy be thrown in prison for obstruction of justice?

Are serious? Trump is comeys boss. Your comparison has no relation to this unless your buddy is the head of the IRS

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

Are serious? Trump is comes

*to be read in caveman voice*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mannerup posted:

campaign fundraising email

Hmmm, yes, enrich themselves. Like if they were to float a tax plan that gives themselves and their families a 3 billion dollar tax break.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

935 posted:

Your buddy isn't the president dummy

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Pence tweeted and deleted a pic of Trump, et al meeting Erdogan because it showed Kushner sitting aross from Erdogan's Kushner lmao

https://twitter.com/DionNissenbaum/status/864613281050308609

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

935 posted:

because your buddy at Panera isn't in a position of power over the lead investigator. Let me give you an example: if I work for a company in S.F that rents bicycles to tourists and they're being sued by an ex-employee because the company refuses to pay overtime, it would be very, very illegal for the boss/owner to tell me "If you cooperate with the people suing us, you're fired."

Now extrapolate that to the director of the FBI and the President, who has the authority to hire/fire FBI directors.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
The pisstape is real

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

935 posted:

Lmao

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ambient robot posted:

Pence tweeted and deleted a pic of Trump, et al meeting Erdogan because it showed Kushner sitting aross from Erdogan's Kushner lmao

One baklava for you, two for me.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I know we live in different times now, but all I can think is that McCarthy is spinning in his grave right now.

lol.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Holy poo poo. :vince: hmbol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol that got a bigly out of me

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer

ambient robot posted:

All I am looking at is Donald Jazzy Jeff Trump's face in this photo. Who the gently caress is he grinning at?! :lol:

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I can't keep up. I'm drowning in the LOLs. How the hell can we have a president who consistently contradicts his employees after they put their reputation on the line.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

turn off the TV posted:

So over the course of a little more than two weeks Dr. Donald J. Trump, Ph.D., Attorney at Law, has fired the head of the FBI leading an investigation into his campaign colluding with Russia, held a meeting with the Russian MP and, unannounced, with the ambassador accused of being a Russian spy, leaked specifics of top-top secret Israeli intelligence during this meeting, likely had his office bugged, had the Russians leak a photo of the meeting, had it revealed that he had asked Comey for a loyalty oath as well as asking him to stop the FBI investigation, as well as contradicting every single PR push his staff have tried to make.

lol

"They tricked us!" :qq:

hmbol, just hmbol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
baby so mad lol

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/864614690797834241

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
These are funnier if you run with the theory that the "source" is Trump speaking in third person.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alphabettitouretti posted:

He's also going to a NATO thing on the 25th.

Someone told him there might be people who hadn't heard about his election victory.

sfgate.com/politics/amp/NATO-reportedly-worried-about-Trump-not-paying-11150024.php

*teacher gathers adults in a circle, they all sit down*

*teacher spends 4 minutes on chalkboard using Playskool stickers explaining why treason is bad*

:sadcoke: "Okay, break time! Time for a coke!" *Trump drinks from sippy cup*

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
There is absolutely no way I could be getting this much joy out of a Clinton or Sanders Presidency, we are truly living in the right time line.

( Editors note: I'm not a US citizen and I live on the opposite side of globe just outside of range of North Korea's missles )

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Maybe we were onto something, people.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/864480360410886144

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

lol

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

Supernorn posted:

I am pretty sure a staffer must have sprinted down the hallway and slapped the phone out of his tiny baby hands.

So late but this gave me a hefty lol!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope we never run out of lol

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I loving love this thread

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Future me is not going to pity Trump but you know that's the narrative that's going to be pushed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ1RHUnX9s

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Agreed. I basically live here.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

935 posted:

Future me is not going to pity Trump but you know that's the narrative that's going to be pushed.

what, you don't think the GOP is gonna be like "you know what, we were wrong and while nobody could have forseen this happening, it turns out Trump was a giant piece of poo poo all along."?

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

935 posted:

It's real simple, but not very appropriate for the LOL thread. This country functions upon this idea of "common law", where it's our record of precedents and customs that guide behavior. The Romans had this too, so did the English, etc. At these levels of government, A HUGE proportion of what goes on and functions WELL does so if all the actors have a general respect for the gravity of their office, of the dangers of setting a precedent that would lead to chaos in the future.

Common law systems are SUPER-FRAGILE if you get a party and president in power that simply does anything they want without any thought to the future, just as long as someone in their counsel has told them it's technically not illegal. It's technically not illegal for Don Jonson to ask for personal loyalty from Comey, technically not illegal to ask him to stop doing the job of the director of the FBI in investigating him because he's the president. TECHNICALLY.

But to answer the person from last page about who the worst president was, out of Reagan, Bush, or Trump, I think this example should make it incredibly clear. The founding fathers would have put on Junius loving Brutus cosplay and stabbed the gently caress out of Trump for pulling this kind of "Last King of Rome" bullshit. Like.... gently caress, the whole nation is founded upon this founders' assumption that the people in the office will respect the office. That's why after Reagan and Bush, we had more presidents and congresses that got elected.

When you cross the line that Trump has crossed, all the things that make common law function are hosed. If you do your poo poo at Panera, yeah, maybe that kind of poo poo becomes the new normal at Panera. When THIS human being DOG does it, it means the new normal in America is that your president acts like a king or a dictator, who places loyalty to their person above loyalty to the abstract concept of a nation.

So that's why when W started doing drone strikes, it was a big loving problem. Because then Obama can come in, and well, gently caress, it's not like I PERSONALLY started this poo poo, gotta use what we can use.

There aren't going to BE any more presidents. And no, I will not get out of this god drat drive thru, because you know? I invented that whole joke in the first place, like priming the pump. and this will teach you to ask serious questions in the lol thread plus i should probably shut up.

Signed,
- an rear end in a top hat who smells like rear end in a top hat in the drivetrhough

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

cool new Metroid game posted:

tophy wife. as if he actually has any feelings for her lol.

just want to point out that trump's wives are participation trophies.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lmao at trump legitimately having dementia and being the president. Congratulations voting American public, you are all mentally ill

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Trump re: Comey "tapes" threat:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Trump is going to nuke North Korea or Syria to make this story disappear

lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lmao at trump legitimately having dementia and being the president. Congratulations voting American public, you are all mentally ill

2 mentally deteriorating republicans in 30 years lmao

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

mannerup posted:

campaign fundraising email

I mean, this is more or less the format that the emails I got from Bernie's campaign look like. Pretty standard appeal.

Except, Bernie's emails tended to cite examples of things going on now, events, media revelations, debate and rally outcomes - you know things that actually happened.

I don't really know what this email is actually getting at. The "unelected beaurocracy"? They what? Are they in competition with the elected to be worse in some regard? Is he referring to his own appointed persons? What the gently caress does "Drain the Swamp" mean in this context anyways? Is it like when you get so full of beer (or in Trump's case, yourself) that you gotta break the seal and you're pissing for like 3 minutes? Is that what he's doing?

And a ticket is only $1???

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Doctor Donnie Jiffy Pop Trump is driving a golf cart through the White House while giving everyone the finger.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Partycat posted:

I mean, this is more or less the format that the emails I got from Bernie's campaign look like. Pretty standard appeal.

Except, Bernie's emails tended to cite examples of things going on now, events, media revelations, debate and rally outcomes - you know things that actually happened.

I don't really know what this email is actually getting at. The "unelected beaurocracy"? They what? Are they in competition with the elected to be worse in some regard? Is he referring to his own appointed persons? What the gently caress does "Drain the Swamp" mean in this context anyways? Is it like when you get so full of beer (or in Trump's case, yourself) that you gotta break the seal and you're pissing for like 3 minutes? Is that what he's doing?

And a ticket is only $1???

its pretty blatantly attacking the intelligence community as an adversarial force